PDA

View Full Version : Best District Games

Bullaholic
10-21-2013, 03:50 PM
What are the best district games between now and the playoffs? Gilmer-Kilgore, Celina-Argyle will be headliners, and Gainesville-Decatur will be fair.

BullBoy
10-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Decatur vs Gainesville?

Bullaholic
10-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Decatur vs Gainesville?

My error, Bullboy. Forgot Gainesville won last week 48-23. Don't know what I was thinking---or rather not thinking...:D Thx for helping an old guy remember, sonny...:D

MUSTANG69
10-21-2013, 04:09 PM
D30

Ingleside-Orange Grove

BullBoy
10-21-2013, 04:15 PM
My error, Bullboy. Forgot Gainesville won last week 48-23. Don't know what I was thinking---or rather not thinking...:D Thx for helping an old guy remember, sonny...:D

Had me confused there for a sec, had to look it up to make sure haha.

hollywood
10-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Burnet @ Liberty Hill this week should be a great game.

Also upcoming in 2 weeks...

Stephenville vs Hillsboro

orange machine
10-21-2013, 04:38 PM
What are the best district games between now and the playoffs? Gilmer-Kilgore, Celina-Argyle will be headliners, and Gainesville-Decatur will be fair.

Don't think Argyle - Celina game will be all that!

Smitty
10-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Burnet @ Liberty Hill this week should be a great game.

Also upcoming in 2 weeks...

Stephenville vs Hillsboro

Because?......the yellowjackets go undefeated in district play and win the district championship outright.

SHSBulldog00
10-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Week 9

Lubbock Cooper @ Shallowater - Mustangs only challenge to going 10-0
Melissa @ Princeton - The Cards will be the favorite but it is their last legitimate game until the playoffs
Gonzales @ Cuero - Playoff implications in this game.

Week 10
Monahans @ Big Spring - GOTW potential
Silsbee @ West Orange-Stark - Always a great game
Fairfield @ Palestine - Keep an eye on this game
Hondo @ Devine - I love this series
Somerset @ La Vernia - Both teams on collision course

slingshot
10-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Don't laugh but Monahans at Big Spring will be a good one! May have to sneak away and watch it...

Dog_e_styl
10-21-2013, 08:40 PM
If both lagrange and Yoakum take care of business this Friday, next Fridays game at Bulldog Stadium, should be a nice one, between a couple 3-0 teams in D26.

But, neither have easy opponents this Friday. LG got spanked last year by Giddings, when they were much more talented than Giddings, and Yoakum got hammered by GZ, for a second time in a row.

87 TIGER
10-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Rockdale vs navasota. Dist title on the line.

Pudlugger
10-21-2013, 09:57 PM
If both lagrange and Yoakum take care of business this Friday, next Fridays game at Bulldog Stadium, should be a nice one, between a couple 3-0 teams in D26.

But, neither have easy opponents this Friday. LG got spanked last year by Giddings, when they were much more talented than Giddings, and Yoakum got hammered by GZ, for a second time in a row.

Wrong LG beat Giddings 31-0 last year, hardly a "spanking". Check the record. LG will beat Giddings again this Friday at home.

The LG @ Yoakum game will be huge for district championship.

Old Tiger
10-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Rockdale vs navasota. Dist title on the line.

No, going to be a route.

easttexas3a
10-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Palestine hosts Fairfield to end the year.

Was a one point game last year.

Palestine had a bad loss to Chapel Hill and a close loss to Athens. Both of those occurred with 6 starters out. This past week when playing Rusk was the first time since week 2 that Palestine was injury free. IF they go into the Fairfield game healthy.....get ready for upset city

regaleagle
10-21-2013, 10:38 PM
How in the world do some of these teams suffer 6 starters out so early in the season? That's a ton for anytime of the year, but all at once and in Week 1 or 2??? How does that happen? I can understand 2 or 3 out in midseason or even 4 toward the end....if some were season-ending. But 6 out early all at once....crazy!

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Wrong LG beat Giddings 31-0 last year, hardly a "spanking". Check the record. LG will beat Giddings again this Friday at home.

The LG @ Yoakum game will be huge for district championship.

True, my bad LG. Read a prediction score from an old thread of that game Pud.

D'Highlander
10-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Aledo vs FWISD

Celina8
10-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Don't think Argyle - Celina game will be all that!

I agree with this statement as Argyle just has to many weapons. The game will be pretty much like it was last year and over with by Half with Argyle having at least a 21 point lead or more. Nothing against my Bobcats just Argyle is just that good this year.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2013, 08:37 AM
D30

Ingleside-Orange Grove

:iagree:

WhartonTigers
10-22-2013, 08:45 AM
The way D25 is going every game is the best lol

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Pick any District game (except the one with West) on any week in Distirct 17.

easttexas3a
10-22-2013, 02:01 PM
How in the world do some of these teams suffer 6 starters out so early in the season? That's a ton for anytime of the year, but all at once and in Week 1 or 2??? How does that happen? I can understand 2 or 3 out in midseason or even 4 toward the end....if some were season-ending. But 6 out early all at once....crazy!

Palestine lost 2 during the Jacksonville game. Those 2 were out with ankle/knee injuries until district started, so 4-5 week injuries.

Then during the Kaufman game they lost 4, all of them were shoulder or concussion related injuries and were out until district.

Honestly I think some of them could of come back for Chapel Hill and Athens....but would not have been 100%. At the end of the day, the district games are what matters.

hollywood
10-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Aledo vs FWISD

:doh: :spitlol:

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 02:25 PM

You got the spanked right but it was LG doing the spanking, 31-0.

Halup
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Don't laugh but Monahans at Big Spring will be a good one! May have to sneak away and watch it...

Sit on the visitors side and we will designate you as an honorary "gringo".

EagleEye
10-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Might even buy you a hot dog if you behave yourself. LOL

slingshot
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Might even buy you a hot dog if you behave yourself. LOLWith mustard, chili and diced onions? Seriously, I think this will be a great game. If it was in Monahans and ya'll summoned the 40 mph north wind and blowing dirt on command at the start of game then Loboes by 3 TD's. Since it's in Big Spring I'll rate it as a toss-up. Big Spring has good size and speed (as always) and this year they have a different attitude--Coach Ritchie is doing a very good job. They are a tough out. Monahans has more discipline and better technique blocking and tackling (as always). Coach Owens is doing a great job too (as always). Big Spring QB is a LOT better this year. He and Graham's are the best we've seen...

Halup
10-23-2013, 01:09 PM
If it was in Monahans and ya'll summoned the 40 mph north wind and blowing dirt on command at the start of game then Loboes by 3 TD's. ...

We only summon those "Lobo Typhoons" when a superior opponent is coming to town. It sorta evens out the odds.

EagleEye
10-24-2013, 09:26 AM
We are fair though. Did you notice how we stopped the wind when we had the ball? My bad I guess Coach Owens forgot to do that. LOL

slingshot
10-24-2013, 05:18 PM
We are fair though. Did you notice how we stopped the wind when we had the ball? My bad I guess Coach Owens forgot to do that. LOLNah--ya'll had to contend with the wind too... just figured your kids were used to it since they have to play/practice in it every day!
Monahans will be a tough cookie come playoff time. They always are. You will have to physically overwhelm them. They will not beat themselves... That being said, they will probably not be able to hang with someone like Argyle for 4 quarters. They may very likely be able to sneak up and beat someone like Graham who is more of a finesse passing team by playing hard-nosed defense and running the ball to eat clock.