PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales vs Yoakum

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Well folks in a must win situation, the tribe must really make a statement to a solid ball club in bulldog country. The way they spanked Cuero tells me they will be wanting to make there own statement when they face the mighty Apaches.

Lets here some opinions about this game.

Go Apaches!!!!

regaleagle
10-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Where's the game being played??? Is that field natural grass or turf? Do both teams tend to keep it on the ground, or can Yoakum pass the rock as well? Which team has the most speed and which team has the best D? Some of the homers need to tell us something about these two teams first, lol. What about offensive stats? I know Yoakum has had some injuries early on, and those boyz are now back. Were they skill players, or what???

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Where's the game being played??? Is that field natural grass or turf? Do both teams tend to keep it on the ground, or can Yoakum pass the rock as well? Which team has the most speed and which team has the best D? Some of the homers need to tell us something about these two teams first, lol. What about offensive stats? I know Yoakum has had some injuries early on, and those boyz are now back. Were they skill players, or what???

That's a lot of info. you want , I will just say Gonzales will run and run some more and Yoakum will run and pass the ball. Pretty even matchup , turnovers will determine this game.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Hook hit the nail on head really. No surprises what the other will try to do. GZ will pound (they are VERY good at it behind a awesome OL). Yoakum DL will once again be asked to endure a pounding by GZ massive OL. We need to throw the ball better. Receivers wide open and missed a couple times Friday, swing back open and not even looked at in progression or flat out drop's in receivers hands. I once again see the FB (THall) having a descent game like he did in Cuero game (around 90 yards). Keep's them from totally keying on Tre'. Good thing about our "O" this year, we have several options to get production from. We are still improving, with the starters playing only a couple games together. But, Cuero game was nice to see in regards to turnovers with them. Zero. First time all year.

regaleagle
10-19-2013, 12:02 PM
That's a lot of info. you want , I will just say Gonzales will run and run some more and Yoakum will run and pass the ball. Pretty even matchup , turnovers will determine this game.

Well that's a mighty BORING post about this big game for both teams upcoming. I was hoping for some real meat to sink my teeth into for this battle. You gave me a serving of basically nothingness...."turnovers will determine this game". Well...maybe not. Yoakum didn't turn the ball over this past week, and may not next week. Maybe that meant something, but I doubt it is the only reason they defeated Cuero. The players still have to make yardage, stop the other team's offense, score, and run their offenses. That's what I mean by "meat". Turnovers may or may not figure into a game's results.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 01:59 PM
I haven't seen Yoakum play. Gonzales tried to pass on the Leps and had mixed results mostly they run the football. They have one big O lineman Clack the center who plays both ways. He was pretty worn out by the 4th quarter against us but is a player. The rest of their O line didn't look huge. They had some tall guys who probably weigh around 220. With a balanced offense Yoakum could keep the apache d guessing and put up some points. Gonzales has good size and speed on defense and on offense #32 and #22 are very dangerous. This will be a close game but I think the Apaches bring Yoakum down to earth and win by 7. Sorry YT. :(

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 07:35 PM

The game will be played in Gonzales. The field is natural grass. As for Gonzales, we like to keep it on the ground and ram it down whoevers throat. If you can stop our run, well then we turn to the air, opening up the run. As for Gonzales our speed is decent, but we have some very dangerous skill guys. They will keep an opponent honest. Yoakum I don't know. I know in the Advo sports #22 for which is Ramirez, is number two with 1000+ yards. Hope this answered some of your question, if you need to know more do the research. :vrycnfsd:

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Hope this answered some of your question, if you need to know more do the research. :vrycnfsd:

LOL. Damn, easy p'daddy. It will be alright.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 07:48 PM
I haven't seen Yoakum play. Gonzales tried to pass on the Leps and had mixed results mostly they run the football. They have one big O lineman Clack the center who plays both ways. He was pretty worn out by the 4th quarter against us but is a player. The rest of their O line didn't look huge. They had some tall guys who probably weigh around 220. With a balanced offense Yoakum could keep the apache d guessing and put up some points. Gonzales has good size and speed on defense and on offense #32 and #22 are very dangerous. This will be a close game but I think the Apaches bring Yoakum down to earth and win by 7. Sorry YT. :(

Dude, it's cool. Apaches have owned us past few years. We still earning the respect.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 07:55 PM
LOL. Damn, easy p'daddy. It will be alright.

Sorry YT, I just get like that when to many question are asked. We are just fans writing about what we think some of us are not stat writers. I just think if a person wants to know that much about a team, a person ought to do there own research. LOL.:nerd:

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Reagle, here is our up to date offensive stats. We need to be more successful in throwing/catching the ball. Too many missed open receivers. Missed backs in the flats on QB's progression reads, and just dropped ball by receivers. We are still getting use to having all the starters back and we are still a work in progress. It will take another determined effort, well execution of the game plan, to beat GZ at the Reservation.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2013&Sport=1&tpl=Team&TeamID=249&SearchType=Teams

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Sorry YT, I just get like that when to many question are asked. We are just fans writing about what we think some of us are not stat writers. I just think if a person wants to know that much about a team, a person ought to do there own research. LOL.:nerd:

I understand. reagle is a HS fan and loves the game. Travels all over the state to see teams play.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 08:03 PM
I understand. reagle is a HS fan and loves the game. Travels all over the state to see teams play.

Then my apologies to reagle. :wave: