PDA

View Full Version : How?!

BJ Walters
10-20-2013, 01:55 PM
How does Auburn move up thirteen (13) spots in the polls for beating an average aTm yesterday, it makes no sense. You say aTm isn't average but I'll argue that aTm is the EXACT SAME team as Oregon State (whom I'm CERTAIN you'd all consider "average")...No? Well let's take a look at the proof

Oregon State ranks 1st in the nation in passing offense, aTm ranks 5th. Rushing is a no-contest towards aTm (Oregon State would be the worst rush offense I've ever seen if not for Mike Leach/WSU).

aTm QB Johnny Manziel has accounted for 2,775 yards and 24 TDs, while Oregon State QB Sean Mannion has accounted for 2,992 yards and 29 TDs

aTm WR Mike Evans has accounted for 1,024 yards and 9 TDs, while OSU leading receiver Brandin Cooks has accounted for 1,176 yards and 12 TDs

aTm ranks 4th nationally on offense, scoring 47 PPG, while the Beavers are 9th nationally, scoring 44 PPG

aTm ranks 104th nationally on defense, allowing 34 PPG, while OSU ranks 75th nationally on defense, allowing 28 PPG

aTm is 5-2, Oregona State is 6-1

The only difference is simple...the national media (E-S-P-N) love the SEC because the conference bows down to their every demand, while the Pac-12 has its own network. Unfortunately, our industry (and college football more than ANY OTHER SPORT) is being ruined by ESPN because it can truly dictate who is ranked where with their personal agenda. They can do this because we don't have a system in college football like we do in every other college sport that allows teams to decide it in a true playoff format.

College football, sadly, may never again be a place for equal opportunity

LV_Bearfan
10-21-2013, 12:53 AM
If Oregon State keeps winning, they will move up just as they usually do.
This year, they started the season ranked in the top 25.
The single solitary reason they aren't ranked higher is because they got embarrassed in game 1 by some little school that they had no business losing to.
Stats don't tell the whole story.
Time will tell. If they keep winning, they'll move up just like every other team that keeps winning.
If they beat a top ten team like say Oregon, and don't lose again, they will jump up in the polls also; however, they will always be hurt by that horrible opening loss.