copperas cove in d1?

Matthew328
10-23-2013, 08:42 AM
yes...Midway and Temple are both smaller

jason
10-23-2013, 08:44 AM
yes...Midway and Temple are both smaller
a few weeks ago you said cove wouldn't make it :D
don't know how i feel about that 2nd round matchup though....
or 3rd round...
or 4th round...

Region 1 is tough...

Matthew328
10-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Things can change pretty quick...Cove got a win they needed and played Midway tough...

But I feel pretty good about Temple and Midway getting in...Midway's always been a lock..Temple is sitting 3-1 they have Harker Heights, Cove and Killeen to close...one win will probably do it...two puts them in for sure...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2013, 08:50 AM
4a R4 Alice vs Edcouch-Elsa that's going to be a good one in south texas.

Matthew328
10-23-2013, 08:58 AM
a few weeks ago you said cove wouldn't make it :D
don't know how i feel about that 2nd round matchup though....
or 3rd round...
or 4th round...

Region 1 is tough...

5A Reg I Div. I is the toughest region in the state regardless of class

LHPfactory
10-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I think Pflugerville Hendrickson is the 5A dark horse this season, Westlake drew the short straw facing them in first round of the Play offs..... They have been climbing from unranked steadily. I saw what they did the first 2 weeks of the season and knew they had something.

hollywood
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
THEOLDCOACH CLASS 3A PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS

DIVISION I

Region I

Borger vs. Levelland

Fabens vs. Big Spring

Wichita Falls Hirschi vs. Springtown

Stephenville vs. Burnet

Pampa vs. Lubbock Cooper

Fort Stockton vs. Abilene Wylie

Burkburnett vs. Kennedale

Alvarado vs. Brownwood

Region II

Decatur vs. Carrollton Ranchview

Ferris vs. Anna

Paris vs. Crandall

Athens vs. Tyler Chapel Hill

Sanger vs. Argyle

Wilmer-Hutchins vs. Princeton

Texarkana Liberty-Eylau vs. Kaufman

Van vs. Kilgore

Region III

Robinson vs. Taylor

Palestine vs. Jasper

West Orange-Stark vs. Huffman-Hargrave

Houston Yates vs. Columbia

Waco LaVega vs. Navasota

Mexia vs. Carthage

Silsbee vs. Cleveland

Houston Furr vs. Stafford

Region IV

Bellville vs. Gonzales

Fredericksburg vs. Pleasanton

Devine vs. Rockport-Fulton

Kingsville vs. LaFeria

El Campo vs. La Grange

Boerne vs. Somerset

Hondo vs. Ingleside

Rio Grande City Grulla vs. Hidalgo

hollywood
10-23-2013, 09:34 AM
THEOLDCOACH CLASS 3A PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS

DIVISION II

Region I

Dalhart vs. Lubbock Estacado

Pecos vs. Snyder

Graham vs. River Oaks Castleberry

Glen Rose vs. Gatesville

Perryton vs. Shallowater

Clint vs. Monahans

Vernon vs. Lake Worth

Hillsboro vs. Liberty Hill

Region II

Gainesville vs. Aubrey

Dallas Madison vs. Bonham

Atlanta vs. Wills Point

Canton vs. Bullard

Krum vs. Celina

Dallas Roosevelt vs. Melissa

Pittsburg vs. Quinlan Ford

Mineola vs. Gilmer

Region III

Waco Connally vs. Rockdale

Fairfield vs. Diboll

Buna vs. Shepherd

Houston Worthing vs. Sweeny

Lorena vs. Madisonville

Rusk vs. Center

Orangefield vs. Coldspring

Houston Kashmere vs. LaMarque

Region IV

Wharton vs. Cuero

Geronimo Navarro vs. San Antonio Sam Houston

Lytle vs. Orange Grove

Raymondville vs. Rio Hondo

Columbus vs. Yoakum

Wimberley vs. LaVernia

Crystal City vs. Sinton

Zapata vs. Port Isabel

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Regarding D2 R4, Zapata beat Raymondville last week, so it may be prudent to switch them. Unless Zapata falls flat the next couple of weeks.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Regarding D2 R4, Zapata beat Raymondville last week, so it may be prudent to switch them. Unless Zapata falls flat the next couple of weeks.

32-3a other than PI still unclear which team will be left out in the 5 team district. Best chance this season for Progreso to make a playoff appearance.

JBulldawg
10-23-2013, 10:01 AM
What, no 2A-1A projections?

Matthew328
10-23-2013, 10:05 AM
What, no 2A-1A projections?

Not enough time in the day...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2013, 10:16 AM
32-3a other than PI still unclear which team will be left out in the 5 team district. Best chance this season for Progreso to make a playoff appearance.

Hidalgo's win over Rio Hondo actually makes it tougher for Progreso to make it in, assuming they are able to get a district win over one of the other 3 teams. It would have to rely on point differentials to make it in.

Of course, should Progreso not win a game then it becomes pretty clear at that point who the playoff teams are, it would be a matter of seeding.

lostaussie
10-23-2013, 10:29 AM
2nd round matchup of Pitt/Gilmer......I guess I could let them play in the pasture behind my house. Mom and me could run the concession. Little bit of a parking issue but we could work it out!!!

hollywood
10-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Based on THE OLD COACHES projections...

My DIVISION I Regional semi finals guesses

Region I
Stephenville vs. Big Spring
Brownwood vs. Abilene Wylie

Region II
Paris vs. Tyler Chapel Hill
Argyle vs. Kilgore

Region III
Palestine vs. West Orange-Stark
Carthage vs. Stafford

Region IV
Bellville vs. Kingsville
El Campo vs. Ingleside

My DIVISION II Regional semi finals guessess

Region I
Dalhart vs. Graham
Shallowater vs. Monahans

Region II
Gainesville vs. Atlanta
Celina vs. Gilmer

Region III
Fairfield vs. Sweeny
Lorena vs. Coldspring

Region IV
Geronimo Navarro vs. Orange Grove
Wimberley vs. Port Isabel

SHSBulldog00
10-23-2013, 10:42 AM
I can see your DII Region III working out that way.

Snotbubbles
10-23-2013, 11:18 AM

Region IV

OC drinking that Wim kool aid still I see. Has anyone from OC even seen them play in person this year?:sleeping: Pretty clear, not even close to being the Texans of years past. They will make the playoffs, but--if your right (and I think you are) on your 1st round matchup. Bears will end their season.

HW, as you carry out OC projections, I do agree with PI being here. And, I feel LaVernia can play with them. Wim, no way.:tisk:

hollywood
10-23-2013, 11:26 AM
OC drinking that Wim kool aid still I see. Has anyone from OC even seen them play in person this year?:sleeping: Pretty clear, not even close to being the Texans of years past. They will make the playoffs, but--if your right (and I think you are) on your 1st round matchup. Bears will end their season.

HW, as you carry out OC projections, I do agree with PI being here. And, I feel LaVernia can play with them. Wim, no way.:tisk:

There's always those teams that find their way... that's why I put guessess in my title. ;)

When it get's to Reg IV... I have a tough time picking some games. Not as familiar with that region other than what I read and review of scores.

Anyway... it'll be interesting at least to see how some of these matchup predictions (guessess) align. There still could be some shake ups in district play. You just never know until the games are played in some cases. That's why some weeks we have the :eek: factor in who upset who. Did anyone see Fairfield beating Navasota? Not many I bet.

easttexas3a
10-23-2013, 11:27 AM
2nd round matchup of Pitt/Gilmer......I guess I could let them play in the pasture behind my house. Mom and me could run the concession. Little bit of a parking issue but we could work it out!!!

I would think they would play that one at Mt. Pleasant, Marshall, or maybe Longview. It is weird to flip home and home for a 2nd round matchup. It could be done though.

Matthew328
10-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Those semi-final projections are Hollywood's FYI...and we do have someone who has seen Wimberley....

Snotbubbles
10-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Those semi-final projections are Hollywood's FYI...and we do have someone who has seen Wimberley....

FYI Matt, I think that's what I stated. "HW, as you carry out OC projections, I do agree with PI being here".

LV_Bearfan
10-23-2013, 01:21 PM
La Vernia gets little attention this year, but the playoffs should tell a better story. Several of the kids who are seniors played critical roles in a run to the RIV title game when they were sophomores. An influx of talent from an undefeated JV has helped. The Bears should hang around for a good while.

hollywood
10-23-2013, 01:50 PM

Just to clarify what Matt stated... the Reg semi's post I posted are based on TOC projections for all of 3A. They do great work and I just posted what I "guess" would happen. For the record... a projection in HS football is a guess in some cases, right? lol Some are pretty favorable guesses... i.e. Gilmer, Argyle, Kilgore, Stephenville, Carthage, Graham etc. ;) Other are more of a coin flip for me. Others may have more insight or a better guess.

A shout out to TOC for all the great work you guys do by the way! :clap:

JBulldawg
10-23-2013, 02:27 PM

Region I

Region II
Argyle vs. Kilgore

Region III
Carthage vs. Stafford

Region IV
Bellville vs. Kingsville
El Campo vs. Ingleside

Region I
Dalhart vs. Graham
Shallowater vs. Monahans

Region II
Gainesville vs. Atlanta
Celina vs. Gilmer

Region III
Fairfield vs. Sweeny
Lorena vs. Coldspring

Region IV

Pretty sure Stafford will not beat Silsbee. I remember reading where Silsbee destroyed Stafford last year in playoffs and I am told that Silsbee is much better this year. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if Silsbee beat WO-S in district and were in the top half of bracket. This coming from my family member in Port Neches.

SHSBulldog00
10-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Pretty sure Stafford will not beat Silsbee. I remember reading where Silsbee destroyed Stafford last year in playoffs and I am told that Silsbee is much better this year. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if Silsbee beat WO-S in district and were in the top half of bracket. This coming from my family member in Port Neches.

After Friday I can give a better report on Stafford but I don't see them beating Silsbee/WOS.

Pudlugger
10-23-2013, 04:29 PM

Region I

Region II
Argyle vs. Kilgore

Region III
Carthage vs. Stafford

Region IV
Bellville vs. Kingsville
El Campo vs. Ingleside

Region I
Dalhart vs. Graham
Shallowater vs. Monahans

Region II
Gainesville vs. Atlanta
Celina vs. Gilmer

Region III
Fairfield vs. Sweeny
Lorena vs. Coldspring

Region IV

El campo will not get by La Grange in the first round this year. They are not nearly as good as last year and the Leps are much better.

Turin
10-23-2013, 05:11 PM
This looked like fun so I took my own stab at it. Some of these are wild guesses so bring on the criticism/comments.

Region I

Region II
Anna vs. Athens
Argyle vs. Kilgore

Region III
Robinson vs. West Orange-Stark
Carthage vs. Stafford

Region IV
Bellville vs. Kingsville
La Grange vs. Ingleside

Region I
Snyder vs. Graham
Liberty Hill vs. Monahans

Region II
Gainesville vs. Athens
Celina vs. Gilmer

Region III
Fairfield vs. Sweeny
Lorena vs. Coldspring

Region IV
La Vernia vs. Port Isabel

Roughneck93
10-23-2013, 05:45 PM
After Friday I can give a better report on Stafford but I don't see them beating Silsbee/WOS.

Agreed.

Manso/V8
10-23-2013, 06:40 PM
El campo will not get by La Grange in the first round this year. They are not nearly as good as last year and the Leps are much better.

You keep saying that, but recent history has shown that the Leps will either peak too early, suffer from injuries, or some other reason not to finish strong.

D'Highlander
10-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Hillsboro :cheerl::clap:

Smitty
10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Hillsboro :cheerl::clap:

Hillsboro could replace Glen Rose as the DivII #1 seed out of 7-3A....would not surprise me.

D'Highlander
10-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Hillsboro could replace Glen Rose as the DivII #1 seed out of 7-3A....would not surprise me.

Me either... Maybe GR doesn't make it if Venus can pull one out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

hollywood
10-23-2013, 10:36 PM
We'll know where Venus, GR and Alvarado are on Friday.

Stephenville @ Venus
Glen Rose @ Alvarado

Manso/V8
10-23-2013, 11:21 PM
I can see your DII Region III working out that way.

Region III and Region IV seem kind of down this year.

SHSBulldog00
10-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Region III and Region IV seem kind of down this year.

People say Region IV is down every year, but we know they have solid teams. Region III may not be as deep as normal but it will get good in the 2nd or 3rd rd IMO. The cream will rise to the top. Or as we say in Sweeny, "What's green will grow".

D'Highlander
10-28-2013, 10:38 AM
new one posted Wednesday Stepp?

Matthew328
10-28-2013, 05:05 PM
new one posted Wednesday Stepp?

hope so