PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 D1 GOTW: Stephenville (8-1) vs. Brownwood (4-6)

Pages : 1 [2]

ccmom
11-18-2013, 10:13 PM
I cant spell Stephenville but I can spell traitor

:vrycnfsd:
Double post....

Sweetwater Red
11-18-2013, 10:17 PM
I cant spell Stephenville but I can spell traitor

Boom Delivered! :D

ccmom
11-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey Hollywood, I'm pretty sure the Graham/Carthage game you referenced was the 2009 SC game...not the semis. I'm always here for ya!! ;)

hollywood
11-18-2013, 10:46 PM
I cant spell Stephenville but I can spell trailer

Dang Lookin', you must have been the last pick for the spelling bee, huh? Lol

:taunt:

hollywood
11-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey Hollywood, I'm pretty sure the Graham/Carthage game you referenced was the 2009 SC game...not the semis. I'm always here for ya!! ;)

You're a true sweetheart ccmom! I don't care what everyone else on the Downlow says! Class act!

Cheers! :kiss:

Looking4number8
11-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Dang Lookin', you must have been the last pick for the spelling bee, huh? Lol

:taunt:

You have no idea! If I even get picked for the team, no way they let me on the field. I'm a pretty smart dude sometimes but my spelling is pittiful. Your making fun of my mispelling something is just an average day for me.

bearbear78
11-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Navasota would've done the same with Graham and Argyle, except worse, and need I remind you of what Gilmer did to Argyle and Graham last year? You Graham hopefuls don't realize that the level of play is totally different in East Texas compared to West Texas. Argyle will be tough to beat, no doubt about it, but so will we. This team is roughly the same team, with a few better players added, that we had last year. What makes you think this year will be any different than last year?
The East Tx speed gets old and really sounds ignorant. As long as Graham keeps it together and plays like they have all year Gilmer has no chance. Anyone who watched the game last year knows that wasn't the steers team that got us to that game. This year will not be the same. Watch and see.

hollywood
11-19-2013, 01:29 PM
The East Tx speed gets old and really sounds ignorant. As long as Graham keeps it together and plays like they have all year Gilmer has no chance. Anyone who watched the game last year knows that wasn't the steers team that got us to that game. This year will not be the same. Watch and see.

bearbear78, I agree to an extent. Graham is playing better and stronger than they were last year. But also, the comp hasn't been as stout this year either IMO. Brownwood is down, Wylie was down when y'all played them. Last year, Graham just didn't have any competition until Gatesville in the Reg Finals. That ended up being a good game. Then Graham faced speed like they hadn't seen before when they played Gilmer. Granted, Graham had an off night. This year is different. Graham is better all the way around, I agree. Defense is very stout. I've seen Gilmer.. either they had a very off night or they didn't look to be like a team that would dominate a solid team. Same for Kilgore. Sloppy football that night. I think Gilmer had 5 turnovers and Kilgore had 3 if I remember correctly. Graham would have taken them to the wood shed if they played that night.

full circle
11-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Played Graham and Stephenville this year, Graham is definitely in Stephenville's league.

hollywood
11-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Played Graham and Stephenville this year, Graham is definitely in Stephenville's league.

From what I've seen of Graham, I would agree, they would challenge Stephenville. But you have to also remember what week Graham and Brownwood played. Brownwood had several key starters missing. Therefore the but whoopin. Would you agree Brownwood was much better last week than the week they played Graham?

A lot still has to play out for this to happen, but time will tell.

If Graham plays Gilmer/Argyle in the semi's and Stephenville plays Kilgore in the semi's... it'll give a pretty good indicator of how they stack up. Kilgore beat Gilmer by 5 pts a few weeks ago.

waterboy
11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Kilgore only had one turnover that night, if memory serves. It doesn't matter, the execution wasn't there that night for either team, and could have something to do with both defenses being very good. Honestly, that wasn't the same Gilmer team I had watched all year. The game plan was totally different from what I had seen leading up to that game. I think we learned our lesson, though. At least I hope so.

hollywood
11-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Kilgore only had one turnover that night, if memory serves. It doesn't matter, the execution wasn't there that night for either team, and could have something to do with both defenses being very good. Honestly, that wasn't the same Gilmer team I had watched all year. The game plan was totally different from what I had seen leading up to that game. I think we learned our lesson, though. At least I hope so.

I agree waterboy. That's why I have been saying the way they both played that night. It happens. These are 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old young men. BUT, I know Gilmer and Kilgore are very good 3A teams this season. Talent all over the field. Execution is the key. We agree on that. What my comments have been all along, there are other teams just as good or better than Gilmer and Kilgore this season. They didn't stick out as being the best 3A has to offer... that night anyway. Time will tell and if they both get to Jerry World, which is just as likely as a few other teams around this great state of Texas, then your assessment of 2 great defenses causing the other teams offenses to misfire several times would have proved out. ;) Good luck this week and next as a Gilmer and Argyle is almost inevitable.

I hope to see Kilgore in the semi's for a rematch with Stephenville. The Ville still has their work cut out with a HUGE target on their chests. Here's to good HS football!

waterboy
11-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I agree waterboy. That's why I have been saying the way they both played that night. It happens. These are 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old young men. BUT, I know Gilmer and Kilgore are very good 3A teams this season. Talent all over the field. Execution is the key. We agree on that. What my comments have been all along, there are other teams just as good or better than Gilmer and Kilgore this season. They didn't stick out as being the best 3A has to offer... that night anyway. Time will tell and if they both get to Jerry World, which is just as likely as a few other teams around this great state of Texas, then your assessment of 2 great defenses causing the other teams offenses to misfire several times would have proved out. ;) Good luck this week and next as a Gilmer and Argyle is almost inevitable.

I hope to see Kilgore in the semi's for a rematch with Stephenville. The Ville still has their work cut out with a HUGE target on their chests. Here's to good HS football!

Tooshay! It'll all come out in the wash anyway. I'm betting on a Kilgore / Stephenville matchup, and the Gilmer / Argyle matchup is almost a gimmee. Everybody has to take care of business to get there, though, and you never really know.

full circle
11-20-2013, 02:37 PM
brownwood didn't have Kilgo for either game, and receiver out for graham game that played in steph. game was playing w torn mcl, missing starting guard for steph., so I think it evens out, jmo, but I think it would be very competitive

hollywood
11-20-2013, 03:13 PM
brownwood didn't have Kilgo for either game, and receiver out for graham game that played in steph. game was playing w torn mcl, missing starting guard for steph., so I think it evens out, jmo, but I think it would be very competitive

For what it's worth, Stephenville had several starters out or go out during the Brownwood game. Just sayin. You can use excuses, it really doesn't matter now and we will never know how Graham and Stephenville would have matched up. Just one opinion versus another is what it really amounts to. I talked to a Stephenville coach and he said they were trying some new stuff and keeping it pretty vanilla in the first half. They knew they could work Brownwood's DL pretty well so they just decided to pound the ball in the second half.

Good luck to the Lions next season. Y'all should be pretty dang good if y'all have a QB to replace Keesee.

bwdlionfan
11-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Good luck to the Lions next season. Y'all should be pretty dang good if y'all have a QB to replace Keesee.

This just sounds odd, referring to your alma mater as "ya'll"

But to answer your question, I think the backup this year was pretty good, he's a junior... and we are supposed to have a good freshman QB.

hollywood
09-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Round 2 is in 10 days! :2thumbsup

Smitty
09-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Round 2 is in 10 days! :2thumbsup

Thought I was going crazy until I noticed the dates on the posts!

WOS87
09-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Who reopened this? lol

hollywood
09-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Hahaha, I just searched and it was still open! Lol

We can start a new one next week if needed!

Ville-D
10-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Hahaha, I just searched and it was still open! Lol

We can start a new one next week if needed!

:redxpoke: Probably not big enough to qualify for GOTW anymore...

hollywood
10-01-2014, 03:06 PM
:redxpoke: Probably not big enough to qualify for GOTW anymore...

Depends on how the Wood does against Pojo. If they win by 21+, they will have something to prove against the Jackets. And especially since the game is in the jungle this season. We have no idea what's coming! :eek: