PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 D1 GOTW: Stephenville (8-1) vs. Brownwood (4-6)

Pages : [1] 2

hollywood
10-21-2013, 10:29 AM
So let's look into this possible first round match up.

We know there is still 3 week left in district play. After this weeks games, we should know a little more of how Dist 8 is going to shape up. How would the standings end if these scenarios were to happen this week?

Burnet beats LH
Llano beats Gatesville
Brownwood beats Lampasas

This would leave a 4 way tie for 1st

Burnet 2-1
Liberty Hill 2-1
Brownwood 2-1
Llano 2-1
Gatesville 1-2
Lampasas 0-3

Brownwood D1 R and Burnet D1 W?

Lets say this happens.

LH beats Burnet
Llano beats Gatesville
Brownwood beats Lampasas

Liberty Hill 3-0
Brownwood 2-1
Llano 2-1
Burnet 1-2
Gatesville 1-2
Lampasas 0-3

Then I would think Brownwood would be D1 W and Burnet D1 R.

We need this rival to continue!

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/10/16/20101016-025021-pic-247791664_t607.jpg

http://www.jeffreykedwards.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/yellowjackets1.jpg

bwdlionfan
10-21-2013, 10:58 AM
If there ends up being a 3 way tie for first at the end between Burnet, LH, and Bwd then I believe since Bwd and Burnet would enter D1, the 3way tie would be thrown out and the head to head results between Bwd and Burnet would be used for seeding. The only way I can see the 3 way tie affecting the outcome would be if the point differential is used in determining seeds, but like I said, since LH would be sent to D2, I think the points are thrown out and head to head would be the decider. Does anyone know for sure how District 8 determines seedings in a tie?

bwdlionfan
10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
If there ends up being a 3 way tie for first at the end between Burnet, LH, and Bwd then I believe since Bwd and Burnet would enter D1, the 3way tie would be thrown out and the head to head results between Bwd and Burnet would be used for seeding. The only way I can see the 3 way tie affecting the outcome would be if the point differential is used in determining seeds, but like I said, since LH would be sent to D2, I think the points are thrown out and head to head would be the decider. Does anyone know for sure how District 8 determines seedings in a tie?

Actually, I just found this from the UIL website regarding ties:

(D) For football, if the tie involves teams that will advance into different playoff brackets (i.e., Division I, Division
II), the teams shall be separated by division prior to implementing tie breaking procedures.

hollywood
10-21-2013, 11:05 AM

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Just didn't know how Dist 8 determined the standings at the end if it came down to this. But if Burnet ends up finishing ahead of Brownwood in the district standings, I would think they would be the "W" going into D1 for the playoffs. Same if Brownwood finishes ahead of Burnet in the final district standing, they would be the "W" going into D1 for the playoffs.

Would anyone clarify this?

hollywood
10-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Anyone have any insight on how the teams will be seeded going into the playoffs?

Let's hear your best guess.

What's the rule?

Sville
10-22-2013, 02:39 PM
If Bwood and Burnet are the D1 reps out of 8 then Burnet would need to finish with a better district record than Bwood to advance as the #1 seed for 8-3A D1. If they finish tied then Bwood is the #1 seed b/c they own the head to head tie breaker.

Smitty
10-22-2013, 06:37 PM
If Bwood and Burnet are the D1 reps out of 8 then Burnet would need to finish with a better district record than Bwood to advance as the #1 seed for 8-3A D1. If they finish tied then Bwood is the #1 seed b/c they own the head to head tie breaker.

So, Burnet has to win out and BW needs a loss for BW to play the Jackets ?

Bosqueville
10-22-2013, 06:46 PM
So, Burnet has to win out and BW needs a loss for BW to play the Jackets ?

Yes you are correct.

Matthew328
10-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Each district has their own procedure regarding breaking three way ties..

BEAST
10-22-2013, 08:26 PM

^
This.

BEAST

cookiemonster
10-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Just checked the UIL Web site for the ruling! If you read it carefully it says that the UIL ruling will only be used if the district doesn't have anything in place regarding tie breakers. Since District 8 has already established its rule for breaking ties its own tie breaker system will be used! Basically if Burnet beats LH by more than 11 they will be the District Champ and represent D1 as the Winner!

bwdlionfan
10-22-2013, 08:43 PM
What's the cap on points for 8-3A?

cookiemonster
10-22-2013, 08:49 PM
I think its 17!

vtskneb
10-22-2013, 09:59 PM
It wouldn't be much of a game this year between Stephenville and Brownwood. I don't think the lions will be playing that late in the playoffs. Maybe something will work out next year :)

toddg
10-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Come on Hollywood.. You really don't want to sit on the Stephenville side if this game took place.. Do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

hollywood
10-25-2013, 11:26 PM
District 8 standings after 10/25

LH beats Burnet 14-7
Llano beats Gatesville 37-25
Lampasas beats Brownwood 61-56

Liberty Hill 3-0
Llano 2-1
Brownwood 1-2
Burnet 1-2
Gatesville 1-2
Lampasas 1-2

This could get interesting

LHPfactory
10-25-2013, 11:33 PM
District 8 standings after 10/25

LH beats Burnet 14-7
Llano beats Gatesville 37-25
Lampasas beats Brownwood 61-56

Liberty Hill 3-0
Llano 2-1
Brownwood 1-2
Burnet 1-2
Gatesville 1-2
Lampasas 1-2

This could get interesting

lotta 1-2 teams:

Lampasas has LH and Burnet Left on the Schedule, that's a tough spot to be in.

Llano has Brownwood and Burnet Left, that will be tuff.

I think its Gonna Be:

LH
Burnet
Llano
Lampasas or Brownwood

hollywood
10-25-2013, 11:57 PM
District 7 standings after 10/25

Stephenville beats Venus 55-6
Alvarado beats Glen Rose 34-15
Hillsboro bye

Stephenville 3-0
Alvarado 2-1
Hillsboro 1-1
Venus 0-2
Glen Rose 0-2

Next weeks games 11/1
Stephenville vs Hillsboro
Glen Rose vs Venus
Alvarado bye

Following weeks games 11/8
Alvarado vs Venus
Glen Rose vs Hillsboro
Stephenville bye

I think it will be:
Stephenville DI W
Alvarado DI R
Hillsboro DII W
Venus DII R

Smitty
10-26-2013, 12:03 AM

Hillsboro bye

Stephenville 3-0
Alvarado 2-1
Hillsboro 1-1
Venus 1-1
Glen Rose 0-2

Next weeks games 11/1
Glen Rose vs Venus
Alvarado bye

Alvarado vs Venus
Glen Rose vs Hillsboro
Stephenville bye

I think it will be:
Stephenville DI W
Alvarado DI R
Hillsboro DII W
Venus DII R

So, you are predicting Venus will beat Glen Rose next week? Venus will have to beat GR or Alvarado for Venus to be the DII R.

Ville-D
10-26-2013, 12:06 AM

Hillsboro bye

Stephenville 3-0
Alvarado 2-1
Hillsboro 1-1
Venus 1-1
Glen Rose 0-2

Next weeks games 11/1
Glen Rose vs Venus
Alvarado bye

Alvarado vs Venus
Glen Rose vs Hillsboro
Stephenville bye

I think it will be:
Stephenville DI W
Alvarado DI R
Hillsboro DII W
Venus DII R

Venus is 0-2 after tonight

hollywood
10-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Venus is 0-2 after tonight

Fixed it! It's late lol

Ville-D
10-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Fixed it! It's late lol

And you have futbol tomorrow...

hollywood
10-26-2013, 06:40 AM
And you have futbol tomorrow...

Yep, I was out just minutes after that! Lol

Futbol this morning in Arlington. We ready!

D'Highlander
10-29-2013, 06:22 AM
where would they play this game? Flip for home?

GrTigers6
10-29-2013, 06:27 AM
So, you are predicting Venus will beat Glen Rose next week? Venus will have to beat GR or Alvarado for Venus to be the DII R.

Actually Venus has to beat Hillsboro to be DII R. I predict it will be
Stephenville DI W
Alvarado DI R
Glen Rose DII W
Venus DII R

EDIT Sorry I didn't know that Venus lost to Hillsboro. That changes everything.
That would put Hillsboro as the DII R

D'Highlander
10-29-2013, 06:32 AM
nvm...

GrTigers6
10-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Hillsboro beat Venus on the 18th... 28-0

Yeah just saw that and fixed it:doh:

bwdlionfan
10-29-2013, 08:41 AM
where would they play this game? Flip for home?

Comanche

D'Highlander
10-29-2013, 08:45 AM
that would make for a neat atmosphere... but no... I think it is flip for home or Abilene right?

hollywood
10-29-2013, 09:00 AM
It could still happen but Brownwood is going to have to get it together the next 2 weeks. Brownwood has Gatesville and Llano next in that order... both beat Lampasas who beat Brownwood and hung 61 points! :eek: And all are fighting for a playoff spot.

I don't think they will flip home and home.. for some reason, Stephenville didn't want to play Abilene Wylie in Brownwood last season (sour memories of the thrashings the Wood gave the Ville over the years I suppose). Maybe Waco, Mineral Wells? Abilene could be an option. Maybe they would each chose a home site and filp for those... Brownwood being Abilene and Stephenville being Mineral Wells. Could surprise everyone and flip home and home. Would be best for Brownwood to win a home flip.. they wouldn't have to waste the $ on travel. It wouldn't be much of a game this season anyway.

D'Highlander
10-29-2013, 09:13 AM
It could still happen but Brownwood is going to have to get it together the next 2 weeks. Brownwood has Gatesville and Llano next in that order... both beat Lampasas who beat Brownwood and hung 61 points! :eek: And all are fighting for a playoff spot.

I don't think they will flip home and home.. for some reason, Stephenville didn't want to play Abilene Wylie in Brownwood last season (sour memories of the thrashings the Wood gave the Ville over the years I suppose). Maybe Waco, Mineral Wells? Abilene could be an option. Maybe they would each chose a home site and filp for those... Brownwood being Abilene and Stephenville being Mineral Wells. Could surprise everyone and flip home and home. Would be best for Brownwood to win a home flip.. they wouldn't have to waste the $ on travel. It wouldn't be much of a game this season anyway.

Stephenville shouldn't be afraid to play Brownwood at Brownwood this year... but bwood probably wouldn't want to chance playing ville at ville. And I thought it was kind of chicken shite to not play the AW game at Brownwood last year. But I don't know all the details to that so don't take any offence to my comment.

hollywood
10-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Stephenville shouldn't be afraid to play Brownwood at Brownwood this year... but bwood probably wouldn't want to chance playing ville at ville. And I thought it was kind of chicken shite to not play the AW game at Brownwood last year. But I don't know all the details to that so don't take any offence to my comment.

I agree.

jason
10-29-2013, 09:22 AM
It's not like brownwood is a tough place to play.
Unless by tough you mean the annoying, cracking sound system they blast before the game, the 'intimidating' pre-game video they make you watch, or all the little kids running around all over the place....

hollywood
10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Unless by tough you mean the annoying, cracking sound system they blast before the game, the 'intimidating' pre-game video they make you watch, or all the little kids running around all over the place....

Have you had your first cup of coffee this morning?

jason
10-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Have you had your first cup of coffee this morning?
i need a beer

hollywood
10-29-2013, 09:37 AM
i need a beer

Lol, already? Never too early! Beer is good.

ahs_indian_fan
10-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Actually Venus has to beat Hillsboro to be DII R. I predict it will be
Stephenville DI W
Alvarado DI R
Glen Rose DII W
Venus DII R

EDIT Sorry I didn't know that Venus lost to Hillsboro. That changes everything.
That would put Hillsboro as the DII R

Hillsboro DII W
Glen Rose DII R

Just typing (Hillsboro DII W) felt weird ...

D'Highlander
10-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Hillsboro DII W
Glen Rose DII R

Just typing (Hillsboro DII W) felt weird ...

so you have Venus losing to GR Friday? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around.

ahs_indian_fan
10-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Yep - Glen Rose will beat Venus (haivng RB could have changed my mind) but Hillsboro will beat Glen Rose thus making Hillsboro DII W and Glen Rose DII R

GrTigers6
10-29-2013, 10:16 AM
so you have Venus losing to GR Friday? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around.

Yeah we have lost a lot of people but I believe the majority of them will be back if not already. Who knows though anything can happen

GrTigers6
10-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Im pretty sure Glen Rose will beat Venus and Hillsboro and be the number 1 seed. If they are healthy. if not than anything goes

toddg
10-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Hillsboro has some athletes.. If they get the ball in space, watch out!

GrTigers6
10-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Hillsboro has some athletes.. If they get the ball in space, watch out!

They always have. They just couldn't ever get any help. lol Im glad it will be a better game than it has been recently

Smitty
10-29-2013, 01:13 PM

Venus lost thier starting RB against the Jackets, if it was not for that I would pick them to win.

ahs_indian_fan
10-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Venus lost thier starting RB against the Jackets, if it was not for that I would pick them to win.

Could be wrong, but I believe they lost their first starting running back two or three weeks before that. They are down to No. 3 now.

BwdLion73
10-29-2013, 04:29 PM

I agree on the sound system...but I bought a lotto ticket today so I'm hopeful that I can fix that.

full circle
10-29-2013, 08:41 PM
no pregame video anymore, welcome to the jungle is an awesome entrance for the players and the little kids running around are the ones that will be whipping your arse in the near future

Matthew328
10-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Just play it at Comanche's stadium...big time facility there..lol

hollywood
10-29-2013, 10:24 PM
no pregame video anymore, welcome to the jungle is an awesome entrance for the players and the little kids running around are the ones that will be whipping your arse in the near future

Where've you been full circle? Welcome back!

D'Highlander
10-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Just play it at Comanche's stadium...big time facility there..lol

Looks like they are playing it at Dublin.... o wait... that's Volleyball

hollywood
10-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Looks like they are playing it at Dublin.... o wait... that's Volleyball

:fnypost:

bwdlionfan
11-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Here is the updated scenario following tonight's games.

If Brownwood beats Llano next week then the winner of Burnet/Lampasas plays Stephenville and Brownwood plays Alvarado

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Burnet beats Lampasas then Burnet plays Alvarado and Brownwood plays Stephenville

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Lampasas beats Burnet then it will be a 3 way tie between Brownwood, Burnet, and Lampasas. Brownwood and Lampasas would have both beat Burnet. Lampasas would play Alvarado and Brownwood would play Stephenville. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

garciap77
11-01-2013, 11:22 PM
So let's look into this possible first round match up.

We know there is still 3 week left in district play. After this weeks games, we should know a little more of how Dist 8 is going to shape up. How would the standings end if these scenarios were to happen this week?

Burnet beats LH
Llano beats Gatesville
Brownwood beats Lampasas

This would leave a 4 way tie for 1st

Burnet 2-1
Liberty Hill 2-1
Brownwood 2-1
Llano 2-1
Gatesville 1-2
Lampasas 0-3

Brownwood D1 R and Burnet D1 W?

Lets say this happens.

LH beats Burnet
Llano beats Gatesville
Brownwood beats Lampasas

Liberty Hill 3-0
Brownwood 2-1
Llano 2-1
Burnet 1-2
Gatesville 1-2
Lampasas 0-3

Then I would think Brownwood would be D1 W and Burnet D1 R.

We need this rival to continue!

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/10/16/20101016-025021-pic-247791664_t607.jpg

Nice pics! Are you still living in Early?:D

hollywood
11-01-2013, 11:25 PM
District 8 standings after 11/1

LH beat Lampasas 28-6
Brownwood beat Gatesville 69-33
Burnet beat Llano 35-14

Liberty Hill 4-0
Brownwood 2-2
Burnet 2-2
Llano 2-2
Gatesville 1-3
Lampasas 1-3

Next weeks match ups

Brownwood @ Llano
Burnet @ Lampasas
Liberty Hill @ Gatesville

This still could get interesting

hollywood
11-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Nice pics! Are you still living in Early?:D

Haven't lived there in 28 years!! :taunt: Couldn't stand that gaud awful purple and golden combo! :crazy1::ack!:

toddg
11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
District 8 standings after 11/1

LH beat Lampasas 28-6
Brownwood beat Gatesville 69-33
Burnet beat Llano 35-14

Liberty Hill 4-0
Brownwood 2-2
Burnet 2-2
Llano 2-2
Gatesville 1-3
Lampasas 1-3

Next weeks match ups

Brownwood @ Llano
Burnet @ Lampasas
Liberty Hill @ Gatesville

This still could get interestingtheres your winners next week..standings will remain the same..

hollywood
11-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Here is the updated scenario following tonight's games.

If Brownwood beats Llano next week then the winner of Burnet/Lampasas plays Stephenville and Brownwood plays Alvarado

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Burnet beats Lampasas then Burnet plays Alvarado and Brownwood plays Stephenville

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Lampasas beats Burnet then it will be a 3 way tie between Brownwood, Burnet, and Lampasas. Brownwood and Lampasas would have both beat Burnet. Lampasas would play Alvarado and Brownwood would play Stephenville. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good stuff lionfan!

hollywood
11-01-2013, 11:36 PM
theres your winners next week..standings will remain the same..

I think it's most probable, but don't get too quick on the draw toddg. Lampasas will be pulling out everything at home for a playoff spot. As will Llano being at home also. Good district battles next week! Can't wait. Guess Stephenville will have scouts at both Burnet and Brownwood games. ;)

Ville-D
11-01-2013, 11:43 PM
I think it's most probable, but don't get too quick on the draw toddg. Lampasas will be pulling out everything at home for a playoff spot. As will Llano being at home also. Good district battles next week! Can't wait. Guess Stephenville will have scouts at both Burnet and Brownwood games. ;)

No reason to waste the gas... :wave: :stirpot: :tongue:

hollywood
11-01-2013, 11:47 PM

:eek: :1popcorn:

Yeah, I'll be road trippin to Kilgore next Friday! Showdown in K-town! Too bad you won't get to go brotha. I'll try to save you some ribs. Country Tavern has some of the best.

toddg
11-01-2013, 11:56 PM

Yeah, I'll be road trippin to Kilgore next Friday! Showdown in K-town! Too bad you won't get to go brotha. I'll try to save you some ribs. Country Tavern has some of the best.

ill be in venus...they have a whataburger and a sonic...hmmm...decisions, decisions...but hey! the Freshman Indians are District champs!!

hollywood
11-02-2013, 12:00 AM
ill be in venus...they have a whataburger and a sonic...hmmm...decisions, decisions...but hey! the Freshman Indians are District champs!!

LOL, yes they do. I've been to the Whataburger. And the oil and lube place next door. They wouldn't change my buddies tire on a trip to Dallas we took a while back. Said they don't work on Porches. Snobs!

Congrats on the DC for the freshman!

toddg
11-02-2013, 12:57 AM
LOL, yes they do. I've been to the Whataburger. And the oil and lube place next door. They wouldn't change my buddies tire on a trip to Dallas we took a while back. Said they don't work on Porches. Snobs!

Congrats on the DC for the freshman!

Should have took it to the Venus discount auto parts on the square.. My best friend from high school( graduated with me at Alvarado HS).. Owns it and he would have fixed you right up!! He has a mechanic on duty!!

bwdlionfan
11-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Late last night I typed this up, see my edit below:

EDIT-- I think there is actually still a chance Bwd goes D2. I believe that if Bwood were to beat Llano, LH beats Gatesville, and Lampasas beats Burnet it would leave the following standings:

LH 5-0
BWD 3-2
Lampasas, Llano and Burnet 2-3
Gville 1-4

Right now Llano is -16 on points in a 3 way tie (+1 for win over Lampasas and someone said the district cap is 17 so -17 for the 21 point loss to Burnet).
Burnet is +17
Lampasas is -1
A Lampasas victory by any margin in this scenario would send Lampasas and Burnet to the playoffs as the two D1 reps.

Someone look over all of this. Too many scenarios

Ville-D
11-03-2013, 12:02 AM

I wish I could go, but I'll be in San Diego. :foul:

hollywood
11-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Late last night I typed this up, see my edit below:

EDIT-- I think there is actually still a chance Bwd goes D2. I believe that if Bwood were to beat Llano, LH beats Gatesville, and Lampasas beats Burnet it would leave the following standings:

LH 5-0
BWD 3-2
Lampasas, Llano and Burnet 2-3
Gville 1-4

Right now Llano is -16 on points in a 3 way tie (+1 for win over Lampasas and someone said the district cap is 17 so -17 for the 21 point loss to Burnet).
Burnet is +17
Lampasas is -1
A Lampasas victory by any margin in this scenario would send Lampasas and Burnet to the playoffs as the two D1 reps.

Someone look over all of this. Too many scenarios

Friday will be here before we know it.

Apprently Stephenville has already worked out the playoff sites...

Waco ISD on Friday if it's Burnet
Flip for Mineral Wells or Shotwell if it's Brownwood

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Friday will be here before we know it.

Apprently Stephenville has already worked out the playoff sites...

Waco ISD on Friday if it's Burnet
Flip for Mineral Wells or Shotwell if it's Brownwood

So I am guessing Stephenville picked the MW site and Bwood picked Shotwell? Classy Stephenville... make them drive thru your town and then keep driving an for another hour... :ack!:

GrTigers6
11-04-2013, 10:14 AM
So I am guessing Stephenville picked the MW site and Bwood picked Shotwell? Classy Stephenville... make them drive thru your town and then keep driving an for another hour... :ack!:

You don't have to go thru Stephenville to get to mineral wells from Brownwood. You can go up 183 to cisco and down I20 which is probably the way the majority would go

hollywood
11-04-2013, 10:16 AM

LOL!! Yeah, a flip for home and home would be better IMO

hollywood
11-04-2013, 10:18 AM
You don't have to go thru Stephenville to get to mineral wells from Brownwood. You can go up 183 to cisco and down I20 which is probably the way the majority would go

Yeah, it's only about 10 miles further, but probably faster that way. They miss the traffic jams in Dublin that route as well!

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 10:31 AM

you are probably right.

281 north of I-20 will be nasty...

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
LOL!! Yeah, a flip for home and home would be better IMO

flip for home makes so much sense here... it would cut travel time in half for the visitor and take it completely away for the home team.

vtskneb
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
And bring a bigger take either way. Stephenville fans, have shown they don't travel that great for long distances. Of course, driving to Brownwood and Abilene really isn't that much difference time wise. About a 15-20 minute difference.

Ville-D
11-04-2013, 10:49 AM
I say we play either game in South Lake... I have to be there first thing Saturday for TAAF State Flag Football for my oldest boy.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 10:50 AM
And bring a bigger take either way. Stephenville fans, have shown they don't travel that great for long distances. Of course, driving to Brownwood and Abilene really isn't that much difference time wise. About a 15-20 minute difference.

60 miles to Brownwood and about 85 miles to Shotwell. Drive to Abilene seems double what it is to Brownwood. I hate that drive to Abilene from Stephenville. :ack!:

ccmom
11-04-2013, 10:52 AM
60 miles to Brownwood and about 85 miles to Shotwell. Drive to Abilene seems double what it is to Brownwood. I hate that drive to Abilene from Stephenville. :ack!:

Are you really complaining about an 85 mile roadtrip? :rolleyes: My oh my, you are becoming a whiny old geezer!!! ;)

hollywood
11-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Are you really complaining about an 85 mile roadtrip? :rolleyes: My oh my, you are becoming a whiny old geezer!!! ;)

Touché little missy! :taunt: It is relative.

slingshot
11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
85 miles one way will be a hop, skip and a jump for us next year... 200+ will be the norm.

refereedoc
11-04-2013, 11:56 AM

C'mon Man! You are driving to Gilmer this week. LOL

hollywood
11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
C'mon Man! You are driving to Gilmer this week. LOL

LOL... actually Kilgore. But close! It's not the distance as much as it is the drive! Anything west of Cisco or Brownwood... :ack!: Once in Abilene, it's not all that bad. Or, once in Midland, it's not all that bad. Just getting there.

Now the drive to Kilgore isn't going to be too bad. I've been out that way several times. Where there are trees, it helps. Unless you get stranded... then :eek:

GrTigers6
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM

Becoming? :D:p

hollywood
11-04-2013, 09:17 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Ville-D
11-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Looks like it might happen...

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

bwdlionfan
11-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Looks like it might happen...

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Brownwood just threw our 3rd INT of the season at a very bad time to throw it.

Unless something very crazy happens it looks like Brownwood vs Stephenville next Friday at 7:30 at Belton High School

Ville-D
11-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Dallas is not too happy on the radio broadcast. He needs to be more positive.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

bwdlionfan
11-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Dallas is not too happy on the radio broadcast. He needs to be more positive.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

He's had a looooooong season

bwdlionfan
11-08-2013, 11:35 PM
It's official

Brownwood vs Stephenville next Friday in Belton. First ever playoff meeting between the two.

Ville-D
11-09-2013, 12:08 AM
I vote this R1 D1 GOTW.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Bosqueville
11-09-2013, 12:49 AM
I vote this R1 D1 GOTW.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

One word... Ugly.

hollywood
11-09-2013, 04:56 AM
Must be fate.

Domm, Dom Dom , Dommm.... Dommmmmm!

Woo wee, can't believe it! Of all the scenarios that could have happened, happened. Here we go, it's playoff time! First meeting ever between these two in the playoffs. District 7 vs District 8. With 12 State Championships between both programs who were won by only 3 different coaches who instilled the values of true championship cultures, wow, what a way to start the playoffs with a bang!

toddg
11-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Must be fate.

Domm, Dom Dom , Dommm.... Dommmmmm!

Woo wee, can't believe it! Of all the scenarios that could have happened, happened. Here we go, it's playoff time! First meeting ever between these two in the playoffs. District 7 vs District 8. With 12 State Championships between both programs who were won by only 3 different coaches who instilled the values of true championship cultures, wow, what a way to start the playoffs with a bang!

:sleeping:.......too bad Argyle went D2...that would have been an epic semi final game...the jackets got a smooth road to the final. it appears..

defense51
11-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Should be a great atmosphere, but I'm afraid Brownwood is gonna need an EpiPen after this game.

bwdlionfan
11-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Should be a great atmosphere, but I'm afraid Brownwood is gonna need an EpiPen after this game.

I was thinking a defibrillator

vtskneb
11-09-2013, 01:26 PM
I was thinking a defibrillator

Boots is reporting on SYJ.com that the game is now moved to Abilene's Shotwell Stadium

hollywood
11-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Yes, game Friday in Abilene at Shotwell Stadium @ 7:30. Stephenville is home team.

Curious at what the attendance will be. I think just because it's Stephenville/Brownwood, it will draw pretty well. We'll see

Sville
11-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Burn the Wood!!!

hollywood
11-09-2013, 01:39 PM
:sleeping:.......too bad Argyle went D2...that would have been an epic semi final game...the jackets got a smooth road to the final. it appears..

Yes, I agree! Being an optimist and all. Lol

I haven't seen Argyle, but my opinion on Kilgore was that they would struggle against a team as in Argyle or Stephenville. Both have proven they can contain solid run oriented teams and cause havoc offensively against very solid teams with good defenses.

hollywood
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Burn the Wood!!!

LOL.. Sorry, I just can't say that.

toddg
11-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Burn the Wood!!!

...coming from a Fireman no less...!
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/smokey.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Bosqueville
11-09-2013, 05:11 PM
If there's more than 500 Bwd fans I'll be shocked.

hollywood
11-09-2013, 10:04 PM
If there's more than 500 Bwd fans I'll be shocked.

Well, now that it's been moved to Abilene, I think it will help.

Stephenville will be there! :cheerl:

Looking4number8
11-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Love my lions but our defense has struggled this year (thats putting it kindly) I'm afraid it is going to be a unpleasant night for my Lions.....

regardless... GO LIONS!!!

and just for fun, cricketville sucks!

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Friday 7:30pm Shotwell Stadium, Abilene

Has Brownwood been playing possum?

toddg
11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Friday 7:30pm Shotwell Stadium, Abilene

Has Brownwood been playing possum? ancient history is the only intrigue in this game...Stephenville still think its the 90s...news flash! it aint!!!

Tin Cup
11-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Why is this the game of the week?

hollywood
11-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Nostalgia alone makes this a game of the week.

The fact that these are two of the top programs in Texas high school football history makes this a game of the week.

The fact that these two programs have never faced each other in the playoffs makes this a game of the week.

The fact that both programs have a combined 12 states championships makes this a game of the week.

That's why.

refereedoc
11-10-2013, 09:25 PM

The fact that these are two of the top programs in Texas high school football history makes this a game of the week.

The fact that these two programs have never faced each other in the playoffs makes this a game of the week.

The fact that both programs have a combined 12 states championships makes this a game of the week.

That's why.

Yea, what he said Jack!

toddg
11-10-2013, 09:34 PM

That's why.

ok Hollywood...im a nostalgia guy...i have shook the Great Coach Wood's hand.....im a big believer in tradition, and Brownwood's runs pretty darn deep in Texas HS football...when the Lions go down...i bet they go down fighting...that sir, is tradition..

BwdLion73
11-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't think this will be a game of the week...

We will destroy you...we have too many weapons...you have no idea what is coming...:wave:

BwdLion73
11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
ok Hollywood...im a nostalgia guy...i have shook the Great Coach Wood's hand.....im a big believer in tradition, and Brownwood's runs pretty darn deep in Texas HS football...when the Lions go down...i bet they go down fighting...that sir, is tradition..

I've got Licks...what we called them in the day from Coach Wood assit. on his orders...LOL :wave:

hollywood
11-10-2013, 09:45 PM

That's something toddg. Brownwood has been underdog's many times and won. They've overcame the unthinkable. They have enough tradition alone that can overcome any opponent. They have talent and if they can put it all together in one game, they could challenge anyone. Never overlook the Lions.

hollywood
11-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I've got Licks...what we called them in the day from Coach Wood assit. on his orders...LOL :wave:

I remember one time Coach Wood came to watch one of our practices when I was a soph. He drove his car right up to the practice field. He talked to Coach Allen for a few minutes then got back in his car and left throwing grass everywhere. We all just stood there in awe. Lol This was a couple of years after he retired.

BwdLion73
11-10-2013, 09:50 PM
That's something toddg. Brownwood has been underdog's many times and won. They've overcame the unthinkable. They have enough tradition alone that can overcome any opponent. They have talent and if they can put it all together in one game, they could challenge anyone. Never overlook the Lions.

Ok...your pushing your credibility a little too much. ;)

toddg
11-10-2013, 09:55 PM

LOL!! i was just a kiddo who wondered a little too far from great grandma's house in the summer of 75'...but getting licks from his orders...now that is an honor!!!:)

BwdLion73
11-10-2013, 10:29 PM
LOL!! i was just a kiddo who wondered a little too far from great grandma's house in the summer of 75'...but getting licks from his orders...now that is an honor!!!:)

I did'nt think so at the time...

refereedoc
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Where's Rocket with all this fun to be had?

BwdLion73
11-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Where's Rocket with all this fun to be had?

He and Black Magic are doing inventory at their pottery barn in New Mexico.

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2013, 12:20 AM

That's why.

You guys haven't played each other in the playoffs before in 4A? I'm surprised

2muchOffense
11-11-2013, 04:04 AM
1st time poster so first let me say hello. 2nd, I back the Jackets so sorry peeps,but another Stephenville faithful is among you. 3rd, can't comment on this years Lions team but I do know it will be electric on Friday. Throw all the stats, records, and what should happens out of the window for a rivalry game between these two storied programs. However, Ville wins 63-14.

D'Highlander
11-11-2013, 08:00 AM
The only way this should be GOTW is if Bwood wins... and that aint gonna happen... History is nice but this game only matters to the fans of each school...

texas_wildcat
11-11-2013, 09:11 AM
why is this game of the week. ville by 60

greendawg84
11-11-2013, 09:33 AM

I was thinking the same thing . This game is over in the 1st quarter .

panfan
11-11-2013, 09:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing . This game is over in the 1st quarter .

Yep - why is this the GOTW - Ville by as many as they want.

hollywood
11-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Remember, Stephenville hasn't played anyone... except for Aledo and Alvarado. ;)

Brownwood has had a much tougher schedule. Fort Worth All Saints, Graham, Abilene Wylie, Liberty Hill, etc.

:eek:

2muchOffense
11-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Agree with you 100%. The Jackets haven't been tested in a long while. It is a combination of a large collection of talent and a weak district schedule.

These Jackets have some serious star power. They also have some playoff inexperience in many key spots. I still think the talent will win out, but this could be a dangerous game if they don't put Bwood away early.

toddg
11-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Brownwood by 1 point ... The heartbreak will be felt for miles:)
Brownwood wins with a 2 point conversion using the Woodrow Wilson T formation!!!

hollywood
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Both Stephenville and Brownwood have solid signal callers at the helm of each teams offense.
Stephenville’s
Jarrett Stidham QB #1 (Jr)

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/18/218f9398-695b-5bdd-ad25-b125733ec142/52350e95d5e65.preview-300.jpg

Brownwood’s
Chris Keesee QB #12 (Sr)

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2013/10/19/1019BwoodvsLH0009_t607.JPG

Stephenville and Brownwood will each have freshman playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.
Stephenville’s
Kaegun Williams RB #24 (Fr)

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/ac/eac367e3-c602-586b-8258-5835ff302005/52350e9622fec.preview-300.jpg

Brownwood’s
Conner Howard WR #8 (Fr)

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2013/10/19/1019BwoodvsLH0127_t607.JPG

hollywood
11-11-2013, 12:04 PM

Obviously, 5 voters think Brownwood has a shot. ;)

2muchOffense
11-11-2013, 12:19 PM
A bit off topic, but Stidham has been offered by Clemson. Chad Morris is no Art Briles, but it's good to know he still has his eye on the Ville.

toddg
11-11-2013, 12:38 PM
A bit off topic, but Stidham has been offered by Clemson. Chad Morris is no Art Briles, but it's good to know he still has his eye on the Ville.

Chad Morris is an offensive genius

hollywood
11-11-2013, 12:39 PM

Well, I guess that makes 10 D1 offers now.

School Interest -- Offer
Baylor -- Yes
Kentucky -- Yes
Texas -- Yes
Texas A&M -- Yes
Arizona State -- Yes
Oklahoma State -- Yes
TCU -- Yes
Tennessee -- Yes
Texas Tech -- Yes
Clemson -- Yes
Alabama
Miami
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Oregon
Stanford
USC
Vanderbilt
Washington State

D'Highlander
11-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Chad Morris is an offensive genius

right... he proved it against Florida State :rolleyes:

plus, I bet he doesn't stay there for too much longer...

football crazy
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I know rumors are cheap but to stir the pot. Rumor is couple of starters and reserve for Jackets have been suspended this week for alcohol problem

hollywood
11-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Stephenville isn't taking Brownwood lightly. They are more focused than ever. Last week has been the best week of practice so far this season. They will be ready.

Deuce
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
I know rumors are cheap but to stir the pot. Rumor is couple of starters and reserve for Jackets have been suspended this week for alcohol problem

I doubt it will matter even if it is true.

hollywood
11-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Both Stephenville and Brownwood's QB's are mobile and can make the opposing defenses play both run and pass.

Stephenville's Jarrett Stidham #1

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/f1/5f17d17f-56fb-5c1b-8273-ce02c16042b8/524c93f007af0.preview-300.jpg

Brownwood's Chris Keesee #12

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2013/10/19/1019BwoodvsLH0551_t607.JPG

hollywood
11-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Both Stephenville and Brownwood have solid RB's to carry the rock.

Stephenville's Kaegun Williams #24

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/42/94253ea8-03e5-5eba-b237-a26ccc0e23b7/523e4abeb7554.preview-300.jpg

Brownwood's Braxton Kilgo #3

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2013/10/19/1019BwoodvsLH0114_t607.JPG

D'Highlander
11-11-2013, 04:12 PM

I doubt it will matter even if it is true.

To quote 'Step Brothers'

"Ssssoooooooo?????"

2muchOffense
11-11-2013, 04:48 PM
There are a numerous rumers going around regarding this incident. I have heard these players are suspended a week, others have said they have been kicked off the team. In 2010 Myles left the team after the Brownwood game and everyone thought the Jackets were finished. What happened instead? Edwards moved to tailback and Coverdale took over at safety. Both filled their roles nicely I might add and the Jackets went on a huge run ending with a tough loss to the eventual 4a champs Aledo. Regardless of what takes place with this, Coach G will have them ready to play and play well.

slingshot
11-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Suspect 'Ville will win in a runaway... would LOVE to see BWD win a squeaker! Can't believe I'm saying this--GO LOINS!

hollywood
11-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Suspect 'Ville will win in a runaway... would LOVE to see BWD win a squeaker! Can't believe I'm saying this--GO LOINS!

Still have a bad taste in your mouth? ;)

bearbear78
11-11-2013, 07:58 PM
This ones over before half...Jackets are just to dang good right now...I am not a fan but that doesnt change the obvious..jackets are that good and teams like that just dont lose early on to the under dogs..if it happens there will be a movie made for TV on it..64-16 ville

Sville
11-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Cody's Corner Week 11 (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1622.0)

slingshot
11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Still have a bad taste in your mouth? ;)No, not really--ya'll had the better team last year...

toddg
11-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Cody's Corner Week 11 (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1622.0) excellent job as usual Cody!

toddg
11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Beast must be at the deer lease

hollywood
11-12-2013, 05:49 PM

Turnovers could be the X factor in Lions’ quest to upset archrival Stephenville

By DERRICK STUCKLY BROWNWOOD BULLETIN derrick.stuckly@brownwoodbulletin.com Brownwood Bulletin
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 7:38 pm

The Brownwood Lions head into the playoffs allowing 43 points and 475 yards of total offense per game, and have given up no less than 30 points in any outing this season.

Scoring points, as of late, has not been a problem for the Brownwood Lions, who averaged 44 over their five district games. Preventing the opposition from doing so, however, has been an issue throughout the season. And with the Division I Region I-3A bi-district round of the playoffs set to commence Friday, holding the opposition in check is mandatory.

The Lions (4-6), making their fifth straight postseason appearance, face the defending state champion and fifth-ranked Stephenville Yellow Jackets (8-1) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Abilene’s Shotwell Stadium.

For the first time since the District 8-3A opener, the Lions held an opponent under 500 yards of total offense — surrendering 474 — but Llano still racked up 40 points in a two-point victory Friday that dropped Brownwood to the No. 2 seed in Division I.

Through 10 games, Brownwood is yielding an average of 43 points and 475 yards — 241 passing and 234 rushing — per contest. The Lions have allowed no fewer than 30 points in any game this season.

Stephenville is generating 46 points and 441 yards per game, and has scored no fewer than 41 points in each of its last seven outings.

Depth and injuries have been a hindrance to the Lions all season, as numerous players have been forced to play both ways for the majority of snaps in a game. Factor in the injury bug, which has feasted on the Lions at times this year, and several starters on defense are playing positions they weren’t expected to back in August.

While the defense has experienced its share of struggles, the Lions offense has shown it is more than capable of putting up a slew of points, as evidenced by the 10 touchdowns scored in a stretch of 30 minutes in Brownwood’s 69-33 victory over Gatesville. But the Lions also intercepted five Hornet passes to halt drives, then turned those takeaways into 35 points.

If the Lions aren’t able to slow down the Yellow Jackets, and few defenses have this season, then Brownwood must be able to force turnovers and capitalize with touchdowns.

Defense wins championships, and turnovers can offset potential weaknesses and bring an offensive juggernaut to its knees — another lesson Brownwood knows all too well.

The Lions finished minus-2 in turnover margin to both Lampasas and Llano, games they lost by five and two points, respectively.

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/sports/local_sports/article_8b6cbfe2-5585-5161-9786-54d769e6a9e0.html

defense51
11-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Where's all the Brownwood faithful? This thread might end up with Hollywood arguing with himself... :eek:

defense51
11-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Lone Star Gridiron shows 74 meetings between these two teams:
Brownwood winning 45, including 24 consecutive from 1963-1987
Stephenville winning 26
3 ties

hollywood
11-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Where's all the Brownwood faithful? This thread might end up with Hollywood arguing with himself... :eek:

:spitlol: Now defense51, that is pretty dang funny right there.

Hey, we'll see how faithful the Brownwood fans are Friday night! Just because the Lions are 4-6 and haven't been able to stop anyone this season, doesn't mean they can't put up some points. They do have a quality team that if they can put it all together for one game... look out. Stand by your team, man! Isn't that what BEAST was telling us. By mid season, Brownwood should be fine. Well, I think they are just finding their wheels this week. Remember the 2006 Lions?? Anyone? They had to flip to break a tie breaker to get into the playoffs at 4-6! Guess what... they made it to the quarter finals! Yeah, that's right. Casey Pachall was the QB and it was his Soph year. You never know.

hollywood
11-12-2013, 07:02 PM

Hey defense51, on second thought... guess I'll have to take ccmom's advise and be Jacketwood for a week. Play the game from both sides!

BrownWOOD! BrownWOOD! BrownWOOD!

BURN THE WOOD!!!

:vrycnfsd:

defense51
11-12-2013, 07:14 PM
:spitlol: Now defense51, that is pretty dang funny right there.

Hey, we'll see how faithful the Brownwood fans are Friday night! Just because the Lions are 4-6 and haven't been able to stop anyone this season, doesn't mean they can't put up some points. They do have a quality team that if they can put it all together for one game... look out. Stand by your team, man! Isn't that what BEAST was telling us. By mid season, Brownwood should be fine. Well, I think they are just finding their wheels this week. Remember the 2006 Lions?? Anyone? They had to flip to break a tie breaker to get into the playoffs at 4-6! Guess what... they made it to the quarter finals! Yeah, that's right. Casey Pachall was the QB and it was his Soph year. You never know.

There's always a chance, and you're right, the Lions can put up some points.

defense51
11-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Hollywood, how many of these games did you play in? And for the record what was the outcome?

Tin Cup
11-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Who do y'all think will win between Miami Ohio and Kent State....

hollywood
11-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Hollywood, how many of these games did you play in? And for the record what was the outcome?

Dang defense, going for the jugular! For the record, only lost 1 playing for the mighty maroon and white! Won the other 3! Freshman, Soph, Junior years.

defense51
11-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Stephenville:evilgrin:

Sville
11-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Lone Star Gridiron shows 74 meetings between these two teams:
Brownwood winning 45, including 24 consecutive from 1963-1987
Stephenville winning 26
3 ties

This Friday will be the 73rd meeting between the 2, Brownwood holds the series at 44-26-2

BwdLion73
11-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Sorry...stuck out on the East Coast for another week...bizness is booming...the good thing is I can catch Dallas Huston on the internet and start drinking Friday night. Wish I was there.:)

defense51
11-12-2013, 09:31 PM
This Friday will be the 73rd meeting between the 2, Brownwood holds the series at 44-26-2

Apparently LSG added a couple somewhere, I'll trust your count Sville.

hollywood
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Of those meetings, the past 2 1/2 decades (25 years), they have played each other 22 times only missing years 2006, 2007, and 2012. Since 1988, the year where Art Briles forever changed the culture here, the record is 15-6-1, Stephenville.

hollywood
11-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Sorry...stuck out on the East Coast for another week...bizness is booming...the good thing is I can catch Dallas Huston on the internet and start drinking Friday night. Wish I was there.:)

Glad to hear you're doing well 73! Doesn't get much better than Dallas Huston play by play.

2muchOffense
11-12-2013, 09:39 PM
The Jackets are monsters when coming out after a bye week. After the first bye week this year the offense looked like a well oiled machine and defensively they swarmed the ball and played nasty on defense. After the bye last year, the Jackets hit that high gear that made them unstoppable. I fully expect them to play their best game of the season this Friday.

defense51
11-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Dang defense, going for the jugular! For the record, only lost 1 playing for the mighty maroon and white! Won the other 3! Freshman, Soph, Junior years.

I was just trying to liven up this thread a little. :wave:

refereedoc
11-13-2013, 08:28 AM

Well since it is Senior night, I am having to go with the Golden Flashes of Kent State (2-8) as their rushing game(115 yds) appears to be much stronger than Miami (0-9) Ohio (78 yds) not be confused with the U. :vrycnfsd: I do think Stephenville can score on both of them. What a great game to have on TV on Wednesday!

defense51
11-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Well since it is Senior night, I am having to go with the Golden Flashes of Kent State (2-8) as their rushing game(115 yds) appears to be much stronger than Miami (0-9) Ohio (78 yds) not be confused with the U. :vrycnfsd: I do think Stephenville can score on both of them. What a great game to have on TV on Wednesday!

Refereedoc I agree, I think Stephenville could score on both teams. :thumbsup:

hollywood
11-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Brownwood Lions Suffer Disappointing Loss to Llano, Will Face Stephenville in Round 1 of Playoffs
Saturday, 09 November 2013 02:14. | Written by Lisa Tipton. | | |

Although picked to win Friday night’s game, the Brownwood Lions suffered a bitter 40-38 loss to the Llano Yellow Jackets. Instead of playing as the top seed of Division I 3-A against Alvarado, the Lions are the #2 seed in Division I and will face rival Stephenville in a first ever playoff battle between the two teams next Friday night at 7:30 p.m. in Abilene.

Brownwood Head Football Coach Chuck Howard stated that the loss was extremely disappointing to the team.

“We had our destiny in our hands. We didn’t execute when we needed to and we weren’t playing with a sense of urgency or passion,” stated Coach Howard. “Now we will face a very good Stephenville team. We have put ourselves in a hole.”

He explained that the team will get back to work Saturday morning focusing on Stephenville.

To win Friday night’s game, the Lions needed to get off to a fast start against Llano; however, many opportunities to score were foiled by missed tackles and penalties bringing back some big plays.

“Having a fast start, a sense of urgency and playing with passion” were some of the things Howard stated the Lions needed to have in order to have secured the win Friday night.

“We haven’t fired cylinders on both sides, and that has been biting us,” said Howard. “Tonight it really bit us.”

However, there was a bright side to tonight’s game as Braxton Kilgo rushed for a whopping 250 yards in 28 carries.

Howard explained that the team was upset and also disappointed in the way they played and now will face Stephenville next Friday night who are the 2012 state champions and are currently ranked in the top five teams in 3A this year.

Friday, November 15th the playoff game will kick off at 7:30 p.m. at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday. Lions fans are encouraged to attend the game and support the Lions as they enter their 5th straight year in the playoffs.

bwdlionfan
11-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Brownwood Lions Suffer Disappointing Loss to Llano, Will Face Stephenville in Round 1 of Playoffs
Saturday, 09 November 2013 02:14. | Written by Lisa Tipton. | | |

Although picked to win Friday night’s game, the Brownwood Lions suffered a bitter 40-38 loss to the Llano Yellow Jackets. Instead of playing as the top seed of Division I 3-A against Alvarado, the Lions are the #2 seed in Division I and will face rival Stephenville in a first ever playoff battle between the two teams next Friday night at 7:30 p.m. in Abilene.

Brownwood Head Football Coach Chuck Howard stated that the loss was extremely disappointing to the team.

“We had our destiny in our hands. We didn’t execute when we needed to and we weren’t playing with a sense of urgency or passion,” stated Coach Howard. “Now we will face a very good Stephenville team. We have put ourselves in a hole.”

He explained that the team will get back to work Saturday morning focusing on Stephenville.

To win Friday night’s game, the Lions needed to get off to a fast start against Llano; however, many opportunities to score were foiled by missed tackles and penalties bringing back some big plays.

“Having a fast start, a sense of urgency and playing with passion” were some of the things Howard stated the Lions needed to have in order to have secured the win Friday night.

“We haven’t fired cylinders on both sides, and that has been biting us,” said Howard. “Tonight it really bit us.”

However, there was a bright side to tonight’s game as Braxton Kilgo rushed for a whopping 250 yards in 28 carries.

Howard explained that the team was upset and also disappointed in the way they played and now will face Stephenville next Friday night who are the 2012 state champions and are currently ranked in the top five teams in 3A this year.

Friday, November 15th the playoff game will kick off at 7:30 p.m. at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday. Lions fans are encouraged to attend the game and support the Lions as they enter their 5th straight year in the playoffs.

Just a disclaimer on the above article, that is written by a free news site in town and is not written by professional writers. I just thought I should clear that up in case anyone was laughing at the lack of grammar or thought.

I especially like where the writer wrote "many opportunities to score were foiled by missed tackles"...... wouldn't a missed tackle help you score??

D'Highlander
11-13-2013, 01:14 PM
this was written as if they have given up on the season...

Cam
11-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Holy crap! What's goin' on over here?.....What am I missin'??....

hollywood
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Memories from past meetings of these two power houses

Jaxon Shipley
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/11/20100911-033248-pic-337192263_t607.jpg

Conner Washington
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/11/20100911-033248-pic-848192045_t607.jpg

Graylon Brown
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/11/20100911-033248-pic-671364767_t607.jpg

Aiavion Edwards
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/11/20100911-033248-pic-831186110_t607.jpg

Stehl Ratliff
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/11/20100911-033248-pic-565821256_t607.jpg

BullDawgDad
11-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Holy crap! What's goin' on over here?.....What am I missin'??....

Apparently a lot...I guess after Dave Tepper from Dave Campbell's predicts Stephenville bowing out to to Kilgore in the Semis. I guess they might wanna pack up their ball and go home. LOL. I can see Stephenville taking the championship again.

http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/GT3ADI.pdfhttp://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/GT3ADI.pdf

hollywood
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Apparently a lot...I guess after Dave Tepper from Dave Campbell's predicts Stephenville bowing out to to Kilgore in the Semis. I guess they might wanna pack up their ball and go home. LOL. I can see Stephenville taking the championship again.

http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/GT3ADI.pdfhttp://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/GT3ADI.pdf

My bracket looks very similar except for Stephenville beating Kilgore and Carthage beating Navasota. I have Stephenville beating Carthage in a knock down drag out of a game for the SC. Who knows, still a lot of football to be played! Anything can happen.

I've seen Kilgore vs Gilmer... neither would be able to stay within 2-3 TD's of Stephenville this season IMO. I wasn't impressed with the execution side of the game. At least from how they played last Friday. Sloppy sloppy sloppy

franz
11-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Boots is reporting on SYJ.com that the game is now moved to Abilene's Shotwell Stadium

I also heard that Sandifer's cousins are calling the game.

Bosqueville
11-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Two starters and one reserve for the Ville will be out for this game. Not due to injury.

jason
11-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Two starters and one reserve for the Ville will be out for this game. Not due to injury.
They're out for the season.

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/all_out_blitz/article_6e62533c-e94e-5409-828c-999a80de2795.html

Stephenville and Brownwood are taking the "Battle of 377" to a new level.
For the first time in the history of the longtime rivalry, the Yellow Jackets and Lions will meet in the state playoffs Friday. Kickoff in the 72nd battle of the series is set for 7:30 p.m. at Abilene's Shotwell Stadium.
"A great deal of the current kids, both from Stephenville and Brownwood, may not fully comprehend the history of it all, but the Stephenville and Brownwood faithful who have grown up and lived through it - the Mike Copelands and Joe Gillespies and Jeffrey Thompsons and Curtis Lowerys of the world - we certainly understand it," said Gillespie, Stephenville's sixth-year head coach who once played in the rivalry as a Yellow Jacket linebacker. "If you're a kid who grew up in Stephenville or Brownwood your whole life, you understand it to a degree even if you've never played in this game."

Gillespie, who was naming several of his assistants with pasts playing, coaching or both in the rivalry, said the hype surrounding the battle likely means more to the communities than to the teams involved.

"There's a lot of pride at stake, bragging rights I guess you'd say, with all the tradition and history of Stephenville and Brownwood, and it's strange through all the years that we're just now playing for the first time in the playoffs," he said. "It's the first time ever, so there is some new incentive there, and I think the communities will have fun with that.

"But for the teams on the field, it's a playoff game. Both teams are guaranteed this week of practice and the four quarters we'll play Friday night," Gillespie added. "Nothing is guaranteed beyond that, so what you'll see on the field is two teams playing to keep their season alive."

Stephenville (8-1), the fifth-ranked team in 3A and defending Division I champs, reached the game by winning the district title outright in District 7-3A. The Jackets outscored league foes 215-35. They didn't surrender a touchdown in the first half of any league game.

Brownwood (4-6) reached the bi-district matchup by claiming the second Division I seed out of District 8-3A. The Lions were in position to claim the first seed and meet Alvarado in the opening round, but fell to second when they dropped their regular-season finale to Llano, 40-38, last Friday.

The winner of Friday's playoff meets Springtown or Wichita Falls Hirschi in the area round next week.

The Jackets take a seven-game win streak into the postseason, and averaged 54.4 points during the streak. Their only loss came to 4A No. 1 Aledo on Sept. 6.

Stephenville is bolstered by the return of all-state defensive end Jonah Noah from a sprained MCL, as well as the return of receiver and defensive back Grayson Sweet from a broken wrist. Lineman Colby Stone is also back after suffering a hip pointer.

The Jackets also learned this week they will be without receiver Zach Jones, cornerback Brandon Stevens and reserve lineman Westyn Grimes for the duration of the playoffs due to a disciplinary situation away from football.

"Three young men made a very poor choice, and now they have to pay the consequences for a couple months," Gillespie said concerning the situation.

Stephenville is an impressive 15-4 under Gillespie in the playoffs. More impressive is their 20-2 mark in opening-round playoff games since 1990. The only season they missed the playoffs in that span was in 2003, and their only opening-round losses came in 2001 and 2004.

The last meeting between Stephenville and Brownwood came in 2011, with Stephenville winning by the rivalry's largest-ever margin, 66-0. The Jackets are 3-1 against the Lions under Gillespie, but have not played Brownwood the last two regular seasons.

Brownwood leads the all-time series 43-26-2, but Stephenville has won nine of the last 12 meetings. Brownwood last defeated the Yellow Jackets in 2010 by the count of 49-16.

the Ville 89
11-14-2013, 05:18 PM

This will not play a factor in the outcome of the game.

jason
11-14-2013, 05:23 PM
This will not play a factor in the outcome of the game.

They could down the road. Losing 2 starters, and 1 of them part of an already just OK defense is huge.

Ville-D
11-14-2013, 05:50 PM

Tepper never has been a fan of Ville.

One of our coaches called him out on twitter over something he said about the change in practice time... ever since them he never gives us any love.

the Ville 89
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
They could down the road. Losing 2 starters, and 1 of them part of an already just OK defense is huge.

Players will step up...Also, there is several coming back from injury that will fill the gaps. After speaking with several of the players on the "just ok defense" they feel they will be fine. We shall see, only time will tell.

hollywood
11-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Better than last years defense.

I think you doubted Stephenville could win state most of last year too. ;)

jason
11-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Better than last years defense.

I think you doubted Stephenville could win state most of last year too. ;)
I don't know that 'better than last year' is a good thing or bad thing LOL.
I have more confidence in them winning going into the playoffs this year than last year but they need to come out these first few rounds when they have games they should dominate and actually dominate them. Their district was just sooo bad this year, they need to put a couple of complete, 4 quarter games, together and hit the ground running come the 3rd round and beyond...

I realize region 1 isn't very good but some teams better than what they saw in district are out there and aren't going to lay down...

Just my thoughts. Ready for some playoff football though.

hollywood
11-14-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't know that 'better than last year' is a good thing or bad thing LOL.
I have more confidence in them winning going into the playoffs this year than last year but they need to come out these first few rounds when they have games they should dominate and actually dominate them. Their district was just sooo bad this year, they need to put a couple of complete, 4 quarter games, together and hit the ground running come the 3rd round and beyond...

I realize region 1 isn't very good but some teams better than what they saw in district are out there and aren't going to lay down...

Just my thoughts. Ready for some playoff football though.

I totally agree! They still have to prove they can hit that extra gear!

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
no one else will do it so the Ville is upset by 7. one and done. if it dont happen who cares. they wiil will never make state this year anyway

hollywood
11-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Similarities anyone???

Conner Howard #8 WR (Fr) 2013
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2013/09/21/0921WylievsBwood0689_t607.JPG

Jaxon Shipley #8 WR (Sr) 2010
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/11/20100911-033248-pic-529776952_t607.jpg

Kaegun Williams #24 RB (Fr) 2013
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/2d/e2d0d112-5d47-5cf0-a4e0-7860d19bcd65/5247abde6fbc3.image.jpg

Aiavion Edwars #24 RB (Sr) 2011
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2011/09/03/220110902224119001_t607.JPG

hollywood
11-14-2013, 07:59 PM
no one else will do it so the Ville is upset by 7. one and done. if it dont happen who cares. they wiil will never make state this year anyway

:clap:

You got some balls you ole bull!

Oh by the way, come back tomorrow night and get your big scoop of crow stew!

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 08:05 PM

You got some balls you ole bull!

Oh boy the way, come back tomorrow night and get your big scoop of crow stew!

yes sir i will do it. just no one give BW a chance. so why not me

Deuce
11-14-2013, 08:09 PM

Lol. It will be over in the 1st qtr.

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Lol. It will be over in the 1st qtr.

maybe! but we will see teenage boys can do crazy things

hollywood
11-14-2013, 08:12 PM
yes sir i will do it. just no one give BW a chance. so why not me

Every team has a chance in the playoffs! Lay it all on the line this time of year. Expect the Ville to shift into their playoff gear... They got one and it's on another level! You have to see it to believe it brotha.

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Every team has a chance in the playoffs! Lay it all on the line this time of year. Expect the Ville to shift into their playoff gear... They got one and it's on another level! You have to see it to believe it brotha.

there are always upsets in the play off what would be the biggest BW over the Ville as you call it. just remember we have ville here as well

2muchOffense
11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
There will be no upset. These boys are to good and have had an extra week off. They are ready to lay the hammer down. If you want to be amazed by a spread offense ran to near perfection, go find you a seat in the ok' shotwell. Be warned..,.,the game could be over rather quickly.

vtskneb
11-14-2013, 10:50 PM
teenage boys can do crazy things

Truer words could not be said this week, unfortunately. Make it 3 out.

hollywood
11-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Glen Rose 35
Llano 26

FINAL

Good game tonight as District 7-3A proves to be too much so far.

jason
11-14-2013, 11:05 PM
any idea where stephenville might play springtown? mineral wells or aledo probably?

hollywood
11-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Stephenville highlights vs Glen Rose

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1564.0

vtskneb
11-14-2013, 11:10 PM
any idea where stephenville might play springtown? mineral wells or aledo probably?

I had heard MW.

hollywood
11-14-2013, 11:12 PM

That would be my guess

2muchOffense
11-15-2013, 03:12 AM
I have heard from two sources the game will likely be played at Justin Northwest.

D'Highlander
11-15-2013, 06:51 AM
I have heard from two sources the game will likely be played at Justin Northwest.

I heard that too... of course there are some details that I am not privy to but it seems like the blind kid throwing the darts at the map to pick a playoff location is at it again in Stephenville. :vrycnfsd:

hollywood
11-15-2013, 07:39 AM
I heard that too... of course there are some details that I am not privy to but it seems like the blind kid throwing the darts at the map to pick a playoff location is at it again in Stephenville. :vrycnfsd:

It so, maybe it will get moved at last minute again. :crazy:

ccmom
11-15-2013, 07:50 AM

Wylie played Burk there a couple of years ago. I remember very little about it. There's my informative contribution. ;)

hollywood
11-15-2013, 07:54 AM
Wylie played Burk there a couple of years ago. I remember very little about it. There's my informative contribution. ;)

I remember watching Sville vs WF Rider there several years back. It was a very long and cold night. Sville lost and we had a blowout on the way back home. :(

jacketbacker09
11-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Didn't Sville play Lake Dallas at Justin a couple years ago?

hollywood
11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/story/brownwood-renews-rivalry-with-stephenville/d/story/jw6OJ7-4g0u1zMSVG8hX0A

Sville
11-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Since Springtown won the other posters are correct, if Sville wins they will play SPringtown next Friday at 7:30 at Justin-Northwest Stadium.

vtskneb
11-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Since Springtown won the other posters are correct, if Sville wins they will play SPringtown next Friday at 7:30 at Justin-Northwest Stadium.

Did we have GR as our home? Is that a in between location for this game?

jason
11-15-2013, 01:58 PM
I think stephenville played kennedale at justin NW last year. Or was that in mineral wells?

2muchOffense
11-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Justin is the battle site of Rider and the Jackets, I believe two years in a row. Chad Morris was the coach back then. Yes they played Lake Dallas there two seasons back. Nice facility but MW is a much easier drive.

2muchOffense
11-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Correction: The Ville lost to rider under Morris but won there during Coach G's first year, also against Rider. They defeated Lake Dallas in 2011. I think!

toddg
11-15-2013, 04:11 PM
What if Brownwood wins...:)
Hey! Just a what if!!!:)

D'Highlander
11-15-2013, 04:53 PM

http://youtu.be/LMMUYQp_XRA

vtskneb
11-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Correction: The Ville lost to rider under Morris but won there during Coach G's first year, also against Rider. They defeated Lake Dallas in 2011. I think!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

hollywood
11-15-2013, 05:20 PM

Guess they'd be joing Alvarado and starting basketball season next week.

:taunt:

defense51
11-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Guess they'd be joing Alvarado and starting basketball season next week.

:taunt:

:tisk:

hollywood
11-15-2013, 05:27 PM
:tisk:

He asked for it! Lol

BwdLion73
11-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Congrats to the Jackets.

OldMan7
11-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Went and watched this game, stephenville is good. Going to be tough to beat them this year

bwdlionfan
11-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Went and watched this game, stephenville is good. Going to be tough to beat them this year

I was impressed with the way the Bwood defense played tough in the first half and we only trailed 14-3... and left some points on the field as we were on the Sville 18 at the end of the 2nd quarter.

The wheels started coming off in the 3rd quarter and/or Stephenville started getting it together. I don't think anyone in Region 1 D1 will hang with Stephenville. I wish Graham had gone D1, I'd love to see that game.

OldMan7
11-16-2013, 01:31 AM
The only reason I wish graham went D1 was to watch the stephenville/graham game. But now I'm glad cause I can watch the graham/argyle game

Ville-D
11-16-2013, 01:36 AM
The defense has been playing very well since the start of district... The first team has only allowed 3 points since then.

They were solid again tonight.

hollywood
11-16-2013, 02:32 AM
Throw out the records and stats in a game like this! I knew deep down inside that the Wood would come well prepared and fight tooth and nail... And they did! I have to give Brownwood's defense a lot of credit tonight. They played tough and virtually took away the Ville's passing game by playing fantastic pass D in the first half. Very solid secondary play. Stephenville looked vanilla in the first half and the Brownwood D had a part in that. Good game plan on the coaching staffs part. Stephenville came out the second half wiping the sleep from their eyes because they looked half asleep in the first half. Brownwood played the pass so Stephenville did what good well balanced teams do, went to the ground and pound. Freshman RB Kaegun Williams #24 had 300 yards (unofficial) rushing. Wow! Kid is something special. Take what the other team gives.

Brownwood is pretty young overall and will be another solid team next year. Congrats to the seniors on a hard fought season who most likely played their last game of their careers tonight. Best wishes to them in their future endeavors.

Congrats to Stephenville on a solid win and another step closer to their goal!

defense51
11-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Congrats on the win Yellowjackets.

hollywood
11-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Congrats on the win Yellowjackets.

Thanks defense51. Hate to hear Alvarado lost. Best wishes for #51. He's still got another year!

hollywood
11-16-2013, 02:48 AM
For what it's worth, Stephenville held Brownwood to a season low in points, 10.

It was a hard hitting game and both teams had several players banged up by the time it was all over.

2muchOffense
11-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Brownwood showed tons of heart last night. It's no secret there is bad blood between these two. Stephenville was just too much. Jackets better come out better at the start of games, last night was rough. Bring on Springtown!!

hollywood
11-16-2013, 08:58 AM
http://www.brownwoodtx.com/sports/local_sports/article_6a5a2221-231a-5f24-ad96-c6f550dee858.html?mode=jqm

jason
11-16-2013, 09:33 AM
went to the ground and pound. Freshman RB Kaegun Williams #24 had 300 yards (unofficial) rushing. Wow! Kid is something special. Take what the other team gives.

295 was the # the stat guy for kstv gave me

hollywood
11-16-2013, 10:51 AM
295 was the # the stat guy for kstv gave me

Very impressive for any RB, especially for a freshman. He took some hard hits and kept churning out the yards. He had his best game of the season no doubt.

waterboy
11-16-2013, 04:25 PM
But now I'm glad cause I can watch the graham/argyle game

Graham and Argyle will not play each other this year... Just saying... Unless, of course, they decide to meet after both seasons are ended by a team I won't mention here...

bearbear78
11-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Graham and Argyle will not play each other this year... Just saying... Unless, of course, they decide to meet after both seasons are ended by a team I won't mention here...

Kilgore??? LoL

hollywood
11-17-2013, 09:07 AM

Kilgore??? LoL

I like your positive thinking waterboy. Argyle is going to be hard to handle for Gilmer.

bearbear78, Kilgore will likely have a rematch with Sville in D1. I think I know what you were meaning... Kilgore beat Gilmer therefore Argyle could handle Gilmer to set up the Argyle/Graham matchup. ;)

waterboy
11-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Kilgore??? LoL

Let's just say it is the same team both lost to last year... Does that jog your memory? Besides Argyle would smoke Graham, if Argyle were able to get by Gilmer, which by the way, is not likely to happen... Just saying...

bearbear78
11-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Let's just say it is the same team both lost to last year... Does that jog your memory? Besides Argyle would smoke Graham, if Argyle were able to get by Gilmer, which by the way, is not likely to happen... Just saying...
Of course....Kilgore couldn't beat Gilmer either , right? You Gilmer hopefuls are so hung up on last year....well, that means you don't win the SC this year either. Because you didn't last year right? Navasota took em to the wood shed, with ease!

hollywood
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM

Of course....Kilgore couldn't beat Gilmer either , right? You Gilmer hopefuls are so hung up on last year....well, that means you don't win the SC this year either. Because you didn't last year right? Navasota took em to the wood shed, with ease!

:hijacktd:

Hey, y'all take your Graham/Gilmer comments else where! This is a Sville/Brownwood thread!!

:D

bearbear78
11-17-2013, 12:56 PM
No matter the thread , the gilmer hopeful fired which justified the counter strike. If it comes down to Kilgore Vs Ville that's gonna be an awesome match up. I think ill just have to come watch it. Everyone knows the level of talent the ville has and kilgore is the real beast from the east. GOTY

hollywood
11-17-2013, 02:58 PM
No matter the thread , the gilmer hopeful fired which justified the counter strike. If it comes down to Kilgore Vs Ville that's gonna be an awesome match up. I think ill just have to come watch it. Everyone knows the level of talent the ville has and kilgore is the real beast from the east. GOTY

Yep, free for all on any thread! Open forum! Lol

On a possible Stephenville/Kilgore semi final matchup.. I've seen Kilgore a couple of weeks ago. Pretty solid team. Defense didn't appear to be as stout as last years. Offense is better with the QB being the key. Stephenville isn't as strong passing the ball this season but the rushing game is much stronger. Defense is better than last seasons. So, both having different strengths this season and both being very strong on both sides of the ball, make both teams viable candidates for a semi finals showdown.

Cam
11-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Yep, free for all on any thread! Open forum! Lol

On a possible Stephenville/Kilgore semi final matchup.. I've seen Kilgore a couple of weeks ago. Pretty solid team. Defense didn't appear to be as stout as last years. Offense is better with the QB being the key. Stephenville isn't as strong passing the ball this season but the rushing game is much stronger. Defense is better than last seasons. So, both having different strengths this season and both being very strong on both sides of the ball, make both teams viable candidates for a semi finals showdown.

....that's right Hollywood....this is a pubic forum after all!.....

hollywood
11-17-2013, 07:39 PM
....that's right Hollywood....this is a pubic forum after all!.....

You got that right Cam! Now, if Burnet pulls off a win against the talented Kenndale Wildcats, you probably get Wylie. Then if y'all can get to the Reg Finals AND Stephenville can take care of business as usual, that could be a fun fun week on the DL!

Keep us in your thoughts and hope you have many sleepless nights and fantasies about a rematch with the Ville!

waterboy
11-18-2013, 08:19 AM

Navasota would've done the same with Graham and Argyle, except worse, and need I remind you of what Gilmer did to Argyle and Graham last year? You Graham hopefuls don't realize that the level of play is totally different in East Texas compared to West Texas. Argyle will be tough to beat, no doubt about it, but so will we. This team is roughly the same team, with a few better players added, that we had last year. What makes you think this year will be any different than last year?

hollywood
11-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Navasota would've done the same with Graham and Argyle, except worse, and need I remind you of what Gilmer did to Argyle and Graham last year? You Graham hopefuls don't realize that the level of play is totally different in East Texas compared to West Texas. Argyle will be tough to beat, no doubt about it, but so will we. This team is roughly the same team, with a few better players added, that we had last year. What makes you think this year will be any different than last year?

I hope you're kidding waterboy. Gilmer would have gotten beat by Graham 2 weeks ago. Very sloppy play by Gilmer and Kilgore both. I was honestly shocked at the level of play I was witnessing. After all the hype, I expected a lot more I guess. Of course every team can have a flat night. Stephenville had a flat first half against Brownwood last Friday I'm guessing, unless they were working on some other things I wasn't aware of. Now, what makes you think Graham isn't better than last year? How about this one... Graham was within 1 point of beating Carthage a few years back in the semi's... so they know how to play football and with East Texas teams. ;) This whole East Texas vs West Texas football is a crock. Stephenville whooped Kilgore and gave them a good ole country arse whoopin last year. Stephenville isn't East Texas either. Contrary to popular belief... East Texas doesn't have the market cornered on speed... sorry to bust your bubble. Graham has speed. Stephenville has speed. Argyle has speed. Abilene Wylie has speed. Burnet has speed. Alvarado has speed. The list goes on brotha. How about this... what you East Texas hopefuls don't realize is the level of play by some teams out West is pretty dang good. Good enough to beat that vaunted East Texas speed! :taunt:

Cam
11-18-2013, 11:07 AM
You got that right Cam! Now, if Burnet pulls off a win against the talented Kenndale Wildcats, you probably get Wylie. Then if y'all can get to the Reg Finals AND Stephenville can take care of business as usual, that could be a fun fun week on the DL!

Keep us in your thoughts and hope you have many sleepless nights and fantasies about a rematch with the Ville!

.....I sleep like a baby!.....:sleeping:......

waterboy
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
I hope you're kidding waterboy. Gilmer would have gotten beat by Graham 2 weeks ago. Very sloppy play by Gilmer and Kilgore both. I was honestly shocked at the level of play I was witnessing. After all the hype, I expected a lot more I guess. Of course every team can have a flat night. Stephenville had a flat first half against Brownwood last Friday I'm guessing, unless they were working on some other things I wasn't aware of. Now, what makes you think Graham isn't better than last year? How about this one... Graham was within 1 point of beating Carthage a few years back in the semi's... so they know how to play football and with East Texas teams. ;) This whole East Texas vs West Texas football is a crock. Stephenville whooped Kilgore and gave them a good ole country arse whoopin last year. Stephenville isn't East Texas either. Contrary to popular belief... East Texas doesn't have the market cornered on speed... sorry to bust your bubble. Graham has speed. Stephenville has speed. Argyle has speed. Abilene Wylie has speed. Burnet has speed. Alvarado has speed. The list goes on brotha. How about this... what you East Texas hopefuls don't realize is the level of play by some teams out West is pretty dang good. Good enough to beat that vaunted East Texas speed! :taunt:

Haha... Nice try. Execution is definitely the key to success in the playoffs. Defense could have had just a little to do with the lack of execution in the game you went to. No way Graham is in the same league as Stephenville, nor Argyle. We saw that last year. That's okay, we'll see how it turns out over the next 2 to 3 weeks, and we'll look back at these posts and see who was closer to being right. I've never been sold on the "East Texas speed" hype, anyway. It's all about execution, and all things equal, speed will make a difference.

Cam
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM

....there goes Hollywood...just never quits stirrin' things up!.....:D

hollywood
11-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Haha... Nice try. Execution is definitely the key to success in the playoffs. Defense could have had just a little to do with the lack of execution in the game you went to. No way Graham is in the same league as Stephenville, nor Argyle. We saw that last year. That's okay, we'll see how it turns out over the next 2 to 3 weeks, and we'll look back at these posts and see who was closer to being right. I've never been sold on the "East Texas speed" hype, anyway. It's all about execution, and all things equal, speed will make a difference.

I agree! Execution is the key. Another key on the success for teams in the playoffs, especially the further a team advances, is OL/DL play. I think this is one of the key elements that hurt Graham against Gilmer last season. They couldn't contain the pressure Gilmer was able to put on Graham's offense. Gilmer's D-line looks undersized a bit this season. If Demarco Boyd returns, he'll be a key factor... he's a game changer. But if not, this will hurt Gilmer this season. We've heard how Argyle is the real deal... time will tell... guess we'll find out in less than 2 weeks actually. ;)

Best of luck to Gilmer. I hope it's on a Saturday... I'd like to go see that match up.. if it happens of course.

waterboy
11-18-2013, 12:50 PM
I agree! Execution is the key. Another key on the success for teams in the playoffs, especially the further a team advances, is OL/DL play. I think this is one of the key elements that hurt Graham against Gilmer last season. They couldn't contain the pressure Gilmer was able to put on Graham's offense. Gilmer's D-line looks undersized a bit this season. If Demarco Boyd returns, he'll be a key factor... he's a game changer. But if not, this will hurt Gilmer this season. We've heard how Argyle is the real deal... time will tell... guess we'll find out in less than 2 weeks actually. ;)

Best of luck to Gilmer. I hope it's on a Saturday... I'd like to go see that match up.. if it happens of course.

Now you're talking. I'm pretty sure we'll get Demarco Boyd back. Coach Traylor will probably opt for him to get another week to heal, so he probably won't go this week against Pittsburg. He is a playmaker on the D-line for sure. We missed him in the Kilgore game. If nothing else, he would've given us a little depth at that position, and that is where we had the most trouble defensively. I certainly hope the Buckeyes learned from that game, that if you put the ball on the ground, you'll likely lose to good teams. Argyle would've pounded us that night with the 5 turnovers we had. We'll definitely see next week. That game with Argyle will be THE game, if we are both fortunate enough to win, as to who gets to Jerry's World, in my opinion. No offense to Graham, but I don't think they're quite on the same level as Argyle and Gilmer. We'll likely get to see, though.

Looking4number8
11-18-2013, 08:10 PM
all I know is the Saturday paper says my Lions won the game .... and FYI, the Brownwood Bulliten is still printed in Stephenvile

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_1F11FDBF-BB5C-4103-ADE9-A204F21F5F8A-33705-000010AD15153A9E_zpse2a1489b.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/user/ivan1961/media/1F11FDBF-BB5C-4103-ADE9-A204F21F5F8A-33705-000010AD15153A9E_zpse2a1489b.jpg.html)

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_A47221BA-D97B-45C6-8651-D53FB7270258-33705-000010AD0A7B6088_zps22cab09f.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/user/ivan1961/media/A47221BA-D97B-45C6-8651-D53FB7270258-33705-000010AD0A7B6088_zps22cab09f.jpg.html)

hollywood
11-18-2013, 08:20 PM
all I know is the Saturday paper says my Lions won the game .... and FYI, the Brownwood Bulliten is still printed in Stephenvile

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_1F11FDBF-BB5C-4103-ADE9-A204F21F5F8A-33705-000010AD15153A9E_zpse2a1489b.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/user/ivan1961/media/1F11FDBF-BB5C-4103-ADE9-A204F21F5F8A-33705-000010AD15153A9E_zpse2a1489b.jpg.html)

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_A47221BA-D97B-45C6-8651-D53FB7270258-33705-000010AD0A7B6088_zps22cab09f.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/user/ivan1961/media/A47221BA-D97B-45C6-8651-D53FB7270258-33705-000010AD0A7B6088_zps22cab09f.jpg.html)

You silly Lion, that's why. We felt sorry for y'all. The real newspaper is printed in Stephenville with 2 l's. The copy you got was printed in Stephenvile. One l. Stephenvile is where all the weird underground stuff happens! :taunt:

Looking4number8
11-18-2013, 09:35 PM
I cant spell Stephenville but I can spell traitor

hollywood
11-18-2013, 09:45 PM

Supporting the kiddos brotha... It's all about the kiddos, right? :clap:

ccmom
11-18-2013, 10:13 PM