PDA

View Full Version : Why do we celebrate columbus day but not slavery and the Holocaust?

Old Tiger
10-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Why?

baseballcoach13
10-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Why?

It should be Leif Ericson day anyway.

Manso/V8
10-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Old Tiger - What did you do to celebrate Columbus Day?

44INAROW
10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
I don't celebrate Columbus Day

Farmersfan
10-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Why?

I'm not sure what your meaning is here Old Tiger! What does Columbus day have to do with slavery or the Holocaust? How is there any correlation between the 3 things? :vrycnfsd:

BwdLion73
10-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Here we go...

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 09:02 AM
I got po'ed because the drive thru at the bank left on there open sign and I sat there for 5 minutes before figuring out they were closed. Chapped my arse real good. So,no, I didn't celebrate.

coach
10-16-2013, 09:08 AM
My school didnt celebrate columbus day...

Saggy Aggie
10-16-2013, 09:19 AM
LOL OT

Hook, line and sinker...

Bullaholic
10-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Well, OT, I don't think many will want to celebrate slavery or the Holocaust, but rather remember these events in history as dark times when a lot of people suffered greatly at the hands of others. Columbus Day commemorates the discovery of all of America for all Americans, native born or naturalized, regardless of race or religion --not just part of it, even though geographically incorrect.

coach
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Well, OT, I don't think many will want to celebrate slavery or the Holocaust, but rather remember these events in history as dark times when a lot of people suffered greatly at the hands of others. Columbus Day commemorates the discovery of all of America for all Americans, native born or naturalized, regardless of race or religion --not just part of it, even though geographically incorrect.

thats, what he is saying. we are celebrating what columbus did. slaveray and brought diseases//

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure what your meaning is here Old Tiger! What does Columbus day have to do with slavery or the Holocaust? How is there any correlation between the 3 things? :vrycnfsd:

:doh:

*bracing for rant in 3... 2... 1...*

Bullaholic
10-16-2013, 11:22 AM
thats, what he is saying. we are celebrating what columbus did. slaveray and brought diseases//
OT is not saying anything---he is too busy casting out...:D

cougartino
10-16-2013, 12:14 PM
As a black person, I don't celebrate slavery. It's commemorated in February, but not celebrated. I surmise the Jewish Community does the same with the Holocaust. IMO Independence Day overshadows Columbus Day.

MJMbrahmas10
10-16-2013, 12:18 PM
I still had yet to see the reasoning of this post? Someone help me out

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2013, 12:44 PM
I still had yet to see the reasoning of this post? Someone help me out

Me either. Maybe Casey will care to explain the logic of this post.

Saggy Aggie
10-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Lol he's trolling... but... he's saying Columbus Day is to native Americans as the holidays for the holocaust and slavery would be to Jews and blacks respectively.

He's basically saying we have a columbus day to celebrate the torture of Indians

Pudlugger
10-16-2013, 01:01 PM
He learned that in skooll. Western Civilization=evil, Indigenous People=good. Rousseau's Nobel Savage myth mixed in with the usual Anti-Ameican Marxist agitprop on display by OT, our perpetual adolescent attention troll.
Obviously he has not lost any family to the holocaust and I doubt he is a Native American. Maybe he would be content living in the stone age rather than plugged into his iPhone or Xbox 24 hours a day. I hope his folks didn't spend too much money on his education.:flaming::tisk::tisk:

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 01:15 PM
He learned that in skooll. Western Civilization=evil, Indigenous People=good. Rousseau's Nobel Savage myth mixed in with the usual Anti-Ameican Marxist agitprop on display by OT, our perpetual adolescent attention troll.
Obviously he has not lost any family to the holocaust and I doubt he is a Native American. Maybe he would be content living in the stone age rather than plugged into his iPhone or Xbox 24 hours a day. I hope his folks didn't spend too much money on his education.:flaming::tisk::tisk::thumbsup:

Old Tiger
10-16-2013, 04:38 PM
-- Columbus demanded that natives supply a certain amount of gold every three months from mines, and those who fell short had their hands cut off.
-- Slavery of Christians was illegal, so he refused to baptize the natives, which the priests in his parties were pissed off about and protested to him and the crown (who was unmoved because of the gold coming in).
-- Punished a native who stole corn by cutting off an ear and nose.
-- Punished a woman who said he was of low birth by cutting out her tongue.
-- Killed rebellious natives, cut them into pieces, then had a parade featuring the dismembered parts.
-- Genocide of most of the natives via hard enforced labor.

He was arrested and spent time in prison until he was pardoned for his crimes.

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 04:58 PM
-- Columbus demanded that natives supply a certain amount of gold every three months from mines, and those who fell short had their hands cut off.
-- Slavery of Christians was illegal, so he refused to baptize the natives, which the priests in his parties were pissed off about and protested to him and the crown (who was unmoved because of the gold coming in).
-- Killed rebellious natives, cut them into pieces, then had a parade featuring the dismembered parts.

He was arrested and spent time in prison until he was pardoned for his crimes.He could have played MLB or DE for LaVega:D

BwdLion73
10-16-2013, 06:30 PM
...and that class is why we call it an ear of corn...

Manso/V8
10-16-2013, 11:51 PM

Gee, you are so sensitive, kind-hearted, and gullible.

Are you mad about the Redskins name too?

Old Tiger
10-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Gee, you are so sensitive, kind-hearted, and gullible.

Are you mad about the Redskins name too?

Yup, they could switch to Washington Warriors and go back to this helmet
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFQXdlcY0PA5dlxc_zxl1JMyAkZdxv4 gJbAUBNjXWBQhDwC_fE

OldBison75
10-17-2013, 12:37 AM
I think they should be the Washington Diapers because most everybody there is full of crap!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2013, 02:25 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFQXdlcY0PA5dlxc_zxl1JMyAkZdxv4 gJbAUBNjXWBQhDwC_fE

One of the best ideas IMO

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2013, 07:43 AM
He could have played MLB or DE for LaVega:D

That is uncalled for with the LeVega comment.

Farmersfan
10-17-2013, 09:29 AM
I heard the Native American counsel has demanded the word "Washington" be removed from the name because it's too insulting to be included with Redskins...............

Farmersfan
10-17-2013, 09:31 AM

Warriors have committed some of the most horrendous acts in the worlds history OT. Not acceptable!

MUSTANG69
10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
i heard the native american counsel has demanded the word "washington" be removed from the name because it's too insulting to be included with redskins...............

lmao

Macarthur
10-17-2013, 12:27 PM

:thumbsup: