bd62
10-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Yoakum played very good. T Heights special player

LV_Bearfan
10-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Congrats to Yoakum. The rivalry lives.

Old Green
10-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Heights is a monster on offense. Fast and elusive. Congrats Yoakum.

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Damn , Congrats to Yoakum. How the hell did you guys not beat Smithville by 50, Smithville looked like they were playing JV players.Size wise.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Heights is a monster on offense. Fast and elusive. Congrats Yoakum.

By far the most explosive player Sinton has faced this season.

bd62
10-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Damn , Congrats to Yoakum. How the hell did you guys not beat Smithville by 50, Smithville looked like they were playing JV players.Size wise.

It's Cuero. It's normal for Yoakum to play lights out
Against Cuero when talent level is pretty even. There are
Years when Cuero talent was way above Yoakum and they
Would still play them harder than anyone else . They better
Play at this level rest of year cus there is 3 tough teams left
For them

Spursfan
10-18-2013, 11:35 PM
It's Cuero. It's normal for Yoakum to play lights out
Against Cuero when talent level is pretty even. There are
Years when Cuero talent was way above Yoakum and they
Would still play them harder than anyone else . They better
Play at this level rest of year cus there is 3 tough teams left
For them

It doesn't matter like Coach K said.. "We beat CUERO! That's all that matters!!!!

1stnurseryman
10-18-2013, 11:48 PM
It doesn't matter like Coach K said.. "We beat CUERO! That's all that matters!!!!

I've known Coach K for over 35 years and I can promise u he did not say that!!! End of story...

bd62
10-18-2013, 11:53 PM
I've known Coach K for over 35 years and I can promise u he did not say that!!! End of story...

I agree. He did not say that.But them kids mindset is very different when they play Cuero.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Congratulations Bulldogs I thought Yoakum had Cuero's number this year. See you in 2 weeks.

Blue42
10-19-2013, 12:11 AM
The dogs line over powered the Gobblers
And the Hights kids made it happen hard running don't think Yoakum had a turnover did a great job holding on to the ball
Hopkins was held on check as he had at least 2 kids on him before he even got the ball
Glad we have Smithville at home next week
Good luck to our neighbors rest of the season

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 12:39 AM

Step 2 completed on the mission. I assure you Brent never said this. Is amazing what you do when healthy and no TO's. Now, it's them tough Apaches next, who have owned us the past few years. Cuero has a solid club and will finish strong.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Game stats:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=180993&TeamID=249&SearchType=Teams

regaleagle
10-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Looks like some fairly impressive stats against Cuero tonite, YT. Gonzo will have their hands full next week against this Yoakum bunch. Great night for the Bulldogs and their faithful fanbase. Congrats.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 02:11 AM
Looks like some fairly impressive stats against Cuero tonite, YT. Gonzo will have their hands full next week against this Yoakum bunch. Great night for the Bulldogs and their faithful fanbase. Congrats.

No, we will have our hands full with the Apaches. Coach Lock game plans us very well. We will be prepared and I think this "O" can have some success against them, unlike year's past. It will be a tough one for sure. Yes, we are excited in YT. But, it's just another step towards their mission they set. Gotta "Win the Day" on Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs and then, when the lights come on Friday. Coach Kornegay had a awesome game plan, and the kid's executed it well. We still have much work to improve on. IE: KO coverage. Couple games in a row, it went house against us. It is a great night to be a Bulldog though. And finely healthy. :2thumbsup

Just watched the game on Hudl. Bad thing about back officiating this year, I miss my Dogs in person.

Cuero is a good team too. They'll be in the playoffs.

duckhunter
10-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Yoakum struggled with smithville. Cuero struggles with Yoakum. I guess it's the buffs time to get a win now

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Yoakum struggled with smithville. Cuero struggles with Yoakum. I guess it's the buffs time to get a win now

Look who popped up out of the duck blind blasting away with his .410. Giddings will not get the win. Your assessment of D26 is ridiculous. D25 is the weaker district this year. Columbus beats Bellville, Bellville beats El Campo, El Campo beats Wharton...D25 is the more inconsistent district with three or four teams more or less equal that will not make it past the 3rd week of the play offs this year. D25 is not at the level they were in 2012. No D25 team will win R4 let alone make it to Jerry's World like they did in 2012. Why don't you take off your blinders and take an objective look at the competition for a change instead of running down D26 teams all the time. D26 may not be the toughest district in 3a but they have been playing some damn fine football this year.

If you are really following D26 you would know that Yoakum struggled with the loss of 4 of their better starters since week 0 and just last week got 3 of them back. Sure they "struggled" against Smithville but with the fresh players back that is understandable. It seems they have finally found their groove and are a completely different team now. Yoakum is playing great football at the right point in the season and compares favorably with any D25 team.

duckhunter
10-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Look who popped up out of the duck blind blasting away with his .410. Giddings will not get the win. Your assessment of D26 is ridiculous. D25 is the weaker district this year. Columbus beats Bellville, Bellville beats El Campo, El Campo beats Wharton...D25 is the more inconsistent district with three or four teams more or less equal that will not make it past the 3rd week of the play offs this year. D25 is not at the level they were in 2012. No D25 team will win R4 let alone make it to Jerry's World like they did in 2012. Why don't you take off your blinders and take an objective look at the competition for a change instead of running down D26 teams all the time. D26 may not be the toughest district in 3a but they have been playing some damn fine football this year.

La grange is good yes, but the rest of the district is very average. We will see come playoff time how the two districts match up with each other. It should be fun.

Weebe
10-19-2013, 09:59 AM

If you are really following D26 you would know that Yoakum struggled with the loss of 4 of their better starters since week 0 and just last week got 3 of them back. Sure they "struggled" against Smithville but with the fresh players back that is understandable. It seems they have finally found their groove and are a completely different team now. Yoakum is playing great football at the right point in the season and compares favorably with any D25 team.

D25 will win at least 2 of 4 first round matchups and maybe 3 of 4.

It's La Grange and a bunch of average teams in D26.

hookandladder
10-19-2013, 10:33 AM

I think both District's are very even overall, Giddings held their own against Bellville and Giddings is in a big hole to even make the playoffs in a 6 team District. Playoff time will be very interesting to see which teams step up, now it is all about which teams continue to get better.

Weebe
10-19-2013, 10:50 AM
I think both District's are very even overall, Giddings held their own against Bellville and Giddings is in a big hole to even make the playoffs in a 6 team District. Playoff time will be very interesting to see which teams step up, now it is all about which teams continue to get better.

I don't disagree, other than La Grange looking better than all the other teams in 25 and 26.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Who's those out of D25 that are not average themselves?

Spursfan
10-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Pictures of the game!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjL2mDVy

Blue42
10-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Not taking anything away from the Hights kids but give lots of credit to the Bulldog line they controlled the Gobbler line on O and D watch the film the Cuero D backs made 75% of all the stops

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Not taking anything away from the Hights kids but give lots of credit to the Bulldog line they controlled the Gobbler line on O and D watch the film the Cuero D backs made 75% of all the stops

Yes sir. He'll be the first to credit that o-line. That's Tre'. Nothing without the hogs. He even had some extended time in the pocket. Though, throws were not on target often. OL been a work in progress too. It's coming around.