PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs. Ranchview Thurs night

Aguilafanatico
10-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Surprised there isn't more discussion around the upcoming game Thursday night in Carrollton. Ranchview is only 3-3 but their three losses are to teams with a combined 21-1 record. Celina put the wood on them last week so would expect Ranchview to have some added motivation. Argyle coming off a bye. I fully expect the Argyle staff to have the team pumped and ready to go.

Celina8
10-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Surprised there isn't more discussion around the upcoming game Thursday night in Carrollton. Ranchview is only 3-3 but their three losses are to teams with a combined 21-1 record. Celina put the wood on them last week so would expect Ranchview to have some added motivation. Argyle coming off a bye. I fully expect the Argyle staff to have the team pumped and ready to go.

This game is over with by mid 2nd quarter....Nothing against Ranchview , Argyle is just that good.

Aguilafanatico
10-15-2013, 02:24 PM
This game is over with by mid 2nd quarter....Nothing against Ranchview , Argyle is just that good.

Did you see the Celina v Ranchview game?

orange machine
10-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Ranchview is not a bad team they just have no depth. Their dline is very big and their fast. If they had more players they could cause some problems, but they don't so it hurts them.

bobcat1
10-15-2013, 04:10 PM

I think hallway through the 1st quarter it will be 21-0. Argyle can rest some players then.

Aguilafanatico
10-15-2013, 04:52 PM
I think hallway through the 1st quarter it will be 21-0. Argyle can rest some players then.

I have not seen Ranchview but continue to hear how big and athletic they are so assumed they would provide some challenges. I did look at their website and it looks like they only have around 30 kids on varsity.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 07:34 PM
I have not seen Ranchview but continue to hear how big and athletic they are so assumed they would provide some challenges. I did look at their website and it looks like they only have around 30 kids on varsity.

Yes that about right. Ranchviews qb is pretty accurate passing and very fast. If he gets in the open he is gone. They have two top notch receivers one of them is Rocket Ismael's son Rocket Jr. and like his dad he can fly also. He has very good hands and he is their go to guy. Celina did a pretty good job at neutralizing him. Ranchview passes the ball within 2 seconds so its next to impossible to get to the qb. Their oline probably avgs. 260-270ish

Defensively they have a big dline. Their nose guard is an Oklahoma commit and is a massive kid at 6'6 300lbs that will require a double team. Their right DE is a big strong kid also about 6'4 270 he also starts at Right Tackle. Linebackers flow well sideline to sideline as does the seconday.

Argyle will pull away in this game because of depth, but Ranchview never quit and plays hard. They have something growing down there this isn't the old stomp all over Ranchview.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Updates?

orange machine
10-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Updates?

Updates???

Aguilafanatico
10-15-2013, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1771411]

Thanks for the scouting report Orange. Argyle Black Swarm defense is just that so it will not come down to neutralizing their speed with one or two players. The whole Argyle defense can run. If they are one-dimensional and/or not very deep, Argyle will run them off the field..........as did Celina.

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 10:20 PM
But at the same time, Aguilafanatico......it sounds like a really good team for our boyz to matchup against, sizewise. We need a game like this to test our lines and let the starters get after it against some speedy skill players and some beef on the lines. It's getting mighty old seeing all the starters going out for the rest of the game by halftime every week. I'd like for them to play at least 3 quarters every now and then just to keep the gears oiled and the muscles toned. Somewhere down the line they will be required to give a greater effort. I know the coaches have a plan, but sooner or later Argyle will be forced by some opponent to leave the starters in.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Updates???

Yes, looking to hear more updates on Ranchview. Is this a newer school?

orange machine
10-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Celina backed off at the end of the 3rd qt which I think Celina had scored 49 points at that time. Argyle should have the game wrapped up by the 3qt also maybe before. It was only 21 to 7 at the half then in the 3rd qt Celina went for the jugular. It was like a wild animal messing with its food. Once the Bobcat got really hungry he devoured the Wolf lol.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Yes, looking to hear more updates on Ranchview. Is this a newer school?

Ah I don't know how long they have been around. Celina has played them 4 straight years now and they have gotten better each year.

Aguilafanatico
10-15-2013, 10:53 PM
But at the same time, Aguilafanatico......it sounds like a really good team for our boyz to matchup against, sizewise. We need a game like this to test our lines and let the starters get after it against some speedy skill players and some beef on the lines. It's getting mighty old seeing all the starters going out for the rest of the game by halftime every week. I'd like for them to play at least 3 quarters every now and then just to keep the gears oiled and the muscles toned. Somewhere down the line they will be required to give a greater effort. I know the coaches have a plan, but sooner or later Argyle will be forced by some opponent to leave the starters in.

I agree, we need to be tested. I will say that the coaches have done an outstanding job of rotating "the kids" into the game every week, and it is not just in mop up time. This will pay significant dividends both during crunch time this year and in coming years. There are several young players that have now stepped up from "back up" roles and are now making contributions with the "ones". Our depth and overall talent has improved significantly since the start of the year. Ultimately I think you and I both would like to see us in a competitive game (after the bands have played) to see how they respond. The only real challenge we have had IMO was the Prosper scrimmage which we took over in the 4th to win.

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 11:10 PM
A good dose of realism is what the team needs most right now, imo. I'd like to see something before the Celina game, if possible. The problem is the defense keeps making things so easy for the offense, which is a great problem to have if you're a football team, lol. But maybe there won't be so many turnovers Thurs. nite and our offense will have to drive the ball 70 and 80 yds on occasion. That's what I'd like to see happen...some long drives on offense.

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 04:44 PM
A good dose of realism is what the team needs most right now, imo. I'd like to see something before the Celina game, if possible. The problem is the defense keeps making things so easy for the offense, which is a great problem to have if you're a football team, lol. But maybe there won't be so many turnovers Thurs. nite and our offense will have to drive the ball 70 and 80 yds on occasion. That's what I'd like to see happen...some long drives on offense.

Game Day! Time for some tailgating.

GO EAGLES!

hollywood
10-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Post scores?

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Post scores?

Will Do.

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 04:59 PM
One of us will post updates

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I will defer

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Ranchveiw tries onside - failed
Argyle scores in 2:22 minutes

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Sadler yard punt return to the 10

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:23 PM
14-0 argyle and they turned the ball over once also

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:31 PM
21-0 Argyle 2 mins left in the 1st

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Sizelove 53 yard td run

Argyle 28-0 6 secs left in the 1st

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:50 PM
52 yard FG
31-0 Argyle

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Eagle Nation;1772012]52 yard FG
31-0 Argyle[/QUOTE

Nonwind-aided....he kicked a 49 yarder last game.

How long was Sadler's punt return for a TD?

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Interception for Argyle Ball @ the 14

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Interception for Argyle Ball @ the 14

Good return by dback Reese Thompson. I don't know how many that makes for him this season, but the team has mucho interceptions. The starters only play limited time each game, though.

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 07:57 PM
34-0 6:30 left in the 2nd

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Cole Hedland kicked another field goal. but Argyle must have had some penalties to keep them from scoring a td. My internet isn't coming in solid, so I can only hear sporadically what's going on. I'm on a satellite internet out here in the country, and I think all the students get on the internet when they get home. According to the dish guy, most of us are using the same signal out here. So some game nights I run into this problem, but most of the time the games are on Fri. nite and the students are gone to the games.

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:04 PM
41-0 Argyle 3:47 left in the 2nd

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Yardage
Argyle 290
Ranchveiw 52

So far Argyle has had 30 yards for penalties

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Pass from Boyzuick to Soph Drew Estrada for the score. Couldn't hear how long the pass play covered, though.

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:10 PM
48-0 1:54 left in the 2nd

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Majority of Ranchveiw yardage came off of one rushing play in the 1st

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Eagle Nation...you're not very descriptive of the scoring on here. All I could hear was Argyle scored that time on a bubble screen, but it cut out on me after that. I have no idea who scored or for how long the play went.

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Halftime 48-0
Argyle 340 yard
Ranchveiw 40

Ismael -12 yard rushing

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Pucc scored on a yes pass

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Total domination by Argyle defense. Making Ranchview look slow. The only thing that has slowed Argyle are penalties.

Aguilafanatico
10-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Sizelove scored on the bubbe screen.

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:49 PM
55-0 Argyle scored on a fumble returned for a td

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 08:56 PM
62-0 8:17 left in the 3rd
H Treadwell 52 yrd punt return
Wilson 15 yrd penalty for pretty much taunting

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Pass interfere on Argyle
Ranchveiw inside the 10

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Yeah, when it gets like this any close call will go against the team way out in front. And sometimes the call wouldn't have ordinarily been made. That's just the way it goes in these types of games.

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Argyle holds 62-3

Backups in. Argyle fumbled and Ranchveiw recovered.
Now they have the inside the 20

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Ranchveiw scored td 2 yrd run
Argyle blocked the xtra pt
62-9

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 09:17 PM
End of the 3rd 62-9

bobcat1
10-17-2013, 09:19 PM
21-0 Argyle 2 mins left in the 1st

Got close. Argyle is unstoppable.

hollywood
10-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the updates. Argyle continues their dominance! Good stuff

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Ranchveiw has an injured player on the field. He's able to walk off the field

Eagle Nation
10-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Ranchveiw held Aegyle at the 2 on 3 straight plays
Now 65-9 Final

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Looks like the team gets an extra day now to get ready for next week's game. I think that one is at home against Frisco Lone Star. Then the following week @ Aubrey, and finally Week 10 vs. Celina @ Argyle. It's been a pretty good schedule Coach Rodgers worked out this season, and some fairly good teams early on. Looks like only one team we will play will not make the playoffs....either Lone Star, or Ranchview. That means Aubrey will make it if they have a tiebreaker, and that also means everybody can know before Week 10 that Argyle will go DI.

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Just to follow that thought....Frisco Lone Star would have to beat Ranchview AND either Celina tomorrow nite or Argyle next Friday nite in order to knock out Aubrey....IF Ranchview beats Aubrey. IF Aubrey beats Ranchview, and Lone Star beats Ranchview and either Celina or Argyle, then Argyle still goes DI. The only way for Argyle to go DII is for Aubrey to not make the playoffs. They have to lose the rest of their games and Lone Star win two of the three they have remaining....Ranchview, Celina, and Argyle. Very unlikely scenario for Frisco Lone Star. When they lost to Aubrey, that kinda did it for them....and for Aubrey, too. Aubrey really doesn't have to win another game to make the playoffs, lol. If Celina beats Lone Star tomorrow nite, they're toast....no playoffs for Lone Star....and Aubrey celebrates. Of course, Lone Star COULD still beat Ranchview and upset Argyle to get in, but then Ranchview would have to beat Aubrey to knock them out to make it in. What's the odds of that happening???

regaleagle
10-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Just to follow that thought....Frisco Lone Star would have to beat Ranchview AND either Celina tomorrow nite or Argyle next Friday nite in order to knock out Aubrey....IF Ranchview beats Aubrey. IF Aubrey beats Ranchview, and Lone Star beats Ranchview and either Celina or Argyle, then Argyle still goes DI. The only way for Argyle to go DII is for Aubrey to not make the playoffs. They have to lose the rest of their games and Lone Star win two of the three they have remaining....Ranchview, Celina, and Argyle. Very unlikely scenario for Frisco Lone Star. When they lost to Aubrey, that kinda did it for them....and for Aubrey, too. Aubrey really doesn't have to win another game to make the playoffs, lol. If Celina beats Lone Star tomorrow nite, they're toast....no playoffs for Lone Star....and Aubrey celebrates. Of course, Lone Star COULD still beat Ranchview and upset Argyle to get in, but then Ranchview would have to beat Aubrey to knock them out to make it in. What's the odds of that happening???

I've decided I will give 10-1 odds that Aubrey will not make the playoffs in District 10 for any takers out there. You can pm me and I'll be happy to mark you down.

orange machine
10-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Well I went and watched this massacre tonight and left at the half.

firstdown
10-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Well I went and watched this massacre tonight and left at the half.

I did the same.

Argyle had more cheerleaders than Ranchview had players. I was told that the JV and Fresh. games were cancelled due to Ranchview players failing and not be eligible. Could this be a Varsity problem too? I think I counted 20 players for Ranchview.

I hope that someone gives Argyle a challenge in the next few weeks to prepare the boys for the Celina game and playoffs.

Aguilafanatico
10-18-2013, 09:00 AM
I did the same.

Argyle had more cheerleaders than Ranchview had players. I was told that the JV and Fresh. games were cancelled due to Ranchview players failing and not be eligible. Could this be a Varsity problem too? I think I counted 20 players for Ranchview.

I hope that someone gives Argyle a challenge in the next few weeks to prepare the boys for the Celina game and playoffs.

Agreed. You could have driven all of the Ranchview fans over in a van. Very discouraging.

orange machine
10-18-2013, 10:18 AM
I did the same.

Last week when Celina played them Ranchview had around 30 players, I counted 24 last night so im sure grades got some of their players. 3 of the players that played against Celina last week were on the side lines last night with injuries. They looked completley different from the team Celina played last week im sure Argyle had something to do with that, but something was missing last for them. They also had more fans at the game in Celina then they did last night on their home field.

regaleagle
10-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Read the next post

regaleagle
10-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Y'all realize what that means, right??? It means Lone Star still has a really good chance of making the playoffs. If Ranchview loses out to both Aubrey and Lone Star, then Lone Star takes that spot. It doesn't change much....Argyle and Lone Star will be the DI teams out of the district. Aubrey hasn't done much all season, and it appears they are almost a lock for a playoff spot, lol. They did what they had to do....beat either Lone Star or Ranchview. They may end up beating both, haha. Anywho.....I'll start my waving right now at Kilgore and Stephenville. :wave::wave: HI....how y'all doing over there? Y'all wanna play some football???

The Herd
10-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey Regal, what if Lonestar beats Ranchview and Ranchview beats Lonestar? Wouldn't it be a 3 way tie?

The Herd
10-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Ranchview beats Aubrey is what I meant in the last post.

regaleagle
10-18-2013, 08:50 PM
yeah, those are all head-to-heads like ring around the posey. That's a very real scenario, but I still haven't heard how that kind of tiebreaker would work. That would be the ONLY scenario that could possibly keep Argyle from going DI. And then if it's a coin flip, Aubrey would have to lose. Then Argyle would be waving :wave: at Gilmer again.

Aesculus gilmus
10-18-2013, 09:17 PM
yeah, those are all head-to-heads like ring around the posey. That's a very real scenario, but I still haven't heard how that kind of tiebreaker would work. That would be the ONLY scenario that could possibly keep Argyle from going DI. And then if it's a coin flip, Aubrey would have to lose. Then Argyle would be waving :wave: at Gilmer again.

Someone from Argyle posted on the East Texas site earlier in the week that 10-3A's policy is to use a coin flip after a 3-way tie. So it's not a cinch for Aubrey yet. BTW, Chapel Hill is up on Bullard at halftime, 49-7. Therefore, the very remote, almost impossible scenario of Gilmer going D1 is now TOTALLY impossible.

If Argyle does go D1, you're probably going to have to beat both Kilgore and Chapel Hill to win Region II, IMO. I think Chapel Hill is just going to keep getting better. They may beat Kilgore next week, but it's in Kilgore, so it'll be difficult.

regaleagle
10-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Oh, without a doubt AG. Read my post in the Week 7 playoff projections from Matt. It'll show my prediction of Argyle's DI Road to Jerryworld.