PDA

View Full Version : You get 6 teams to pick both State Champs

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Taking in regards of not every team has been decided on which division they will be in this could get interesting. Maybe there are some top ranked teams you feel really don't have a shot. There may be a couple teams that could fit into both categories at this point. Only 6 choices!
Mine as follows
Stephenville
Gilmer
Fairfield
Carthage
Argyle
Navasota

jason
10-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Argyle, Carthage, and Stephenville are the only 3 from that list unless they all end up d1

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Argyle, Carthage, and Stephenville are the only 3 from that list unless they all end up d1its not hard. Pick your own 6

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Taking in regards of not every team has been decided on which division they will be in this could get interesting. Maybe there are some top ranked teams you feel really don't have a shot. There may be a couple teams that could fit into both categories at this point. Only 6 choices!
Mine as follows
Stephenville
Gilmer
Fairfield
Carthage
Argyle
Navasota

I like your list.

Deuce
10-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Gilmer
Carthage
Argyle
Navasota

Saggy Aggie
10-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Can't forget west columbia guys

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2013, 09:58 AM
If Navasota can work out the offensive issues, look out.

My Top 4
Stephenville
Gilmer
Argyle
Carthage

Teams to watch
Graham
Fairfield
La Grange
Navasota

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Graham is an interesting pick because of there ability to GI either D1 or D2.

D'Highlander
10-16-2013, 10:06 AM
no love for Kilgore? :inlove:

D'Highlander
10-16-2013, 10:07 AM
I have...

Gilmer
Stephenville
Kilgore
Fairfield
Carthage
Argyle

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
I knew Kilgore would be on some. I just believe they are going to have to many obstacles as far as their road goes. And they can't throw a lick!!!

Aggie98
10-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Kilgore
Argyle
Carthage
Gilmer
Fairfield
Graham

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2013, 10:21 AM
If Navasota can work out the offensive issues, look out.

My Top 4
Stephenville
Gilmer
Argyle
Carthage

Teams to watch
Graham
Fairfield
La Grange
Navasota

Some how, I fail to list Kilgore..

hollywood
10-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Mine as follows
Stephenville
Gilmer
Fairfield
Carthage
Argyle
Navasota

I guess I don't quite understand your theory here. Mate, I could be a little lost aussie.

I'll mix it up a bit.

There are 2 Divisions so 4 Semi finals games total so I'm listing my favorite 8 to make the Semis out of the Regional finals out of both Div.

DI
R1 - Stephenville
R2 - Kilgore
R3 - Carthage
R4 - El Campo

DII
R1 - Graham
R2 - Gilmer
R3 - Fairfield
R4 - Geronimo Navarro

But if I had to pick 6...

Stephenville
Carthage/El Campo - winner advances to SC
Gilmer/Argyle - winner advances to SC
Fairfield

coach
10-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Id thought I would never see the day that FF getting this much love, but i will gguarantee tou we aint winning a state championship this year.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Id thought I would never see the day that FF getting this much love, but i will gguarantee tou we aint winning a state championship this year.arrr was about to put yall on the list. Are you sure they don't have a chance? they beat Navasota and look at the point difference in their games, they look like last year Navasota.

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2013, 12:48 PM
arrr was about to put yall on the list. Are you sure they don't have a chance? they beat Navasota and look at the point difference in their games, they look like last year Navasota.

Of course the Eagles have a chance. These are not the Eagels of years past.

coach
10-16-2013, 12:58 PM
arrr was about to put yall on the list. Are you sure they don't have a chance? they beat Navasota and look at the point difference in their games, they look like last year Navasota.

Yes, they have a chance. And no they arent the Eagles of the past. I say the can make it to the regional finals.

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Yes, they have a chance. And no they arent the Eagles of the past. I say the can make it to the regional finals.so if they go D2 in region 3 who are the biggest likely challenges in their region?

Kilgore
Argyle
Carthage
Gilmer
Fairfield
Graham

That's just ignorant

Deuce
10-16-2013, 01:33 PM
That's just ignorant
I have been waiting on this!

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 01:43 PM
I have been waiting on this!that's why I started it:D there is no right or wrong answers. Most will put their team and 5 others they actually think can win it all. This place needs to liven up some. They tried last night but it petered out:D

Deuce
10-16-2013, 01:53 PM
that's why I started it:D there is no right or wrong answers. Most will put their team and 5 others they actually think can win it all. This place needs to liven up some. They tried last night but it petered out:D

Agree! Pretty boring year on here so far. Bet it picks up come playoff time!

Aggie98
10-16-2013, 01:59 PM
That's just ignorant

It is my opinion that if everything plays out like it should, the winner of Kilgore/Argyle in Rd. 3 will play S'ville in the Semi's.... and will beat them. I think Carthage beats 'Sota and coasts through the other side of the bracket. Gilmer, Fairfield, and Graham (if D-II) are the only real D-II contenders at this point with Gilmer being the heavy favorite.

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 02:04 PM
It is my opinion that if everything plays out like it should, the winner of Kilgore/Argyle in Rd. 3 will play S'ville in the Semi's.... and will beat them. I think Carthage beats 'Sota and coasts through the other side of the bracket. Gilmer, Fairfield, and Graham (if D-II) are the only real D-II contenders at this point with Gilmer being the heavy favorite.that is what I was saying about Kilgores obstacles......Argyle, Sville, and Carthage 3 weeks in a row. That's tough......especially when you can't throw:D

hollywood
10-16-2013, 02:09 PM
that is what I was saying about Kilgores obstacles......Argyle, Sville, and Carthage 3 weeks in a row. That's tough......especially when you can't throw:D

I agree. Here's the deal. There isn't going to be a team that can beat Stephenville that cannot throw the ball. Period. It will take a balanced attack or a team that simply can outscore them through the air. Argyle, Carthage or Gilmer (but Gilmer match up will not happen).

Aggie98
10-16-2013, 02:10 PM
that is what I was saying about Kilgores obstacles......Argyle, Sville, and Carthage 3 weeks in a row. That's tough......especially when you can't throw:D

I don't think it's 3 weeks in a row. The '13-14 bracket I'm looking at would have us facing Argyle in Rd. 3, Chapel Hill/Athens/Gainesville in rd 4, S'ville rd 5, and Jerry World rd 6. And why would we throw when we're averaging 12 yds a carry? If someone comes along who can actually stop our run, then we'll throw.

Aggie98
10-16-2013, 02:16 PM
I agree. Here's the deal. There isn't going to be a team that can beat Stephenville that cannot throw the ball. Period.

Yeah, because that S'ville run D is so awesome, lol.

refereedoc
10-16-2013, 02:22 PM
How is your special teams this year? We sure enjoyed having them on the field last year:vrycnfsd:

Aggie98
10-16-2013, 02:26 PM
How is your special teams this year? We sure enjoyed having them on the field last year:vrycnfsd:

We actually caught a pooch kick a few weeks ago. Gave the kid the game ball.

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't think it's 3 weeks in a row. The '13-14 bracket I'm looking at would have us facing Argyle in Rd. 3, Chapel Hill/Athens/Gainesville in rd 4, S'ville rd 5, and Jerry World rd 6. And why would we throw when we're averaging 12 yds a carry? If someone comes along who can actually stop our run, then we'll throw.against that schedule.......you should be!!!!!

Aggie98
10-16-2013, 02:32 PM
against that schedule.......you should be!!!!!

We could have worked on our passing game a little more, but our coach actually has a conscience that tells him to tap the brakes when it's 35-0.

hollywood
10-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, because that S'ville run D is so awesome, lol.

Lol.. well, it's not a shutdown run D, but as you know all too well it just takes 1, 2 or 3 stops and it goes to playing catch up. Kilgore made a good effort last season, but just not enough time in a game. Good stuff.

adoptedbuckeye
10-16-2013, 02:46 PM
We could have worked on our passing game a little more, but our coach actually has a conscience that tells him to tap the brakes when it's 35-0.

Gotta get those younger kids experienced somehow

D'Highlander
10-16-2013, 02:53 PM
gotta get those younger kids experienced somehow

Gilmer not have a JV?

adoptedbuckeye
10-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Gilmer not have a JV?
Well of course they do, but for those that are good enough to be backups on varsity you have to get them some reps in full on varsity game situations.

refereedoc
10-16-2013, 03:00 PM
We actually caught a pooch kick a few weeks ago. Gave the kid the game ball.

That right there is funny:fnypost:

bobcat1
10-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Celina
Celina
Celina
Argyle if they go D1
Argyle if they go D1
Argyle if they go D1

I can't believe no one picks Celina. After all, Celina knows better than anyone how to win a state championship. Count 'em up. 8 is great!

regaleagle
10-16-2013, 08:50 PM
DI-Argyle, Carthage, Stephenville
DII-Gilmer, Graham, Celina

hollywood
10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
I expect nothing less than another photo at Jerry World again this season with the SC trophy in the center.

Thought I'd share for those of you that haven't been there yet or it's been a while. ;)

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/a1/1a1761d7-941b-5faf-944c-e63819fa997b/4ec6882b06693.image.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/79/979f09ba-551c-11e2-9116-0019bb2963f4/50e49b59e135d.preview-300.jpg

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2012/12/15/337108_t607.JPG

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 01:36 AM
I expect nothing less than another photo at Jerry World again this season with the SC trophy in the center.

Thought I'd share for those of you that haven't been there yet or it's been a while. ;)

Can you post a photo of yourself ringing the bell on the firetruck during the championship parade the next morning at 10 AM?

panther89
10-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Stephenville
Argyle
Carthage
Fairfield
Kilgore
and either Graham or Gilmer.
Or El Campo
Or........... ok, I can't choose. Just take those teams. That's a tough one.

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 08:26 AM

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/a1/1a1761d7-941b-5faf-944c-e63819fa997b/4ec6882b06693.image.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/79/979f09ba-551c-11e2-9116-0019bb2963f4/50e49b59e135d.preview-300.jpg

http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2012/12/15/337108_t607.JPG

These are awesome. Thanks for posting. I will send you Argyle's as an early Christmas gift.

hollywood
10-17-2013, 09:03 AM
These are awesome. Thanks for posting. I will send you Argyle's as an early Christmas gift.

Cool! I think y'all have a good chance in DII. Gilmer will be tough. They are a pure juggernaut in 3A.

lostaussie
10-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Cool! I think y'all have a good chance in DII. Gilmer will be tough. They are a pure juggernaut in 3A.I think they going D1

Deuce
10-17-2013, 09:11 AM
I think they going D1

I think that was an indirect jab by Hollywood!

hollywood
10-17-2013, 09:19 AM

Yes it was... ;). I just let roll off. Awaiting his/her comment. :D

hollywood
10-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Duece, we need your honest opinion. What is the likely hood Burkbernett would lose to Iowa Park? I just don't see how this happening. Maybe you can shed some light. In Dist 7, I think Venus will beat Hillsboro, but Hillsboro has the talent to beat Venus. Of course this wouldn't decide the scenarios of the teams going D1 or D2.

Rattler
10-17-2013, 09:43 AM
I think Iowa Park has about a 30 -40% chance of beating Burkbernett. Anything could happen with injuries and change this but... Iowa Park could win if they played a perfect game and Burk had an off night.. Burk was up on Hirschi by 10 at half and lost in the last few seconds.

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes it was... ;). I just let roll off. Awaiting his/her comment. :D

I saw the jab and thought I might just sidestep without a counter-punch but now kids have gathered in the playground. I have seen several threads challenging Stephenvilles ability to match up speed-wise with the East Texas teams but I would suggest you should worry more about matching up speed, talent, experience-wise with Argyle. Sometimes there are things that happen far away from you that you do not realize it at the time but end up affecting you in a big way. For Stephenville that "thing" was the Aubrey "upset" of Lone Star. Keep those photos in a secure place and I might suggest you take more AT&T pics at the next Cowboys game........or maybe you can snap a few from The Argyle side at the SC game.

Deuce
10-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Duece, we need your honest opinion. What is the likely hood Burkbernett would lose to Iowa Park? I just don't see how this happening. Maybe you can shed some light. In Dist 7, I think Venus will beat Hillsboro, but Hillsboro has the talent to beat Venus. Of course this wouldn't decide the scenarios of the teams going D1 or D2.

I would put Burk at a 3 point favorite at this point. With a game that evenly matched, anything could happen though. Probably know a little more after seeing Iowa Park this week, but I think Burk should be the favorite based on how they played Hirschi. Also, if u look at games with common opponents, Burk has been able to put up a lot more points than IP. Probably come down to a turnover battle.

Turin
10-17-2013, 10:59 AM
I would put Burk at a 3 point favorite at this point. With a game that evenly matched, anything could happen though. Probably know a little more after seeing Iowa Park this week, but I think Burk should be the favorite based on how they played Hirschi. Also, if u look at games with common opponents, Burk has been able to put up a lot more points than IP. Probably come down to a turnover battle.

Agains common opponents they are both 2-2 with IP scoring 82 and allowing 90 while BB is scoring 125 and allowing 129 against those four opponents.

hollywood
10-17-2013, 11:02 AM
I saw the jab and thought I might just sidestep without a counter-punch but now kids have gathered in the playground. I have seen several threads challenging Stephenvilles ability to match up speed-wise with the East Texas teams but I would suggest you should worry more about matching up speed, talent, experience-wise with Argyle. Sometimes there are things that happen far away from you that you do not realize it at the time but end up affecting you in a big way. For Stephenville that "thing" was the Aubrey "upset" of Lone Star. Keep those photos in a secure place and I might suggest you take more AT&T pics at the next Cowboys game........or maybe you can snap a few from The Argyle side at the SC game.

OK I knew this was coming. lol

Like I've said to the East Texas folks... speed isn't just in East Texas. ;) Hinting that teams west of there Stephenville, Argyle, Graham, Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, Celina, etc.. the list goes on and on.

As for Stephenville meeting up against Argyle... bring on the bacon! Stephenville has always welcomed challenges and generally ovecame the toughest of them. Argyle would be the one up against the beast. It would be a great game "IF" it happens. Amon Carter stadium? That would be awesome!

hollywood
10-18-2013, 11:32 PM
I guess I don't quite understand your theory here. Mate, I could be a little lost aussie.

I'll mix it up a bit.

There are 2 Divisions so 4 Semi finals games total so I'm listing my favorite 8 to make the Semis out of the Regional finals out of both Div.

DI
R1 - Stephenville
R2 - Kilgore
R3 - Carthage
R4 - El Campo

DII
R1 - Graham
R2 - Gilmer
R3 - Fairfield
R4 - Geronimo Navarro

But if I had to pick 6...

Stephenville