PDA

View Full Version : Case Keenum to start for Texans against KC on Sunday

Scoop27
10-17-2013, 02:03 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/case-keenum-to-start-sunday-against-chiefs/

hollywood
10-17-2013, 02:22 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/case-keenum-to-start-sunday-against-chiefs/

Cool! His dad was one of my coaches in high school.

Here's some funny trivia for ya.

Graham Harrell and Case Keenum were running around the football field as young little pestering twerps during our practices. Case was about 3 and Graham was about 5.

nobogey72
10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Just saw that also. Just wish it was against a team other than the Chiefs and somewhere other than Arrowhead Stadium which is the loudest stadium in the NFL. But this is exactly the kind of opportunity that all us Wylie folks have hoped would come along for Case.

Blue42
10-17-2013, 02:41 PM
If the Texans win they erect a statue to him down town and he will be the starting QB for the rest of the season. I hope it happens for him.

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Woah....

Roughneck93
10-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Big fan of Case, hope he does well.

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Super Bowl here we come

Snotbubbles
10-17-2013, 02:58 PM
O'boy. One turd for another. Long year.

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Scoop27 finally scooped us.

Big, good news!

Farmersfan
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM
He was third on the depth chart for a reason! I hope he does well but I wouldn't really expect it.

cougartino
10-17-2013, 03:23 PM
He was third on the depth chart for a reason! I hope he does well but I wouldn't really expect it.

:iagree:

nobogey72
10-17-2013, 03:54 PM

Your mama's a turd !!!

99IHSMustang
10-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Your mama's a turd !!!

:spitlol:

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2013, 04:12 PM

No ones expecting great things.... More sarcasm than anything... But he can't do any worse than Schaub and Yates have done so at least give him a shot. They've got nothing to lose so here goes nothing. Personally I'm a fan of the 3A boy and hope he can make the most of it.

slingshot
10-17-2013, 05:59 PM
O'boy. One turd for another. Long year.May an army of fire ants infest your scrotum...

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Cool! His dad was one of my coaches in high school.

Here's some funny trivia for ya.

Graham Harrell and Case Keenum were running around the football field as young little pestering twerps during our practices. Case was about 3 and Graham was about 5.

Did you know Bob Shipley and Brad McCoy were roommates at ACU? Did you also know Jordan and Colt were roommates at Texas?

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 11:43 PM
I like the idea of Case starting, but looking at the photos on Chron.com.....the guy is short for an NFL QB!

regaleagle
10-18-2013, 12:50 AM
My brother said last week, and even the week before, that the Texans have nothing to lose by playing Case. He's not sold on TJ, either. He has detested that the Texans still went with Schaub this season after last year's nightmare. Well, it looks like he's getting his wish. I hope it turns out to be a positive day for Case Keenum. My son was a Cougar at UH during Case's years. So we have the whole family pulling for him. GO Case, GO Texans.

Mojo84
10-18-2013, 06:42 AM
I'm glad to see the kid get a chance. Hope he does well.

slingshot
10-18-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm glad to see the kid get a chance. Hope he does well.This. Those who call Case a "turd" have no clue and obviously do not know him. Class individual all the way around. Football skill is just a small part of it....

Gone Fishing
10-18-2013, 08:04 AM
I like the idea of Case starting, but looking at the photos on Chron.com.....the guy is short for an NFL QB!

I'm all for it. Give him the chance. Johnny will be short for NFL too.

Manso/V8
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm all for it. Give him the chance. Johnny will be short for NFL too.

Oh yeah! He may be the spark the Texans need.

cougartino
10-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Will this be the 5th straight week of no slushies?

coach
10-18-2013, 10:34 AM

But he's better than romo

Farmersfan
10-18-2013, 10:38 AM
I was struggling to find my team in my fantasy eliminator league. Starting a 3rd string QB against that KC defense in Kansas City gives me a overwhelming favorite.............. Thanks Texans!

Farmersfan
10-18-2013, 10:39 AM
But he's better than romo

Is he better than Kurt Warner or Warren Moon? I can't think of any other undrafted free agent QBs who have ever had success in the NFL................

El Prup Bulldog
10-18-2013, 10:41 AM

Perhaps Case said it best this week: "I've had a lot of people tell me I can't do a lot of things. I'm too short or this or that, but you can't believe a lot of that stuff. You just have to be given an opportunity and you have to be ready when you get that opportunity."

He had a great preseason and will be ready to go this Sunday.

El Prup Bulldog
10-18-2013, 10:45 AM

Yeah, classy comment.

Farmersfan
10-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Perhaps Case said it best this week: "I've had a lot of people tell me I can't do a lot of things. I'm too short or this or that, but you can't believe a lot of that stuff. You just have to be given an opportunity and you have to be ready when you get that opportunity."

He had a great preseason and will be ready to go this Sunday.

It would be awesome if he could come out and have a historic day. Another underdog success story would be great. But no amount of wishing or hoping changes the fact that his performance in the day to day practices, training camp, presesaon games , college career or high school career had the Texans coaches or ownership convinced he was not better than the two QBs he just replaced. I'm just saying there is a reason he couldn't move ahead of Schaub or Yates in the depth chart. If he steps up and plays a lot better in game situations than he does in practice then he could show everybody something. I'm simply pointing out that 1000s have tried and only a very few select individuals have managed to do it. Maybe he will be the exception.

Manso/V8
10-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Keenum's combine height is listed at 6'-1", same as Drew Brees.
Just tall enough.

Gone Fishing
10-20-2013, 06:52 PM
It would be awesome if he could come out and have a historic day. Another underdog success story would be great. But no amount of wishing or hoping changes the fact that his performance in the day to day practices, training camp, presesaon games , college career or high school career had the Texans coaches or ownership convinced he was not better than the two QBs he just replaced. I'm just saying there is a reason he couldn't move ahead of Schaub or Yates in the depth chart. If he steps up and plays a lot better in game situations than he does in practice then he could show everybody something. I'm simply pointing out that 1000s have tried and only a very few select individuals have managed to do it. Maybe he will be the exception.

I think he was equal on the depth chart with Yates behind doors, but somebody has to be 2 and somebody has to be 3. All thought Schaub without injury would be the guy again this year without question. Now there is question a big question. If Schaub would have played today and that bad ace defense did the same things they threw at Case, KC would have had 7 or 8 sacks and a few Ints IMO. Schaub would have never gotten out of some of the pressure Case had today. Schaub has become slow as a turtle. Don't know the exact stats for Case, but what I saw today against the best D in the league, I say he is the exception. He has the "it" thing that great QB's have to have. I say start him.

zebrablue2
10-20-2013, 07:46 PM
I think he was equal on the depth chart with Yates behind doors, but somebody has to be 2 and somebody has to be 3. All thought Schaub without injury would be the guy again this year without question. Now there is question a big question. If Schaub would have played today and that bad ace defense did the same things they threw at Case, KC would have had 7 or 8 sacks and a few Ints IMO. Schaub would have never gotten out of some of the pressure Case had today. Schaub has become slow as a turtle. Don't know the exact stats for Case, but what I saw today against the best D in the league, I say he is the exception. He has the "it" thing that great QB's have to have. I say start him.

:iagree:

Mojo84
10-20-2013, 08:12 PM

The worst player in the NFL is a better football player than anyone sitting around posting on this site including "turds" that make comments like this. Keenum showed how much wisdom was involved in formulating this profound comment.

Mojo84
10-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Is he better than Kurt Warner or Warren Moon? I can't think of any other undrafted free agent QBs who have ever had success in the NFL................

Are you asking if he is better than Kurt and Moon at their first start or some point later in their careers? If the latter, only time will tell. If the former, I can't remember how they did on their first starts. Can you?