PDA

View Full Version : Wharton (7-1, 3-1) at Bellville (5-2, 2-1)

Scoop27
10-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Will the Brahmas hang one on the Tigers in The Pasture Of Pain?

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 01:03 PM
I think Bellville wins at home by a td. Bellville's D will thwart the Tiger running game and they hold onto the lead to win it. Bellville wins out for the District Championship imo.

Scoop27
10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
The Tigers can bounce back if the put their loss to El Campo behind them

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 11:07 AM
"P O P", not a easy place to play at, and I think Wharton still licking wounds, Bellville by 12,

27-15.

whitelightning5
10-21-2013, 11:20 AM
I will hope for the best on this one. I know Wharton has some good athletes, but I hope they show up with that undisciplined brand of football that I've seen. And I'm kinda offended that WhartonTiger doesn't think that Bellville has much team speed.

BB BULLS
10-21-2013, 11:40 AM
I will hope for the best on this one. I know Wharton has some good athletes, but I hope they show up with that undisciplined brand of football that I've seen. And I'm kinda offended that WhartonTiger doesn't think that Bellville has much team speed.

thats ok WL5 about the speed, we dont have to show the speed unless we need to. the boys on our team do there job therefore there is no need for speed. ie they fill gaps, get off blocks and tackle very well. if you keep the other team in front of you no speed is needed. what did all that speed that Wharton has do for them with El Campo?
discipline and team work wins all the time. bellville by 7. this might all sound stupid but i think you can get what i am trying to say.

whitelightning5
10-21-2013, 11:51 AM
thats ok WL5 about the speed, we dont have to show the speed unless we need to. the boys on our team do there job therefore there is no need for speed. ie they fill gaps, get off blocks and tackle very well. if you keep the other team in front of you no speed is needed. what did all that speed that Wharton has do for them with El Campo?
discipline and team work wins all the time. bellville by 7. this might all sound stupid but i think you can get what i am trying to say.

Makes perfect sense. It just amazes me that someone with all that knowledge failed to notice that 2 of our RBs also participated in the 4x100 at the Texas Relays. Sure it was by default (thanks to Columbus), but we represented the Region. Don't go saying that Columbus is the most athletic or fastest team that you'll face. Im off my soap box....for now.

Here's to keeping everyone in front.

BB BULLS
10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
everyone needs to know that POP will fill up fast so get there early if you want a seat. dont know how well Wharton travels missed last years game. but iknow the Bellville side will be plum full.

Red Bull
10-21-2013, 12:43 PM
This on paper looks to be a good one. A lot on the line with two good teams with a lot to play for. I pick the Brahmas to prevail at the pasture and get the W 35-28.

hookandladder
10-21-2013, 12:48 PM
I see this game being like Bellville's game with Giddings, low scoring. Bellville by a TD.

BB BULLS
10-21-2013, 01:59 PM
you guys have noticed we are throwing the ball alot more lately? with the pass and run we could be dangerous. they are improving every week. think the D has got all the kinks worked out and are playing hard. i am going with hook on this as well low scoring game unless Wharton gets the turnoveritis.

Manso/V8
10-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Last year Wharton had problems defending the slot t.

WhartonTigers
10-22-2013, 08:14 AM

Our receivers blew right past EC defenders ask anyone at the game, the problem was our QB he aired out balls and receivers had to wait on the balls to come. and also penalties. EC never drove down our throat and scored they got big breaks on major penalties.. Some that were IMO Bogus. But i will see how good wharton D is friday. hopefully our Qb has been adjusted to the better teams of the district.

whitelightning5
10-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Our receivers blew right past EC defenders ask anyone at the game, the problem was our QB he aired out balls and receivers had to wait on the balls to come. and also penalties. EC never drove down our throat and scored they got big breaks on major penalties.. Some that were IMO Bogus. But i will see how good wharton D is friday. hopefully our Qb has been adjusted to the better teams of the district.

Hey now. My friend's father worked that game with his crew. They are one of the better crews out of the Houston area. You have a problem with the officials, take that up with Finn. He selected them over the summer.

bird_fan
10-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Just another excuse

OLE'BULL
10-22-2013, 09:40 AM

*** does it matter that they blew past the defenders if the QB cant get it to them?!?!? And can any of them catch? I know and have played with alot of very fast people that weren't any good at football.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Hey now. My friend's father worked that game with his crew. They are one of the better crews out of the Houston area. You have a problem with the officials, take that up with Finn. He selected them over the summer.

WL5, dont let the Wharton Worm get you fired up to bad. i just cant wait till saturday to hear why they lost to Bellville. lets take a poll will it A: QB play, B: ref bad calls, C: def had a bad game or D: the truth that they just got there butt whipped? i dont know which one it will be but I know for sure which one it wont be and that is D

buff4ever
10-22-2013, 10:07 AM
I think that Bellville pulls this one out.

Even though Bellville Sux.

This will be a good game most likely, I just think that Bellville will pull it out in the end.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 10:12 AM

This will be a good game most likely, I just think that Bellville will pull it out in the end.

we sux we beat you guys didnt we? or was that a dream? dont know why you would even say that since your A Giddings fan. what you guys done lately? i try and try to be nice they just want let me.

whitelightning5
10-22-2013, 10:37 AM

Bellville Sux?

You must be getting tired of getting beat up in your LG vs. Gidding thread. Had to come in here stirring up crap huh?

Manso/V8
10-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Bellville Sux?

You must be getting tired of getting beat up in your LG vs. Gidding thread. Had to come in here stirring up crap huh?

He is joking, it goes way back, don't be offended.

whitelightning5
10-22-2013, 10:59 AM
He is joking, it goes way back, don't be offended.

Well...in that case....So do the BUFFS?

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 11:21 AM
*** does it matter that they blew past the defenders if the QB cant get it to them?!?!? And can any of them catch? I know and have played with alot of very fast people that weren't any good at football.

we got boys on the D that can catch let him throw it to them. wont hurt ny feelings.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 11:35 AM
can one of you get the stats for both teams? i been trying to find them but dont know where to look, or tell me where to get them.

Scoop27
10-22-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=178&SchoolID=&Season=2013&DistrictID=&SearchDate=10%2F22%2F13&SearchDateEnd=10%2F22%2F13&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=168&SchoolID=&Season=2013&DistrictID=&SearchDate=10%2F22%2F13&SearchDateEnd=10%2F22%2F13&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=178&SchoolID=&Season=2013&DistrictID=&SearchDate=10%2F22%2F13&SearchDateEnd=10%2F22%2F13&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=168&SchoolID=&Season=2013&DistrictID=&SearchDate=10%2F22%2F13&SearchDateEnd=10%2F22%2F13&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

Thanks Scoop! Bellville has almost a 1000 more total yards than Wharton. all that speed must not be getting loose on anybody. heck just one of our running backs almost has more yards then them

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 02:44 PM
where you at Whartontiger? have you gone missing again?

Weebe
10-22-2013, 03:19 PM

Wharton had 65 total yards and this clown is still acting like Wharton was the better team and should have won the game.

El Campo has played against some really bad teams this year (Waller, Rudder, Royal, Bay City) and all of them had more than 65 yards against our defense.

Manso/V8
10-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Wharton had 65 total yards and this clown is still acting like Wharton was the better team and should have won the game.

El Campo has played against some really bad teams this year (Waller, Rudder, Royal, Bay City) and all of them had more than 65 yards against our defense.

Yeah, but those were a really fast 65 yards.

cards4me
10-22-2013, 09:50 PM

If anyone would consider that one of the better crews in the Houston Chapter . The chapter is in deep trouble. These guys were not very good for either team. Mechanics were not good, missed calls, they even allowed a dead ball infraction to continue , when the play should have been stopped. They missed some very obvious calls. By the way both coaches have to agree on the officials. EC played a good game Wharton did not . I think most people would agree with that in Wharton. What one person (Wharton Tigers) thinks does not mean everyone thinks the same thing.

speedbump
10-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks Scoop! Bellville has almost a 1000 more total yards than Wharton. all that speed must not be getting loose on anybody. heck just one of our running backs almost has more yards then them

Those stats aren't accurate. They are missing three Wharton games and one Bellville game. Won't matter much anyhow. Bellville 27 Wharton track team 17

Manso/V8
10-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Well...in that case....So do the BUFFS?

That's the spirit!

BB BULLS
10-23-2013, 06:17 AM
Yeah, but those were a really fast 65 yards.

(lamo) now thats funny

The Bull #40
10-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I think WhartonTigers is the lone wolf in Wharton still chirping that the Tigers are the best in the District. After El Campo beat them handily, I hope they come out hungover and we beat them by 40+. I think after this week the playoff picture becomes a little clearer.

BB BULLS
10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
one more day folks and its on

maestro
10-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I think Bellville's senior class is outstanding, always have been. And just remember, their stud qb is now at East Bernard. Not many teams could have recovered from that.

That said, wharton's senior class has competed with Bellville's senior class and never shied away. Whs will need that kind of leadership Friday night.

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 06:31 PM
This is a very interesting game not just for D25 but D26 as well. I will be paying attention to this one closely. It may determine who the Leps meet in round 1, Bellville or EC. Of course the Leps will have to take care of business on their end as well. Whatever the outcome in the Pasture of Pain it will be a fine game.

Scoop27
10-24-2013, 07:09 PM
I've always believed that the Tigers play better on the road than than they do at home. I just felt that they were under pressure last week against El Campo. Not to take anything away from the Ricebirds. Don't think the Tigers will get shut out tomorrow night

speedbump
10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
This is a very interesting game not just for D25 but D26 as well. I will be paying attention to this one closely. It may determine who the Leps meet in round 1, Bellville or EC. Of course the Leps will have to take care of business on their end as well. Whatever the outcome in the Pasture of Pain it will be a fine game.

Leps will most likely play Sealy in the first round.

bird_fan
10-25-2013, 03:49 AM
Bellville for sure was scouting the Tigers and Ricebirds playing aaaaaand learned a lot about what to do to stop the Tigers Bellville wins

Scoop27
10-25-2013, 04:48 AM
I don't put a lot of credence that scouting a team's game or watching a film gives them that more of an advantage. You still have to go out and play the game and execute. I know most of the Class A and 2A schools don't have extra staff that can go out and scout a game. The do probably trade films.

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 07:28 AM
game day folks any last words? Bellville 28 Wharton 21

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Leps will most likely play Sealy in the first round.

Only if they beat one of these three: Columbus, EC or Bellville. I don't see that happening. Columbus shuts the door tonight. EC locks it next week for Sealy. Then the next week Bellville throws away the key.:D

OLE'BULL
10-25-2013, 08:03 AM
I've always believed that the Tigers play better on the road than than they do at home. I just felt that they were under pressure last week against El Campo. Not to take anything away from the Ricebirds. Don't think the Tigers will get shut out tomorrow night

They will be under pressure tonight also, as will Bellville.

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Only if they beat one of these three: Columbus, EC or Bellville. I don't see that happening. Columbus shuts the door tonight. EC locks it next week for Sealy. Then the next week Bellville throws away the key.:D

i think Sealy might suprise some folks tonight.

WhartonTigers
10-25-2013, 08:10 AM
I was in Bellville yesterday for the Jr. High games, man you better bring a whole can of mosquito spray. THOSE ARE HUGE MOSQUITOS.....

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 08:21 AM
I was in Bellville yesterday for the Jr. High games, man you better bring a whole can of mosquito spray. THOSE ARE HUGE MOSQUITOS.....

hahaha, you better stop at Walmart on your way to the game and see if they have any Brahma spray. (LOL)
lets just hope for a good clean game and may the best team win.

whitelightning5
10-25-2013, 08:58 AM
I think Bellville's senior class is outstanding, always have been. And just remember, their stud qb is now at East Bernard. Not many teams could have recovered from that.

That said, wharton's senior class has competed with Bellville's senior class and never shied away. Whs will need that kind of leadership Friday night.

What stud QB are you referring to? Aschenbeck? Fine player. Someone who never played a single snap on varsity in Bellville. May have started at QB for us this year, but to call him "our stud" is a bit off, given that he never played on our varsity team. He's doing good things in EB though.

Scoop27
10-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Aschenbeck is a stud and took several snaps last year at QB when EB won state and Slanina was used as a receiver. He's a great defensive player as well. Saw him play twice this year and he had outstanding games. Doesn't take many snaps as EB coach Jerry Long takes him out early in the 3rd qtr after the Brahmas take big leads. He led the team in INT's last year

whitelightning5
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Aschenbeck is a stud and took several snaps last year at QB when EB won state and Slanina was used as a receiver. He's a great defensive player as well. Saw him play twice this year and he had outstanding games. Doesn't take many snaps as EB coach Jerry Long takes him out early in the 3rd qtr after the Brahmas take big leads. He led the team in INT's last year

The Aschenbeck's are relatives. And I agree. I guess the point that I was trying to make was.....he never played for Bellville (at the varsity level). To call him our stud QB is a bit off. He is a stud QB, but it isnt like he was a 2 year starter for Bellville and then left for EB.

maestro
10-25-2013, 12:28 PM
What stud QB are you referring to? Aschenbeck? Fine player. Someone who never played a single snap on varsity in Bellville. May have started at QB for us this year, but to call him "our stud" is a bit off, given that he never played on our varsity team. He's doing good things in EB though.

Probably a poor adjective on my part, but I was referring to the fact that he was the senior slated qb for this fine group.
Many 3a schools could not handle someone like that moving away

Manso/V8
10-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Those huge mosquitos are only on the visitor side.........we have been keep the nearby ditch/breeding area full for the last week.
Royal does the same thing!

Manso/V8
10-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Here is to a good, clean, injury free game tonight!
Brahmas by 7.

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned but the Wharton Cheerleaders have been banned from tonight's game.

Last week they made goody bags for the players during Homecoming. Among the things inside the bags was a condom for each player.

speedbump
10-25-2013, 05:18 PM

It will happen tonight.

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned but the Wharton Cheerleaders have been banned from tonight's game.

Last week they made goody bags for the players during Homecoming. Among the things inside the bags was a condom for each player.

not big deal they dont play but i did see it channel 13 news that is just crazy

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't put a lot of credence that scouting a team's game or watching a film gives them that more of an advantage. You still have to go out and play the game and execute. I know most of the Class A and 2A schools don't have extra staff that can go out and scout a game. The do probably trade films.

That was the most coherent post I've ever read from scoop...

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2013, 05:23 PM

2nd coherent post. Has someone gotten ahold of scoop's account?

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2013, 05:24 PM

LOL, classy ladies...

Scoop27
10-25-2013, 05:35 PM
There was a story on cheerleaders on Channel 11 news out of Houston at 5 p.m.

whitelightning5
10-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Let's here it this week WhartonTiger. What happened?

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 10:13 PM
we know who is the best team now

Red Bull
10-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Bellville was the better team during the game and after. Not sure who started what but the Wharton players fighting each other was a mess.

maestro
10-26-2013, 04:47 AM
What?????

OMG

speedbump
10-26-2013, 08:02 AM
It will happen tonight.

Let me know if you need a tip or two about D25.

BB BULLS
10-26-2013, 05:31 PM
well guess WhartonTiger is only a fan when they are winning. also he should be proud of they way his team acted after the game last night it was crazy, guess they cant handle losing. well thats what you get from Wharton very classy you should be a very proud fan. that falls on the coaching they are getting.

Weebe
10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Sounds about par for the course for Wharton.

Scoop27
10-26-2013, 09:15 PM
I guess Wharton can still make the playoffs even with a loss to Royal next week?

speedbump
10-26-2013, 10:05 PM
I guess Wharton can still make the playoffs even with a loss to Royal next week?

No - three losses won't get in.