10-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Wharton vs another slot t team...

I wonder..........

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Bellville by 7.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 10:35 AM
This should be a win for the Bulls at home however after them struggling a bit with BR , Wharton might may this game a little closer. Gotta go with the Bulls by 10.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2013, 02:10 PM
This should be a win for the Bulls at home however after them struggling a bit with BR , Wharton might may this game a little closer. Gotta go with the Bulls by 10.

I assume you weren't at the game, but struggling a bit with BR is not completely accurate. The game was played in a very bad rain storm, both teams struggled with poor traction, a wet ball & a field that got very muddy. Not only did Bellville had to deal with the poor conditions, they had to deal with an officiating crew that basically allowed BR to hold all night long. What I do find hard to believe is that Royal scored 32 points vs La Grange & had nearly 400 yards of offense.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Bellville no easy game after your first loss. I seen the Bellville talent in our scrimmage with them. And, if they have endured any injury when they struggled, I understand that. I say they are just as good if not better, than last year's bunch.

How does Wharton handle their first loss after all the hype? I agree, I was one of them. :doh:

"P O P", not a easy place to play at, and I think Wharton still licking wounds, Bellville by 12.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 02:47 PM
I assume you weren't at the game, but struggling a bit with BR is not completely accurate. The game was played in a very bad rain storm, both teams struggled with poor traction, a wet ball & a field that got very muddy. Not only did Bellville had to deal with the poor conditions, they had to deal with an officiating crew that basically allowed BR to hold all night long. What I do find hard to believe is that Royal scored 32 points vs La Grange & had nearly 400 yards of offense.

Yes Bull that happens when you play your 2nd and 3rd team players the 2nd half of a game, game was out of hand after 2nd quarter.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-19-2013, 03:10 PM
I also agree about the falcons on holding. everyone but the officals could see it.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Yes Bull that happens when you play your 2nd and 3rd team players the 2nd half of a game, game was out of hand after 2nd quarter.

That is true. Our 2nd and 3rd team defense gave up three tds. Leps were up by 6 tds (49-8) when the coach took his foot of the gas. True dat re the refs LOL but that's just Royal for you.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 04:39 PM
LG takes their starters out early in blowouts. No other coach has ever thought of that or done it. Other teams only score late on LGL. That doesn't happen against any other teams.:blahblah:

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 06:22 PM
LG takes their starters out early in blowouts. No other coach has ever thought of that or done it. Other teams only score late on LGL. That doesn't happen against any other teams.:blahblah:

So what's your point? Is it that our defense is suspect or that our 2nd team defense is suspect? As a fan I like to see the 2nd and 3rd team player get in the game for playing time. Sure it effects the stats with the scoring and defense but it builds depth and team moral. I don't give a rat's ass how it skews the stats as long as we get the wins. Come play off time it will be an investment that might pay off adding needed depth as the post season extends into the holidays.

In 2000 when the Leps beat Forney in the State Championship game our big 300+ lb all district tackle was out for the last three games and his replacement was a guy 5' 9" 180 lbs He stepped up and played his heart out filling that huge void in the O line and we won games against top teams with him contributing. Having good back up players with injuries and grades gnawing away at you all season is a good thing. You can judge our defense any way you please but I have to tell you if El Campo draws the Leps again this year in the first round they will not have an easy time of it. Same goes for whoever comes out of D25.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2013, 06:27 PM

El Campo only allowed BR 6 points & 182 yards in their blow-out win, I guess EC has better 2nd & 3rd team players.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 06:34 PM
So what's your point? Is it that our defense is suspect or that our 2nd team defense is suspect?

I don't know which it is. But does it really matter? The Leps have given up 2 TDs or more in every game and three in four of those games. That's not a recipe that will get you to any SC game by a long shot.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 07:08 PM
I don't know which it is. But does it really matter? The Leps have given up 2 TDs or more in every game and three in four of those games. That's not a recipe that will get you to any SC game by a long shot.

With our offense I can live with giving up 2 TD's a game, we put 21 on EC last year in the first round and they still made the SC game. What's you stupid point , Speed.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 07:29 PM
With our offense I can live with giving up 2 TD's a game, we put 21 on EC last year in the first round and they still made the SC game. What's you stupid point , Speed.

When you get deeper in the playoffs you start playing teams with better defenses AND offenses,so you too will need a better defense. If you think you are going on offense alone you are the stupid one.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 09:35 PM
When you get deeper in the playoffs you start playing teams with better defenses AND offenses,so you too will need a better defense. If you think you are going on offense alone you are the stupid one.

In Region 4 , once you get past the first round (D-25 & 26) giving up 2 TD's will not hurt you until you get to the Semi final. You should know that after last year unless you are a T-Shirt fan of EC, which would not surprise me from your post.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 11:31 PM
In Region 4 , once you get past the first round (D-25 & 26) giving up 2 TD's will not hurt you until you get to the Semi final. You should know that after last year unless you are a T-Shirt fan of EC, which would not surprise me from your post.

If you're giving up 2 or 3 against the teams you've been playing,you're dreaming if you think you'll only give up two to Ingelside or Port Isabel.

hookandladder
10-20-2013, 08:23 AM
If you're giving up 2 or 3 against the teams you've been playing,you're dreaming if you think you'll only give up two to Ingelside or Port Isabel.

We will see speedy, maybe your offense is not up to par. I mean your EC team last year was a running team only, passing was not very good at all.

speedbump
10-20-2013, 10:12 AM
We will see speedy, maybe your offense is not up to par. I mean your EC team last year was a running team only, passing was not very good at all.

I guess I'll get back to you when I figure out what in the world that has to do with the LaGrange defense.

hookandladder
10-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I guess I'll get back to you when I figure out what in the world that has to do with the LaGrange defense.

Read between the lines, kind of like them aggies. If no one can stop your offense then giving up a couple scores will not hurt you, for being so smart you would think you could figuire that out. I guess that went over your head, **** happens.

Saggy Aggie
10-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Pissing match lol

speedbump
10-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Read between the lines, kind of like them aggies. If no one can stop your offense then giving up a couple scores will not hurt you, for being so smart you would think you could figuire that out. I guess that went over your head, **** happens.

If you could read the lines period you have seen where I said as you get deeper in the playoffs you will face better offenses AND defenses. That means you can't count solely on your offense. You run into a really good defense and you damn well better be able to stop their offense and it won't be the caliber your used to playing. It's hard to score when the other team has the ball all the time. Ask Wharton what happens when you run into a shut down D. They will tell you to cancel the parade if you don't have a D to match it. You're right - EC had an offense that was all but unstoppable last year. They also had a top notch defense. You don't.

speedbump
10-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Pissing match lol

He's the guy with the umbrella standing in the puddle.

hookandladder
10-20-2013, 11:45 AM
If you could read the lines period you have seen where I said as you get deeper in the playoffs you will face better offenses AND defenses. That means you can't count solely on your offense. You run into a really good defense and you damn well better be able to stop their offense and it won't be the caliber your used to playing. It's hard to score when the other team has the ball all the time. Ask Wharton what happens when you run into a shut down D. They will tell you to cancel the parade if you don't have a D to match it. You're right - EC had an offense that was all but unstoppable last year. They also had a top notch defense. You don't.

That is your opinion, when have you seen LG play this year. I am betting you have not, so all you have to go on is your armchair knowledge. Which is not much, just like the rest of us. If you read my first post I stated in Region 4 as long as we get past the first round we will outscore everyone else in Region 4, hide and watch. To win a State Championship a solid D is a must, you guys found that out last year when Stephenville thumped you at Jerry World.

Pudlugger
10-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Bellville 5-2 hung 24 on you and 1-6 Bay City 25. Top notch defense? not really.

speedbump
10-20-2013, 11:56 AM
To win a State Championship a solid D is a must, you guys found that out last year when Stephenville thumped you at Jerry World.

What the heck have I been telling you? Better hope you get one. Getting there is not the cake walk you think it is.

speedbump
10-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Bellville 5-2 hung 24 on you and 1-6 Bay City 25. Top notch defense? not really.

It gave EC a 28-0 lead in the first quarter against the mighty Leps. It's nice to coast against playoff teams.

hookandladder
10-20-2013, 12:06 PM
What the heck have I been telling you? Better hope you get one. Getting there is not the cake walk you think it is.

SB , we have been there done that and won. It is not our first BBQ, do some research. No one said it will be a cake walk , I just said in Region 4 I think we will outscore most teams in the playoffs. Most knowledgeable fans know trying to outscores every team can come back to bite you however giving up 2 or 3 Td's is not that bad, hell how many games did EC shutout or even hold their opponent under 2 TD's in the playoffs. I guess you have some type ignorant response as to why you guys were able to do that and no one else can.

Pudlugger
10-20-2013, 01:38 PM
It gave EC a 28-0 lead in the first quarter against the mighty Leps. It's nice to coast against playoff teams.

You still stuck in 2012? Things are different this year. watch and see.

speedbump
10-20-2013, 01:47 PM
You still stuck in 2012? Things are different this year. watch and see.

That's what everybody in Wharton said.

whitelightning5
10-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Isn't this thread about Bellville and Wharton? You guys want to argue about LG and EC, start another thread. Until then, we can just hope the season plays out perfectly and you guys face each other in the playoffs.

I'm too lazy to go back and look, but to whomever wanted to knock Bellville for that performance against Brookshire......you need to check your facts before you open your mouth. In those conditions, most would have been thrilled with that outcome.

Now....was anyone at the EC and Wharton game? Did Wharton just get hit in the mouth with power running? Did the conditions just not suit Wharton's abilities? What happened? I know Wharton has a some damn good athletes, so the conditions must have leveled the playing field.

speedbump
10-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Now....was anyone at the EC and Wharton game? Did Wharton just get hit in the mouth with power running? Did the conditions just not suit Wharton's abilities? What happened? I know Wharton has a some damn good athletes, so the conditions must have leveled the playing field.

Pacific Island weather compared to what was going on in Brookshire. BJ Flagg ran over Whartons D and Whartons offense could do absolutely nothing. They couldn't go up the middle and when they tried to use their speed EC strung it out and never let them turn the corner. The Tigers QB spent the night running for his life on pass plays. It should be a real good one in Bellville Friday. I haven't made up my mind about the outcome. So far I'd say it's a toss up.

Pudlugger
10-20-2013, 02:40 PM
I think the Bellville running game will expose the weaknesses in Wharton's defense. Both teams will put up points but Bellville gets the necessary stops to win by 7 or 10 points.

Manso/V8
10-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Wharton gets confused by the slot t scheme.
They were confused by it against Bellville last year, and they were knocked out of the playoffs by a marginal Navarro slot t team.

whitelightning5
10-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Wharton gets confused by the slot t scheme.
They were confused by it against Bellville last year, and they were knocked out of the playoffs by a marginal Navarro slot t team.

Not saying they are like this in every game, but from the films that I've seen, they look to be a very athletic team that plays very undisciplined football. I hope I didn't put a full blown jinx on the Brahmas with that comment.

Pudlugger
10-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Not saying they are like this in every game, but from the films that I've seen, they look to be a very athletic team that plays very undisciplined football. I hope I didn't put a full blown jinx on the Brahmas with that comment.

I have not seen this year's Wharton team play but I did watch them win over Sealy last year. They seemed then to rely more on their speed and athleticism then on execution. They had many penalties and several turnovers. They won the game on big plays and a huge margin of good luck with a Sealy fumble nearly at their own goal line at the end of the game. My impression was that they were talented but not conditioned well or disciplined in their execution. This is in contrast to a Bellville team that is conditioned and executes well with discipline.

WhartonTigers
10-21-2013, 08:07 AM

If our QB continues to hole the ball and try to scramble we are in for another tough match this week....

OLE'BULL
10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
If our QB continues to hole the ball and try to scramble we are in for another tough match this week....

ANNNDDD there he is. We thought you might have cancelled your DL membership after Fridays loss.

BB BULLS
10-21-2013, 08:48 AM

well well look whos back glad you could join us. should be a very good game Friday. hope we can do to guys just what El Campo did. I am sure your boys will be fired up but we will be ready you can be sure of that.

buff4ever
10-21-2013, 10:03 AM
I think bellville wins this game. It will not be a blowout by any means, but I do see a brahma victory.

speedbump
10-21-2013, 03:27 PM

Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeed !!

maestro
10-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Explain

?????

He was surrounded by Ricebirds within seconds

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Explain

?????

Not sure I ever thought that Tiger "O" could be so manhandled like they were in this one. 65 total yards is mind boggling.

cards4me
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Not sure I ever thought that Tiger "O" could be so manhandled like they were in this one. 65 total yards is mind boggling.

The Tigers will need to get it together for Bellville . The offense will have to come out of the funk they were in last week. The entire group will need to get things going. The defense played fairly well with a few exceptions . They only had 10 players on the field on EC biggest offensive play ,also need to eliminate the penalties .

sock
10-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Bellville by 21

WhartonTigers
10-22-2013, 08:38 AM

We are still saying it you guys beat us with the help of us... Your offense is very stoppable EC will be gone after the first round...

WhartonTigers
10-22-2013, 08:40 AM
And dont forget who is still FIRST in district...all we have to do is win these last two games for a solidified DC and win won to enter playoffs.....

bird_fan
10-22-2013, 08:46 AM
We are still saying it you guys beat us with the help of us... Your offense is very stoppable EC will be gone after the first round...
Boy you sure hate El Campo LOL:flaming:

bird_fan
10-22-2013, 08:52 AM
And dont forget who is still FIRST in district...all we have to do is win these last two games for a solidified DC and win won to enter playoffs.....
also El Campo has to lose a game in there to or you be co champ-ions having lost to the co champ

OLE'BULL
10-22-2013, 09:25 AM

District isn't over bud. I would have hoped you would have learned to be a little more humble after last weeks embarrassment. This week should be a good measuring stick for both the Brahmas and the Tigers.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 09:36 AM

OK i changed my mind. the Brahmas will come out and play the best game they played all year and beat the strips of the tigers it wont even be close.

The Bull #40
10-22-2013, 07:01 PM

So if El Campo is going to be out in the first round, and they blew yall out of the water.... yall are....? Gonna make it off the bus in the first round? Sure aren't giving El Campo their due for beating Wharton like red-headed step children..

Weebe
10-22-2013, 08:28 PM
District isn't over bud. I would have hoped you would have learned to be a little more humble after last weeks embarrassment. This week should be a good measuring stick for both the Brahmas and the Tigers.

Any wonder why El Campo kicks the **** out of them every year?

They are too stupid to realize they don't measure up.

speedbump
10-22-2013, 09:01 PM

But not as stoppable as yours. Stop whining and look at the bright side. If you take care of yourself, someday the Wharton paper may do a story about you. I can see it now - " The last surviving Wharton fan that saw the Tigers beat the El Campo Ricebirds,was admitted into the Shady Acres Nursing home last wednesday, three days after his 96th birthday."

BB BULLS
10-23-2013, 06:22 AM
But not as stoppable as yours. Stop whining and look at the bright side. If you take care of yourself, someday the Wharton paper may do a story about you. I can see it now - " The last surviving Wharton fan that saw the Tigers beat the El Campo Ricebirds,was admitted into the Shady Acres Nursing home last wednesday, three days after his 96th birthday."

there is another one (lamo) that is fuuny

The Bull #40
10-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Still a couple days away before The Pasture of Pain showdown with the Tigers, but I'd like to go ahead and throw my prediction out there. Bellville Wins 42-7! BULLS ON PARADE!!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2013, 11:56 PM
I can't see Bellville losing any more district games.

The Pasture can be a very tough place to play. BELLVILLE by 14+

WhartonTigers
10-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Explain

?????

Not every time there were some plays where he could have let the ball go and he didnt. Once he came to the sideline he was grilled by the OC, he goes back in and floats a ball to a receiver who has 5 yds on the EC defender. This is his first year on Varsity so hopefully those bubbleGuts are out of him now.

BCain1963
10-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Just for the record:
Teams is 3A D25
SC appearances:
Sealy (6) W5 - L1
El campo (2) W0 - L2
Bellville (2) W0 - L2
Wharton (1) W1 - L0
Royal (1) W0 - L1
What team has consecutive scoring? Sealy 182
What team has the highest winning %? El campo 66.67%
What team has the most playoff appearances? El campo 32
What team has more wins? El campo 631
You make up your own mind how has proven them self over the years to be the better team.
Lone Star Gridiron for records.

whitelightning5
10-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Just for the record:
Teams is 3A D25
SC appearances:
Sealy (6) W5 - L1
El campo (2) W0 - L2
Bellville (2) W0 - L2
Wharton (1) W1 - L0
Royal (1) W0 - L1
You make up your own mind how has proven them self over the years to be the better team.

Well....its a good thing that 2013 isn't impacted by these numbers.

It pains me to say it, but it looks like Sealy and Wharton have the only stat that matters on this post. They are the only 2 teams to capitalize on their opportunities.

OLE'BULL
10-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Just for the record:
Teams is 3A D25
SC appearances:
Sealy (6) W5 - L1
El campo (2) W0 - L2
Bellville (2) W0 - L2
Wharton (1) W1 - L0
Royal (1) W0 - L1

Man you are really digging deep for your info. Like WL5 says below, the only year that matters is THIS year.

speedbump
10-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Not every time there were some plays where he could have let the ball go and he didnt. Once he came to the sideline he was grilled by the OC, he goes back in and floats a ball to a receiver who has 5 yds on the EC defender. This is his first year on Varsity so hopefully those bubbleGuts are out of him now.

Whartons QB is better than ECs. So, whats your next excuse?

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Whartons QB is better than ECs. So, whats your next excuse?

Why not just admit, EC was better, congrats them, and move on.

speedbump
10-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Why not just admit, EC was better, congrats them, and move on.

You want me to "admit" EC was better? LOL

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM
You want me to "admit" EC was better? LOL

Nope. You know who I was talking about.

BCain1963
10-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Boy I can't wait until Friday to see witch one of your teams eats crow. Will it be Bellville, are will it be Wharton.
Remember crow is best cooked slow and eaten with rice.
Because everything is better with Rice. Get it Rice. LMFAO.

maestro
10-24-2013, 04:55 PM

You sure blasted the whs qb for the EC loss.

Did you save any words for the way the three-headed monster running backs ran scared( jh ish ) to the sidelines on most rushing plays.

Neither of them wanted to run off guard off tackle and get the tough yards.

It was like watching jh running backs. Every play turns into a sweep.

EC on the other hand had a nice little wrinkle with the shotgun veer look with Flagg pounding off tackle and the qb keeping over center.

WhartonTigers
10-25-2013, 08:20 AM
You sure blasted the whs qb for the EC loss.

Did you save any words for the way the three-headed monster running backs ran scared( jh ish ) to the sidelines on most rushing plays.

Neither of them wanted to run off guard off tackle and get the tough yards.

It was like watching jh running backs. Every play turns into a sweep.

EC on the other hand had a nice little wrinkle with the shotgun veer look with Flagg pounding off tackle and the qb keeping over center.

The plays were being called to the outside and they were pretty banged up from the columbus game so u could see a sense of hesitation to cut up field take those hits on there shoulders. but enough about last week. We are just focused on bellville right now and securing a playoff spot with a W.

OLE'BULL
10-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Boy I can't wait until Friday to see witch one of your teams eats crow. Will it be Bellville, are will it be Wharton.

IF, and that is a big IF, Bellville ends up losing, I will not be eating any crow. I dont think anyone in Bellville thinks this is going to be an easy game for the Brahmas. Wharton might feel differently, and they can eat their crow, but I wont be having any of that nasty old bird for dinner if things dont go as planned at the Pasture of Pain. Of course I think, and hope Bellville wins, but I know it will be tough. Just like the El Campo game was tough. I will take the Bulls 28-14 over the kitty cats!

whitelightning5
10-25-2013, 08:39 AM

Eat crow. Are you serious? For the greater part of this week we have been on WhartonTiger and telling him to quit giving excuses for EC kicking their tail. I dont see anyone running their mouth here in Bellville. Maybe a few predictions in Bellville's favor, but not one comment about how we think we are superior. Eat crow. PSHHHHHHH.

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 09:02 AM
i think this will be a very good game. so lets do this who ever loses lets dont come on here saying if this, if that, refs or coachs. who ever wins was the better team it is that simple.
one more thing please dont talk bad about any of the kids on either team, such our QB did this or our running back did this. these boys look at this site as well. this is just a place for us old guys to talk a little crap and pick on each other and give our thoughts. and yes Whartontiger we like you it would be fun without someone to argue with.

WhartonTigers
10-25-2013, 09:06 AM
i think this will be a very good game. so lets do this who ever loses lets dont come on here saying if this, if that, refs or coachs. who ever wins was the better team it is that simple.
one more thing please dont talk bad about any of the kids on either team, such our QB did this or our running back did this. these boys look at this site as well. this is just a place for us old guys to talk a little crap and pick on each other and give our thoughts. and yes Whartontiger we like you it would be fun without someone to argue with.

AGREED but i really dont care if you like me or not! im from WHARTON remember lol see you guys tonight...GO TIGERS>>>>>

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 09:12 AM
AGREED but i really dont care if you like me or not! im from WHARTON remember lol see you guys tonight...GO TIGERS>>>>>

i am sorry about WHARTON but thats not my fault you should have moved to Bellville along time. hahahaha. be safe in your travels

Scoop27
10-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Sure has been a lot of hated pointed toward Wharton over the past two weeks. I hope none of the Tigers players are reading these posts. I'm sure coach Finn tells his players not to read these forums. The Wharton-El Campo game is history. Let the better team win tonight.

ogg
10-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Bellville takes this by 14, good luck!

Weebe
10-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Sure has been a lot of hated pointed toward Wharton over the past two weeks. I hope none of the Tigers players are reading these posts. I'm sure coach Finn tells his players not to read these forums. The Wharton-El Campo game is history. Let the better team win tonight.

You can thank your fellow Wharton poster for that. He is just getting back what he dished out earlier.

YTBulldogs
10-25-2013, 10:35 AM
I agree Weebe. Just eat the crow, congratulate and he should of learned a lesson of posting, and moved on. His team is good, but-- he built them into something they were not, and now he's not sure how to post about them. 3ADL is a forgiving bunch. But, first you have to be humble, and respect your opponent. He gave zero of that. If he can learn that, he'll be a regular poster on here, if not--he'll be another couple month member that comes through here often.

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 10:25 PM
alright tiger now you know we are the team to beat in D25. this was a beat down you got.

Red Bull
10-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Big win for Bellville. The team was ready for the Tigers and stepped up and played well in all three phases of the game.

What was up with Wharton players at end of the game. First fighting Bellville player and then fighting amongst themselves. Crazy!

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Congratulations to the Brahmas in establishing the lead in D25 convincingly. Good luck next week.

Scoop27
10-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Had to cover Louise-Pettus game for El Campo newspaper-Pettus lost to Falls City 80-0 two weeks ago and ends up winning this game 34-27. Pettus had less than 50 fans in the stands and only about 15 members-Bet there was less than 300 at the game total.

bird_fan
10-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Congrats Bellville your in the driver seat now

The Bull #40
10-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Congrats Bellville your in the driver seat now

BULLS PARADE!!!! It was a good game, and I'm extremely pleased with our adjustments in the second half shutting Wharton out and feeding one of the premiere RBs in 3A in Nunn (IMO). That may be true for now, I'm excited to see you vs. Sealy this week at their place! I heard from a Columbus fan that Sealy seems to be clicking a little on offense, especially in the passing game ---That does not bode well for the Brahmas and our sub-par pass defense. I will most likely be on your side of the stands Friday night instead of trekking to Needville.

OLE'BULL
10-27-2013, 07:08 PM
WhartonTigers has been very quiet these last couple of weeks. Like I told ya WT, beat El Campo or Bellville and you have my respect. Wharton accomplished neither. Now you are fighting for a playoff spot. Good thing we are in like Flynn...

speedbump
10-27-2013, 08:15 PM
WhartonTigers has been very quiet these last couple of weeks. Like I told ya WT, beat El Campo or Bellville and you have my respect. Wharton accomplished neither. Now you are fighting for a playoff spot. Good thing we are in like Flynn...

If EC beats Sealy and loses to Columbus, Bellville would have to beat Sealy or there would be a five way tie for first. Nobody is quite "in like Flynn" just yet.

Scoop27
10-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Tigers can lose to Royal and still make playoffs

speedbump
10-27-2013, 11:29 PM

They can beat Royal and miss them too. There could be 5 teams tied at 4-2 when the dust settles. Probably won't happen but it's possible.

OLE'BULL
10-28-2013, 08:14 AM
If EC beats Sealy and loses to Columbus, Bellville would have to beat Sealy or there would be a five way tie for first. Nobody is quite "in like Flynn" just yet.

If grandma had balls she'd be grandpa. Bellville is definately in the drivers seat. Though I am getting more nervous about Sealy. It seems like they are starting to gel and playing pretty good football...

WhartonTigers
10-28-2013, 08:28 AM

we arent fighting for a playoff spot, we will murder royal and get in. All we had to do was win one of these 3 last games.....

maestro
10-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Yes, it gets really interesting when one of the top enrollment teams finish strong cause that adjusts the div one and two brackets.

maestro
10-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Scoop is ALL ABOUT EXCELLENCE in athletics

maestro
10-28-2013, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=OLE'BULL;1775675]If grandma had balls she'd be grandpa.

Great post

maestro
10-28-2013, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=WhartonTigers;[/QUOTE]in. All we had to do was win one of these 3 last games...

Another post about EXCELLENCE

Sure wish the UIL would take this into consideration. Fourth place teams are not worthy.

teetle
10-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Youes betters bes worried abouts Sealy. Tigers finally nos whats goin on. theys gonna kicks somes bramas tail. buts I knows that its gonna bes a goods games.:weeping::bigcry::bigcry::weeping:

WhartonTigers
10-28-2013, 09:12 AM
and we arent the fourth place team....

OLE'BULL
10-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Youes betters bes worried abouts Sealy. Tigers finally nos whats goin on. theys gonna kicks somes bramas tail. buts I knows that its gonna bes a goods games.:weeping::bigcry::bigcry::weeping:

We are worried about Sealy. I think the Brahmas are playing pretty good football right now just like the Tigers are. You never really know how the Bellville/Sealy game will end up with it being such a big rivalry. Both teams hate to lose to the other, so anything can happen. Good thing this year is at the Pasture of Pain. Just like Sealy, it is never a fun place for the opposing team to play. I will give Bellville a 2 TD advantage in this one, and will be happy with that.

OLE'BULL
10-28-2013, 09:37 AM
we arent fighting for a playoff spot, we will murder royal and get in. All we had to do was win one of these 3 last games.....

Again with the overconfidence. Wharton isn't playing their best football right now. I would imagine they will get it together to beat Royal, but who knows. Hopefully the Tigers didn't beat each other up too bad this weekend! :stirpot:

teetle
10-28-2013, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't goetos that's fars. Buts yous cans bets that's Sealy is worrieds abouts Bellvilles toes.:weeping::tongue::tongue::weeping:

WhartonTigers
10-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Again with the overconfidence. Wharton isn't playing their best football right now. I would imagine they will get it together to beat Royal, but who knows. Hopefully the Tigers didn't beat each other up too bad this weekend! :stirpot:

Dude what over confidence? that is a logical fact if we win we are in simple as that....It's been that way since before the El Campo game, unfortunately we have lost the last two weeks. But i dont see us losing this Friday against Royal, and next Week is our BYE week.

OLE'BULL
10-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Dude what over confidence? that is a logical fact if we win we are in simple as that....It's been that way since before the El Campo game, unfortunately we have lost the last two weeks. But i dont see us losing this Friday against Royal, and next Week is our BYE week.

This right here from your post "we will murder royal and get in". That sounds like Royal shouldn't even show up Friday night. What has Wharton done to justify that comment? Beat an average Columbus team? Ya, ya, they beat Bellville, we were lousy that night. We righted our ship pretty fast after that. Wharton better plug the leak pretty quick...

maestro
10-28-2013, 03:36 PM
If wharton cannot rush the football, Royal definitely has a chance.

speedbump
10-28-2013, 03:46 PM
If wharton cannot rush the football, Royal definitely has a chance.

Try to pay attention. Even if you win it depends on what the other teams do. There could be a five way tie at 4-2. The wharton Tigers still need help from someone else. If they had won a game against against EC or Bellville THEN a win over Royal would get them in. But they weren't good enough. It's as simple as that.

whitelightning5
10-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Try to pay attention. Even if you win it depends on what the other teams do. There could be a five way tie at 4-2. The wharton Tigers still need help from someone else. If they had won a game against against EC or Bellville THEN a win over Royal would get them in. But they weren't good enough. It's as simple as that.

I dont see EC losing again. All of a sudden, this Austin County rivalry has gotten a little more interesting. It always is, but as several have said, Sealy seems to be hitting their stride.

speedbump
10-28-2013, 03:59 PM
I dont see EC losing again. All of a sudden, this Austin County rivalry has gotten a little more interesting. It always is, but as several have said, Sealy seems to be hitting their stride.

My guess is Sealy still has problems on D. Columbus without that RB has an offense almost as non existent as Needvilles. But games between rivals like this are never over till they are over.

stxtiger
10-29-2013, 08:11 AM
My guess is Sealy still has problems on D. Columbus without that RB has an offense almost as non existent as Needvilles. But games between rivals like this are never over till they are over.

You are talking about things you don't know. Caldwell was more of a threat in the passing game then the running game. Is Sealy's d world beaters now? No. But they are def much improved. Hope players in El Campo are taking Sealy as light as you are.

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 08:24 AM
This right here from your post "we will murder royal and get in". That sounds like Royal shouldn't even show up Friday night. What has Wharton done to justify that comment? Beat an average Columbus team? Ya, ya, they beat Bellville, we were lousy that night. We righted our ship pretty fast after that. Wharton better plug the leak pretty quick...

That is an honest statement, GET OFF THE GAS, you are talking like royal has gave anybody a decent game, they wont score on our defense and offense hopefully has gotten it together. And what justifies this comment is the SEVEN games we have won before our back to back losses.

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 08:39 AM
That is an honest statement, GET OFF THE GAS, you are talking like royal has gave anybody a decent game, they wont score on our defense and offense hopefully has gotten it together. And what justifies this comment is the SEVEN games we have won before our back to back losses.

Ok man, just thought you would choose your words more carefully. I guess thats how Wharton folks roll. Hopefully y'all get in the playoffs so you can say you at least beat an above average team. Until then, good luck...

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Ok man, just thought you would choose your words more carefully. I guess thats how Wharton folks roll. Hopefully y'all get in the playoffs so you can say you at least beat an above average team. Until then, good luck...

I chose my words correctly, we will MURDER ROYAL. they are 0-7 for a reason........

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I chose my words correctly, we will MURDER ROYAL. they are 0-7 for a reason........

10-4