PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Help

caleb_mccaig
10-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone on here has used an Android phone? I have always used the Iphone but have to make a switch for work. I was thinking the Galaxy S, or the Note. If anyone has any reviews or help I would really appreciate it.

bwdlionfan
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone on here has used an Android phone? I have always used the Iphone but have to make a switch for work. I was thinking the Galaxy S, or the Note. If anyone has any reviews or help I would really appreciate it.

I used Iphone for 3 years, and about a month ago made the switch to the Galaxy S4. I will never go back to Iphone. Some have made the switch and hated it, others, like me, have loved it.

If you're not very tech savvy I'd stay with the Iphone. If you're pretty tech savvy I'd switch. The Iphone, like all Apple products are built for ease of use, ability not to be messed up by their owner (no access to the file system), and are made to be 'pretty.'

The S4 allows me to save documents to it like it's a flash drive. I can create folders to store things in different places like I can on a computer. It comes with Polaris Office Suite which allows you to view and edit Word, Excel, etc etc. Not to mention the processor, RAM, video display, and camera specs trump that of the Iphone 5. The availability of Apps is not a problem either as some may fear. There are a ton of Apps available to download on the Play Store.

adoptedbuckeye
10-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I used Iphone for 3 years, and about a month ago made the switch to the Galaxy S4. I will never go back to Iphone. Some have made the switch and hated it, others, like me, have loved it.

If you're not very tech savvy I'd stay with the Iphone. If you're pretty tech savvy I'd switch. The Iphone, like all Apple products are built for ease of use, ability not to be messed up by their owner (no access to the file system), and are made to be 'pretty.'

The S4 allows me to save documents to it like it's a flash drive. I can create folders to store things in different places like I can on a computer. It comes with Polaris Office Suite which allows you to view and edit Word, Excel, etc etc. Not to mention the processor, RAM, video display, and camera specs trump that of the Iphone 5. The availability of Apps is not a problem either as some may fear. There are a ton of Apps available to download on the Play Store.

Same here, I switched from the iphone 4 to the galaxy s4 and won't go back

Yoe_09
10-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I've had my Android for a year & a half now and have been pleased with it. If you like larger phones, I would like to hear some thoughts on the Samsung Note 3 W/ Gear. Now, the phone costs $299 and the gear (watch) will cost you another $299, but I'm interested to see how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fo5x7ZIPCM

Old Tiger
10-21-2013, 04:48 PM
My work phone is a Galaxy, my personal phone is an iPhone. I prefer the iPhone right now but I believe most of that is because they are on different networks. Verizon > Sprint

I like the simplicity of iPhone more as well.

hollywood
10-21-2013, 04:48 PM

If you switch, you will lose all your iTune data.. correct?

bwdlionfan
10-21-2013, 05:44 PM

Probably, but that's not the fault of DROID, that's how Apple operates to keep people. Apple is far far behind in power/specs. Just one example, the Galaxy S3 had a 720P HD screen 2 years ago. The Galaxy S4 has a 1080p screen. The new iPhone still doesn't support 720P

poisoned10
10-21-2013, 08:25 PM
You can still keep your music, pictures and ringtones, but will have to re-purchase any apps you bought in the App Store.

If you get a Samsung phone, they made a program called Samsung Smart Switch that will take a backup file of your iPhone and transfer all of your contacts, text messages, music, pictures as well as several other things for you.

So short answer, yes and no.