PDA

View Full Version : El Campo-Wharton Game stories

Scoop27
10-19-2013, 05:53 AM
http://www.leader-news.com/sports/article_86c2e62e-387f-11e3-870e-001a4bcf887a.html

Scoop27
10-19-2013, 06:00 AM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/oct/19/fbl_elcampo_wharton_101913_222826/

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm curious what Wharton Tigers has to say about this game. Amber Alert in order?

Weebe
10-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm curious what Wharton Tigers has to say about this game. Amber Alert in order?

El Campo will continue to treat Wharton like a relative doormat as long as Gillis is the coach. This was supposed to be Wharton's best team in 25 years and it is El Campo's weakest in at least 10.

El Campo has now won 12 straight against Wharton and Gillis is 15-0 as the EC coach against them.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 11:48 AM
El Campo will continue to treat Wharton like a relative doormat as long as Gillis is the coach. This was supposed to be Wharton's best team in 25 years and it is El Campo's weakest in at least 10.

El Campo has now won 12 straight against Wharton and Gillis is 15-0 as the EC coach against them.

Is that really that impressive, I mean you are talking about beating Wharton.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Is that really that impressive, I mean you are talking about beating Wharton.

Maybe you guys will get to try it in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Maybe you guys will get to try it in the playoffs.

Actually, the way things are shaping up we'll have another shot at El Campo.
D25 D1:
W Bellville
R El Campo

D 26 D1:
W LG
R Gonzales

Things can change with some surprise wins in either district but this is starting to look very possible.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Actually, the way things are shaping up we'll have another shot at El Campo.
D25 D1:
W Bellville
R El Campo

D 26 D1:
W LG
R Gonzales

Things can change with some surprise wins in either district but this is starting to look very possible.

So you are taking Bellville over Wharton this week then.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 02:52 PM
So you are taking Bellville over Wharton this week then.

Does it really matter , what is the enrollment figuire for D 25

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 03:02 PM

Unless Sealy gets in EC and Bellville go big Wharton and Columbus go small. If Sealy gets in and Columbus or Wharton don't then Bellville and Columbus or Whaton go small and Sealy and EC go big. :vrycnfsd::)

speedbump
10-19-2013, 04:48 PM

If Bellville and EC go in D1 EC would be runner up after losing to the Brahmas.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Yep by 7.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 07:30 PM

Does not matter just like last year, just let the chips fall. LG wants to play and beat the best, same as in baseball. I hate 2 State Champions in football , what a freaking joke. Gotta make that money and satisfied them little league parents, a joke period.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 07:54 PM

Correct and if LG wins district (or is second behind Yoakum or Cuero) they go as D1 W playing D25 R which I am assuming will be EC.

Weebe
10-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Does not matter just like last year, just let the chips fall. LG wants to play and beat the best, same as in baseball. I hate 2 State Champions in football , what a freaking joke. Gotta make that money and satisfied them little league parents, a joke period.

Aren't you the one who whines about El Campo being the bully because of their enrollment?

hookandladder
10-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Aren't you the one who whines about El Campo being the bully because of their enrollment?

Not whining , just stating the fact of enrollment. EC bully , come on man. Get real.

WhartonTigers
10-21-2013, 08:02 AM

This is not our best team in 25 years they have had the best record but we are clearly not the best team in 25 years. TOOOOOO many penalties and EC put pressure on our QB who is inexperienced to those well disciplined defenses, i believe he threw at least 3 picks that were passes under thrown when our WR was wide open. EC shut down our running game quickly and made us attempt to pass. Overall great job EC for a well prepared game.

Scoop27
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Tigers put too much pressure on themselves on this game and played like it. Not to take anyway any credit from El Campo though.
Tigers can still lose to Bellville Friday and will make the playoffs with a win over Royal to close out the season.
This district race is still far from over with

BB BULLS
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Tigers put too much pressure on themselves on this game and played like it. Not to take anyway any credit from El Campo though.
Tigers can still lose to Bellville Friday and will make the playoffs with a win over Royal to close out the season.
This district race is still far from over with

Scoop, i have seen the break down of who goes to D1 & D2 but i cant find it. can you tell who goes where from D25 i know last year we were D2. thanks

speedbump
10-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Scoop, i have seen the break down of who goes to D1 & D2 but i cant find it. can you tell who goes where from D25 i know last year we were D2. thanks

El Campo & Sealy are automatic D1 if they make the playoffs. If Sealy doesn't get in EC and Bellville will be D1 with Columbus and Wharton going D2. Still a couple of games need to be played to determine W&R in each division.

Pudlugger
10-21-2013, 03:23 PM

Depends on whether Sealy(3) makes the cut. Bellville (4) goes D1 if they don't and D2 if they do, assuming Wharton(5) makes it and El Campo (1) makes it. Needville(2) will not make the top 4 teams. Columbus(6) and Sealy probably battle it out for the 4th slot so that game and the Bellville sealy game are all important.

*enrollment order in parenthesis.

BCain1963
10-21-2013, 08:55 PM
My opinion is Wharton had a bad night against El campo. Like the sloppy game El campo played against Bellville. And the talk of Bellville being top dog in D25, will be tough if they are not able to better ball. See great teams don't let teams come back in the last 6 minutes of a football game and get with 3 points of tying. And having so many opportunity to score and not taking advantage of them. As the Bellville vs El campo game.
Wharton on the other hand has dominated all season, just look at the scores throw out this season. The only game they had problems with was El campo. There season stats will show they are the better team when it comes to Bellville. And Wharton dominated Columbus were Bellville didn't. My opinion is It will be a good game for both teams but Wharton will win. And if you think I'm full of crap. Just look at both teams stats thus far this season and I'm sure your agree. Wharton win by 10. And El campo wins district and goes D1. The rest is up to everyone else to figure out. Still have a few more games to play before Play offs.

Weebe
10-21-2013, 09:41 PM
65 yards total offense is not just an off night.

I think Wharton beat a bunch of average teams.

Cuero is not what everyone thought. WC is not very good. The jury is still out on Columbus. EC's coaches scouted Bellville/Columbus and felt Bellville was the better team. Bellville just made too many mistakes.

I'll go with Bellville by 14.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Cuero is not what everyone thought.

Why is that? Cause we beat them?

Manso/V8
10-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Wharton needs to figure out how to defend the slot t.

Weebe
10-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Why is that? Cause we beat them?

Well, you guys actually drummed them, but yes.

BCain1963
10-22-2013, 06:33 AM
It's funny how Bellville fans are so likely to have and excuse for every lose are win. Just look at the stats that Wharton has all season they have dominated. Other than El campo.
And Bellville y'all have had two loses this far, and have struggled to win all season. Look at your stats. Even the win against El campo, both teams stats were close other than turn overs. And don't miss understand me I'm but saying Bellville is the worst team in D25 just not the best team. Teams lose and win on any given Friday night. Wharton by 10.

BCain1963
10-22-2013, 06:48 AM
This respond to scouting other teams and El campo coaches saying things to Fans. Every teams scouts, high school, collage It's a tool to prepare for up coming games, and if your team is struggling you may suggest they start scouting.
And as far as El campo reporting there scouting reports and who they think are better teams to fans. Is not happen. Why would you scout teams.
And yes Columbus is better than Bellville just wanted to add that. Thank you.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 06:49 AM
It's funny how Bellville fans are so likely to have and excuse for every lose are win. Just look at the stats that Wharton has all season they have dominated. Other than El campo.
And Bellville y'all have had two loses this far, and have struggled to win all season. Look at your stats. Even the win against El campo, both teams stats were close other than turn overs. And don't miss understand me I'm but saying Bellville is the worst team in D25 just not the best team. Teams lose and win on any given Friday night. Wharton by 10.

reply back after Friday with this same post then we will talk. like i said before Wharton is 4a school that moved to 3a and has done nothing. who have you played other than El Campo that is any good? i know you beat columbus and they beat us blah blah blah

speedbump
10-22-2013, 07:16 AM
And if you think I'm full of crap. Just look at both teams stats thus far this season and I'm sure your agree. Wharton win by 10. And El campo wins district and goes D1. The rest is up to everyone else to figure out. Still have a few more games to play before Play offs.

Since you put so much into stats. Take a look at the stats Whartons opponents have this year and pay close attention to the points they have allowed.

bird_fan
10-22-2013, 07:47 AM
El Campo only returned 3 starters from lasts years team they did have issues and a few injuries. But now the team is jelling as a unit. I think they should be ableto run the table the rest of the regular season. And hopefully be playing at their best come plaayoff time

WhartonTigers
10-22-2013, 08:05 AM
65 yards total offense is not just an off night.

I think Wharton beat a bunch of average teams.

Cuero is not what everyone thought. WC is not very good. The jury is still out on Columbus. EC's coaches scouted Bellville/Columbus and felt Bellville was the better team. Bellville just made too many mistakes.

I'll go with Bellville by 14.

The only reason the game even looked like this is because our QB would not throw the ball and when he did he threw it straight to white shirts. I believe our back up from last year should be starting

BCain1963
10-22-2013, 08:05 AM
District 25, enrollment
El campo 975
Needville 799
Sealy 772
Bellville 665
Wharton 608
Columbus 574
Royal 514
Class are decided by UIL, Not school districts.

WhartonTigers
10-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Columbus will beat El Campo, and everybody heads will spend trying to figure out who goes where in the playoff bracket.

BCain1963
10-22-2013, 08:17 AM
At this point with 3 games to play in district. Anything can happen. But if every team can focus on the next game and not the play offs. It will be fun to see how everything plays out. El campo not worried about Columbus, just Needville at this point. But we did shut Wharton down. That's in the history books. Oh the last 12 history books. Good luck Wharton on your game with Bellville. Wharton wins by 10.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Columbus will beat El Campo, and everybody heads will spend trying to figure out who goes where in the playoff bracket.

Columbus will lose to Sealy and El Campo they will not make the playoffs. and Bcain if you think Columbas is better than Bellville you need to lay off the grass or what ever it is you are smoking. Columbus almost got beat by Needville. i placed below per district standings

Bellville DC D2
El Campo RU D1
Sealy D1
Wharton D2
Columbus
Needville
Brookshire

WhartonTigers
10-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Columbus will lose to Sealy and El Campo they will not make the playoffs. and Bcain if you think Columbas is better than Bellville you need to lay off the grass or what ever it is you are smoking. Columbus almost got beat by Needville. i placed below per district standings

Bellville DC D2
El Campo RU D1
Sealy D1
Wharton D2
Columbus
Needville
Brookshire

ALMOST doesnt count but what does count is the loss they gave yall! If they arent good why did they beat you guys?

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
i will use one of your lines from another post penilties cost us that game. so since we beat El Campo dont that mean we are better than Wharton. but that is all history, what is important is this friday Wharton at Bellville. Brahmas by 7

BCain1963
10-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Ok here we go. Crap talking. Boy I wish it was Friday night at around 9:30, Wharton wins by 10. Doesn't that just piss up off Bellville. Good luck to every team on Friday. Be safe and cheer for your favor team. Oh Bellville doesn't win district. Remember Wharton beats y'all.

OLE'BULL
10-22-2013, 09:37 AM
BCain1963, my head hurts after trying to read your posts. Please make the slightest attempt at punctuation, grammar, etc. Thanks. And doesn't it just (to quote you) "piss up off" El Campo that Bellville beat them?

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Peeing up is hazardous. Yellow shower.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Bull, you no it pissed him off, that is why he is on the Wharton wagon right now. he hopes they win so El Campo has a shot at DC. Bellville wins out and takes DC.

whitelightning5
10-22-2013, 10:12 AM
i will use one of your lines from another post penilties cost us that game. so since we beat El Campo dont that mean we are better than Wharton. but that is all history, what is important is this friday Wharton at Bellville. Brahmas by 7

Yeah...that unsportsmanlike on Parker, as he was high-stepping a defender on the way into the end zone. That play alone cost us that game. The fact that the officials agreed to the mistake makes it even worse. Can't replace that L with a W.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah...that unsportsmanlike on Parker, as he was high-stepping a defender on the way into the end zone. That play alone cost us that game. The fact that the officials agreed to the mistake makes it even worse. Can't replace that L with a W.

its all good! i figured we would lose one just glad we got it out of the way up front. now we are starting to roll and it is no stopping this week.

Manso/V8
10-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Peeing up is hazardous. Yellow shower.

Especially against the wind.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Especially against the wind.

Or, on a electric fence.:tisk:

BCain1963
10-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Your logic doesn't make since either. El campo loses to Bellville and that puts you in the running for DC. But Wharton beat Columbus and Bellville lost to them. El campo beat Wharton so were is the logic. The race for DC is still in the air.
On the other hand, Bellville has shown with two loses on the season and being unable to capitalize on opportunities in games. Y'all maybe not as good as first thought.
Still believe Wharton is the better team. And there stats will prove it going into Friday nights game.
And screw grammar " piss you off" Bellville.

Weebe
10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
If BCain is an El Campo high school graduate, our English teachers should have to give back a portion of their salaries.

Weebe
10-22-2013, 01:01 PM
The only reason the game even looked like this is because our QB would not throw the ball and when he did he threw it straight to white shirts. I believe our back up from last year should be starting

Is this the same QB that you predicted would help Wharton to blow out El Campo?

You really couldn't have any less credibility on this forum.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 01:02 PM

:spitlol:

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Your logic doesn't make since either. El campo loses to Bellville and that puts you in the running for DC. But Wharton beat Columbus and Bellville lost to them. El campo beat Wharton so were is the logic. The race for DC is still in the air.
On the other hand, Bellville has shown with two loses on the season and being unable to capitalize on opportunities in games. Y'all maybe not as good as first thought.
Still believe Wharton is the better team. And there stats will prove it going into Friday nights game.

just posted this on another thread should be here since you are talking about stats. Bellville has almost a 1000 more total yards than Wharton. all that speed must not be getting loose on anybody. one of our running backs has almost as many as the the Wharton team. you can not piss me off i am easy going. we will find out who is better Friday night. if Wharton is better than us how did we beat you guys? i know what your gonna say turnovers cost you the game but most of them was forced by the D. that is what i call good team work. you guys hung 20 on them and not really as good as you think. you are getting better at the right time which is good.

whitelightning5
10-22-2013, 01:04 PM

What stats are you referring to exactly? In the other thread, stats where posted that may make you second guess your comment. Keeping hanging on to the loss at Columbus. That seems to be all you have.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
you know what is funny about this whole thing? Last year we were in this same position 2 losses & no one gave us a second thought and we go all the way to the semi's and lose.
this year we lose a few games and we are ranked to high-not very good. lets see who is still handling an pigskin in a few more weeks and who playing with the buncey ball. it will all come out in the end, the best will rise and the others will be gone.

OLE'BULL
10-22-2013, 01:28 PM

You keep bringing up the 2 losses. Have you checked out the other team we lost to? Kinkaid? Look 'em up before you pass judgement. They are killing people. Oh and lets not forget, El Campo hasn't played as many games as Bellville. EC would have lost to Foster. There's your 2 losses rook. I dont think anyone thought Bellville was going to be unstoppable. Nobody thought that last year either and we turned out alright. I am not sure how anyone can even guess who is the best team in D-25. EC beats Wharton, BV beats EC, Columbus beats BV, no one knows yet, but I do know this, Bellville is better than El Campo when going head to head!

OLE'BULL
10-22-2013, 01:30 PM
you know what is funny about this whole thing? Last year we were in this same position 2 losses & no one gave us a second thought and we go all the way to the semi's and lose.
this year we lose a few games and we are ranked to high-not very good. lets see who is still handling an pigskin in a few more weeks and who playing with the buncey ball. it will all come out in the end, the best will rise and the others will be gone.

We actually had 3 losses at this point. Kinkaid, Giddings, and El Campo. I would rather fly under the radar. Bellville gets better as the season goes on.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 01:37 PM
i forgot about Giddings beating us my bad. i also like under the radar, thats the way my son likes it to. he is always telling me dad dont talk to much smack, lets us do the talking on the field. i tell him its all in fun.

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 01:53 PM
i forgot about Giddings beating us my bad. i also like under the radar, thats the way my son likes it to. he is always telling me dad dont talk to much smack, lets us do the talking on the field. i tell him its all in fun.

It get's a lot easier to talk smack when your son graduates to, eating crow is the easy part.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 02:02 PM
It get's a lot easier to talk smack when your son graduates to, eating crow is the easy part.

yeah i bet it does, but i still have one more year after this one. trust me i already tasted that crow from the Columbus game and it was not very good. when it is slow at work like today it helps me pass the time which is a good thing. good luck with Giddings this week. however i did pick them to win just one of those gut feelings nothing to do with who is better.

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 02:28 PM
yeah i bet it does, but i still have one more year after this one. trust me i already tasted that crow from the Columbus game and it was not very good. when it is slow at work like today it helps me pass the time which is a good thing. good luck with Giddings this week. however i did pick them to win just one of those gut feelings nothing to do with who is better.

You never know what can happen but I doubt very seriuosly it will happen this Friday, it does past the time.

BB BULLS
10-22-2013, 02:42 PM
well good luck again. going to the Wharton Bellville post see if i can Whartontiger fired up.

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 03:38 PM
well good luck again. going to the Wharton Bellville post see if i can Whartontiger fired up.

Well at least there is one poster on here from Wharton, he is just supporting his team. Maybe a little overboard but youth can do that to some, think it should be a good game but the POP should come out on top.

Weebe
10-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Well at least there is one poster on here from Wharton, he is just supporting his team. Maybe a little overboard but youth can do that to some, think it should be a good game but the POP should come out on top.

It has taken a while for the internets to reach Wharton.