PDA

View Full Version : More bad news for Schaub

Scoop27
10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/schaub-is-very-sore-and-beat-up-yates-keenum-will-prepare-to-play/?cmpid=hpfc

ronwx5x
10-14-2013, 06:25 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/schaub-is-very-sore-and-beat-up-yates-keenum-will-prepare-to-play/?cmpid=hpfc

How is this more bad news? Every media outlet around has reported that he was injured, was booed by some Texans fans, and no one knows if he will be able to play the next game. Nothing new here.

Blastoderm55
10-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Keenum and Yates are sadly not the answer.

Heffelfinger
10-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Keenum and Yates are sadly not the answer.

Then what's the answer?

Gone Fishing
10-15-2013, 10:27 AM
That article is stupid or Kubiak is a bad coach! "Texans will prepare Yates and Keenum to start" Lol At 300 to 500 thousand a year and Professional players I would think your 1st back up and even your 2nd back would already be prepared to start or play at any given second. I had always liked Kubiak but don't think he's got it. Now both his QB's are throwing Int's and pick sixes left and right!!! Maybe he needs to look at the play calling. I think all or most of the pick sixes were going to the TE on a simular play. Maybe you should stop calling that play.... I know he has bad success as a head coach, but third time may be the charm. I say Wade Phillips, Home grown Houston boy (Well Dewalt maybe) with a Dad who is the most favorite coach in Houston, ever. Why not?

cougartino
10-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Then what's the answer?

VY is a Houstonian and sitting by the phone. Heck he can't be any worse and he'd put a few more fannies in the seats.

Manso/V8
10-15-2013, 10:49 AM
That article is stupid or Kubiak is a bad coach! "Texans will prepare Yates and Keenum to start" Lol At 300 to 500 thousand a year and Professional players I would think your 1st back up and even your 2nd back would already be prepared to start or play at any given second. I had always liked Kubiak but don't think he's got it. Now both his QB's are throwing Int's and pick sixes left and right!!! Maybe he needs to look at the play calling. I think all or most of the pick sixes were going to the TE on a simular play. Maybe you should stop calling that play.... I know he has bad success as a head coach, but third time may be the charm. I say Wade Phillips, Home grown Houston boy (Well Dewalt maybe) with a Dad who is the most favorite coach in Houston, ever. Why not?

Kubiak is a home grown boy, and a nice man. Houston teams tend to like that in their players and coaches. The problem is, sometimes those nice guys don't have that edge. I have always like Kubiak but don't think he has HC qualities. The play calling on offense is just one of many indicators. Obviously other pros, players and coaches have noticed the tendencies and are taking advantage of it. Most of those pick 6's were similar with the the DB jumping the route that the Texans have gone to over and over.......I don't remember the Texans going vertical once on Sunday to stretch the field. They used to always open with a long pass over the top to Andre Johnson or someone else.

Gone Fishing
10-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah I forgot he went to St Piux in Houston. One of my friends back at SHSU (many years ago) was his receiver in HS. I like Kubiak too, maybe it can turn around, I'll be watching, I'm an old Oiler so must be a Texan fan. (and Wimberley Texan fan) I'm not sold on Yates, Schaub better get healthy. I'm ok with trying Keenum if hes not.

cougartino
10-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Bad news for Houstonians. No free slushies today! :weeping: