PDA

View Full Version : Giddings @ La Grange

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Well here we go. This is the biggest rivalry for both teams going back over a hundred years. Winning this game is mandatory to have a successful season. Giddings 2-4 0-2 is coming off two losses to Cuero and Gonzales and is in a must win situation to stay in the run for the Playoffs. LG is 6-0 2-0 and is on a roll. I look forward to a big win next Friday to extend the Lep win streak in this rivalry to 2 games after losing 9 straight(2003-2011). Leps by 28.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2013, 01:21 AM
La Grange by.. A generous 21

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 01:42 AM
LG, by whatever they want!:D

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 07:54 AM
La Grange is playing great football now. They are solid in offense, defense and special teams. They had several really questionable personal fouls called against them and two phantom pass interference calls back to back in the end of the game which made no difference in the outcome but that's just how it is in Smithville LOL. Our offense is balanced about 50-50 run pass with one of the most mobile Qbs in recent memory. Davis is by far the biggest and best surprise of the 2013 season. He reminds me of Fitzpatrick of Giddings except he passes the ball much better. Our running game is very difficult to stop with such a capable passing threat. Our defense has steadily improved with each game and the play of the linebackers and safeties especially outstanding. I have decided to list our weaknesses:

Oh snap, I can't think of any right now.

Unless the Leps suffer an emotional let down the District Championship is theirs for the taking. Go Leps!

duckhunter
10-19-2013, 08:13 AM
La Grange is playing great football now. They are solid in offense, defense and special teams. They had several really questionable personal fouls called against them and two phantom pass interference calls back to back in the end of the game which made no difference in the outcome but that's just how it is in Smithville LOL. Our offense is balanced about 50-50 run pass with one of the most mobile Qbs in recent memory. Davis is by far the biggest and best surprise of the 2013 season. He reminds me of Fitzpatrick of Giddings except he passes the ball much better. Our running game is very difficult to stop with such a capable passing threat. Our defense has steadily improved with each game and the play of the linebackers and safeties especially outstanding. I have decided to list our weaknesses:

Oh snap, I can't think of any right now.

Unless the Leps suffer an emotional let down the District Championship is theirs for the taking. Go Leps!

If he would have been qb'ing last year instead of Vinclerk the Leps might've made a little more noise than they did. Showing now what a good mobile qb can do when given the chance. He has the Leps rolling along with the Fillmore and Dobbins. If they can get past d25 they have a chance to make a nice little run

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 08:50 AM
If he would have been qb'ing last year instead of Vinclerk the Leps might've made a little more noise than they did. Showing now what a good mobile qb can do when given the chance. He has the Leps rolling along with the Fillmore and Dobbins. If they can get past d25 they have a chance to make a nice little run

You just never know, you might be correct. Davis is a solid QB, we most likely would not have won the District championship without him. He was a key player for us last year , his defensive plays were huge in District. Leps looking good.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 09:30 AM

Vinklarek was a very effective qb just a different style then Davis. Our coaches have developed a different offense around Davis' style of play and it has amplified the effectiveness pf our running game so I agree with you there. Like I said from the beginning, Davis brings a new dimension to our offense. As hook points out he was lights out on defense in prior seasons so he has been a big contributor to the Leps all along. Our Rbs Filmore, Hutchison and Dobbins are some of the best I've seen on one team in 3a. The Leopards will get by D25 all right. I was at the Bellville-El Campo game and neither team is as balanced or as fast as the Leps. Folks who have not watched this team play have difficulty understanding how good they really are. If the Leps meet EC in game one it will be different this time with a Lep win.You can take that to the bank.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=I was at the Bellville-El Campo game and neither team is as balanced or as fast as the Leps. Folks who have not watched this team play have difficulty understanding how good they really are. If the Leps meet EC in game one it will be different this time with a Lep win.You can take that to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Line em up and kick off. LG hasn't seen a D anywhere close to ECs.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Line em up and kick off. LG hasn't seen a D anywhere close to ECs.

So do you think EC defense is better then what they had last season , with the Hunt kid they seemed pretty solid however their secondary was suspect.

duckhunter
10-19-2013, 10:29 AM
That's what I'm thinking. LG has the offense to hang with most teams but the defense is what scares me. If they can find a way to get a couple stops once playoffs start they could make a run. IF and COULD being the key words. Hard to to tell just how good they are in defense right now since they haven't played anyone

Weebe
10-19-2013, 10:34 AM
So do you think EC defense is better then what they had last season , with the Hunt kid they seemed pretty solid however their secondary was suspect.

The secondary is definitely better. I'm not sure they are better as a defense at this point, but we returned only 1 starter so they are just now starting to really click.

There are also a couple of starters out with injury that are supposed to come back in a couple of weeks I believe.

My biggest concern is the offense. We really have only one consistent weapon and have not shown we can throw the ball at all. Fumbles may also be their downfall as they have combined for 12 in the Bellville/Wharton games.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 10:38 AM
The secondary is definitely better. I'm not sure they are better as a defense at this point, but we returned only 1 starter so they are just now starting to really click.

There are also a couple of starters out with injury that are supposed to come back in a couple of weeks I believe.

My biggest concern is the offense. We really have only one consistent weapon and have not shown we can throw the ball at all. Fumbles may also be their downfall as they have combined for 12 in the Bellville/Wharton games.

Fuechec and Nielsen?

Weebe
10-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Fuechec and Nielsen?

I have heard Nielsen and DuBroc.

Not sure when or if Fuechec will come back this year. I'll see what I can find out.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 10:49 AM
I have heard Nielsen and DuBroc.

Not sure when or if Fuechec will come back this year. I'll see what I can find out.

That's good news. I heard Nielsen was out for the season.

speedbump
10-19-2013, 11:01 AM

I agree with Weebes assessment for the most part,but I think this D is better overall. With our sluggish offense and turn overs they spend much more time on the field than last years D.

Weebe
10-19-2013, 11:03 AM
That's good news. I heard Nielsen was out for the season.

I might be wrong, but I didn't think so.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 11:44 AM
That's what I'm thinking. LG has the offense to hang with most teams but the defense is what scares me. If they can find a way to get a couple stops once playoffs start they could make a run. IF and COULD being the key words. Hard to to tell just how good they are in defense right now since they haven't played anyone

So tell us what game has the Leps defense not done their job, only MF has put up any kind of yardage our D. Our defense pretty much dominated Columbus but I guess Columbus is not very good this year, since we have not played any quality teams yet you think our D is not up to par.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Closer than it should be, due to rival and in Giddings. Lep's win by 20.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 01:21 PM

Haven't played anyone?
LG dominated Columbus leading the whole game holding them to 6 points on a long pass play with blown coverage in the 2nd quarter until they scored against the 2nd team on a short field punt return with 30 seconds left in the game to close it 28-14. Leps had the 2nd team in at the 3 minute mark of the third quarter and yet Columbus only managed a punt return against the 2nds at the very end. Our D held Columbus to about 5 first downs(I don't have the exact stats but I'm sure we could find them if we looked hard enough).

Columbus beat Bellville; Bellville beat El Campo: La Grange beat Columbus

LG >Columbus>Bellville>El Campo by the most objective criteria, common opponents. But LG hasn't played anyone so what does that say about EC and Bellville?

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Haven't played anyone?
LG dominated Columbus leading the whole game holding them to 6 points on a long pass play with blown coverage in the 2nd quarter until they scored against the 2nd team on a short field punt return with 30 seconds left in the game to close it 28-14. Leps had the 2nd team in at the 3 minute mark of the third quarter and yet Columbus only managed a punt return against the 2nds at the very end. Our D held Columbus to about 5 first downs(I don't have the exact stats but I'm sure we could find them if we looked hard enough).

LG >Columbus>Bellville>El Campo by the most objective criteria, common opponents. But LG hasn't played anyone so what does that say about EC and Bellville?

Duck is a troll and has nothing good to say, must be some jealousy from years back. He has no team either, just trolls around but hell who would have him as a fan.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Duck is a troll and has nothing good to say, must be some jealousy from years back. He has no team either, just trolls around but hell who would have him as a fan.

HaHaHa..who would have him as a fan. That right there is funny.:spitlol:

duckhunter
10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Quack quack

duckhunter
10-19-2013, 08:02 PM
...oops

speedbump
10-19-2013, 08:21 PM
I might be wrong, but I didn't think so.

I heard Nielsens injury was an ACL. DuBroc has been back practicing but I'm sure they are going to take it slowly with him.

Pudlugger
10-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Back on topic, the Leps looked good on special teams play last two games with their pooch kickoffs and deep kick coverage. Both Smithville and Gonzales had fast athletic returners but were unable to return much past the thirty. Our second team defense had an impressive goal line stand against Smithville in pouring rain during the final minutes of the game. Our linebackers #9, #17 and #24 made some solid hits in the backfield pushing the tigers back from the 1 to the 13 yard line. Folks on this board have criticized our defense for giving up points in games that were well out of reach but by playing the bench they have gained experience and confidence and it will pay off now that we are getting deeper into the season. I expect the Leps will come out on fire Friday having the opportunity to beat the Buffaloes in Leopard stadium building on last year's 31-0 win.

hookandladder
10-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Man Pud I hate to miss this one however we will be traveling to Cisco for Blinn's final regular season game, we will be listening on the radio so goodness for the internet. Giddings will come to play with this being such a big rivalry but I feel pretty certain we continue our current win streak, Leps by 3 TD's and another shutout would be awesome.

Pudlugger
10-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Man Pud I hate to miss this one however we will be traveling to Cisco for Blinn's final regular season game, we will be listening on the radio so goodness for the internet. Giddings will come to play with this being such a big rivalry but I feel pretty certain we continue our current win streak, Leps by 3 TD's and another shutout would be awesome.

Sorry you can't make it but it is a long drive to Cisco so you need to leave Friday. Good luck to the Bucs and hope Logan gets some good playing time.

As for the Leps, I think that Coach Kates understands how big the Giddings game is and will pull out all the stops to get a huge win this week. We may see some new plays from deep in his playbook. so far the offense looks very good and I doubt giddings can make the necessary stops to get a win. Our defense is solidifying and is due for a break out performance. I don't think it will be hard to get the Leps up for this game LOL. They wait expectantly all year for this game. Leps by 28+

Pudlugger
10-21-2013, 07:18 AM

LG after 6 games average points per game: 50-21
Giddings after 6 games average points per game: 16-17

Columbus had the best defense the Lep's have faced thus far holding them to 28. This is going to be a big game for La Grange with the district race tightening and a pumped Yoakum crew lurking just around the corner.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I assure you Pud, the team isn't looking ahead of Gonzo. But, I am.

A lurking Yoakum in the last few meetings with LG, plays ya'll tough. LG wins the stats, yet--we're still in the game. If not for a questionable fake punt, that Yoakum prepared for over and over during practice, and still messed it up, we could of won last year. Should of just called a TO when they seen it being set up, and our d-back wasn't moving out into coverage to the hideout player, near your sideline. Not 100% sure it's even a legal play, the way the Lep players were shuttled in to set it up.:tisk: All players participating in a play, MUST be within the 9-yard mark (numbers) when ball is placed in play (via whistle) by referee. Officials missed it. Kinda like they did on that on side kick you performed and recovered. HL official on our side, who rules if kick traveled 10 yards after being kicked, before being touched by kicking team, was faked out and went 30 yards down field, back was turned away from dribbling kick (as seen on video) in middle of field, thinking it was a deep kick. He had no idea how far that kick traveled, yet---ruled it's status, when he returned back up field. On slo-mo video, appeared to travel 9 yards, then was touched, by a Lep player in the air, in center of field. Regardless, that official had no idea it's legal status, cause he was out of position.

I know, I know---that's football and I'll never blame an official's call or lack of one for a defeat or victory. We had other chances to win this game, and didn't do our part. But, it tells us, we can hang with the more talented teams, when we are determined, execute our game plan and don't turn it over. Spelt milk, new year. Next weeks re-match is all for nothing if we don't beat GZ this week. Something we seem to struggle to do recently.

Dog's want a district title, that's their mission, not just a playoff spot. They use this under the radar recognition as motivation each week.

Yoakum who? :wave: Awwww, the other 3A team in DeWitt County.

whitelightning5
10-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Haven't played anyone?

Here we go with this logic. Football is always about match ups.
Before you throw that 'criteria' out, why dont you just play who is on your schedule and hope that you beat EC in the first round. It looks like D1 is set up for your matchup.
I guess Bellville is inferior, having lost to Columbus. Unless you've been to the other games, I would hardly base that clunker against Columbus as the typical Bellville performances. They got caught sleep walking. They are high school kids at the end of the day.

Pudlugger
10-21-2013, 03:02 PM
To Whitelightening I only threw that out to counter the claim that LG hasn't played "anybody". Clearly we have played some decent teams if one of them can beat Bellville who beat El Campo. Common opponents are a reasonable yardstick but not perfect as you point out.

To YT: Yes that 2012 game was a tight one. As for the calls well as you know that goes both ways and it is part of the game. Don't forget we took 4 knees at the 1 rather than score the last td and give yall the ball with a minute to go(our running back Filmore purposely slide down at the 1 rather than take the ball into the end zone to avoid giving the Bulldogs one last possession with a little more than a minute left. Score easily could have been 35-27. However, if Yoakum scores after the KO it could have gone to OT or a win with a 2 point conversion. Coach Kates didn't want to take the chance as your Qb was hitting those wiley WRs consistently. Oh well, that is history. We will not take Yoakum for granted as they have demonstrated that they are a fine football team capable of winning district. Good luck against Gonzales always a big game out your way. We have to deal with our big rival Giddings for now.

whitelightning5
10-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Point taken PL. You still win by however many you want against Giddings.

Pudlugger
10-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Where are all the Giddings folks?

fanofthegame
10-22-2013, 06:03 AM
is there not anyone from giddings on this board?

gtownfan
10-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Where are all the Giddings folks?

We're here! Just not much to crow about.

90th meeting of these two teams. Leps lead all time series 39-43-7.

Our defense has been pretty good this year, keeping us in games, giving up 17 a game. But our offense has really struggled. A sophomore quarterback is getting better each game and so is the running game. O-line and receivers have been a big weakness. Got speed, but no hands. Coach Jones is making lots of adjustments on offense to get more production with the players he got.

Hoping for a close, hard fought game!

buff4ever
10-22-2013, 08:11 AM

Our defense has been pretty good this year, keeping us in games, giving up 17 a game. But our offense has really struggled. A sophomore quarterback is getting better each game and so is the running game. O-line and receivers have been a big weakness. Got speed, but no hands. Coach Jones is making lots of adjustments on offense to get more production with the players he got.

I agree and gtownfan has nailed it with this one, but on his last statement I amd going to agree with hard fought game, but hope for a miracle and some wow factor on the rivalry intensity, and the buffs by 14. That may be a long shot, but a man can hope. It will be interesting to see if our defense can continue to play well and keep us in the game like they have been. La Grange will probably be the best all around offense we have faced, so we will see how our kids do. The defense has held some pretty good offenses to below there average this year, the issue is that LG has been averaging to much to begin with.

Pudlugger
10-22-2013, 08:25 AM
It is a puzzle to me why Giddings is only 2-4 after a good start beating a good Liberty Hill team. It would seem to me that there may be a morale problem. Whatever it is, when the Buffs play LG they always get pumped and we can expect the best from them Friday. This game is very important for so many reasons and no doubt the Leps will come out fired up as well. We can be assured of a very exciting game. Good luck to both teams and here's hoping for a clean injury free game. May the best team win. Go Leps!

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 08:36 AM

Good post gtown. I watched the GZ game and it sure could of been a Giddings win had those deep balls been caught by those receivers behind the Apache secondary. Right in their hands. The young QB looks very good too. With your team's back against the wall, a must win situation, could be a dangerous team to play. I had made my prior post (A LG win here, before seeing you play). I'll say now, close very close. I would not be surprised if it happen either.

Pudlugger
10-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Back in the day when the face mask was a single bar and bloody noses were commonplace the team I played on was 0-6. The coach announced he was quitting before the big game against unbeaten district rival San Bernadino 6-0. The assistant coaches took over and we beat them 21-6. Morale issues or mind set play a huge roll in high school football. In my case it was the obvious adversarial relationship between the coach and the players. It may be other issues that can cause a team to play below expectations or talent levels such as poor discipline, prima donna players, goof offs, cynical or negative attitudes, trouble makers etc. I have seen good Leopard teams fail due to some of these foibles in the past. This team does not appear to have any of these issues and is imbued with a special sense of self confidence and poise. I see them getting better and better in the coming weeks. They will be ready Friday for Giddings.

gtownfan
10-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Back in the day when the face mask was a single bar and bloody noses were commonplace the team I played on was 0-6. The coach announced he was quitting before the big game against unbeaten district rival San Bernadino 6-0. The assistant coaches took over and we beat them 21-6. Morale issues or mind set play a huge roll in high school football. In my case it was the obvious adversarial relationship between the coach and the players. It may be other issues that can cause a team to play below expectations or talent levels such as poor discipline, prima donna players, goof offs, cynical or negative attitudes, trouble makers etc. I have seen good Leopard teams fail due to some of these foibles in the past. This team does not appear to have any of these issues and is imbued with a special sense of self confidence and poise. I see them getting better and better in the coming weeks. They will be ready Friday for Giddings.

It's not a moral issue with the buffs (we had that last year with a prima donna on the team). They are still playing hard for 4 quarters. It's just penalties that kill drives and not catching the ball.

Pudlugger
10-22-2013, 09:24 AM
It's not a moral issue with the buffs (we had that last year with a prima donna on the team). They are still playing hard for 4 quarters. It's just penalties that kill drives and not catching the ball.

Well those can be fixed. Leps expect the best from the Buffs whenever they play so it should be a good game.

buff4ever
10-22-2013, 09:33 AM

I wouldn't say there are any issues with the player and coaches here. We had issues at line last year, and they were not expected to be any better this year. The drops we are experiencing at receiver are not a pleasant surprise either. Our qb does throw a really nice ball, and more than generally puts it where the receiver can catch it. For a sophmore he has improved into a very nice qb. The defense has played a lot better than last year. We need some big boys is what we need. You can't expect our speedsters to make things happen without blocking and time.

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 11:59 AM
I know our offense has been clicking very well this year, it will be interesting to see when there is a little more pressure for them to score. It is very easy to get to high on yourself when it comes that easy, I know our team is very confident in their ability to move the ball however there will come a time when one or two mistakes will make a difference. We have faced a couple decent teams but we have not had to make any big time plays to win games, we just need to be pushed to see how we will act in those situations. This team has a shot at doing some special things this year, I just hope we stay well grounded and not let it go to our heads. Giddings will come in ready to play, it will be really important to pop them in the mouth and take charge early in the game.

Pudlugger
10-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Well said hook. The Leps need to establish the tempo of the game from the outset. Just as they did in Gonzales, they need to make the first contact memorable and go from there. By memorable I want those Buff defensive lineman to remember vividly how hard they were hit and how shocked they were twenty years from now. Heck, I remember when I was on the JV playing against a huge defensive tackle(he was built like one of those large gun safes you see at Cabela's) and on the first hit he put my butt on the ground and rumbled on in to sack our qb. After that I hit him hard and low and managed to hang on. That was 51 years ago and I remember it like it happened yesterday. Make it memorable for the other guy.:)

buff4ever
10-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Well said hook. The Leps need to establish the tempo of the game from the outset. Just as they did in Gonzales, they need to make the first contact memorable and go from there. By memorable I want those Buff defensive lineman to remember vividly how hard they were hit and how shocked they were twenty years from now. Heck, I remember when I was on the JV playing against a huge defensive tackle(he was built like one of those large gun safes you see at Cabela's) and on the first hit he put my butt on the ground and rumbled on in to sack our qb. After that I hit him hard and low and managed to hang on. That was 51 years ago and I remember it like it happened yesterday. Make it memorable for the other guy.:)

I have never seen pudlike live in the past, but this is twice in one day. This is an all new pud, are you trying to change your likeness?

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
on the first hit he put my butt on the ground and rumbled on in to sack our qb. After that I hit him hard and low and managed to hang on. That was 51 years ago and I remember it like it happened yesterday. Make it memorable for the other guy.:)

Pud, I didn't picture you as a holder. That's where they get it from in LG. LOL. Tore our nose guards jersey off the past few years. They had your mind set I guess. Too quick to stop, might as well hold and hope the ref's didn't call it. Often, they didn't. :flaming:

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Pud, I didn't picture you as a holder. That's where they get it from in LG. LOL. Tore our nose guards jersey off the past few years. They had your mind set I guess. Too quick to stop, might as well hold and hope the ref's didn't call it. Often, they didn't. :flaming:

That's what LG teaches our linemen to do after that put them on the ground, tear their jersey's off.

Pudlugger
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I have never seen pudlike live in the past, but this is twice in one day. This is an all new pud, are you trying to change your likeness?

I thought a little historical background would help to frame the narrative. Too many folks nowadays think history began when they were born.:doh:

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 07:26 PM
That's what LG teaches our linemen to do after that put them on the ground, tear their jersey's off.

Hey H&L, if it works and not called, keep on doing it I say.

hookandladder
10-22-2013, 07:43 PM

Pretty sure it is a proven fact that there is holding on every play, some are just better at not getting caught. You could most likely look at film and see holding on every play, all part of the game. Your defense has to be able to fight it off and still make the play, only the most obvious will normally be called and then you have some called when there is none. All teams are guilty , just the way it is.

Pudlugger
10-22-2013, 08:10 PM
YT just make sure you get that fat manilla envelope to the refs before the LG game. :D

YTBulldogs
10-22-2013, 09:07 PM
YT just make sure you get that fat manilla envelope to the refs before the LG game. :D

LOL. Maybe so? No issue, just odd how the poor kid was mugged and the Ump was looking right at it. Curious, what was ya'lls tip in that envelope? We are poor. LOL.

Pudlugger
10-23-2013, 05:23 AM
The Lep's defense has improved in the last two games. It will be interesting to see how they do against a fast Giddings offense. They have been getting plenty of playing time as the Lep offense has scored so quickly in the Smithville and Gonzales games. The offense can use ball control and clock management if needed but with Qb Davis' accurate arm lately the Leopards can strike suddenly. Go Leps, beat Giddings!

Pudlugger
10-23-2013, 08:35 AM
It's the 8th week of 3a hs football and the Leps have one of the best teams in years and where are the La Grange posters? Only two LG fans posting this season, hookandladder and me. Perhaps they are waiting to get on the bandwagon if we get into the playoffs. I remember when La Grange had many folks posting on this board. It is getting tiresome to try and maintain the enthusiasm and support for this great team without the support of our community on this board.:o

1st and goal
10-23-2013, 02:06 PM

Yoakum and LG have a lock on this type of O-line modus operandi. Please let us know what the payola is somebody, anybody?

YTBulldogs
10-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Yoakum and LG have a lock on this type of O-line modus operandi. Please let us know what the payola is somebody, anybody?

Join us. Just grab on and go for the ride until called.

1st and goal
10-23-2013, 02:22 PM
I have to say that at last week's game against Gonzales, some GZ person must've forgotten the payola... GZ was holding (like LG and Yoakum's O-line style) and paid dearly with the yellow laundry.

Hope that ref comes to LG this Friday night. :)

hookandladder
10-23-2013, 02:43 PM
I have to say that at last week's game against Gonzales, some GZ person must've forgotten the payola... GZ was holding (like LG and Yoakum's O-line style) and paid dearly with the yellow laundry.

Hope that ref comes to LG this Friday night. :)

It's only holding if they throw a flag, normally only the losing teams complains about the refs. Refs do not win or lose games, the games are won and lost by the players.

Pudlugger
10-23-2013, 06:02 PM
This game will be decided by the best team not the refs. The two teams will settle things on the field of play. Penalties go both ways.

From what I hear Giddings is playing good clean football and so are the Leps. I'm looking forward to a hard fought clean game with no injuries. Go leps!

1st and goal
10-23-2013, 07:03 PM
This game will be decided by the best team not the refs. The two teams will settle things on the field of play. Penalties go both ways.

From what I hear Giddings is playing good clean football and so are the Leps. I'm looking forward to a hard fought clean game with no injuries. Go leps!

I'm just funning y'all...OTOH, LG and Yoakum might want to start saving up for playoff ref payola. Obviously y'all din't pay enough last year. :)

zebrablue2
10-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure it is a proven fact that there is holding on every play, some are just better at not getting caught. You could most likely look at film and see holding on every play, all part of the game. Your defense has to be able to fight it off and still make the play, only the most obvious will normally be called and then you have some called when there is none. All teams are guilty , just the way it is.

keep the hands inside make it pretty easy to not call, and if u cannot get away from inside hands, well hit the WR!!!

zebrablue2
10-23-2013, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Pudlugger;1773865]It's the 8th week of 3a hs football and the Leps have one of the best teams in years and where are the La Grange posters? Only two LG fans posting this season, hookandladder and me. Perhaps they are waiting to get on the bandwagon if we get into the playoffs. I remember when La Grange had many folks posting on this board. It is getting tiresome to try and maintain the enthusiasm and support for this great team without the support of our community on this board.:o[/QUOTE should I recruit in LG Pud, I am there on Mon and Thurs???

GU_81
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Lone Star Football Network Game Simulation: La Grange 6 Giddings 0

Game Recap- The 2013 La Grange Leopards got the best of the 2013 Giddings Buffaloes in a very close battle. The 2013 Giddings Buffaloes played a very hard fought game but just fell short in the end. This was an unusually low scoring contest.

Pudlugger
10-23-2013, 11:37 PM
Yes please do. I always enjoy your posts. Go Leps

Pudlugger
10-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Lone Star Football Network Game Simulation: La Grange 6 Giddings 0

Game Recap- The 2013 La Grange Leopards got the best of the 2013 Giddings Buffaloes in a very close battle. The 2013 Giddings Buffaloes played a very hard fought game but just fell short in the end. This was an unusually low scoring contest.

I can almost guarantee you that the Leps will score more than 6, much more in fact. They average 50 points scored per game.

GU_81
10-23-2013, 11:59 PM
I can almost guarantee you that the Leps will score more than 6, much more in fact. They average 50 points scored per game.

I don't doubt it. I find the game simulator interesting, but humorous. I just started looking at it this season. The predicted scores are often ridiculous, but to be honest, I don't think I have seen an instance yet where it did not nail the winner.

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 12:09 AM
I don't doubt it. I find the game simulator interesting, but humorous. I just started looking at it this season. The predicted scores are often ridiculous, but to be honest, I don't think I have seen an instance yet where it did not nail the winner.

:D I thought it was some kind of joke. This simulator really exists? Sad. Well it probably has the winner right but the game must be played and it is never a sure thing against Giddings.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 12:14 AM
I don't think I have seen an instance yet where it did not nail the winner.

You will this week.:wave: Not this certain game either.

GU_81
10-24-2013, 12:49 AM
:D I thought it was some kind of joke. This simulator really exists? Sad. Well it probably has the winner right but the game must be played and it is never a sure thing against Giddings.

You can even change the weather conditions for the game. If it makes you feel any better Pud, if there is by chance an earthquake, the simulator says LG will win 9-0. If there is a flood however, LG only wins 3-0 and several cars will get washed away from the parking lot and the visiting team will use a boat to get to the locker room.

YT - I tried to help you out and ran every weather condition possible. The prediction is the pretty much the same for your boys, regardless of clear conditions or nuclear holocaust (which really is an option).

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 01:05 AM
You can even change the weather conditions for the game. If it makes you feel any better Pud, if there is by chance an earthquake, the simulator says LG will win 9-0. If there is a flood however, LG only wins 3-0 and several cars will get washed away from the parking lot and the visiting team will use a boat to get to the locker room.

YT - I tried to help you out and ran every weather condition possible. The prediction is the pretty much the same for your boys, regardless of clear conditions or nuclear holocaust (which really is an option).

Good stuff right here GU. Love it. Wonder if we should even show up to the Reservation Friday or not now? What was last weeks run of our matchup?

GU_81
10-24-2013, 01:16 AM
What was last weeks run of our matchup?

Why do you think I didn't post it? :blush: Yoakum by 1. Stupid simulator :mad:

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Giddings has a good defense holding Bellville to 14 and LH to 20. It will be a test for the Leps to break out on offense against a determined Buffalo team in this rivalry game. Our defense needs to come up big in this game to establish a tone going forward.

buff4ever
10-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Giddings has a good defense holding Bellville to 14 and LH to 20. It will be a test for the Leps to break out on offense against a determined Buffalo team in this rivalry game. Our defense needs to come up big in this game to establish a tone going forward.

Don't leave out the Gonzales 12 that we allowed. Those were allowed in the first two drives, then we shut them down the rest of the night, without creating even a turnover. For the most part the defense has played very well this year. They will have to show up big again this week to keep us in it, as LG sounds to have a very good offense.

buff4ever
10-24-2013, 10:13 AM
I guess caldwell is so bad that it isn't worth mentioning that we held them to 7. That might of been with some backups in as well, I can't remember when they scored; but we definetely played backups in the fourth qtr.

1st and goal
10-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Just remember everybody to BYOFL. (BYO flashlights) After some LG clown turned off the lights a few years back immediately after we sang our school song.

That is all.
:)

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Yes the buff defense has acquitted themselves well against some decent teams. So far Columbus has had the best defense (Rusty Cauthern is an outstanding DC) so far against the Leps. Looking forward to tomorrow night when we face off once again. Go Leps!

hookandladder
10-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Just remember everybody to BYOFL. (BYO flashlights) After some LG clown turned off the lights a few years back immediately after we sang our school song.

That is all.

The person that turned the lights no longer works for LGISD , word is he was a spy from Giddings. You just never know these days, hopefully there is not another one.

1st and goal
10-24-2013, 12:01 PM
The person that turned the lights no longer works for LGISD , word is he was a spy from Giddings. You just never know these days, hopefully there is not another one.

I don't think it was a spy from Giddings because all the LG fans had left the stadium during the 3rd quarter so it didn't effect them. Including Elvis.

But maybe if we did plant a spy, we could have him turn out the lights just as the Buffs were hiking the ball on a run play.

Plus, I've stated it online here before (after that game) that I think the home cooked refs must have been on to it because at the end of the game, they all sprinted off at 4.3 speed to leave. Must've been scared or else thtey knew the lights were going off.

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 12:19 PM
What's up woith all the bellyaching about holding, refs, home cooking, turning the lights off and such? Just having some fun I know but it's Thursday and only a day left to get some football snmack talk in. This is La Grange - Giddings folks not your run of the mill ho humm game between Bumsville High and Mount Heifer Academy. let's get it on!:D

LG takes out 9 years of frustration on the Buffs in this series and extends their streak to 2 with a 35-17 win.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 12:22 PM
What's up woith all the bellyaching about holding, refs, home cooking, turning the lights off and such? Just having some fun I know but it's Thursday and only a day left to get some football snmack talk in. This is La Grange - Giddings folks not your run of the mill ho humm game between Bumsville High and Mount Heifer Academy. let's get it on!:D

LG takes out 9 years of frustration on the Buffs in this series and extends their streak to 2 with a 35-17 win.

:eek:

hookandladder
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't think it was a spy from Giddings because all the LG fans had left the stadium during the 3rd quarter so it didn't effect them. Including Elvis.

But maybe if we did plant a spy, we could have him turn out the lights just as the Buffs were hiking the ball on a run play.

Plus, I've stated it online here before (after that game) that I think the home cooked refs must have been on to it because at the end of the game, they all sprinted off at 4.3 speed to leave. Must've been scared or else thtey knew the lights were going off.

The only people that I know that blame refs or call them home cooked refs are losers, refs do not win and lose game. Period, End of story.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 01:20 PM
The only people that I know that blame refs or call them home cooked refs are losers, refs do not win and lose game. Period, End of story.

:thumbsup:

1st and goal
10-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Tell that to the coach of Iowa State you old boot lickers.

Besides, if either of you could read you could surmise that we kicked LG's can that year too. LOL.

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Besides, if either of you could read you could surmise that we kicked LG's can that year too. LOL.

OK that's it now we're pissed! LG by 40.:flaming::devil::evilgrin:

1st and goal
10-24-2013, 07:43 PM
OK that's it now we're pissed! LG by 40.:flaming::devil::evilgrin:

40, do I hear 50?

hookandladder
10-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Tell that to the coach of Iowa State you old boot lickers.

I do not care if you won that year or not, I am just saying only losers make excuses or complain about the refs winning or losing games. That is a typical response you would hear from Little league parent, excuses are for losers. Don't be a loser, End of story.

buff4ever
10-24-2013, 11:14 PM
the buffs swept 7th thru jv tonight. would be sweet to complete the sweep tomorrow with big upset win in LG.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Game day finally here. The Leps are healthy and ready to play. Let's have a good clean injury free game with the best team winning. Go Leps!

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm going with the Leps.

1st and goal
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
I do not care if you won that year or not, I am just saying only losers make excuses or complain about the refs winning or losing games. That is a typical response you would hear from Little league parent, excuses are for losers. Don't be a loser, End of story.

You talk a big fricking game when your team is on the up. Personally I don't have a stake in this game and feel that our team would have to have its best game to win, but for you to call me a loser on a board is showing the small brain you have. You are a real winner hook...not.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Whoever wins tonight will get my respect. No excuses. Giddings is always a worthy opponent and had owned the Leps from 2003-2011. Now the leps are fielding a very strong team and Giddings comes into this game as a spoiler. It will be another good game between two cross county rivals.

hookandladder
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
You talk a big fricking game when your team is on the up. Personally I don't have a stake in this game and feel that our team would have to have its best game to win, but for you to call me a loser on a board is showing the small brain you have. You are a real winner hook...not.

If you read my post again, I never said you personally are a loser. I said anyone who blames the refs for losing a game are losers, that is normally the only ones that complain about the refs after losing a game. Just my opinion , why should you give a damn. You either win or lose on the field, making comment's or excuses about the refs is not going to change the outcome. Pretty sure you brought up the exccessive holding on LG, did you really thing you would not have anyone fire back at you. Get Real, It's La Grange - Giddings. No doubt I expect LG to win this game but there is no way in hell that I would come back on here and make excuses if we were to lose. To each his own.

YTBulldogs
10-25-2013, 11:43 AM
I think I brought up the LG holding Hook. And, ya'll are good at it. And, if it's not getting called, keep on, keeping on I say.

hookandladder
10-25-2013, 11:48 AM
I think I brought up the LG holding Hook. And, ya'll are good at it. And, if it's not getting called, keep on, keeping on I say.

Every team holds, part of football.

YTBulldogs
10-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Every team holds, part of football.

:iagree: Some are better at it. Keep the grasp inside.

1st and goal
10-25-2013, 02:30 PM
If you read my post again, I never said you personally are a loser. I said anyone who blames the refs for losing a game are losers, that is normally the only ones that complain about the refs after losing a game. Just my opinion , why should you give a damn. You either win or lose on the field, making comment's or excuses about the refs is not going to change the outcome. Pretty sure you brought up the exccessive holding on LG, did you really thing you would not have anyone fire back at you. Get Real, It's La Grange - Giddings. No doubt I expect LG to win this game but there is no way in hell that I would come back on here and make excuses if we were to lose. To each his own.

I did read your post again. Why should I give a damn? You quoted me. Who were you talking to smalley? If you read my posts, I was just funning with Yoakum. You have a small brain in a megalomaniacle head and probably a bad combover too. I'm not a little league parent either. I guess you think your the "stud parent" because the good Lord gave your son enough talent to get a junior college scholarship. Well, good for him. But you are a piece of work.

1st and goal
10-25-2013, 02:31 PM
PS, you better hope I'm not the ref tonight. If so, I'm calling holding on every play longer than 3 yards.

hookandladder
10-25-2013, 02:40 PM
PS, you better hope I'm not the ref tonight. If so, I'm calling holding on every play longer than 3 yards.

Does not matter one bit, the refs will not decide this game nor will they decide any game. Just does not happen, weather you think it does or not. Also , the outcome of the game does not affect me one bit. Them days are over, this is not about my son and I have not said one thing about your kids or your family. I just stated my opinion on what I think about people using refs as an excuse, it is so sad that it is even heard from kids starting at very early ages complaining that they lost because of the refs. Just not right, just like this post. Amazing.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Hook you need to empty your pm inbox.

As for this whole holding issue why don't we just let it go and not hold onto it...:D opps...I mean let's drop it for now.

1st and goal
10-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Does not matter one bit, the refs will not decide this game nor will they decide any game. Just does not happen, weather you think it does or not. Also , the outcome of the game does not affect me one bit. Them days are over, this is not about my son and I have not said one thing about your kids or your family. I just stated my opinion on what I think about people using refs as an excuse, it is so sad that it is even heard from kids starting at very early ages complaining that they lost because of the refs. Just not right, just like this post. Amazing.

Iowa State lost because of the refs.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Iowa State lost because of the refs.

Common 1st, you expect anyone on this board to give a rat's ass about the Cyclones? Get real :D

1st and goal
10-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Common 1st, you expect anyone on this board to give a rat's ass about the Cyclones? Get real :D

Not really, it just puts their T-back thongs in a tight, knotted wedgy when you tell them that the horns really lost that game, and deep in their inner sanctum, they know it's true.

They just hate to think about it because it makes them throw up a little in their mouths.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 03:11 PM
:
Not really, it just puts their T-back thongs in a tight, knotted wedgy when you tell them that the horns really lost that game, and deep in their inner sanctum, they know it's true.

They just hate to think about it because it makes them throw up a little in their mouths.

:spitlol:

hookandladder
10-25-2013, 03:17 PM

You cannot be really serious, I am pretty sure Texas has a W next to their name and Iowa St. has an L . Funny stuff coming from an aggie who just got beat by Auburn but I am sure Auburn is now the real deal now, Aggie football team is nothing without Johnny Football. Just another middle of the pack team.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Oh snap, now you've done it 1st!:1omg!:

1st and goal
10-25-2013, 06:28 PM
You cannot be really serious, I am pretty sure Texas has a W next to their name and Iowa St. has an L . Funny stuff coming from an aggie who just got beat by Auburn but I am sure Auburn is now the real deal now, Aggie football team is nothing without Johnny Football. Just another middle of the pack team.

Yes I am serious, just like the whole announcing crew that evening couldn't believe it that night either. And they are supposed to be neutral. Just like in the OJ trial, if you have enough money, you can buy off just about whomever you want. Yea yea, set up your strawman argument about the Ags. Everyone who knows an ounce of football understands we have the greenest D in the state. Go see my post on the TAMU thread I wrote if you want to get your combover dander up. Seen some nice D commits coming our way. Some that'll probably get a chance to play their 1st season.

BTW, Hope for a good, clean, hard fought, neutrally called game tonight.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Wow what an exciting game. Hats off to the Buffaloes for taking it down to the wire. After recovering an onsides kick at the 34 they moved the ball down to the 4 1st and goal. An incredible effort by the Lep D in a goal line stand led to a pass batted down in the endzone on 4th and 5 to give the Leps the ball with about 1:45 left. The Leps ran out the clock and win 20-14. Giddings played a very good game with few penalties and only one turnover(a high snap from center). Our kicker missed the extra point on the second score which is only the third time this season he has missed. The Lep D held the Buffs on another deep drive to end in a missed field goal(hit the upright and bounced out). Credit our defense for rising to the occasion while our offense struggled against a scrappy Buff defense. On a down note we lost another starting O lineman #50 with a sprained Achilles tendon in the 2n quarter. He will most likely be out for 4-6 weeks . Now the Leps need to work on their game to get prepared for Yoakum. Fortunately this team plays best on away games.

1st and goal
10-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Definitely game ball goes out to LG's D. What a game, what a game. Sad that the Buffs have lost all 3 district games by 1 score. Except for not punching it in from first and goal, that was the Buffs best offensive play I've seen all year against a good D.

LG, you all need to get the ball in Hutchinson's hands more often.

Pudlugger
10-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Agree 1st, game ball to LG Defense for sure. Hutchison hit the holes fast last night and kept the Lep offense going when it counted. The Giddings defense kept 8 men in the box most of the time and it worked well in neutralizing our running game between tackles. The holes closed very quickly and Filmore had difficulty finding a seam and appeared to be dodging Buffs all night at the LOS. Credit the Buff DL and LB for great play. One player who stood out tall was freshman cb and wr #22 Dobbins. That catch over his shoulder with excellent coverage for a td was definitely the play of the . He also broke up several long pass plays to save sure tds on defense despite his considerable height disadvantage. I think he was the one who batted the ball down in the end zone on the 4th down play from the 5 ending Giddings hope for a come from behind win last night. He is such a fine athlete the Lep fans will enjoy watching him grow and develop over the next 3+ years. The Giddings game plan was outstanding with equally excellent execution and no doubt the up coming teams will be studying it on film to try and stop our offense. Giddings only had one turnover on the high snap and recovered the crucial onsides kick setting up the final nerve wracking drive ending in the Lep goal line stand. Very few penalties for the Buffs as well. All in all it is hard to say if the Buffs could have played a better game. Very little daylight between these two teams last night. This was a classic Giddings-LG rivalry game.

hookandladder
10-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Was not at the game however was able to listen , LG definitely very fortunate to win this big time rivalry game , Giddings offense was the difference in this game . Kept the LG offense off the field , Congrats to LG on the win and good luck to Giddings on winning out to possibly nail down one of those playoff spots.

Pudlugger
10-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Was not at the game however was able to listen , LG definitely very fortunate to win this big time rivalry game , Giddings offense was the difference in this game . Kept the LG offense off the field , Congrats to LG on the win and good luck to Giddings on winning out to possibly nail down one of those playoff spots.

True Giddings converted on 3rd down way too much but the Lep d did not break with two goal line stands. The first one ended in a missed FG the second ended the Giddings comeback. From watching the game it was apparent that the Giddings D was stacking the box and blitzing quite a bit. I was surprised that the Leps never ran the screen to Filmore, it would have been very successful. Also there were few qb draws. The quick pass over the middle was tried once for good yardage but could have been going all night. The offense was running plain vanilla all night. Why not run wide with Hutchison a little more too? I don't think Giddings had enough speed to neutralize the wide running game. Hopefully the play calling next week will open up the offense better. We are heading into rough waters and need to buckle up.