PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Bulldog Stadium the most intimidating

mwisnews
09-18-2003, 12:15 AM
I agree with you oldgreendawg that Burnet Bulldog field is the most intimidating. I came up with my grandparents to watch the game last weekend. They played Kid Rock and other music in the pregame warmups. That rocked and then the inflatible tunnel with the loudspeakers saying Burnet's all number one. The taped recording announcer did a good job making the atmosphere scare the other opponents. That rocked and if I were the other team I would be scared. Then the airhorn on the field made it sound even more intimidating when they rushed out on the field. The airhorn was annoying after a while. There was a packed house in the stadium and a bunch of standing ground from the sides were plentiful. If I lived in Bertram or Briggs coming down to Burnet football game would be worth it to travel all that way. I going to say this, if weren't for Bob Shipley and his coaching staff coming here two years ago, this town be just another small Central Texas town. Basically this town would have to depend on the tourists coming down from the train on Saturdays to make Burnet more lively without this football team Burnet has made this town rock. With McGee, Shipley, Levens and the rest of the team has put the town on the map for being recoginzed. On Friday, I see news cameramen on the field taping this game to broadcast to the rest of Central Texas. Even Perry came down to this town. Imagine if Burnet wasn't good, would these people be here?

Rabbit'93
09-18-2003, 12:16 AM
And one time at band camp

CentralTxFan
09-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Rabbit'93:
And one time at band campWTG, couldn't have said it any better, Rabbit!

jerry7
09-18-2003, 12:47 AM
So how is Burnet doing this year?? I hope good after all the talk....

espn1
09-18-2003, 12:52 AM
CentralTxFan:

Rabbit'93:
And one time at band campWTG, couldn't have said it any better, Rabbit!Holla!

jason
09-18-2003, 05:25 AM
jerry7:
So how is Burnet doing this year?? I hope good after all the talk....you're joking...right??

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Jerry7,
We are sure your joking, but to help others
figure out, here's some stats:
Stephen McGee, 1020yds, 8 tds, 4 running
Jordan Shipley, 530+yds receiving, 6 tds, 1 td returning. He's 240 yds short of the all time receiving record . Needs 6 tds more for that all
time receiving record. Also very near the number of receptions all time record. In Central TX we
have the # 1 and 2 receivers in all classifications. Our running back had 67yds at the half last week and was taken out. Stephen has only played 1 full game. He and Jordan are pulled in 3 third quarter. BTW, Stephen has no interceptions, he is the stats leader in all classifications, in central TX. There are 5 outstanding receivers, Jordan and Cody get all the press.

The media camps out and stays the whole game with
their TV cameras. Ty Kuhn, one of the LBs, does a
4.4. This is not the Stephen and Jordan show. It is a well balanced team. Several of the guys are not dating, their dedicating themselves to the
championship season. They take no one for granted.
We have also lost numerous starters, but the replacements step up, and we continue to win. They don't look ahead, just one game at a time. Regardless of Marlin's record now, Burnet knows full well that Marlin will be ready to play, with
or without their starters. We may also be short starters, but not one mention of those losses for
any excuses. Marlin has great personel and great
coaches, they'll be ready, but so will Burnet.

This long message is because so many of you know
and hear of Burnet but never see the stats. Folks,
I'm 56 yrs old, Emory Bellard was was my high school coach, through the years, 5A, 4A and now 3A, I've never seen this kind of TEAM in my life.
The big offensive and defensive line are all men,
not an ounce of fat on any of them, the weight program is second to none.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Glad Burnet is so wonderful and having a great year, but be careful of too much "happiness" before the season begins.....remember upsets occur every Friday nite because any team could beat another team on any given night....and that's a fact. But I do wish you good fortune in your endeavors....Ya Ya!! :)

Rabbit'93
09-18-2003, 10:05 AM
I realize that you guys are excited about your team. That's good and all but the overkill that has popped up on this board as of late is just that, overkill. Everyone who keeps up with HS football, knows that Burnet is good. We know all about Shipley, McGee, and what a great place Burnet is (you guys showed that last year with Corey). I guess what I'm trying to say is, to some of you new guys, we already know.

HotDawg89
09-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Yeah, and some of us who have been here a while know that you already know. Tootin horns doesn't earn a team respect, and I know that. Even if you are tootin a horn "one time at band camp..." now that was funny- I don't care who you are- that was funny! I am still laughing after reading that post! :D

<small>[ September 18, 2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
09-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Dawg I'm glad you understood what I was trying say and didn't take offense to it. In no way am I anti-Burnet. :D

HotDawg89
09-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Rabbit'93:
Dawg I'm glad you understood what I was trying say and didn't take offense to it. In no way am I anti-Burnet. :D Gosh rabbit, I know that! No harm no foul!

dog92
09-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Burnet does have a salty football team, but being one of the most intimidating places to play....I don't think so. I have been there and it is a great place to go and play. There team is pretty intimidating.

MASH4077
09-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Drove thru Burnet on vacation. drove by football field to see where the big bad dogs play. two words................ rinky dink!

Burnet Dawg06
09-18-2003, 04:39 PM
MASH4077:
Drove thru Burnet on vacation. drove by football field to see where the big bad dogs play. two words................ rinky dink!Rinky dink?