PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville's QB Jarrett Stidham offers

hollywood
10-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Has anyone else been keeping up with his recruiting status? I'll be honest, I hadn't checked in over the past 6 weeks. He now has 8 offers all from big D1 schools. And another 12 showing interest. The likes of Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oregon, USC and list goes on. :eek: Just think, for those that have and will play against him will get to say someday, I played against that guy in high school when they see him on primetime TV on Saturday's... And hopefully Sundays!

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jarrett-Stidham-32336/RecruitInterests

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 12:35 AM
How are his stats this year? How is he looking? Leadership? Command?

hollywood
10-17-2013, 12:48 AM
After all the summer hype of the offers from Texas, aTm, Baylor, Tech, etc.. he started the season looking a little green. I thought he played like he had something to prove or live up to. After a few games under his belt, he has settled in very solidly. His confidence in the inexperienced (now more experienced) receivers has grown. His command and leadership has really blossomed. It was just a matter time that he would settle in. Because of his work ethic and ability to relax at the same time, he's got that swagger you like to see. A true talent and intelligent young man.

Stephenville (5-1) Thru 6 games
Passing C-A-I Yards TDs
Jarrett Stidham 81-140-3 1276 16

Rushing Attempts Yards TDs
Jarrett Stidham 79 509 6

hollywood
10-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Jarrett Stidham Class of 2015 (JR)
QB DUAL 6-3.5/190 Stephenville, TX

Baylor
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Philip Montgomery

Kentucky
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Tommy Mainord

Oklahoma State
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Mike Yurcich

TCU
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Chad Glasgow

Tennessee
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Mike Bajakian

Texas
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Darrell Wyatt , Major Applewhite

Texas A&M
Cool
Offered Recruiter: David Beaty , Jake Spavital

Texas Tech
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Sonny Cumbie

Alabama
Cool
Recruiter: Billy Napier , Doug Nussmeier

Miami
Cool

Nebraska
Cool

Notre Dame
Cool
Recruiter: Mike Denbrock

Ohio State
Cool

Oklahoma
Cool

Ole Miss
Cool

Oregon
Cool

Stanford
Cool

USC
Cool

Vanderbilt
Cool

Washington State
Cool

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 01:02 AM
I heard Texas is his childhood favorite...will be interesting to see how this plays out especially if Texas gets a coaching change, specifically Art Briles.
Jarrett Stidham Class of 2015 (JR)
QB DUAL 6-3.5/190 Stephenville, TX

Baylor
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Philip Montgomery

Kentucky
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Tommy Mainord

Oklahoma State
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Mike Yurcich

TCU
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Chad Glasgow

Tennessee
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Mike Bajakian

Texas
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Darrell Wyatt , Major Applewhite

Texas A&M
Cool
Offered Recruiter: David Beaty , Jake Spavital

Texas Tech
Cool
Offered Recruiter: Sonny Cumbie

Alabama
Cool
Recruiter: Billy Napier , Doug Nussmeier

Miami
Cool

Nebraska
Cool

Notre Dame
Cool
Recruiter: Mike Denbrock

Ohio State
Cool

Oklahoma
Cool

Ole Miss
Cool

Oregon
Cool

Stanford
Cool

USC
Cool

Vanderbilt
Cool

Washington State
Cool

hollywood
10-17-2013, 01:07 AM
After all the summer hype of the offers from Texas, aTm, Baylor, Tech, etc.. he started the season looking a little green. I thought he played like he had something to prove or live up to. After a few games under his belt, he has settled in very solidly. His confidence in the inexperienced (now more experienced) receivers has grown. His command and leadership has really blossomed. It was just a matter time that he would settle in. Because of his work ethic and ability to relax at the same time, he's got that swagger you like to see. A true talent and intelligent young man.

Stephenville (5-1) Thru 6 games 2013
Passing C-A-I Yards TDs
Jarrett Stidham 81-140-3 1276 16

Jarrett Stidham 79 509 6

Here's Jone's stats at this point in the season last year. Pretty close!! And this is w/o the receivers Jone's had as targets. Westbrook was the leading rusher.

Stephenville (5-1) Thru 6 games 2012
Passing C-A-I Yards TDs
Tyler Jones 123-180-4 1,533 13

Witt Westbrook 101 473 5

BEAST
10-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Here's Jone's stats at this point in the season last year. Pretty close!! And this is w/o the receivers Jone's had as targets. Westbrook was the leading rusher.

Stephenville (5-1) Thru 6 games 2012
Passing C-A-I Yards TDs
Tyler Jones 123-180-4 1,533 13

Witt Westbrook 101 473 5

Jarrets passing and rushing avg's per completion etc are better than Jones from last year.

BEAST

caleb_mccaig
10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Football recruiting is so weird, they don't base it off of stats at all. All about the frame, and the ceiling of talent on the player. When you watch Stidham play he just looks a step quicker than everyone else. Jones had Gunter, Stidham doesn't really have a dominant receiver and it's been impressive to see the balls he's put in really tight windows. A lot of passes have gotten dropped this year due to inexperience a the WR position. It will be crazy to see how good this team will be next year.

BTW, I hope he goes to Baylor, but I'm guessing that will depend on where Randall Cunningham Jr. commits.

slingshot
10-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Cool?

toddg
10-17-2013, 01:26 PM
he will do outsranding where ever he decides to play..he reminds me of a young Troy Aikman....yes Aikman could run!!

lostaussie
10-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Will he go as QB or athlete........he would probably look good in maroon and white!!!

hollywood
10-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Cool?

Means interested in

hollywood
10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Will he go as QB or athlete........he would probably look good in maroon and white!!!

QB! Although he is a heck of an athlete in other sports as well. He's just as good as gifted in basketball. Big basketball family originally from Kentucky. Go figure. ;)

hollywood
10-17-2013, 02:08 PM

I really like this color on him better!

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/743/946/7_946743.jpg

hollywood
10-17-2013, 02:13 PM

He was one of Jones's main targets last year as a soph WR. Pretty athletic.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/57/8572cfa4-b839-11e1-aee2-0019bb2963f4/4fdd64dc5f69b.preview-300.jpg

lostaussie
10-17-2013, 02:39 PM

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/743/946/7_946743.jpgis this him in the picture?

hollywood
10-17-2013, 02:49 PM
is this him in the picture?

Yep!

HOOK 'EM!

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Is he a junior?

refereedoc
10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
QB! Although he is a heck of an athlete in other sports as well. He's just as good as gifted in basketball. Big basketball family originally from Kentucky. Go figure. ;)

I am about 99% sure he won't play basketball at the college level. He likes FB a lot better. I think we will have a really good 4 x400 m. relay with him helping this year.

hollywood
10-17-2013, 03:02 PM
I am about 99% sure he won't play basketball at the college level. He likes FB a lot better. I think we will have a really good 4 x400 m. relay with him helping this year.

I concur doc!

Especially with that Martin kid. That kid can fly!

refereedoc
10-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Is he a junior?

Yes, plans on graduating in December next year.

hollywood
10-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Is he a junior?

Yes, he is a junior.

BEAST
10-17-2013, 04:28 PM

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/743/946/7_946743.jpg

Where Qbs go to die............

BEAST

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 06:18 PM

BEASTYou hit the jackpot with Manziel but lets go back in history and look at the QB's that A&M has failed to produce...

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 06:23 PM
You hit the jackpot with Manziel but lets go back in history and look at the QB's that A&M has failed to produce...

Jerrod Johnson
Stephen McGee
Reggie McNeal
Mark Farris
Dustin Long

Before Manziel was there you have to go back to the late 90s to find a consistent QB.

Aggie98
10-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Jerrod Johnson
Stephen McGee
Reggie McNeal
Mark Farris
Dustin Long

Before Manziel was there you have to go back to the late 90s to find a consistent QB.

Ryan Tannehill was a top 10 draft pick and appears to be doing pretty well for himself.

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Ryan Tannehill was a top 10 draft pick and appears to be doing pretty well for himself.

What did he do in college as a QB? blow second half leads and throw picks? Better WR in college than a QB.

Aggie98
10-17-2013, 06:57 PM
What did he do in college as a QB? blow second half leads and throw picks? Better WR in college than a QB.

I'm pretty sure he moved from WR to QB in the middle of a game and went on to win 6 in a row, beating Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and texas along the way.

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he moved from WR to QB in the middle of a game and went on to win 6 in a row, beating Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and texas along the way.

And you had the masses calling for his head the year after when all those leads were blown and he threw picks in the second half.

refereedoc
10-17-2013, 07:13 PM
:hijacktd: what does all this have to with Stidham? All those were different coaching staffs, in the words of Chris Berman:Come on Man!

refereedoc
10-17-2013, 07:14 PM

BEAST

And good receivers from Brownwood!

Aggie98
10-17-2013, 07:22 PM
:hijacktd: what does all this have to with Stidham? All those were different coaching staffs, in the words of Chris Berman:Come on Man!

Sorry to get off topic, Stidham is a beast. Although I've only seen him as a receiver in person. He impressed.

hollywood
10-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Sorry to get off topic, Stidham is a beast. Although I've only seen him as a receiver in person. He impressed.

He could be a D1 receiver prospect if he wasn't also gifted at QB, which is his strongest talent. I'm not saying that to brag on him, he's just one of those athletes that has "it".

I had a friend in Jr High that was like that. Any sport he attempted, he was the best at it or one of the best. I watched him juggle a soccer ball the length of the field with his head, dropped it to his foot without it ever touching the ground and blasted a strike in the back of the net. Sportscenter top 10 plays kinda stuff. He was the fastest on the team. The QB, kicker and punter. The point guard in basketball. Pitcher in baseball and lead the team with homeruns. Was a +3 handicap in golf in Jr High! Kid was amazing. Ended up a sad story though. He got his girlfriend pregnant in the 8th grade right before I moved ! Didn't finish HS and last I heard he worked on a shrimp boat. Waist of God given talent right there.

Athletically, Stidham is that kind of athlete.

sic'em
10-18-2013, 03:44 PM
if he wants to get the best qb coaching possible, there is only one choice...

http://baylorlariat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Baylor-West-Virginia-_Jams-FTW-300x325.jpg

refereedoc
10-18-2013, 03:50 PM
He spotted him when he was a freshman at the Baylor camp. Kelan Luker (98 QB at the Ville)was on Arts staff that summer and had worked with Jarrett since 6 th grade so he had been telling him about Jarrett. I think also with Phillip Montgomery it would be a good fit but we will see.

D'Highlander
10-18-2013, 03:50 PM
if he wants to get the best qb coaching possible, there is only one choice...

http://baylorlariat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Baylor-West-Virginia-_Jams-FTW-300x325.jpg

the question is... does he want him at Baylor or UT?

refereedoc
10-18-2013, 03:52 PM
:fnypost: Only Art knows for sure.

hollywood
10-18-2013, 04:31 PM
the question is... does he want him at Baylor or UT?

If at UT... it won't be with this guy. See, he's already waving his farewell!

Bye bye Mack...

http://www.cbssports.com/images/visual/whatshot/mack_feldman28.jpg

Hello Art...

hollywood
11-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Jarrett Stidham offered by Arizona State yesterday 11/4. Makes 9 total D1 offers. Crazy

Texas
Texas aTm
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor
Tennessee
Kentucky
Oklahoma State
Arizona State

regaleagle
11-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Jarrett Stidham offered by Arizona State yesterday 11/4. Makes 9 total D1 offers. Crazy

Texas
Texas aTm
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor
Tennessee
Kentucky
Oklahoma State
Arizona State

Actually, I was talking to a buddy of mine in the roofing business that is a bigtime college football fan(he's from Tampa and his team is Fla.) He played college ball and we watch football together(gameday and the pros) almost weekly. I was telling him about Jarrett Stidham...how he's only a soph qb and already has about 8 or 9 D1 offers...so he got on his phone and started looking it up. What showed up on Stidham on the site this friend brought up was "13" D1 schools so far that have contacted him....and 9 that have already offered. His size was listed at 6'3'' 183 lbs. I believe. Who wouldn't be impressed....the kid is only a soph. And I explained how the previous qb is now @ Texas State as a freshman and they just became bowl eligible this past week with 6 wins....so Stidham is in his first year at the helm. He just couldn't believe what he was reading...this guy is very into college and pro football and has met many, many stars of the game. He has some quality contacts in Fla high school football circles. He was very impressed. I finally showed him something he didn't already know, haha.

Old Tiger
11-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Actually, I was talking to a buddy of mine in the roofing business that is a bigtime college football fan(he's from Tampa and his team is Fla.) He played college ball and we watch football together(gameday and the pros) almost weekly. I was telling him about Jarrett Stidham...how he's only a soph qb and already has about 8 or 9 D1 offers...so he got on his phone and started looking it up. What showed up on Stidham on the site this friend brought up was "13" D1 schools so far that have contacted him....and 9 that have already offered. His size was listed at 6'3'' 183 lbs. I believe. Who wouldn't be impressed....the kid is only a soph. And I explained how the previous qb is now @ Texas State as a freshman and they just became bowl eligible this past week with 6 wins....so Stidham is in his first year at the helm. He just couldn't believe what he was reading...this guy is very into college and pro football and has met many, many stars of the game. He has some quality contacts in Fla high school football circles. He was very impressed. I finally showed him something he didn't already know, haha.I think he's a junior.

D'Highlander
11-06-2013, 06:42 AM
I think he's a junior.

Yes, he is a Jr now and putting up good numbers... Stephenville has a really good run game this year so the numbers aren't eye popping but still legit.

Rushing: 92 for 717 yards 8 td
Passing: 94/161 for 1474 yards 18 td / 3 int

plus I don't think he has played much if any into the second half in the last 4 games.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Actually, I was talking to a buddy of mine in the roofing business that is a bigtime college football fan(he's from Tampa and his team is Fla.) He played college ball and we watch football together(gameday and the pros) almost weekly. I was telling him about Jarrett Stidham...how he's only a soph qb and already has about 8 or 9 D1 offers...so he got on his phone and started looking it up. What showed up on Stidham on the site this friend brought up was "13" D1 schools so far that have contacted him....and 9 that have already offered. His size was listed at 6'3'' 183 lbs. I believe. Who wouldn't be impressed....the kid is only a soph. And I explained how the previous qb is now @ Texas State as a freshman and they just became bowl eligible this past week with 6 wins....so Stidham is in his first year at the helm. He just couldn't believe what he was reading...this guy is very into college and pro football and has met many, many stars of the game. He has some quality contacts in Fla high school football circles. He was very impressed. I finally showed him something he didn't already know, haha.

Haha, that good stuff regal. Like was mentioned, he is a Jr.

Speaking of Florida schools, Kelan Luker is coaching QB's at a southern Florida high school. He was an All-State QB at Sville in 98. Got a scholy to SMU. His nephew is the freshman RB on varsity at the Ville that's showing signs of being something special. Guess it runs in the genes.

Coondog
11-07-2013, 11:25 AM
And this is W/O the receivers Jone's had as targets?? Hollywood is you will go back and watch all of the highlight films from the Amirillo game on you will see that we simply have not had to throw the ball as much. this maybe one of the best groups of blocking down field receivers that we have ever had. I would be willing to bet you that we have had double the amount of runs over 30 yards this year at this time that we had last yr at this time. this group has been putting them in the cheap seats.

refereedoc
11-07-2013, 11:30 AM
And this is W/O the receivers Jone's had as targets?? Hollywood is you will go back and watch all of the highlight films from the Amirillo game on you will see that we simply have not had to throw the ball as much. this maybe one of the best groups of blocking down field receivers that we have ever had. I would be willing to bet you that we have had double the amount of runs over 30 yards this year at this time that we had last yr at this time. this group has been putting them in the cheap seats.

Coach Buchee works with receivers everyday on blocking downfield. They have really bought into it and take just as much pride in blocking as catching the football. Very unselfish group of kids that just want the team to win.

defense51
11-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Coach Buchee works with receivers everyday on blocking downfield. They have really bought into it and take just as much pride in blocking as catching the football. Very unselfish group of kids that just want the team to win.

That's the kind of things that championships are built on.

franz
11-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Who are the leading receivers this year. Were all the starters seniors except Stidham last year - tight end and back also

hollywood
11-07-2013, 12:03 PM

Yes Coondog, very valid points. At the beginning of this season, there were a lot of unknowns, even with the players and coaches. Did Stephenville return talent and have good talent coming up? Yes, that was a known. But to see how well this group has gelled and has become a unit, is very impressive. It's goes into what makes good programs great and that is high expectations (goals) and work ethic to get there.

hollywood
11-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Who are the leading receivers this year. Were all the starters seniors except Stidham last year - tight end and back also

As for receivers, there were 2 returning to the team this season. Stidham and Morrison (TE) are the only ones that returned this season from that group of receivers.

The following have been assets to Stidham and the team at receiver.

Jones (WR)
Morrison (TE)
Martin (Slot/WR)
Carlile (Slot/WR)
Walker (WR/Slot)
Williams (RB)
Taylor (WR/Slot)
Sweet (WR) due back by next week I believe