PDA

View Full Version : dirty play or just accidental play ?

bulldog82
10-19-2013, 03:07 PM
CL gets called on 3 chop block penalties and we have 2 players out with serious knee injuries ..............makes one wonder !

Ville-D
10-19-2013, 03:24 PM
CL gets called on 3 chop block penalties and we have 2 players out with serious knee injuries ..............makes one wonder !

Had several illegal block penalties (3 I think) called against Alvarado. Lost 1 player to them last year and lost 1 player this year. Don't think it was intentional.

TexMike
10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Hard to say without seeing the videos. I know that kids are often just trying to make a play and it does not compute with them that a teammate is already engaged high when they go low. Or they get confused on assignments and both go to the same player at the same time, but one happens to go low. I have faith that Texas HS coaches are not teaching kids to play unsafely. The way the rule changes are going though I would not be surprised to see low blocking restrictions get even tighter. If it were not for a few major colleges which shall go unnamed because I would not want to call out the service academies ;) blocking low would be illegal already.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Safer if all low blocks were illegal. Really don't see a need for it.

TexMike
10-20-2013, 08:26 AM
It would sure be a heck of a lot easier to officiate

YTBulldogs
10-20-2013, 09:19 AM
It would sure be a heck of a lot easier to officiate

:iagree: