PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum @ Gonzales

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Should be a good one.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Mods, can you please place that other thread by pacdaddy with this poll thread of the Ykm/GZ game? Thank you.

Snotbubbles
10-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Better contain Apache QB#22. If he get's behind that line, watch out. Breaks the corner on ya, gone. Force him to throw, best option. Good luck in your efforts.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Can a mod please hook the other Gonzales/Yoakum thread to this one? Thank you.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes, can a mod please hook both threads together please. Thank you.

Dog_e_styl
10-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Better contain Apache QB#22. If he get's behind that line, watch out. Breaks the corner on ya, gone. Force him to throw, best option. Good luck in your efforts.

Yes, 22 loves to run the ball and is very comfy behind that line leading him. Need to handle those lead blockers first, then make the friendly tackle. Job #1 I would say. Make him throw, if we can. Less deadly slinging it. Major task ahead.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Yes, 22 loves to run the ball and is very comfy behind that line leading him. Need to handle those lead blockers first, then make the friendly tackle. Job #1 I would say. Make him throw, if we can. Less deadly slinging it. Major task ahead.

Don't forget about #32 D.J., very much under the radar and a power runner. He also will get his yards.

This is a type of game where, I believe, there will be many different weapons on both teams. Hopefully it will be what I call a nail bitter (close game on for both teams) type of game, and not a blow out for either team.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 08:54 PM
#32 looked good against the Leps. He is a power runner but has the speed as well.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Hopefully it will be what I call a nail bitter (close game on for both teams) type of game, and not a blow out for either team.

Well P'daddy. I have hoped that the past two years (when my son played). But, got taken out behind the old wood shed instead. Just drilled. I still believe, this is a very special and talented Bulldog team. And, as I said from the start, one of our best in many years. That said, if they avoid the TO, they can play with anyone IMO. Self-inflicted turnovers return, they can get beat by anyone. Cant give these final opponents 3 or four more times with the ball then you. Their too good to make it up against them.

Dog_e_styl
10-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Regards to that wood shed YT, we're "coming to take it". GZ had their way for awhile now. Our turn.

Yoakum 38
GZ 20

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Regards to that wood shed YT, we're "coming to take it". GZ had their way for awhile now. Our turn.

Yoakum 38
GZ 20

It was a cannon, not a wood shed nut.:spitlol:

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 11:43 PM

Yoakum 38
GZ 20

We don't let go of that cannon without a fight. So be prepared. :tisk:

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 11:48 PM
We don't let go of that cannon without a fight. So be prepared. :tisk:

Tell 'em P'daddy. But, I think he was coming for the wood shed. LOL. We've tried that cannon gig, and didn't work out well.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 11:55 PM
It was a cannon, not a wood shed nut.:spitlol:

Hey YT, saw some of that Yoakum/Cuero game. Cuero looked alittle sluggish, and a bit small. Maybe not in person but on the computer it sure did. I almost wanted to say now I know how yall had your way with them, but then I saw #9 :hairpunk: He sure does like to run that ball and also has great skill running that ball. He is going to be one of the players to be keyed on that is for sure. Oh, he can also throw that ball pretty darn well. Who is that running back? He also has great skill along with some other ones that rotate in? Boy I tell you this game is really going to go down to the wire, if we can contain those threats. If not. It looks like it might be a long night for us. Our D is really going to have to stiffen up and play a solid game if we want to come out of this with a W.

Snotbubbles
10-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Tell 'em P'daddy. But, I think he was coming for the wood shed. LOL. We've tried that cannon gig, and didn't work out well.

We (Hurricanes) tried to come for that cannon one year and pull that rusty thing back to the city and display it at the Alamo, when we had a descent team 3 or 4 years ago. Wow, Gonsalez whooped our ass bad. Canes kinda cooled things when they went to the sticks after that.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 11:59 PM
We (Hurricanes) tried to come for that cannon one year and pull that rusty thing back to the city and display it at the Alamo, when we had a descent team 3 or 4 years ago. Wow, Gonsalez whooped our ass bad. Canes kinda cooled things when they went to the sticks after that.

Snot, How is the Canes doing? :wave:

YTBulldogs
10-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Hey YT, saw some of that Yoakum/Cuero game. Cuero looked alittle sluggish, and a bit small. Maybe not in person but on the computer it sure did. I almost wanted to say now I know how yall had your way with them, but then I saw #9 :hairpunk: He sure does like to run that ball and also has great skill running that ball. He is going to be one of the players to be keyed on that is for sure. Oh, he can also throw that ball pretty darn well. Who is that running back? He also has great skill along with some other ones that rotate in? Boy I tell you this game is really going to go down to the wire, if we can contain those threats. If not. It looks like it might be a long night for us. Our D is really going to have to stiffen up and play a solid game if we want to come out of this with a W.

Our FB, was Terrance Hall. He had 90'ish yards. Other back was #10, TJ Hights, who also had some nice yardage. He'll play some WR too. We usually run 4 or five during the game. Tre' Hights, the QB is a awesome athlete. He won some gold at state track meet as a soph last year. He competes in high jump, long jump, triple jump. Play's hoop's too. Just a great kid no one around the state has really heard of. Yet.

pacdaddy
10-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Our FB, was Terrance Hall. He had 90'ish yards. Other back was #10, TJ Hights, who also had some nice yardage. He'll play some WR too. We usually run 4 or five during the game. Tre' Hights, the QB is a awesome athlete. He won some gold at state track meet as a soph last year. He competes in high jump, long jump, triple jump. Play's hoop's too. Just a great kid no one around the state has really heard of. Yet.

Well I tell you what, there going to hear of him this year. He has some great ability. It looks like he could get some offers too.

Snotbubbles
10-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Snot, How is the Canes doing? :wave:

Pretty good. 1-6, winless in district and could make the playoffs still. Is that crazy or what. Descent showing against Somerset last night. 32-20 and out gained them in yardage. Why you think Lock jumped to play us on realignment? We sux. LOL. Like them schools knocking them 4A doors down to play them. Lockheart, VE, VW, Beeville, etc. Come on.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Well I tell you what, there going to hear of him this year. He has some great ability. It looks like he could get some offers too.

Hope so. He is a great, smart kid. Raised well and very pleasant. Well deserving if he get's them offers.

pacdaddy
10-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Pretty good. 1-6, winless in district and could make the playoffs still. Is that crazy or what. Descent showing against Somerset last night. 32-20 and out gained them in yardage. Why you think Lock jumped to play us on realignment? We sux. LOL. Like them schools knocking them 4A doors down to play them. Lockheart, VE, VW, Beeville, etc. Come on.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hope yall do make the playoffs.

pacdaddy
10-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Hope so. He is a great, smart kid. Raised well and very pleasant. Well deserving if he get's them offers.

After yall make the playoffs, he will get he name out there. Good luck to him and to the rest of the team YT. There is a lot of practicing to do for the week for both teams. This game to important for both teams.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2013, 12:16 AM

Snot, you said you stay near LV/Floresville part time. FV looks to be getting better (5-2, 3-1) and I see the town has more move ins. Black Gold is good to them. So I hear. But, I'd like to see FV added to our ND schedule. I agree, them Victoria schools are in sad shape and you don't gain nothing drumming them. Even if they are 4A. And, I see FV has spent big money to upgrade their facilities. Thoughts?

YTBulldogs
10-20-2013, 12:31 AM
After yall make the playoffs, he will get he name out there. Good luck to him and to the rest of the team YT. There is a lot of practicing to do for the week for both teams. This game to important for both teams.

No playoff talk around here yet p'daddy. We are just on step 3 of the process. 3 is about as tough as it get's too, your Apaches. Dog's done great buying into the mission they set. Even when they we're 1-3, looked like a M*A*S*H unit at the field house, they never had second thoughts of that mission vision. They knew when they got healthy, they'd compete seriously. We've seen early what could happen should a player or two or six go down.:( So, that's why I can't say we'll be in the playoffs. No secret, we have the most 2-way starters in district. But to the kid's credit, they knew that would happen, and got their tails into shape. I will also add, all those injury's developed some second stringers into some usable series spellers. So, the primary starters are getting rested more than we thought they would. And, the on field production isn't dipping too bad when they are resting.

SHSBulldog00
10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
For my Yoakum Friends

http://youtu.be/zpBkUY62TtM

SHSBulldog00
10-20-2013, 03:06 PM
For you English only folks

http://youtu.be/sshhb5ISHvI

pacdaddy
10-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Ok, Today is Monday. It is time to be focused and work on the things to make us better for this game against the bulldogs. Containing the qb is going to crucial. Putting ultimate pressure is going to be key. If he tries to scramble, linebackers will be there to put the hit on him. No choice but to throw.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Hate when we are faced with that option, stop a certain player. Did ok with that first assignment Friday, against Cuero's Hopkins. But last year in Rd 1 of playoffs, Wharton QB was that targeted player. He even had a freaking broke leg. LOL. So, feel for ya P'daddy. One of those damn if you do, damn if ya don't. Reason he run's more than throws currently, look at those lanes created. Coach Mann (8.2/40 yard dash and QB's coach, Coach Hick's right hand man) could run through them. So, no need to throw it when the sea's part on the roll out. Take the sure 10 before ya is our method.

Tre' has averaged about 100 yards per game in the air. No INT's on the season, handful of TD's. Only around 80 attempts has been thrown. I will say, this offense is capable of a mega production via the air, "if" forced to the air.

It's no surprise in game plans for the Dogs and Apaches. Job #1 for both teams, stop the QB from running, and take your chances against the pass. Once again, like Cuero---I see our FB having success with all the eyes on Tre'. Nightmare to prepare for this year. Pick your poison.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Ok, Today is Monday. It is time to be focused and work on the things to make us better

Monday practice was ok. I look for a much better Tuesday though. They know the game plan now. They are fully focused on GZ, that is clear. No Gob "W" lingering, and I don't see it being carried over this year when we visit the Reservation on Friday. Step 3 of the mission will require winning the day on Tuesday, Wed and Thursday.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Ok, Today is Monday. It is time to be focused and work on the things to make us better for this game against the bulldogs. Containing the qb is going to crucial. Putting ultimate pressure is going to be key. If he tries to scramble, linebackers will be there to put the hit on him. No choice but to throw.That one time they don't get there he's gone for six! jfyi

hookandladder
10-21-2013, 08:03 PM
This game is very hard for me to predict with Gonzales not playing Smithville this year yet, I have seen Smithville this year and they are the weakest team I have seen in many years. Very hard for me to understand how Yoakum did not blow them out even with turnovers being a factor, something just does not add up. We have played Gonzales and they are definitely heads and shoulders above Smithville, so with that being said I have to go with Gonzales by 2 TD's.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Yoakum by 2 tds. I think Yoakum will be able to pass on them and the qb break a couple of long runs for td's.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 08:13 PM
This game is very hard for me to predict with Gonzales not playing Smithville this year yet, I have seen Smithville this year and they are the weakest team I have seen in many years. Very hard for me to understand how Yoakum did not blow them out even with turnovers being a factor, something just does not add up. We have played Gonzales and they are definitely heads and shoulders above Smithville, so with that being said I have to go with Gonzales by 2 TD's.

Two of SV scores were given to them via TO. How they'd put 13 on ya'll H&L?

SMT -- Cade Courtemanche Fumble recovery (kick failed), 9:23, 1st.
SMT -- Khalil McCathern 63-yard fumble return (kick), 7:53, 1st.

But, until we prove we can beat GZ following a Cuero win, I understand your pick against us. I hope it's wrong, so we can battle at 3-0 against ya'll here the following week. We match up well.

warpath
10-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Just for the record Snot... The SH coach called GZ looking for a game.. GZ had a week 2 and were dropped by that team on realignment day.. It was a last resort to play on week 5.

buff4ever
10-22-2013, 10:12 AM
I think this game honestly depends on which yoakum team shows up. Yoakum is hard to get my mind around. The look good, then bad, then really bad, then pretty good again. Yoakum, I think has the talent to win this game, but I think that Gonzales will take it in the end.

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Two of SV scores were given to them via TO. How they'd put 13 on ya'll H&L?

SMT -- Cade Courtemanche Fumble recovery (kick failed), 9:23, 1st.
SMT -- Khalil McCathern 63-yard fumble return (kick), 7:53, 1st.

But, until we prove we can beat GZ following a Cuero win, I understand your pick against us. I hope it's wrong, so we can battle at 3-0 against ya'll here the following week. We match up well.

With Kalil at QB he will break loose once or twice, my question pertained to you guys not scoring at will against Smithville defense. We never punted till we put up 69 points midway thru the 3rd quarter, like Buff stated this game will depend on which Yoakum team shows up. If you guys play your best game , then no doubt Yoakum can win.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 10:34 AM
my question pertained to you guys not scoring at will against Smithville defense.

Guess we sux then.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Boy's better "win the day" today. Cause I think we got outscored yesterday.

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Guess we sux then.

I would say your offense sux against them, would not say your team sux. Put it on Gonzales in Gonzales , then we will have a battle. Gotta love high school ball, just never know what can happen.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 11:33 AM
I would say your offense sux against them, would not say your team sux. Put it on Gonzales in Gonzales , then we will have a battle. Gotta love high school ball, just never know what can happen.

:iagree:

bd62
10-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Last yr Yoakum beats Cuero in Cuero and then gets there butt kicked by
Gonzales in Yoakum. Then Gonzales gets there butt kicked by Cuero in
Gonzales. I think Gonzales had some kids out but 42-14 in Gonzales is crazy.

This year I expect more of the same after seeing how Yoakum
just dominated Cuero and not showing any sign of that type of
Play in first 5 games. Believe me Cuero coaches were in shock
On how good the Yoakum defense was playing . Everybody knew
Yoakum could score average 35 points per game but giving up 33
Points per game before Cuero game. So let's see if the Yoakum team
we saw Friday shows up in Gonzales. If they do then it will be a hell of
a game because Gonzales will give them all they got to stay in the hunt.

I seen 4 Yoakum games and except for Timmy B and possibly "2 that's the same
Guys that's been in there. Timmy is a great player on both sides of ball. "6 , "12 and
" 21 have been there in all 4 games. YT what other kids were out.

bd62
10-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I know Reagan Jacobs, Hunter Smith and Will Thurmond are out for year. But what
guys came back from injuries besides Timmy. I sure there are some I just don't know who
they are especially in secondary.

bd62
10-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Repeated post so deleted this one. Sorry

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 03:09 PM
I know Reagan Jacobs, Hunter Smith and Will Thurmond are out for year. But what
guys came back from injuries besides Timmy. I sure there are some I just don't know who
they are especially in secondary.

WT played against ya'll Friday. He's not out for the year. First action since a fracture in Bellville scrimmage. He'll help bolster up that secondary again. All back finally. As we thought in the off season. Now, they are getting reps together as a unit, knowing what each is capable of doing, and starting to click back there. You know playing as a unit, helps being in there with the same faces each game. TB is MAJOR boost to the Dogs on both sides of the ball.

Big blow is losing Long for the year. Senior year, he was set to have a break out year IMO at WR. Crain kid, another senior (OL) also out for the year. He would of added quality depth to the line at this point. And of course Jacobs, another senior out for the year. Toughest loss. Super kid, potential all-district player on both sides of the ball and a sweet foot on PAT/FG's.

bd62
10-22-2013, 03:17 PM
WT played against ya'll Friday. He's not out for the year. First action since a fracture in Bellville scrimmage. Help bolster up that secondary.

Tks YT. Did not notice Will in there. Glad he made it back because he can really help this week against Gonzales.

pacdaddy
10-22-2013, 03:40 PM
That one time they don't get there he's gone for six! jfyi

Oh, they will be there I can assure you.:evilgrin:

pacdaddy
10-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Day two looking real good. The whole tribe fired up. Everyone going 100%.:clap:

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Day two looking real good. The whole tribe fired up. Everyone going 100%.:clap:

We too had a great Tuesday. Fully focused in preps. Dogs won Tuesday. Carry it to Weds now. No let down. Best team to execute, and eliminates the miscues and big plays---wins this one.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh, they will be there I can assure you.:evilgrin:

I've seen 8 in box to stop him at times this year, and Tre still get's it. Especially when we quick snap it on short yardage on a QB sneak under center, right up the gut. But, I will say in fairness, it wasn't GZ quality attempting to get him contained. I can see a 300 yards passing from him this week if need be. All thriving on this opportunity and totally understands this games importance. Big game for the Dog's and what they want to do, win a district championship.

pacdaddy
10-22-2013, 08:06 PM
I've seen 8 in box to stop him at times this year, and Tre still get's it. Especially when we quick snap it on short yardage on a QB sneak under center, right up the gut. But, I will say in fairness, it wasn't GZ quality attempting to get him contained. I can see a 300 yards passing from him this week if need be. All thriving on this opportunity and totally understands this games importance. Big game for the Dog's and what they want to do, win a district championship.

YT, there is know doubt that he will get his yardage, but will it be enough to win the game? We will have to wait and see.:thinking:

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 09:04 PM
YT, there is know doubt that he will get his yardage, but will it be enough to win the game? We will have to wait and see.:thinking:

:iagree:

Dog_e_styl
10-23-2013, 11:38 AM
YT, where's your weekly Dog score of this game at?

YTBulldogs
10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
YT, where's your weekly Dog score of this game at?

I always make it after Weds practices Dog. Of course I'll never pick against them, but--might make it close if they had a bad Weds. A close score, that's my indication, we might have trouble on Friday. I like to see the vibes (mainly those standing around, who will play, but--not start. Are they focused, or just listening to the tunes being blasted over the PA) as they fine tune Coach Kornegay's game plan. IMO, they didn't win the day at Monday practice, Tuesday they kicked butt, now--I need to see the key practice, Weds. Are they farting around, content with a Cuero win, or--all on board for that district title. Unlike the prior years, I have not seen a let down following a win over them Gob's. Today will be the best indicator of how they'll perform on Friday. Need another one like last week. No fumbles on exchanges, snaps that allows our fast paced reads to take place, completed routine passes, defenders flying to the ball, and our kicker making his FG on the first attempt. I have a goofy prediction system, but--it's often pretty accurate of how we'll perform.

Dog_e_styl
10-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I always make it after Weds practices Dog. Of course I'll never pick against them, but--might make it close if they had a bad Weds. A close score, that's my indication, we might have trouble on Friday. I like to see the vibes (mainly those standing around, who will play, but--not start. Are they focused, or just listening to the tunes being blasted over the PA) as they fine tune Coach Kornegay's game plan. IMO, they didn't win the day at Monday practice, Tuesday they kicked butt, now--I need to see the key practice, Weds. Are they farting around, content with a Cuero win, or--all on board for that district title. Unlike the prior years, I have not seen a let down following a win over them Gob's. Today will be the best indicator of how they'll perform on Friday. Need another one like last week. No fumbles on exchanges, snaps that allows our fast paced reads to take place, completed routine passes, defenders flying to the ball, and our kicker making his FG on the first attempt. I have a goofy prediction system, but--it's often pretty accurate of how we'll perform.

We all have our methods I guess. :vrycnfsd: I see us getting better, while others might have already peaked. Bet you miss not being able to see them on game day?

YTBulldogs
10-23-2013, 12:20 PM
We all have our methods I guess. :vrycnfsd: I see us getting better, while others might have already peaked. Bet you miss not being able to see them on game day?

Kills me not seeing them on game day. Thus, I get my K-9 fix M-Thurs, seeing them at practice. Good part being retired, I have the time. I know, I need a life. LOL. Not sure my method of how they'll perform is crazy though Dog. It's pretty apparent really to me. It takes the entire team to win a game, and if those standing around during practice are not into it, they'll fail when they get in the game on Friday. We use 95% of this entire team. So, all aspects/players are important in preparations.

If we get past GZ Friday, I think I feel a cold coming on for the LaGrange game. **cough, cough** :ack!:

Regards to getting better. Told ya, when we get healthy, we'll be VERY good. It's like in MLB at the trade deadline. We just got a few stars from the American League, over on our National League team for the stretch drive.:2thumbsup

Might add, thanks to HUDL, I see the same game as you, just not in person.;)

Pudlugger
10-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Well YT how'd it go in practice today? Are the Bulldogs ready to rumble? This is going to be a big game. Both teams need the win, Gonzales more so than Yoakum. Two traditional rivals fighting it out. This is an exciting time in D26.

pacdaddy
10-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Today, practice went as I expected full force and everybody focused at the task at hand. The tribe turned it up to a higher level on hump day. Hopefully they take it to another notch on Friday. The D was phenomenal today. It looks like the "Come and Take It," if you can slogan is fully at hand.

YTBulldogs
10-23-2013, 08:18 PM
They looked pretty good today. Fully aware of what's at stake here in regards to what they want to accomplish. If they execute and protect the ball, they'll be fine. I see them being very successful in throwing. Maybe a 300 yarder performance? No secret, GZ will try to stop our running. I think we will still be successful running and throwing. With all the focus on our "O", our "D" will be the surprise here IMO. They know we must set the tone at KO. Unlike the prior 2 years, when the Apaches roughed us up early, and stepped on our throats, when we were down. It will be a war for 3 quarters. Dog's pull away late here and takes it,

34-12.

GU_81
10-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Lone Star Football Network Game Simulation: Gonzales 51 Yoakum 44

Game Recap: The 2013 Gonzales Apaches got the best of the 2013 Yoakum Bulldogs in a very close battle. The 2013 Yoakum Bulldogs played a very hard fought game but just fell short in the end. All in all, the fans did get to see a lot of scoring in this game.

Dog_e_styl
10-23-2013, 11:21 PM
They looked pretty good today. Fully aware of what's at stake here in regards to what they want to accomplish. If they execute and protect the ball, they'll be fine. I see them being very successful in throwing. Maybe a 300 yarder performance? No secret, GZ will try to stop our running. I think we will still be successful running and throwing. With all the focus on our "O", our "D" will be the surprise here IMO. They know we must set the tone at KO. Unlike the prior 2 years, when the Apaches roughed us up early, and stepped on our throats, when we were down. It will be a war for 3 quarters. Dog's pull away late here and takes it,

34-12.

Well, I guess you seen something you liked this week YT. Of course, I'm sure GZ is preparing just as good. Truth be told, I'll take a 1 pointer our way. Not a swinging richard gave us a shot at winning district, and we need this one before we can realistic consider that task.

YTBulldogs
10-23-2013, 11:49 PM
That "D" just looked crisp, alert, quick and finally had 11 guys swarming all week. Some finally got some nasty in them. Turn it on, then turn it off after the game finally sank in. Been awhile since I seen that. Comes a time, you have to stop a quality opponent and not always fall back on your "O" to outscore them. I think they have a chip on their shoulder not getting any pub. Old School Bode want's to show we can stop quality teams too. The rotation keep's them fresh, and no drop off when the backup's spell the starters. It all comes together this Friday for the Dog defense IMO. Special teams will up their game too. Last few games, I think we've had TD's returned on us. Better ball placement by the kicker/punter, along with some motivated kamikaze crazy's, willing to sacrifice for the cause---might help this week. They were going 100 to nothing downfield, then breaking down, in the hour session of special team's today. Never seen so much time focused on that. Dog's must stop those points being placed up without the chains even being set. Make opponents drive for them. In a close game, that could be the difference for sure.

Couple this with a offense clicking, and you are due your best game thus far. No dis-respect prediction. GZ has whooped our butts badly the past two years. I just see this game being a very aggressive, discipline, 48 minute war. And, not one word was mentioned of LaGrange or Cuero. All I kept hearing is, "we ain't done nothing yet", and "win the day" before they went to work. They are ready for Step #3 of the mission, and that's all. They have bought in.

Plus, it's nice being healthy.:thumbsup:

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Any of you GZ followers know the district records of your 9th and JV'ers?

Our 9th is 2-0 in district
JV is 1-1.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Texas Ford Dealers
Week #7 Texas High School Player of the Week recipients!

Class 5-A: Kyler Murray, Jr., QB, Allen
Class 4-A: Austin Walter, Sr., RB, Crosby
Class 3-A: Tre’Vontae Hights, Jr., QB/DB, Yoakum
Class 2-A: Paten Snell, Soph., QB, Scurry-Rosser
Class 1-A: Hunter Lile, Jr., QB, Booker
Private Schools: Luke Alves, Sr., RB, Ft. Worth Nolan Catholic

Congrats Tre'. Keep it going.

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Keep on truckin' Tre

bd62
10-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Texas Ford Dealers
Week #7 Texas High School Player of the Week recipients!

Class 5-A: Kyler Murray, Jr., QB, Allen
Class 4-A: Austin Walter, Sr., RB, Crosby
Class 3-A: Tre’Vontae Hights, Jr., QB/DB, Yoakum
Class 2-A: Paten Snell, Soph., QB, Scurry-Rosser
Class 1-A: Hunter Lile, Jr., QB, Booker
Private Schools: Luke Alves, Sr., RB, Ft. Worth Nolan Catholic

Congrats Tre'. Keep it going.

Congs Tre. The state is finding out what everyone in 263a already knew

Lombardi
10-24-2013, 01:44 PM
2010- GZ 41-Y 16
2011-GZ 33-Y 0
2012-GZ 48 Y 20 Hopefully it will be a closer game this year
That "D" just looked crisp, alert, quick and finally had 11 guys swarming all week. Some finally got some nasty in them. Turn it on, then turn it off after the game finally sank in. Been awhile since I seen that. Comes a time, you have to stop a quality opponent and not always fall back on your "O" to outscore them. I think they have a chip on their shoulder not getting any pub. Old School Bode want's to show we can stop quality teams too. The rotation keep's them fresh, and no drop off when the backup's spell the starters. It all comes together this Friday for the Dog defense IMO. Special teams will up their game too. Last few games, I think we've had TD's returned on us. Better ball placement by the kicker/punter, along with some motivated kamikaze crazy's, willing to sacrifice for the cause---might help this week. They were going 100 to nothing downfield, then breaking down, in the hour session of special team's today. Never seen so much time focused on that. Dog's must stop those points being placed up without the chains even being set. Make opponents drive for them. In a close game, that could be the difference for sure.

Couple this with a offense clicking, and you are due your best game thus far. No dis-respect prediction. GZ has whooped our butts badly the past two years. I just see this game being a very aggressive, discipline, 48 minute war. And, not one word was mentioned of LaGrange or Cuero. All I kept hearing is, "we ain't done nothing yet", and "win the day" before they went to work. They are ready for Step #3 of the mission, and that's all. They have bought in.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 01:46 PM
2010- GZ 41-Y 16
2011-GZ 33-Y 0
2012-GZ 48 Y 20 Hopefully it will be a closer game this year

Yup, fully aware of those numbers Lom. They've owned us. Flat out pounded us. Way past due for our "D" to step up. All the glitter of our offense, DOG defense has to win this one. Have an attitude and will to get it done. Stay the course for 48 minutes.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 02:38 PM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/oct/23/mf_fordtough_102313_223136/?fb_comment_id=fbc_665637976802671_22930054_665931 370106665#f3ef304df9f95

1stnurseryman
10-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Any of you GZ followers know the district records of your 9th and JV'ers?

Our 9th is 2-0 in district
JV is 1-1.
Hey YT just wondering what 2 teams ur fresh have won in district?

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Hey YT just wondering what 2 teams ur fresh have won in district?

Cuero ( not sure how that counts. Did ya'll play a freshman game vs. Giddings?) and SV.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Thursday results:

7th grade: GZ won (don't know score)
8th grade: Ykm won 39-38
9th grade: GZ won 34-22
JV: Ykm won 31-7

1stnurseryman
10-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Cuero ( not sure how that counts. Did ya'll play a freshman game vs. Giddings?) and SV.

You mean Edna right? Still no freshman team..

buff4ever
10-25-2013, 01:28 PM

You and Pud have got to be kin in some way.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 03:16 PM
You and Pud have got to be kin in some way.

Yes YT is getting real Pud-like isn't he? Thing is when you are one of only a few who post on the board supporting your team you want to try extra hard to boast them. No harm in being optimistic and supportive of your team Buff. It's like John Madden says"If he would have gotten into the endzone he would have scored".:D

pacdaddy
10-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Boy, I can see those smoke signals coming from the reservation. The tribe is getting ready for a War!!!! :twitch: I can faintly hear those drums playing the fight song from a distance. Those Apaches getting all painted up. Hello surprise attack, they will be coming in from the North, the East, South and West, from all direction and there is nothing anybody can do to stop them.:eek: This is going to be like a playoff game, at least it is going to feel like it, hard hitting, no mercy, smash mouth football tribe style.:flaming:

Thank God its Friday...

pacdaddy
10-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Well, everything went as planned for the tribe. Gonzales defence held yoakums stud runner to just 97 yards rushing. Final score:

Gonzales- 23

Yoakum- 11

Lombardi
10-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Better check again pacdaddy. Vic advocate has him for 68. Beware of the tribe .Ramirez had 140

underthetepee
10-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Coach had them boys fired up tonight. Defense was very physical. Gonna be some sore children tomorrow morning! Great job tribe

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Congratulations to the Apaches for winning this big game. Yoakum came in with momentum but Gonzales was prepared to play and gets the win. D26 is shaping up. Two more weeks to go to sort things out. Good luck next week against Cuero another big rivalry game.

Blue42
10-26-2013, 01:09 AM
Déjà vu

YTBulldogs
10-26-2013, 03:04 AM
Yes, very nice win GZ. Continued success to the fine kids/staff over there. Nothing to say, you was better and earned this one. Congrats.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2013, 03:06 AM
Give me the crow p'daddy. Pretty impressive. As it's becoming the norm against us.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Game stats:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=181003&TeamID=249&SearchType=Teams

Pudlugger
10-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Tough loss YT especially with those game stats. Better total yards, 1st downs but lost 2 fumbles and a pic 6. That can kill an otherwise good game effort. Well here we come to your house now. Always a friendly atmosphere down your way. Hope the Leps step up because they had to wrestle through a rough patch last night with Giddings.