PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Eagles

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Gonna be a shootout.

'Boys by 4.

Saggy Aggie
10-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Ware isn't playing. Not gonna help the pies much, but I'm picking the cowturds anyhow.

Romo is gonna pull a flacco, Dallas is gonna win a Super Bowl and farmersfan is gonna commit suicide

Bullaholic
10-20-2013, 11:33 AM
NFC East is not very deep, Saggy...:D They couldn't play in the SEC....

MJMbrahmas10
10-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Gonna see a lot if empty back fields today.

Bullaholic
10-20-2013, 12:37 PM
So far it looks like 2 high-powered offenses who have got water in their gas....

Farmersfan
10-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Am I being overly sensitive or are these refs ignoring a log of Eagle holding? 1 play before the pass interference call on Dallas a Eagle lineman had his arms wrapped a Cowboy's waist from behind and no call.............

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Am I being overly sensitive or are these refs ignoring a log of Eagle holding? 1 play before the pass interference call on Dallas a Eagle lineman had his arms wrapped a Cowboy's waist from behind and no call.............

Yes. Agree. Brutal half of football.

I hate to be too hard on Dez, but that last play is one he has a chance to make. That was a very catchable ball as hail Mary's go.

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Brutal to watch. Defense is playing well though.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2013, 01:49 PM
typical rivalry game IMO..ugly at times..good D at times....love it

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Damn penalties...

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2013, 01:56 PM
ahh the old penalty Cowboys have returned today

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 01:58 PM
About time they call that.

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Nice drive.

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Its about time they called that. Dez has been getting mauled.

Good drive.

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Thats a throw you know Tony would like to have back.

regaleagle
10-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Overall, neither team looks to be very sharp today.

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah, def an ugly game. If we can make this a three possession game here, it might be enough.

Farmersfan
10-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Thats a throw you know Tony would like to have back.

REally? Just that one?

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Damn...

Farmersfan
10-20-2013, 02:29 PM
It only takes one Romoism to turn a game!!!

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 02:30 PM
And he'd like that one back too.

Farmersfan
10-20-2013, 02:31 PM
And he'd like that one back too.

And to make matters worse Romo is yelling at the rookie! That was 100% on Tony. Why is he yelling at the running back?

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 02:34 PM
And to make matters worse Romo is yelling at the rookie! That was 100% on Tony. Why is he yelling at the running back?

Twitter world is saying he was yelling at tanner for not clearing out because the ball was going to Beasley behind him.

Of course that never matters to you because it's always Romo's fault.

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 02:34 PM
That's a pick...

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Bad call.

Bullaholic
10-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Romo can make all the bad plays he wants---he'll never top Foles today....

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 02:38 PM
We got jobbed on that.

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Nice!

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Nice

Deuce
10-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Schaub could have made that throw. Lol!

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2013, 02:55 PM
of course Romo will get no credit for that drive right there

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Penalties!!

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Way to go D!

Bullaholic
10-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Dang--sure wish Keith7 could be with us for today's game....:D

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2013, 03:34 PM
win on the road in division are what win you the division..Dallas now 3-0 in East and 3-0 in NFC

regaleagle
10-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Ugly don't count....not now, not never. A big win for the Boyz today, no doubt. Another W in the ledger, and it was within the division like TXB said.

Macarthur
10-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Yep. Nfl isn't about style points. Just win.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2013, 03:51 PM
for those that care

Garrett confirms Romo pick was ball intended for Beasley -- Tanner blew his assignment and ran the LB into the pattern.

Roughneck93
10-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Great win on the road. Hold McCoy and Jackson both in check.

Don't care how you do it, just get the W.

Love this stat...9th consecutive home loss for the Eagles.

bobcat1
10-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Dang--sure wish Keith7 could be with us for today's game....:DHe's probably peepin. :taunt:

GrTigers6
10-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Twitter world is saying he was yelling at tanner for not clearing out because the ball was going to Beasley behind him.

Of course that never matters to you because it's always Romo's fault.

Of course he doesn't. He must be like the announcers who where saying the same thing. He was definitely throwing to Cole on that play and tanner took his guy right into the pass.

Eagle 1
10-20-2013, 09:22 PM
for those that care

Garrett confirms Romo pick was ball intended for Beasley -- Tanner blew his assignment and ran the LB into the pattern.

:fnypost:

Farmersfan
10-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Of course he doesn't. He must be like the announcers who where saying the same thing. He was definitely throwing to Cole on that play and tanner took his guy right into the pass.

It was a 5 yard pass for Pete's sake! From 5 yards away a defender has time for maybe 1 step before the ball is on him. So give me a break with these Romo excuses. Even if Tanner ran his defender right into the intended path of the pass Romo still must recognize there is a LB in the way... Geez!

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2013, 08:42 AM
It was a 5 yard pass for Pete's sake! From 5 yards away a defender has time for maybe 1 step before the ball is on him. So give me a break with these Romo excuses. Even if Tanner ran his defender right into the intended path of the pass Romo still must recognize there is a LB in the way... Geez!

When he throws the ball they are not in thee path..if he is not expecting them to be in the path how is he supposed to know?

Farmersfan
10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
of course Romo will get no credit for that drive right there

Actually Romo gets a little over a million dollars worth of credit for that drive! NEWFLASH: Romo is supposed to drive the ball for touchdowns. That's why he is paid 17 million a year.................

Farmersfan
10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
When he throws the ball they are not in thee path..if he is not expecting them to be in the path how is he supposed to know?

ONE STEP TXB! ONE STEP! Watch the video...............

D'Highlander
10-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Both defenses played well in my opinion. Cowboys need to work on the hot reads. Philly just showed the league how to beat the Cowboys. Send the house and play man/press coverage.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Actually Romo gets a little over a million dollars worth of credit for that drive! NEWFLASH: Romo is supposed to drive the ball for touchdowns. That's why he is paid 17 million a year.................

What is it with you and how much he is paid?

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2013, 08:58 AM
ONE STEP TXB! ONE STEP! Watch the video...............

I have..it is not one step..Romo steps back from pressure and is throwing from the 44 to his right to the 31...Tanner takes his guy from the left across at the 35...Romo is already cocked and throwing before Tanner could have in anyway be in his sightline..again Romo not expecting anyone to be coming across the field from the left based on the coverage and Tanner in stead taking Ryans to the outside took him in

Macarthur
10-21-2013, 08:59 AM

You are literally the only person in America that does not recognize that was on the rb.

Farmersfan
10-21-2013, 09:01 AM
What is it with you and how much he is paid?

What is it with you and expecting to give a 17 million dollar a year Professional athlete a pat on the back for doing his job? Romo had a 69 QB rating yesterday and managed just 2 touchdowns against a horrible pass defense and you seem to want to praise him for the only decent drive in the entire game. At times in the past things were debatable as to whether Romo was really a big reason for the offensive ineffectiveness but not yesterday. Romo threw horrible pass after horrible pass after horrible pass for pretty much the entire day. Even the ones that were caught were low, high or behind. Cole Beasley saved Romo's butt on several occasions with spectacular catches. But I will say that in my opinion the Eagle defenders were allowed to do a lot of holding, grabbing and downfield contact. There is no way the penalties should have been 12 to 5 in favor of the Eagles in this game......

Macarthur
10-21-2013, 09:03 AM
What is it with you and expecting to give a 17 million dollar a year Professional athlete a pat on the back for doing his job? Romo had a 69 QB rating yesterday and managed just 2 touchdowns against a horrible pass defense and you seem to want to praise him for the only decent drive in the entire game. At times in the past things were debatable as to whether Romo was really a big reason for the offensive ineffectiveness but not yesterday. Romo threw horrible pass after horrible pass after horrible pass for pretty much the entire day. Even the ones that were caught were low, high or behind. Cole Beasley saved Romo's butt on several occasions with spectacular catches. But I will say that in my opinion the Eagle defenders were allowed to do a lot of holding, grabbing and downfield contact. There is no way the penalties should have been 12 to 5 in favor of the Eagles in this game......

I agree that his accuracy was not good. Keep in mind it was extremely windy at the stadium yesterday.

coach
10-21-2013, 09:08 AM

What was his passer rating against Denver?

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2013, 09:10 AM

I dont look at money..so basically this is what your saying...when a player does something good he is just doing his job so who cares...but if he makes a bad play then he should called out for it? That is such a cynical way to look at sports...so in your mind we should have no HOF..because those guys were just doing what they are paid to do

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2013, 09:18 AM
First place! YEA!!!!!!!

buff4ever
10-21-2013, 09:35 AM
I am happy, we won the game, it was a game we needed to win. I am not going to sit here and get excited about the way we played on offense, or that excited about beating an NFC East team, when our division is clearly not very good. I am going to remain positive that we are helping ourselves make a step towards the playoffs.

With that said, our offense, other than the game against Denver, is not doing what it should be pointwise. Like I said after the denver game, it wasn't romo against manning. Just like it wasn't luck against manning. Clearly the denver defenese is not doing its job right now as they gave up too many points again yesterday. One of the only games our offense scored above average was against a well below average defense. Against good or average defenses, my guess would be we score below the average. That doesn't say much for our offense, and I think until losing murray we have had atleast the league average in talent.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Tony Romo averages 13.6 yards per attempt when targeting Terrance Williams. That's best for any player targeted at least 10 times this year...Williams has been huge

Dallas has scored at least 31 points in 4 of 7 games....they are very hot and cold...I do think we are seeing the D is better than the two game stretch against Chargers and Broncos...I think the decision to play more man has helped.

buff4ever
10-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Tony Romo averages 13.6 yards per attempt when targeting Terrance Williams. That's best for any player targeted at least 10 times this year...Williams has been huge

Dallas has scored at least 31 points in 4 of 7 games....they are very hot and cold...I do think we are seeing the D is better than the two game stretch against Chargers and Broncos...I think the decision to play more man has helped.

I am too busy at work, and lazy to look up, but ignore denver game and then take away defensive points, starts to look a little less good than you tried to make that sound.

But, I am happy we are winning.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
I am too busy at work, and lazy to look up, but ignore denver game and then take away defensive points, starts to look a little less good than you tried to make that sound.

But, I am happy we are winning.

hey your buddy FF says average is average and cannot take away games and such LOL

Bullaholic
10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
I will only say this about the Cowboy's win----It was partially Romo's fault! :D

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm the farthest thing from a cowboys fan, but I think Dallas wins the NFC this year

Eagle 1
10-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Why is it never Romo's fault when he throws an interception? Some of you sound like obama blaming Bush for everything. It's getting old. That's the problem with America, nobody wants to take responsibility for their own shortcomings.

GrTigers6
10-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Why is it never Romo's fault when he throws an interception? Some of you sound like obama blaming Bush for everything. It's getting old. That's the problem with America, nobody wants to take responsibility for their own shortcomings.

Why is it to you always his fault?

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2013, 02:12 PM

So the RB comes out and take the blame..something you say people do not do, but you have a problem with it because nobody wants to take responsibility?

Eagle 1
10-21-2013, 03:54 PM
The running back didn't throw the ball. Just like in the movies The Titans.
Coach: "Did your lineman fumble the ball?"
Peety: "No sir."

Jeez.

Emerson1
10-21-2013, 04:21 PM
We could have Peyton and people wouldn't be happy because it's not Staubach or Aikman still out there.

Macarthur
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM

This is a BS comment because I have come on here before and talked about romo's mistakes. You are blinded by your bias.

The fact of the matter is that not every interception a QB throws is his fault. Some times they are. Sometimes they are not.

cougartino
10-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Hey Cowboys fans! What day is it? WHAT DAY IS IT! First Place Day! Yeah!

Eagle 1
10-21-2013, 06:36 PM
This is a BS comment because I have come on here before and talked about romo's mistakes. You are blinded by your bias.

The fact of the matter is that not every interception a QB throws is his fault. Some times they are. Sometimes they are not.

LOL...you libs crack me up.
Blinded by my bias.....LOL...

Macarthur
10-21-2013, 08:07 PM
LOL...you libs crack me up.
Blinded by my bias.....LOL...

You're smart.

Farmersfan
10-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Hey Cowboys fans! What day is it? WHAT DAY IS IT! First Place Day! Yeah!

Yea!!!!!!! Being in 1st place in the NFC East is like being the smartest person on the short bus.

buff4ever
10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Yea!!!!!!! Being in 1st place in the NFC East is like being the smartest person on the short bus.

funny post right there. I was thinking similarly, you put it perfectly.

Farmersfan
10-22-2013, 02:55 PM

I have been very pleased with Williams and Beasley. I think Beasley gives them a dimension the Cowboys have not had in quite some time. If they are going to throw short underneath passes they need to go to a small quick guy who can turn them into something better rather than to J. Whitten....
I also have heard several people mention over the past week that Dallas has difficulty putting together a great defensive game and a great offensive game. If they ever get the two of them on the field at the same time this team could be very special.....

Emerson1
10-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Witten

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2013, 04:04 PM

If it gets them in the play offs who the frick cares

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2013, 06:37 PM

You think giants fans are complaining about their 9-7 Super Bowl year?

bobcat1
10-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Sad but true this year.

Macarthur
10-22-2013, 09:12 PM
For the final verdict on the romo interception, see the tweet sequence by David Newbury tonight.

@newbury1310

Macarthur
10-22-2013, 09:19 PM
I'd do the screen shots but I don't know how to do it.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2013, 10:26 PM
For the final verdict on the romo interception, see the tweet sequence by David Newbury tonight.

@newbury1310

you know it will not matter

Old Tiger
10-22-2013, 10:40 PM

Giants front 7 that year was fantastic

Saggy Aggie
10-23-2013, 06:34 AM

Cowboys front 7 is pretty good IMO

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 07:39 AM

They were still 9-7

Farmersfan
10-23-2013, 08:03 AM

So you pick the single team out of NFL history to win a superbowl after being AVERAGE in the regular season to draw a parallel to this year's Cowboys? Isn't this exactly like people excusing Romo's lack of playoff success by bring up Elway. Tony Romo isn't John Elway and these Cowboys aren't that season's Giants!

Farmersfan
10-23-2013, 08:18 AM
I'd do the screen shots but I don't know how to do it.

In the first place David Newbury is hardly the "final Verict" on anything. He works on the Cowboys pregame show and works on the The Ticket with huge access to the Cowboys. He would not rock the boat even if it meant lying. Not saying that's what he is doing just pointing out he isn't anymore of a objective source than any of the other lockerroom people who have to stay in Jerry's good graces. As far as the interception it is entirely possible that the pass was meant for Beasley. But if you take the video to the point the ball is intercepted you will see that it would have been way behind Beasley even if Tanner and the linebacker weren't in the picture. So if Tony meant the pass for Beasley it was an even worse pass than if it were meant for Tanner. Beasley actually had to stop his route to try and go backwards to react to the throw. WATCH IT!
Here is one of Newbury's screenshots.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 08:30 AM
In the first place David Newbury is hardly the "final Verict" on anything. He works on the Cowboys pregame show and works on the The Ticket with huge access to the Cowboys. He would not rock the boat even if it meant lying. Not saying that's what he is doing just pointing out he isn't anymore of a objective source than any of the other lockerroom people who have to stay in Jerry's good graces. As far as the interception it is entirely possible that the pass was meant for Beasley. But if you take the video to the point the ball is intercepted you will see that it would have been way behind Beasley even if Tanner and the linebacker weren't in the picture. So if Tony meant the pass for Beasley it was an even worse pass than if it were meant for Tanner. Beasley actually had to stop his route to try and go backwards to react to the throw. WATCH IT!

So now media is trying not to rock the boat LOL WOW...when did the media start playing nice?

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 08:56 AM

BTW just watched the video again from behind the offense..not sure where your getting Cole was going backwards If Tanner does not run into the pattern it is right to Cole

Macarthur
10-23-2013, 08:57 AM

There is no way to tell from that pic if the ball was going to be behind Beasley.

And second, you are 100% wrong on Newbury. He is highly critical of the cowboys. He has ripped them over and over again, esp regarding the draft. And I never heard anything about him 'having access' to the cowboys. He has no affiliation and has never worked for the cowboys.

Your post shows without question that your bias is so ingrained that you are completely incapable of looking at the romo issue objectively. To look at that screen shot an conclude that the pass would have been behind Beasley anyway, even if it was meant for him is laughable. And you obviously don't know much about or haven't listened to Newbury much if you're implying he's a cowboy shill.

Farmersfan
10-23-2013, 09:44 AM
BTW just watched the video again from behind the offense..not sure where your getting Cole was going backwards If Tanner does not run into the pattern it is right to Cole

I have not seen a video from behind the offense. Can you link to it?

GrTigers6
10-23-2013, 09:47 AM

If you recorded the game they showed a replay from behind Romo. If not then I can help you! :D

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 09:52 AM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102008/2013/REG7/cowboys@eagles#menu=highlights&tab=recap

If that is not the exact replay to the side shows certain replays and I think labeled Ryans INT

Farmersfan
10-23-2013, 09:57 AM
There is no way to tell from that pic if the ball was going to be behind Beasley.

And second, you are 100% wrong on Newbury. He is highly critical of the cowboys. He has ripped them over and over again, esp regarding the draft. And I never heard anything about him 'having access' to the cowboys. He has no affiliation and has never worked for the cowboys.

Your post shows without question that your bias is so ingrained that you are completely incapable of looking at the romo issue objectively. To look at that screen shot an conclude that the pass would have been behind Beasley anyway, even if it was meant for him is laughable. And you obviously don't know much about or haven't listened to Newbury much if you're implying he's a cowboy shill.

My comment wasn't based on that screen print. It was based on what I saw from the video. If you have access to the video can you tell me where on the field the interception was made? I can't get video on this system and am going by memory but I seem to remember that the interception was made almost right at the right side hashmark when looking from Tony Romo's perspective. Is this correct?

Macarthur
10-23-2013, 10:01 AM
My comment wasn't based on that screen print. It was based on what I saw from the video. If you have access to the video can you tell me where on the field the interception was made? I can't get video on this system and am going by memory but I seem to remember that the interception was made almost right at the right side hashmark when looking from Tony Romo's perspective. Is this correct?

Ok. I don't remember because the replay they showed was a terrible angle and I only saw it once.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 10:05 AM

No the int is on the left hashmark

Farmersfan
10-23-2013, 10:09 AM
No the int is on the left hashmark

So where is Tanner and the LB at in this screen print taken immediately before Romo throws the ball?

coach
10-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Why are we focusing on one pick when we shut down a damn good offense and wont a divisional game by 14 points and we are undefeated in our division?

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
So where is Tanner and the LB at in this screen print taken immediately before Romo throws the ball?

that pic is not before he throws the ball it is as the ball is leaving his hand

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Why are we focusing on one pick when we shut down a damn good offense and wont a divisional game by 14 points and we are undefeated in our division?

cause we are all killing time LOL

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 10:14 AM
that pic is not before he throws the ball it is as the ball is leaving his hand

in fact ball has already left his hand

hookandladder
10-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Where can I buy tickets to the Cowboy-Eagles game Dec. 29th, any info. would be great. Thanks.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Where can I buy tickets to the Cowboy-Eagles game Dec. 29th, any info. would be great. Thanks.

stubhub

Emerson1
10-23-2013, 11:55 AM

Party pass if you are cheap.

hookandladder
10-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Party pass if you are cheap.

I will have my party in the parking lot at my Motorhome but I might need a few of them Party pass tickets as well, where do you get them. I have never been to a Cowboy game, also said I would wait till my son can go with me. Well the time is here, so I have no idea what it is like getting tickets. Thanks for the help.

coach
10-23-2013, 01:10 PM

Call Jerry

Farmersfan
10-23-2013, 03:30 PM
I will have my party in the parking lot at my Motorhome but I might need a few of them Party pass tickets as well, where do you get them. I have never been to a Cowboy game, also said I would wait till my son can go with me. Well the time is here, so I have no idea what it is like getting tickets. Thanks for the help.

I have a co-worker with 2 upper level, mid field tickets for that Dallas vs. Philly game that he might be willing to sell. Let me know if you are interested and I will ask him his price and exact location. I can't imagine it would be more than face value..........

Emerson1
10-23-2013, 03:45 PM

Don't do a party pass with a kid. You have to stand and there is a chance he gets trampled when they open the doors. They are readily available on Ticketmaster those don't sell out. If you want actual seats you'll have to buy them from someone reselling them on Stubhub or Ticketmaster has an exchange site too.

hookandladder
10-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Don't do a party pass with a kid. You have to stand and there is a chance he gets trampled when they open the doors. They are readily available on Ticketmaster those don't sell out. If you want actual seats you'll have to buy them from someone reselling them on Stubhub or Ticketmaster has an exchange site too.

Thanks , my son is 19 so that should not be a problem. We have been to many games college and pro but just have never been to a Cowboy game, I would definitely get two regular seats however maybe some party passes for some of his friends. He's an Eagles fan and likes watching Vick, just hard to buy tickets now because you never know when Vick might get hurt.

hookandladder
10-23-2013, 03:59 PM
I have a co-worker with 2 upper level, mid field tickets for that Dallas vs. Philly game that he might be willing to sell. Let me know if you are interested and I will ask him his price and exact location. I can't imagine it would be more than face value..........

PM sent.

GrTigers6
10-23-2013, 04:03 PM
We bought seats last year from stubhub for 40 each. they were at the top of the screen but still weren't bad seats at all. Still enjoyed the game and you could see numbers of players and if not you always have the big screen.

Emerson1
10-23-2013, 04:19 PM
He's an Eagles fan
Sorry, can't help anymore.

Macarthur
10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/story/Xs-and-Os-2-Plays-That-Nearly-Destroyed-?blockID=954071&feedID=10194

Good stuff, again, by sturm. Like the stuff on Wilcox.

Farmersfan
10-24-2013, 02:27 PM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/story/Xs-and-Os-2-Plays-That-Nearly-Destroyed-?blockID=954071&feedID=10194

Good stuff, again, by sturm. Like the stuff on Wilcox.

Good stuff by Sturm! Except as usual he makes assumptions based on his own opinion and then concludes he has the answers because of that. He does mention that Tanner would normally have the option of taking his route inside or outside based on the position of the LB just as Beasley made the same read. Just because Romo read it differently doesn't mean Tanner's read was wrong. The Cowboys and every other NFL team have crossing patterns 5 yards apart all the time and the QB isn't at the mercy of the underneath coverage. The problem was Romo didn't know, didn't see, didn't react to what was in front of him. If you look at the position of the LB then it becomes apparent inside is really the only place Tanner could release to and if Romo had made a quality throw to Tanner he also might have run for a 1st down. Bob Sturm is also making the ASSUMPTION that Romo was screened from seeing Tanner. There was a long progression of events leading up to Romo throwing that pass and the "Screen" was in place for a single frame of film? I also want to point out that Romo made this throw off his back leg. The same short-armed, back leg, bailing motion on the throw that he used when it was intercepted against Denver. Look at the screen shot Sturm uses and it's obvious that if that ball is thrown with any zip at all the LB doesn't get close to it......... Unlike you, Bob Sturm and so many others I do not and will not make ASSUMPTIONS in order to make excuses for this guys who has been making these kinds of bad decisions for years.

Saggy Aggie
10-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Why is it that no matter the outcome of the game, ff will find something to nitpick at romo's performance?

Emerson1
10-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Why is it that no matter the outcome of the game, ff will find something to nitpick at romo's performance?

Cause he used to wear his hat backwards.

Macarthur
10-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Good stuff by Sturm! Except as usual he makes assumptions based on his own opinion and then concludes he has the answers because of that. He does mention that Tanner would normally have the option of taking his route inside or outside based on the position of the LB just as Beasley made the same read. Just because Romo read it differently doesn't mean Tanner's read was wrong. The Cowboys and every other NFL team have crossing patterns 5 yards apart all the time and the QB isn't at the mercy of the underneath coverage. The problem was Romo didn't know, didn't see, didn't react to what was in front of him. If you look at the position of the LB then it becomes apparent inside is really the only place Tanner could release to and if Romo had made a quality throw to Tanner he also might have run for a 1st down. Bob Sturm is also making the ASSUMPTION that Romo was screened from seeing Tanner. There was a long progression of events leading up to Romo throwing that pass and the "Screen" was in place for a single frame of film? I also want to point out that Romo made this throw off his back leg. The same short-armed, back leg, bailing motion on the throw that he used when it was intercepted against Denver. Look at the screen shot Sturm uses and it's obvious that if that ball is thrown with any zip at all the LB doesn't get close to it......... Unlike you, Bob Sturm and so many others I do not and will not make ASSUMPTIONS in order to make excuses for this guys who has been making these kinds of bad decisions for years.

Lol

So everyone in the media and the cowboys are lying about tanner (including tanner himself) just so we can protect romo?

And he did NOT say that tanner had an option route there. Reread that.

It's comical that you THINK sturm is assuming something and then you commence to typing several sentences of your own assumptions as to why romo was probably wrong. There's no way it could have been he 2nd year player that has played exactly 13 snaps on the season fault. It has to be the veteran QB that has been in is same system for 7 years now that made the mistake. Even though everyone in the organization, including the player themselves, explained where the mistake was.

Your incredible bias is making it impossible for you to think rationally.

coach
10-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Lol

So everyone in the media and the cowboys are lying about tanner (including tanner himself) just so we can protect romo?

And he did NOT say that tanner had an option route there. Reread that.

It's comical that you THINK sturm is assuming something and then you commence to typing several sentences of your own assumptions as to why romo was probably wrong. There's no way it could have been he 2nd year player that has played exactly 13 snaps on the season fault. It has to be the veteran QB that has been in is same system for 7 years now that made the mistake. Even though everyone in the organization, including the player themselves, explained where the mistake was.

Your incredible bias is making it impossible for you to think rationally.

Your post makes complete cents and his doesnt make any since, so you are wrong and he is right.

Farmersfan
10-24-2013, 03:43 PM

Probably the exact same reason that no matter the outcome of the game these other guys will find a way to make excuses for Romo..... And I've admitted a million times I don't like Tony Romo. Am I biased about Tony Romo? Of course i am! I don't like him so why would I look for the positives from a guy I don't like and don't feel is a Superbowl quality QB? Every single thing I have ever said about Romo is a FACT. Everything I said about this interception is a fact. I didn't say it wasn't Tanners fault! But I also will not say it was "ALL" Tanners fault and none of Romo's fault like some of you guys are saying. The QB (any QB) has a responsibility to not make the throw that puts his team at a disadvantage. If you want to declare Romo had NO CHANCE to prevent that interception then do so. But then you also would be seen as a complete buffoon. And I am not the person who started all the Romo debating over this single play. I said Romo played horrible pretty much the whole game. It was other people who keeps bringing it back to this single play. I have about 50 other plays that Romo sucked at in this game if you would prefer to debate those......:)

coach
10-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Probably the exact same reason that no matter the outcome of the game these other guys will find a way to make excuses for Romo..... And I've admitted a million times I don't like Tony Romo. Am I biased about Tony Romo? Of course i am! I don't like him so why would I look for the positives from a guy I don't like and don't feel is a Superbowl quality QB? Every single thing I have ever said about Romo is a FACT. Everything I said about this interception is a fact. I didn't say it wasn't Tanners fault! But I also will not say it was "ALL" Tanners fault and none of Romo's fault like some of you guys are saying. The QB (any QB) has a responsibility to not make the throw that puts his team at a disadvantage. If you want to declare Romo had NO CHANCE to prevent that interception then do so. But then you also would be seen as a complete buffoon. And I am not the person who started all the Romo debating over this single play. I said Romo played horrible pretty much the whole game. It was other people who keeps bringing it back to this single play. I have about 50 other plays that Romo sucked at in this game if you would prefer to debate those......:)

50 plays? Lets hear it...

GrTigers6
10-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Probably the exact same reason that no matter the outcome of the game these other guys will find a way to make excuses for Romo..... And I've admitted a million times I don't like Tony Romo. Am I biased about Tony Romo? Of course i am! I don't like him so why would I look for the positives from a guy I don't like and don't feel is a Superbowl quality QB? Every single thing I have ever said about Romo is a FACT. Everything I said about this interception is a fact. I didn't say it wasn't Tanners fault! But I also will not say it was "ALL" Tanners fault and none of Romo's fault like some of you guys are saying. The QB (any QB) has a responsibility to not make the throw that puts his team at a disadvantage. If you want to declare Romo had NO CHANCE to prevent that interception then do so. But then you also would be seen as a complete buffoon. And I am not the person who started all the Romo debating over this single play. I said Romo played horrible pretty much the whole game. It was other people who keeps bringing it back to this single play. I have about 50 other plays that Romo sucked at in this game if you would prefer to debate those......:)Uh Speculations and assumptions are NOT FACT!

Macarthur
10-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Baffoon. Right....

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2013, 05:35 PM

Yet in 4th Q he took Dallas down on the killer drive..and you have said all along if Romo is great till the 4th Q but makes a mistake then it does not matter how he played( i.e Denver)...so in this game he was not sharp until it matterd right?

coach
10-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Where are those 50 plays? or are you just talking out of your ass like you usually do and have nothing to back it up. I thought it was all 'facts'?