PDA

View Full Version : Espn

caleb_mccaig
10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Does anyone here actually like ESPN? As someone who works in the media I liked ESPN when I was like 12 and laying in bed, but the older I've gotten it has donned on me that ESPN is probably the least reliable sports news source. It seems everything they report on is repetitive and they don't give fair attention to every sport, or issue.

hollywood
10-16-2013, 10:42 AM
You talking about Entertainment and Soap-opra Programming Network?

Becoming unbearable.

Deuce
10-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Was watching a pregame on ESPN the other day and they listed 4 guys that were on their*Heisman watch list. Manziel was not on it. Should tell you all u need to know about ESPN and I am not even a AG homer.

caleb_mccaig
10-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Good to know I'm not alone lol. I thought maybe I was just growing tired of it.... I find myself only watching PTI now on ESPN. Other than thought I've kind of made the switch to Fox Sports 1.

D'Highlander
10-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't watch it unless there is a game on. If I want scores or stats I look it up online. If there is something crazy that happened there is usually something in my twitter feed linking me to a video of it.

I do use the ESPN score center app. It lets you pick your favorite teams and only gives you info on those.

GrTigers6
10-16-2013, 11:03 AM
When I have it on its only to see scores on the bottom of the screen

Roughneck93
10-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I watch if there is a game on.

Some of their documentaries are pretty good.

Other than that, I don't have it on like in years past.

caleb_mccaig
10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Yeah, if there's a game on then I have no problem watching it. The 30 for 30's are probably the best thing that has ever happened in sports news and reporting. So I will give them credit for that.

Saggy Aggie
10-16-2013, 12:52 PM
I don't have as much time to watch TV as I used to so naturally I watch espn less, but I'd still rather watch espn than almost any other channel. Maybe Comedy Central

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Am partial to Armed Forces Network -Sports. Football games 24 hours a day 7 days a week during football season. Of course you cannot get it in the States.

StangEm
10-16-2013, 01:20 PM
For probably the past 7-8 years I have gotten into a routine of waking up and drinking coffee while I watched SportsCenter in the morning. Lately I've found myself zoning out and not paying attention to what they're saying and only focusing on the scores and occasional highlights of the games the night before. The show really does suck.

hollywood
10-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Am partial to Armed Forces Network -Sports. Football games 24 hours a day 7 days a week during football season. Of course you cannot get it in the States.

You mean you don't watch the Fox Soccer channel? That's good stuff RC. You don't know what you're missing!

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2013, 04:12 PM
You mean you don't watch the Fox Soccer channel? That's good stuff RC. You don't know what you're missing!

Ah! In Iraq in 07 I was in Basra. It was in the British controlled portion of the country. We only got British Sports Channel and ESPN International. Got LOTS of soccer, rugby and CRICKET! Imagine baseball with no foul balls and no gloves.

Old Tiger
10-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Outside of Around the Horn, I can't stand ESPN except for anything but sports broadcast, even then it is bad. They are too agenda driven.

Maroon87
10-16-2013, 06:06 PM
30 for 30 is the best thing ESPN has ever done. I DVR every episode. I'll watch live games but steer clear of Sportscenter and First Take, which means I never watch during the weekday because that's all that's on. They started hitting the skids in my opinion with their year-long "look how important we are" 25th birthday celebration. Add to that "Who's Now", the pre-mature coronation of USC as the best college team ever, the Craig James/Mike Leach fiasco, and non-stop Tebow and it's really become a bit of a joke journalistically speaking.

panther89
10-17-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't watch as much either anymore. I do like their 30 for 30 series. Watched "No Mas" last night. Good series, but Sportscenter is starting to annoy me now.

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 08:54 AM
ESPN is a victim of themselves. They have too many channels trying to fill up 24/7 with content.

Macarthur
10-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Outside of Around the Horn, I can't stand ESPN except for anything but sports broadcast, even then it is bad. They are too agenda driven.

Agree

The Bull #40
10-17-2013, 11:55 AM
ESPN is not about reporting sports news anymore, its just about making "paparazzi" stories out of meaningless quotes. Most of the "Analysts" for ESPN also aren't former players, however the 30 for 30 documentaries are good. I am becoming more of a fan of NFL network because they have former players casting it who know more about football than any ESPN "analyst". I also think "A Football Life" documentaries on NFLN are awesome.

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2013, 06:17 AM
ESPN is not about reporting sports news anymore, its just about making "paparazzi" stories out of meaningless quotes. Most of the "Analysts" for ESPN also aren't former players, however the 30 for 30 documentaries are good. I am becoming more of a fan of NFL network because they have former players casting it who know more about football than any ESPN "analyst". I also think "A Football Life" documentaries on NFLN are awesome.

I have never understood the whole need to be a former player to know what your talking about.

Old Tiger
10-18-2013, 09:50 AM
I have never understood the whole need to be a former player to know what your talking about.

"Of course you wouldn't understand" -- Internet tough guy.

Farmersfan
10-18-2013, 10:34 AM

Neither have I! I've never really heard of any former player that consistently shows to have any specific "Insight" into a situation about the game he played. If playing the game gives them something nobody else can have then why wouldn't all ex-players say the same things. but they disagree about NFL issues more than most fans or laymen do..................