PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Ryan stepping down as Rangers CEO

Scoop27
10-17-2013, 04:50 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports&id=9291042
http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2013/10/17/nolan-ryan-retires-as-rangers-ceo/?cmpid=hpbn

Macarthur
10-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Sad.

bobcat1
10-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Kicking to the curb all that baseball knowledge. Good job JD.

refereedoc
10-17-2013, 07:16 PM
The Ballpark in Arlington won't be the same:weeping:

Deuce
10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Kicking to the curb all that baseball knowledge. Good job JD.

Love Nolan as much as anyone, but JD built this team!

Tejastrue
10-17-2013, 08:17 PM
I have to say JD tweaked it just a bit too much this past season. Probably one of the reasons Nolan decided to leave. Nobody could have predicted the pitching catastrophe of the past couple of years but look at some of the talent that got away. Boston thanks JD.....and we need to stop looking to the islands so much for talent.

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah, well.....his son is over at the Astros(both sons are). And he and JD has some major disagreements the past 2 yrs, so this is what was gonna happen....and it did. Nolan will now concentrate on his cattle operation, and maybe move into some kind of position for the Astros as soon as his holdings with the Rangers are sold. Write it down....he'll end his baseball career with his sons.

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2013, 12:00 AM
I think everyone is overrating what Ryan has done...But that will happen when he is the known name

D'Highlander
10-18-2013, 05:48 AM
I think everyone is overrating what Ryan has done...But that will happen when he is the known name

I agree... He was just a face

coach
10-18-2013, 07:11 AM
I agree... He was just a face

False. He completely changed the way we approached the pitchers mound. When he came in ou era went down and our starters pitched longer innings.We went to the World Series twice then took away some of his decision makings and look what we have done since then. I think its the other way around. I think JD is overrated.

panther89
10-18-2013, 07:30 AM
False. He completely changed the way we approached the pitchers mound. When he came in ou era went down and our starters pitched longer innings.We went to the World Series twice then took away some of his decision makings and look what we have done since then. I think its the other way around. I think JD is overrated.

:iagree:

Although I don't think JD is overrated, Nolan changed the entire focus of the pitchers. Without Nolan and Maddox it would have been totally different.

This is a sad day indeed.

D'Highlander
10-18-2013, 07:53 AM

I agree Nolan had a hand in that but here recently, he has been nothing but a whinny baby. I credit a lot of the good pitching to Maddox

Macarthur
10-18-2013, 08:34 AM

I think it's somewhere in between.

I think JD has built this team. No question. And all you need to know is that if the rangers let JD go, here are about 20 teams lining up to try and hire him for their club. So I think this is the right thing.

However, I do give Nolan credit for bringing credibility to this franchise when they were in a really bad spot. And I think he some input on the toughening up of this pitching staff.

Deuce
10-18-2013, 09:46 AM

I think JD has built this team. No question. And all you need to know is that if the rangers let JD go, here are about 20 teams lining up to try and hire him for their club. So I think this is the right thing.

However, I do give Nolan credit for bringing credibility to this franchise when they were in a really bad spot. And I think he some input on the toughening up of this pitching staff.

Spot on!

Farmersfan
10-18-2013, 12:01 PM

I agree! I think Nolan brought a toughness to the team. A no-nonsense approach to things. He also changed the food quite a bit at the ballpark........