PDA

View Full Version : TheOldCoach Week 7 Playoff Projections

Matthew328
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1562719

lostaussie
10-17-2013, 07:27 AM
I like the way this is shaping up. Hoping for a Celina/Gilmer in 3rd round.

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Naaa He's got it all wrong for District 17.

Matthew328
10-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Naaa He's got it all wrong for District 17.

Still a lot of moving parts in 17-3A....a ton of variables still in play...China Spring and Lorena both losing in upsets hurts them but still a lot to be sorted out....will probably be a tiebreaker much like last year

lostaussie
10-17-2013, 09:06 AM
4th spot in 16 is interesting also even though I don't see whoever gets it making any kind of impact. Lots of different scenarios between Bullard Henderson and still maybe even Gladewater although I have about given up on the Bears. Looking at what's left of the schedule I still believe Henderson is gonna get in.

GrTigers6
10-17-2013, 09:32 AM
I like a Liberty Hill vs Glen Rose matchup. Has that ever happened?

hollywood
10-17-2013, 09:56 AM
I like a Liberty Hill vs Glen Rose matchup. Has that ever happened?

I can see this one being played in Brownwood. I think there is still some reshuffling to be done in Dist 8. With Gatesville, LH, Burnet, Lamp, Brownwood, Llano... I think Lamp and Llano will be ones that don't make it. Gatesville appears to be playing better than some thought.

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 10:06 AM
I know I may be jumping offsides here talking 5A on a 3A thread but Region 1 looks incredible. Desoto is the class of the region and arguably the state/country and is on a collision course with Region 2 Allen but there are some awesome teams in region 1.

Coppell - #3 in state and only loss was to Allen
Southlake - #6 in state and only loss was to Allen
Martin - # 14 in state and only loss was to Desoto
Trinity - # 17 in state and two losses to Oklahoma Jenks (6-0 and ranked 1 in OK) and Desoto

If Desoto makes it through, which I expect them to, they will have earned it.

Rocket Man
10-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Still a lot of moving parts in 17-3A....a ton of variables still in play...China Spring and Lorena both losing in upsets hurts them but still a lot to be sorted out....will probably be a tiebreaker much like last year

I'm not getting why so many folks consider Connally beating Lorena an upset??

I agree with you about the district though. It could very well go down to the last week of play.

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm not getting why so many folks consider Connally beating Lorena an upset??

I agree with you about the district though. It could very well go down to the last week of play.

The only upsets that are possible in this District is if West wins; anything else is just the normal way it is.

Celina8
10-17-2013, 01:11 PM
I like the way this is shaping up. Hoping for a Celina/Gilmer in 3rd round.

We would have to get past Melissa which has not proven to be an easy task the last two times we have played.

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Here's a look at Argyle's DI Road to Jerryworld(my best prediction):
Round 1 vs. Sanger
Round 2 vs. Princeton
Round 3 vs. Kilgore
Regional Final vs Tyler Chapel Hill
State Semifinal vs Stephenville
State Final vs. Carthage

orange machine
10-17-2013, 11:25 PM
We would have to get past Melissa which has not proven to be an easy task the last two times we have played.

I think Celina beats Melissa handily in the playoffs.

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 11:29 PM
I think Celina beats Melissa handily in the playoffs.

My best guess is a Celina/Gilmer regional semi like Argyle has had with them several times. Then the winner may get Gainesville for the final. The winner of our Regional Final will most likely get Graham in the State Semi, then it's a total guess who that winner sees in the SC Final game.

orange machine
10-17-2013, 11:45 PM
My best guess is a Celina/Gilmer regional semi like Argyle has had with them several times. Then the winner may get Gainesville for the final. The winner of our Regional Final will most likely get Graham in the State Semi, then it's a total guess who that winner sees in the SC Final game.

D2 is Gilmers to lose im afraid. I hate to say it but Gilmer might not get a major challenge in the playoffs. If Celina can play with Argyle and keep it close I think they have a chance against Gilmer. If they can't play with Argyle well it wont be good.

regaleagle
10-18-2013, 12:13 AM
D2 is Gilmers to lose im afraid. I hate to say it but Gilmer might not get a major challenge in the playoffs. If Celina can play with Argyle and keep it close I think they have a chance against Gilmer. If they can't play with Argyle well it wont be good.

You're forgetting a few things there, Orange....possible matchups and injuries. Also seasoning. That game would be a whole six more weeks of football from now. Lots can happen with teams in that period of time, Argyle included. But if the cards do fall exactly that way.....you still have 5 more games and 6 more weeks to prepare your team. That's tons with high school teams. Get in a groove and no telling what can happen. Y'all already have the main cog at qb. That's half the deal right there.

Pudlugger
10-18-2013, 06:25 AM
OldCoach has LG playing Columbus in round 1 in D2. Depending on how well Yoakum and Gonzales do the Leps could go D1. It all depends on whether Giddings gets in or Yoakum as the other three Cuero, Gonzales and La Grange should make the cut barring any crash and burn senarios(like Gonzales and Giddings last year).

LG=D1:
LG
Cuero
Gonzales
Yoakum

LG=D2
LG
Cuero
Gonzales
Giddings

Playing the same team twice is always tough. In the past I recall two times the Leps did this. In 2001 they played Giddings in week 1 winning on a last minute fg 17-14. In the semi-final round they won 23-20. In 2003 the Leps played Sealy in week 2 losing 24-21 and in round 1 winning 16-9. Always tough to win twice against the same playoff caliber team. I would prefer a rematch with El Campo for some payback. :)

lostaussie
10-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Round 1 vs. Sanger
Round 2 vs. Princeton
Round 3 vs. Kilgore
State Final vs. CarthageAthens I have been told could possibly be a player in all this. I haven't seen them of course but I was told by Gwater coach that they are pretty good. But you are correct, if CH can get by them I could easily see them playing for for regional championship the way the bracket is shaping up.

hollywood
10-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Round 1 vs. Sanger
Round 2 vs. Princeton
Round 3 vs. Kilgore
State Final vs. Carthage

Since it's shaping up for Argyle to go D1, their road to the SC game will be tough. Argyle and Kilgore have the toughest route. Kilgore will be Argyles nemeses as Gilmer has been. They are just as stout. If they beat Kilgore, TCH is very solid. Then if they get past them... look out. Stephenville will be waiting on a bumped and bruised Eagle squad. If a miracle were to happen and they get past Stephenville... Carthage will win. Argyle is not going to get out alive.

IF Argyle ends up winning the SC based on the above projection... they will have defenitely earned it!

D1 is the toughest this year IMO.

*If Graham were to get in, it would make it even stronger. Don't forget Navasota is down waiting their turn again this season.

Aguilafanatico
10-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Since it's shaping up for Argyle to go D1, their road to the SC game will be tough. Argyle and Kilgore have the toughest route. Kilgore will be Argyles nemeses as Gilmer has been. They are just as stout. If they beat Kilgore, TCH is very solid. Then if they get past them... look out. Stephenville will be waiting on a bumped and bruised Eagle squad. If a miracle were to happen and they get past Stephenville... Carthage will win. Argyle is not going to get out alive.

IF Argyle ends up winning the SC based on the above projection... they will have defenitely earned it!

D1 is the toughest this year IMO.

*If Graham were to get in, it would make it even stronger. Don't forget Navasota is down waiting their turn again this season.

Now we are calling a win by Argyle over Stephenville a miracle. Nothing this team does this year should be deemed a miracle. The road is a formidable one for sure and Argyle will need to be playing their best ball (and avoid injury) to get there but Miracle. I don't think so. It looks to me that if the Stephenville v Argyle matchup happens a Stephenville win would be considered an upset, IF Stephenville can pull of a miracle.

hollywood
10-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Now we are calling a win by Argyle over Stephenville a miracle. Nothing this team does this year should be deemed a miracle. The road is a formidable one for sure and Argyle will need to be playing their best ball (and avoid injury) to get there but Miracle. I don't think so. It looks to me that if the Stephenville v Argyle matchup happens a Stephenville win would be considered an upset, IF Stephenville can pull of a miracle.

;)

Upset? No. The miracle was "friendly" banter. To call Argyle getting beat by Stephenville an upset, not in the minds of who knows anything about football. Maybe to ESPN it would be an upset. They like to build stories like that.

lostaussie
10-18-2013, 09:04 AM
What are the scenarios where Graham goes D1 and how likely is it to actually happen?

Aguilafanatico
10-18-2013, 09:07 AM
;)

Upset? No. The miracle was "friendly" banter. To call Argyle getting beat by Stephenville an upset, not in the minds of who knows anything about football. Maybe to ESPN it would be an upset. They like to build stories like that.

It would be a ton of fun if it were to happen. Gives us something to "banter" about. Good luck tonight.

Deuce
10-18-2013, 09:49 AM
What are the scenarios where Graham goes D1 and how likely is it to actually happen?

If Iowa Park beats Burk in week 9, Graham will be D1.

hollywood
10-18-2013, 10:06 AM
It would be a ton of fun if it were to happen. Gives us something to "banter" about. Good luck tonight.

I agree on that. It would be a fun week leading up to a fun game. Amon Carter would be a fitting place to host this slug fest. It's OK to dream every now and then, right?

icu812
10-18-2013, 10:50 AM
This has Van going D1 and playing Kilgore. Not good for the Vandals but I doubt that happens. Mineola and Canton would both have to make the playoffs first. It's possible but both are 0-1 at the moment and Mineola lost their starting QB against Van last Friday night. I think either Brownsboro or Mabank sneaks into one of those spots. Either would put Van in D2 and the likely match up would be Henderson/Bullard/Gladewater. I think Gilmer is going to be playing Canton again. At least I hope that is how it plays out.

Aguilafanatico
10-18-2013, 11:10 AM
I agree on that. It would be a fun week leading up to a fun game. Amon Carter would be a fitting place to host this slug fest. It's OK to dream every now and then, right?

Amon Carter would be perfect. Either way this is shaping up to be a fun year!

Smitty
10-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Little bit of a shake up in Dist 7, Hillsboro beat Venus tonight 28-0.......Venus is on the outside looking in now.