PDA

View Full Version : Wylie @ Monahans

ccmom
10-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Identical records (4-2 overall and 1-0 in district play)

Monahans teams are always tough with great coaching and a loud, energetic crowd of "Gringos". ;)

This will be a good one!!

Who ya got?!

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 12:04 AM
YES....the annual Wylie/Monahans West Texas brawl. I'll take Wylie by about 10 pts.....thank you very much. Monahans is one of those teams you always have to respect, regardless.....

hollywood
10-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Identical records (4-2 overall and 1-0 in district play)

Monahans teams are always tough with great coaching and a loud, energetic crowd of "Gringos". ;)

This will be a good one!!

Who ya got?!

Whoa! :eek: ccmom makes another appearance! Good to hear from you!

I picked the Willy Bulldogs by the way. ;)

Bosqueville
10-15-2013, 08:10 AM
I see a very close game. Wylie by 3.

tex_male
10-15-2013, 08:47 AM
I see a very close game. Wylie by 3.

Both of these teams have good rush stopping defenses and both have some issues defending against the pass. I think this is going to be a good all night battle along the front lines and whichever teams line is worn down first decides the game.

I call a close game again this year.

franz
10-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Wylie wins 52-51. Both teams will air it out. Wylie wins on the common free kick after fair catch.

defense51
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
AW by a td

slingshot
10-15-2013, 06:00 PM
I'll pick us by 3 in a close one... Monahans is always very well coached, very disciplined and very hard to beat. They play hard-nosed defense and run the ball effectively to eat clock and limit your possesions. We have great respect for their program.

tex_male
10-16-2013, 06:45 PM
How many Wylie fans will do the 3 hour 15 minute one way drive to watch this game?

slingshot
10-16-2013, 07:09 PM
How many Wylie fans will do the 3 hour 15 minute one way drive to watch this game?Don't know. I'll be there....

tex_male
10-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Visitor seats are on the West side of the stadium. Have a safe drive going through Midland and Odessa Construction

EagleEye
10-18-2013, 10:30 AM
It is rather odd to have the visitors on the west side I guess. It gives the visitors a chance to have the sun at their back early in the season. Nice gesture for sure. Hope you all have a safe trip coming to Monahans and a safe trip home. Should be a fun game tonight if it is anything like last year in Abilene. Go gringos. Hope Abilene packs out the west side and we will do our best to pack out the east.

D'Highlander
10-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Do any of y'all know a good twitter guy to follow for updates on this game?

ccmom
10-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Do any of y'all know a good twitter guy to follow for updates on this game?

@bdogsliveonline

D'Highlander
10-18-2013, 03:55 PM
@bdogsliveonline

Thanks ccmom!

tex_male
10-20-2013, 10:39 AM
This game: Monahans shut down Wylie's rushing game as they have in previous games as stats show.. Just as much as Wylie did the Monahans rushing game also except for one rushing TD. With the wind at Monahans back they were able to complete 2 TD passes and a two point extra points pass to make it 22-0 going into the half. Wylie did go to the air 30 time while they had the wind at their back for two straight quarters. Monahans D picked off 3 and should have had 3 more. The Wylie receivers were dropping the passes like it crazy. Which they had us Loboes fan gasping each time since they would have been good gains. Monahans coach with the 4 position lead played it safe by keeping it on the ground while the Wylie coach was stacking the box trying to get Monahans to pass. 4 th Qt Wylie special team ran a kick return back for their only points while Monahans kick a field gaol.

This is the last year these team teams will play each other in a district game due to the projected D1 and D2 format next year. I would hope that these two coaches would arrange non district games with each other...

Go Bulldogs the rest of your season.

EagleEye
10-21-2013, 03:37 PM
I agree 100% with playing each other on a yearly basis. Last years game went right down to the wire and this year was a good game also. I think both teams could benefit from playing each other. Hope Coach Owens at least makes an attempt to make it happen. Hope Wylie regroups and takes it on into the playoffs. Good Luck Wylie.

ccmom
10-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I like the idea of playing Monahans in the future, but do y'all mind moving to somewhere around Merkel? That sure would make it more convenient. ;)

Good luck the rest of the way to the Loboes.

EagleEye
10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I agree with you about the travel distance. I'm getting a little too old to be out as late as it is when you have to drive home after the game from Abilene. In the playoffs last year we played in Abilene and My Grandson had a new phone and he said he would give me directions to get us home. The next thing I remember seeing is a sign that said "Welcome to Lubbock." Now that was a late night. I think we got home like 4:00 AM. We still laugh about that

slingshot
10-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Sure wish our team would have showed up for the game... Sorry ya'll did not get our best effort. Only good thing about this one was no serious injuries. Monahans (as usual) was well coached and disciplined.
One strong suggestion I do have is to have your home fans sit on the home side. The home side was less than half full and still quite a few sat right behind the Wylie bench and screamed insults at the players and coaches. Not cool. About the middle of the 2nd quarter several of the 'larger' Wylie dads went and sat with them. Insults stopped.

EagleEye
10-21-2013, 06:25 PM
I mean this sincerely. There is no place in High School sports for fans to not respect the visiting team. Sure wish I knew who those idiots were. As a big time Loboe Fan I would like to apologize to your team for any disrespect shown by those idiots.

slingshot
10-21-2013, 08:29 PM
I mean this sincerely. There is no place in High School sports for fans to not respect the visiting team. Sure wish I knew who those idiots were. As a big time Loboe Fan I would like to apologize to your team for any disrespect shown by those idiots.Thank you. I have always found Monahans players and fans to be very classy and respectful. Not like some other teams (cough *Snyder* cough). Guess that's why it surprised me so much. Would greatly appreciate you passing on the suggestion to your AD and Superintendent.

EagleEye
10-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Sure will first thing in the morning. Yeah we go to the ankle twisting town of snyder on friday. LOL

DaHop72
10-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Sure will first thing in the morning. Yeah we go to the ankle twisting town of snyder on friday. LOL

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

DaHop72
10-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Thank you. I have always found Monahans players and fans to be very classy and respectful. Not like some other teams (cough *Snyder* cough). Guess that's why it surprised me so much. Would greatly appreciate you passing on the suggestion to your AD and Superintendent. :tisk: :tisk: There's always a few bad apples in every barrel, even some that wear purple I'm sure.