PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Smithville

Pudlugger
10-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Will the Leps let their big win in Gonzales go to their head and sleepwalk into Tiger stadium? The Tigers have a very talented and athletic qb and they want this win more than anything. To them beating LG makes their season and makes up for every other loss on their schedule. They play up to the competition, especially when playing the Leps. Last year the Leps barely squeaked by Smithville by a point at home. Remember 2006? The Leps got thrashed by the Tigers 38-0 at home and missed the playoffs because of it. A huge emotional letdown. I always caution the Leps going into this possible trap game. They stay focused and win by 28+. Just stay focused.:flaming:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Will the Leps let their big win in Gonzales go to their head and sleepwalk into Tiger stadium? The Tigers have a very talented and athletic qb and they want this win more than anything. To them beating LG makes their season and makes up for every other loss on their schedule. They play up to the competition, especially when playing the Leps. Last year the Leps barely squeaked by Smithville by a point at home. Remember 2006? The Leps got thrashed by the Tigers 38-0 at home and missed the playoffs because of it. A huge emotional letdown. I always caution the Leps going into this possible trap game. They stay focused and win by 28+. Just stay focused.:flaming:

Good game for La Grange to see if they're focused each week, on paper its a blow out but on the field the kids have to go out and execute. Leopards by 30

hookandladder
10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Smithville lost to many quaility players last year, I see them scoring a couple times however they will not stop our offense. Also we will need to find a replacement for our RT , broke his ankle last game and is out for the season. Big loss on the OL, will need someone to step up and fill that spot. Great kid, Wish him the best.

Pudlugger
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Smithville lost to many quaility players last year, I see them scoring a couple times however they will not stop our offense. Also we will need to find a replacement for our RT , broke his ankle last game and is out for the season. Big loss on the OL, will need someone to step up and fill that spot. Great kid, Wish him the best.

Too bad about #58 he was a solid o lineman. #60 filled in well last Friday so I'd bet he gets the nod. As for out for the season, that depends on how bad the break was. A simple fracture should heal in 6-7 weeks so that puts it into week 2 or 3 of the playoffs so if the Leps roll maybe he'll make it back.

hookandladder
10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Too bad about #58 he was a solid o lineman. #60 filled in well last Friday so I'd bet he gets the nod. As for out for the season, that depends on how bad the break was. A simple fracture should heal in 6-7 weeks so that puts it into week 2 or 3 of the playoffs so if the Leps roll maybe he'll make it back.

I was told he is done for the year, not sure who will replace him. I saw #60 went in for him but was told they might try someone else to fill that spot. Would be great if he was to come back , guess time will tell.

YTBulldogs
10-14-2013, 06:56 PM
LG by 60+. Regardless who plays against SV. Just stay healthy in this one.

Pudlugger
10-14-2013, 08:03 PM
LG by 60+. Regardless who plays against SV. Just stay healthy in this one.

YT thanks for the vote of confidence but that will not happen under Coach Kates. When the Leps get the score beyond reach he plays the bench and rightly so. He knows that to run up a score on a demoralized opponent is bad juju. For example last Friday with about 3 minutes to go the first o ran the ball down to the 8 yard line and on 3rd down he called TO and put in the 2nd team. The 2nd o ran 2 running plays to get 1st and goal at the 3 and then took a knee 4 times to end the game.

As i said in the first post on this thread Smithville always plays very hard against the Leps as they view us as their biggest rival. For LG it is Giddings. The Leps consider it a failed season if they lose to Giddings. Because it is such a big game for the Tigers the Leps always need to get up for a struggle and be weary of a trap game. Going in over confident is a big risk. I'll be happy getting the win whether it is by 1 point or 30+. Last year it was 1 point.

Manso/V8
10-14-2013, 08:09 PM
YT thanks for the vote of confidence but that will not happen under Coach Kates. When the Leps get the score beyond reach he plays the bench and rightly so. He knows that to run up a score on a demoralized opponent is bad juju. For example last Friday with about 3 minutes to go the first o ran the ball down to the 8 yard line and on 3rd down he called TO and put in the 2nd team. The 2nd o ran 2 running plays to get 1st and goal at the 3 and then took a knee 4 times to end the game.

Something learned at Bellville.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Is Smithville still playing dirty or have things changed with the new coach?

buff4ever
10-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Hey Pud, no need for Pudlike c -rap on the board this week, you guys got this one.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Hey Pud, no need for Pudlike c -rap on the board this week, you guys got this one.

You know I can't help myself buff. :D

Pudlugger
10-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Forecast for sunshine tomorrow and no rain until Monday so the SV field should be softer than its usual hardness by Friday night. The Leps will probably throw the ball more Friday than in the past. Especially if the Tigers stack the box to try and stop #3 Filmore or #5 Hutchison on the run.

Turin
10-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Is Smithville still playing dirty or have things changed with the new coach?

We had a clean game with them this year which was very different than last year.

Pudlugger
10-17-2013, 10:17 PM
That's good to know. We want a clean injury free game.

YTBulldogs
10-17-2013, 10:19 PM
That's good to know. We want a clean injury free game.

Be aware Pud. Ya'll have a history with them. Just be alert. Hate to see someone go down in this blowout.

Pudlugger
10-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Be aware Pud. Ya'll have a history with them. Just be alert. Hate to see someone go down in this blowout.

The Tigers in the past have had a tendency to play dirty but since the new coach arrived not so much. Playing in Tiger stadium has some real disadvantages for both the fans(no parking lot) and the players(hard surface, home cooking etc). There is a 50% chance of rain tonight so I'll take my poncho and umbrella. May have to talk the wife into going LOL.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-19-2013, 04:31 PM
has Smithville won a game?

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 06:01 PM
nope 0-7
Welcome back former!