3. Kilgore (1) (5-0) 189 3
4. Graham (1) (7-0) 146 4
5. Stephenville (5-1) 124 5
6. Fairfield (7-0) 107 7
7. Carthage (6-1) 91 6
8. Celina (7-0) 78 8
9. Port Isabel (7-0) 54 9
10. Navasota (6-1) 35 10
Others receiving votes: 11, Shallowater 19. 12, Gainesville 9. 13, West Orange-Stark 8. 14, Robinson 7. 14, Gonzales 7. 16, Coldspring-Oakhurst 4. 16, Orange Grove 4. 18, La Grange 2.

1stnurseryman
10-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Gonzales really!!!! They just got the dog beat out of them by La Grange... Pretty sure they've not beaten anyone with a winning record.

hollywood
10-14-2013, 01:37 PM
As far as the AP poll is concerned, I don't see anything changing until possibly week 9 when Gilmer plays Kilgore for the district championship.

edit: top 5 at least. ;)

Celina8
10-14-2013, 02:16 PM
As far as the AP poll is concerned, I don't see anything changing until possibly week 9 when Gilmer plays Kilgore for the district championship.

edit: top 5 at least. ;)

Celina will most likely get dropped when they play Argyle... just think it will be much like last years game where they hung 45 on us then called off the dogs the start of the second half.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Celina will most likely get dropped when they play Argyle... just think it will be much like last years game where they hung 45 on us then called off the dogs the start of the second half.

I agree, but I think if Celina changes some things and a couple of players have big games Celina can win this game. First off and im gonna take a pounding for this from Argyle folks, but their oline is not as good as last years oline. Argyles oline plays foot to foot and trys to collapse the dline into the linebacker's. I think Celina needs to line up head to head on their oline and make them block head up. Also Celina's dline can't penetrate to far up the field and stay at the line of scrimmage. Celina has to take away the running game and make Argyle beat them passing.

Offensively Celina's qb has to have a huge game passing and find the open receivers. Also Celina has a kid in Deshawn Davis that I would run down the field and throw to. If Deshawn gets separation nobody is gonna keep up with him. Chuck it deep make Argyle double cover.

That's what I would do weather or not it would work who knows. Im sure nothing like this will happen though lol.

coach
10-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Fairfield ahead of Carthage is a HUGE mistake.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Orange Grove got some votes other than the Corpus Christi Caller sportswriter. Good we got some attention for us south texas fans looking for attention lol

Pudlugger
10-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Gonzales really!!!! They just got the dog beat out of them by La Grange... Pretty sure they've not beaten anyone with a winning record.

Gonzales>La Grange? LOLZ

The AP poll is just a popularity contest with little relevance to football.

waterboy
10-14-2013, 03:28 PM

While I do believe Fairfield should be in the top ten, I don't know whether I would've jumped them ahead of Carthage in the poll.

Dawgs
10-14-2013, 05:07 PM
While I do believe Fairfield should be in the top ten, I don't know whether I would've jumped them ahead of Carthage in the poll.

Polls are what they are, Fairfield beat a top 5 Navasota team pretty handily. I think if they are undeafeated, and beat a top 5 - 10 team that is fine to have them ranked above a 1 loss Carthage team. I don't know if Fairfield is Div 1 or 2, but I dont see them beating Carthage in the playoffs, so I doesn't matter. We kinda fell apart against Whitehouse with a 19 point lead in the 3rd quarter. I will be interested to see what kind of season Whitehouse puts together. I for one am glad we kinda got out of the spotlight. We in Carthage don't care that critics are saying Carthage is overrated, and have no defense. We know these boys, and this coach. Got alot of haters :). Now we will just be quite, breeze thru district (<-- Don't know if this is a good thing or not), and prolly breeze to the Semi-Finals again this year. We will find out what this team has got. To all the ETX folks who are acting as if Kilgore and Gilmer are head and shoulders above Carthage, COME ON MAN!! Hahaha. Seriously you guys no better than that. Anyways, 3A is loaded this year, looks like another fun year.

pacdaddy
10-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Yes really!! Don't worry yall find out soon enough.:stirpot:

cowboyandchrist
10-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Don't worry, the Dawgs are right where they want to be, does 2009 and 2010 remind you of anything. The storm from the East is just now starting to build up. Remember, find out who can play where in non district, 1st gear in district with some players going both ways at times, playoffs start and 2nd gear in first game, third gear in second game, here comes fourth gear and the Dawgs are rolling, fifth gear and the Oline is just flat out better than anybody else. The Dawgs hitting on all cylinders in the fifth playoff game and finally they play the best ball of the year in the state championship game.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Don't worry, the Dawgs are right where they want to be, does 2009 and 2010 remind you of anything. The storm from the East is just now starting to build up. Remember, find out who can play where in non district, 1st gear in district with some players going both ways at times, playoffs start and 2nd gear in first game, third gear in second game, here comes fourth gear and the Dawgs are rolling, fifth gear and the Oline is just flat out better than anybody else. The Dawgs hitting on all cylinders in the fifth playoff game and finally they play the best ball of the year in the state championship game.

You are truly a bonafide homer lol.

hollywood
10-14-2013, 06:39 PM

One of these days, you'll get it right again cowboy. I will say you have perseverance!

Dawgs
10-14-2013, 07:04 PM
One of these days, you'll get it right again cowboy. I will say you have perseverance!

Maybe Cowboy is reaching, but historically he is right in the Surratt era of Carthage football. With the exception of last year the Dawgs have done exactly what Cowboy said they will do this year. I will say there has been a different feel since Carthage lost their D coordinator from the 3 peat. Its obvious he had alot to do with Carthage's success. You have to understand where Carthage fans are coming from. Hell after our 3 peat I tought we would win the State Championship every year. And that is the expectation at Carthage now...Every year State Championship or bust. I know that's not fair to the kids, but that is the expectation of the fans. During our run (which really is still going) we beat all the top 3a competition. Gilmer, Argyle, Brownwood, etc. For those 3 years in the playoffs NOBODY was beating us. It just took Carthage a few years to come down from that high. I am looking forward to see how far above their head this team can play when it matters most. Bogie is a 3 year starter, and all time leading QB at Carthage. Tee Goree will break the all time touchdown mark at Carthage for a season this year also. I am looking forward to seeing these boys have a chance to cement their legacy among some great Carthage teams. They will have their chance. We have the "Jimmys & Joes" they just have to play to full potential.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Maybe Cowboy is reaching, but historically he is right in the Surratt era of Carthage football. With the exception of last year the Dawgs have done exactly what Cowboy said they will do this year. I will say there has been a different feel since Carthage lost their D coordinator from the 3 peat. Its obvious he had alot to do with Carthage's success. You have to understand where Carthage fans are coming from. Hell after our 3 peat I tought we would win the State Championship every year. And that is the expectation at Carthage now...Every year State Championship or bust. I know that's not fair to the kids, but that is the expectation of the fans. During our run (which really is still going) we beat all the top 3a competition. Gilmer, Argyle, Brownwood, etc. For those 3 years in the playoffs NOBODY was beating us. It just took Carthage a few years to come down from that high. I am looking forward to see how far above their head this team can play when it matters most. Bogie is a 3 year starter, and all time leading QB at Carthage. Tee Goree will break the all time touchdown mark at Carthage for a season this year also. I am looking forward to seeing these boys have a chance to cement their legacy among some great Carthage teams. They will have their chance. We have the "Jimmys & Joes" they just have to play to full potential.

Its hard staying on the very top for a long period of time.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Polls are what they are, Fairfield beat a top 5 Navasota team pretty handily. I think if they are undeafeated, and beat a top 5 - 10 team that is fine to have them ranked above a 1 loss Carthage team. I don't know if Fairfield is Div 1 or 2, but I dont see them beating Carthage in the playoffs, so I doesn't matter. We kinda fell apart against Whitehouse with a 19 point lead in the 3rd quarter. I will be interested to see what kind of season Whitehouse puts together. I for one am glad we kinda got out of the spotlight. We in Carthage don't care that critics are saying Carthage is overrated, and have no defense. We know these boys, and this coach. Got alot of haters :). Now we will just be quite, breeze thru district (<-- Don't know if this is a good thing or not), and prolly breeze to the Semi-Finals again this year. We will find out what this team has got. To all the ETX folks who are acting as if Kilgore and Gilmer are head and shoulders above Carthage, COME ON MAN!! Hahaha. Seriously you guys no better than that. Anyways, 3A is loaded this year, looks like another fun year.

Handily by the final score.. the score was 30-24 mid 4th quarter w/ Navasota driving to take the lead before yet another turnover...another pick 6 with less than 2 min to play, the score swells to 44-24. Much closer than the score indicates, but with 6 turnovers, you wouldn't expect a win.. As I stated many times before, Fairfield is a legit contender. I will not take anything from the Eagles. Even with all the turnovers, and a sophomore qb, the game was within reach with 6 min to go.

Ville will win it all sorry we messed up your 3A party. We are a 4A team playing in 3A. Numbers may say 3A but don't tell the players that. No team has played the completion we do. And no team works as hard all year long. Our town is FOOTBALL.

regaleagle
10-14-2013, 09:55 PM
I agree, but I think if Celina changes some things and a couple of players have big games Celina can win this game. First off and im gonna take a pounding for this from Argyle folks, but their oline is not as good as last years oline. Argyles oline plays foot to foot and trys to collapse the dline into the linebacker's. I think Celina needs to line up head to head on their oline and make them block head up. Also Celina's dline can't penetrate to far up the field and stay at the line of scrimmage. Celina has to take away the running game and make Argyle beat them passing.

Offensively Celina's qb has to have a huge game passing and find the open receivers. Also Celina has a kid in Deshawn Davis that I would run down the field and throw to. If Deshawn gets separation nobody is gonna keep up with him. Chuck it deep make Argyle double cover.

That's what I would do weather or not it would work who knows. Im sure nothing like this will happen though lol.

Sounds like a reasonable plan, Orange. Y'all go ahead and try that and then we'll see who has speed and who doesn't. As far as running the rock, good luck with that, too. Scoring on our starters is gonna be a real challenge for any team, including a Gilmer. And eventually Ralston, our beast rb that has terrific speed, will break one for major yardage. He'll carry defenders into the end zone on short runs. Argyle has a stable of speedy younger backs, too. And then there's our All-State safety Connor Wilson that carries the ball on occasion as well. He and Sadler just happen to be the fastest players on the team, besides our other senior D-back Reese Thompson....who can outrun them all. He's started for 3 years now, and you don't hear much about him....but he runs backs kicks as well. I think he already took one to the house this year in one of the games. And these seniors don't get to play but about a half every game. Argyle is loaded with Soph. talent that is playing the 2nd half every game. There's some diamonds in that class as well. I think we have 30 seniors, and 15 sophs on the roster, but only 10 juniors.

I want to give props to Graham for some good football. And Argyle has to get some props as well.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a reasonable plan, Orange. Y'all go ahead and try that and then we'll see who has speed and who doesn't. As far as running the rock, good luck with that, too. Scoring on our starters is gonna be a real challenge for any team, including a Gilmer. And eventually Ralston, our beast rb that has terrific speed, will break one for major yardage. He'll carry defenders into the end zone on short runs. Argyle has a stable of speedy younger backs, too. And then there's our All-State safety Connor Wilson that carries the ball on occasion as well. He and Sadler just happen to be the fastest players on the team, besides our other senior D-back Reese Thompson....who can outrun them all. He's started for 3 years now, and you don't hear much about him....but he runs backs kicks as well. I think he already took one to the house this year in one of the games. And these seniors don't get to play but about a half every game. Argyle is loaded with Soph. talent that is playing the 2nd half every game. There's some diamonds in that class as well. I think we have 30 seniors, and 15 sophs on the roster, but only 10 juniors.
Im just saying what I would do. Every team has strengths and weaknesses its up to the other team to find thoughs weaknesses. Argyle will be a heavy favorite as they should be y'all are suiting up an NFL caliber line up!

regaleagle
10-14-2013, 10:20 PM
BTW, Coach Rodgers' son Cooper is really the back-up qb, not Sadler. Cooper was out until the 3rd game with a leg injury suffered before the season even started, so he's just now getting going good. The boy can throw the ball, and he's very accurate. He knows the offense inside and out, naturally. He's a junior this season. He plays the 2nd half every game, and some games was put in before that. I just hope Boyzuick doesn't get "rusty" or need more playing time to stay sharp, although he'll get a baseball scholarship, no doubt. He's got a big arm, and can run, too. He just hasn't had to so far. He's about 6'2" 200 lbs now, and is very comfortable at the helm this season. His accuracy is greatly improved over last season. Overall, I'd say this offense is the most talented to come thru Argyle, and that includes the 2011 team when Austin Aune was a senior at qb and we went to Jerryworld. This team is much better than that one was, imo.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
BTW, Coach Rodgers' son Cooper is really the back-up qb, not Sadler. Cooper was out until the 3rd game with a leg injury suffered before the season even started, so he's just now getting going good. The boy can throw the ball, and he's very accurate. He knows the offense inside and out, naturally. He's a junior this season. He plays the 2nd half every game, and some games was put in before that. I just hope Boyzuick doesn't get "rusty" or need more playing time to stay sharp, although he'll get a baseball scholarship, no doubt. He's got a big arm, and can run, too. He just hasn't had to so far. He's about 6'2" 200 lbs now, and is very comfortable at the helm this season. His accuracy is greatly improved over last season. Overall, I'd say this offense is the most talented to come thru Argyle, and that includes the 2011 when Austin Aune was a senior and we went to Jerryworld. This team is much better than that one was, imo.
No way Boyzuick is better than Aune not even in the same ball park. Argyles oline is not as good this year either as they have been the last few years. I do however think the backs and receivers are better and this is the best defense Argyles had and they are the best in 3a.

Argyles defense is what allows Argyles offense to be successful. I know against Wilmer Hutchins Argyle had the ball in Wilmers end the entire first half. Wilmer completley killed themselves against y'all with 3 first half fumbles in their end of the field and a punt in their end that went like 7 yards. Wilmer had a good defensive scheme against y'all, but their offense made way to many mistakes.

What will kill Celina im afraid in this game is the way they play defense. If Celina continues to bring the house almost every down the game will be just like last year. The way Celina plays defense is very risky and ment to cause havoc in the backfield. Last year that didn't work so well so hopefully some changes will be made.

Aguilafanatico
10-14-2013, 10:42 PM
BTW, Coach Rodgers' son Cooper is really the back-up qb, not Sadler. Cooper was out until the 3rd game with a leg injury suffered before the season even started, so he's just now getting going good. The boy can throw the ball, and he's very accurate. He knows the offense inside and out, naturally. He's a junior this season. He plays the 2nd half every game, and some games was put in before that. I just hope Boyzuick doesn't get "rusty" or need more playing time to stay sharp, although he'll get a baseball scholarship, no doubt. He's got a big arm, and can run, too. He just hasn't had to so far. He's about 6'2" 200 lbs now, and is very comfortable at the helm this season. His accuracy is greatly improved over last season. Overall, I'd say this offense is the most talented to come thru Argyle, and that includes the 2011 team when Austin Aune was a senior at qb and we went to Jerryworld. This team is much better than that one was, imo.

I firmly believe that the coaching staff has not shown much during the non district part of our schedule. Remember Argyle has a new OC this year so expect the play book to start opening up as the season gets deeper. This team has been focused on going deep in the playoffs since the summer began an they are right on pace. You are correct about this sophomore class Regal, it is loaded and the kids are getting a ton of experience. When you look at the current Senior class that may be the difference. They are obviously an extremely talented group across the board with many guys moving onto D1 colleges next year, they are also experienced. This group was part of the 2011 finals team as well as last years playoff team. They have been there. It will take a similarly talented team playing its best to knock these guys off IMO.

regaleagle
10-14-2013, 10:44 PM
I never said or insinuated Boyzuick or the Oline to be better, but the whole offense and the entire team is better, deeper, and more talented overall. Remember, this team already has 4 major D1 commits, and will have at least 2 others by signing day, imo. Hinnrichs at LB and Capra on the Dline will be offered for sure, and perhaps a couple of others.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Celina like any other team against Argyle is gonna have to play their best game and capitolize on mistakes and turnovers to win.

I think this game is much bigger for Celina than it is for Argyle. The Celina natives are a little restless these days so who knows what bombs will be dropped lol. I just hope its not like last year that was a terrible game.

Aguilafanatico
10-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Celina like any other team against Argyle is gonna have to play their best game and capitolize on mistakes and turnovers to win.

I think this game is much bigger for Celina than it is for Argyle. The Celina natives are a little restless these days so who knows what bombs will be dropped lol. I just hope its not like last year that was a terrible game.

I don't know about bigger. I do hear the C word whispered from time to time. It should be a great test for both teams.

regaleagle
10-14-2013, 11:10 PM
You can bet your boots the Argyle coaching staff will not be expecting the same result this season against Celina as happened last season....count on a very good game. Celina is a highly competitive, well-coached, traditional playoff team that will do the unexpected to win a big game. I fully expect both teams to be undefeated coming into that game in Argyle in Week 10. Both teams will give supreme effort....that's what it takes to win this game. And besides, that game is the leader into both squads' playoff schedule. Just hope no player sustains a season-ending injury in that game.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't know about bigger. I do hear the C word whispered from time to time. It should be a great test for both teams.

I think its bigger for Celina because Argyle has won the last few games and lets be honest completely embarrassed Celina last year. That game last year is still fresh in the minds of everybody I would say. This game reminds me of the 02 Celina vs Gainsville game. Gainsville had all the talent, speed, size and nobody gave Celina a chance in heck to win that game. As a matter of fact I think Celina had some close games that year also like this year. Anyways Celina came out and played like gang busters in that game and pulled out the win. Gainsville should have destroyed Celina that night, but obviously you have to play the game. This kinda has the same ora about it.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 11:15 PM
You can bet your boots the Argyle coaching staff will not be expecting the same result this season against Celina as happened last season....count on a very good game. Celina is a highly competitive, well-coached, traditional playoff team that will do the unexpected to win a big game. I fully expect both teams to be undefeated coming into that game in Argyle in Week 10. Both teams will give supreme effort....that's what it takes to win this game. And besides, that game is the leader into both squads' playoff schedule. Just hope no player sustains a season-ending injury in that game.

Good gosh don't bring up injuries Celina has lost 7 players this year 4 of them starters and there are 5 starters right now playing with injuries that could go down anytime.

regaleagle
10-14-2013, 11:15 PM
You mean "the same aura", Orange, lol. "Ora" sounds like we're playing for gold, haha.

hollywood
10-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Argyle D1? They likely get Kilgore in qtr's and if they get past them, Stephenville in semi's.
Argyle D2? They likely get Gilmer in qtr's and if they get past them, then Graham in semi's.

Tough road for Argyle either way.

orange machine
10-14-2013, 11:21 PM
You mean "the same aura", Orange, lol. "Ora" sounds like we're playing for gold, haha.

Yea im an idiot!! Lol

regaleagle
10-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Argyle D1? They likely get Kilgore in qtr's and if they get past them, Stephenville in semi's.
Argyle D2? They likely get Gilmer in qtr's and if they get past them, then Graham in semi's.

Tough road for Argyle either way.

Argyle will have the toughest road to get to Jerryworld of any playoff contender, if they don't get knocked off early. It really doesn't matter which division Argyle falls into, they still have to win every single game to get to the SC game. The team knows this better than we do, and they are working really hard to become the very best team in 3A this season. They know what's in front of them, and what it will take to win every game. It's almost an impossibility with the competition that is at the top tier level in 3A this season. But fortunately, the way the brackets work....you don't have to play every great team in 3A to win the whole enchilada....just those you end up facing.

hollywood
10-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Argyle will have the toughest road to get to Jerryworld of any playoff contender, if they don't get knocked off early. It really doesn't matter which division Argyle falls into, they still have to win every single game to get to the SC game. The team knows this better than we do, and they are working really hard to become the very best team in 3A this season. They know what's in front of them, and what it will take to win every game. It's almost an impossibility with the competition that is at the top tier level in 3A this season. But fortunately, the way the brackets work....you don't have to play every great team in 3A to win the whole enchilada....just those you end up facing.

I agree. Every team works hard towards that same goal. There maybe a team out there we don't know much about. El Campo was it last season. Who's the next El Campo? Thinking about how we think its going to happen is fun, but rarely does it all unfold exactly how we imagine it.

I do think D2 would be a little more forgiving than D1 though. JMO

marler1972
10-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Good gosh don't bring up injuries Celina has lost 7 players this year 4 of them starters and there are 5 starters right now playing with injuries that could go down anytime.

i agree
+1

buckeyebob
10-15-2013, 06:01 AM

Kilgore & Gilmer are heads above...both undefeated...both have played teams that are high quality...now, putting aside your homerism & the bombs you want to throw, how would you rate 'em? & why?...perhaps the rest of the world is wrong & you could convince us with facts, not BS & Bombs.

waterboy
10-15-2013, 07:45 AM
All I got to say about any of this is...it'll all come out in the wash anyway. Polls don't mean doodley squat, opinions don't matter, it's whether a team beats the team in front of them that matters. In the playoffs, it's either win or go home. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that. There are a few people who have seen more than one or two of these teams play in person, and what they say may or may not be true. The truth is it's all speculative anyway. We'll see how it all shakes out in the end. Who knows? It may not be anything like any of us think. I've seen that happen before, too.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 07:48 AM
All I got to say about any of this is...it'll all come out in the wash anyway. Polls don't mean doodley squat, opinions don't matter, it's whether a team beats the team in front of them that matters. In the playoffs, it's either win or go home. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that. There are a few people who have seen more than one or two of these teams play in person, and what they say may or may not be true. The truth is it's all speculative anyway. We'll see how it all shakes out in the end. Who knows? It may not be anything like any of us think. I've seen that happen before, too.

:iagree:

lostaussie
10-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Kilgore & Gilmer are heads above...both undefeated...both have played teams that are high quality.... I disagree with this Whole heartedly!!! Really, who have we beat. To me Prestonwood was the only decent team we have faced. And Kilgore..........They beat Mt Pleasant lmao!!! Don't get me wrong, I certainly think we can get it done, but to diss some other squads around the state would be preposterous on our part. There are some really good teams out there in both divisions. The difference I believe is this year there just not as many of them across the state. I believe we could easily pick both state champs in a guess of about 6 or 7 teams.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Kilgore & Gilmer are heads above...both undefeated...both have played teams that are high quality...now, putting aside your homerism & the bombs you want to throw, how would you rate 'em? & why?...perhaps the rest of the world is wrong & you could convince us with facts, not BS & Bombs.

See this is one of the main problems. I don't know what you are talking about. I have not said anything about Carthage being ranked above Gilmer or Kilgore. If you read my post I am not really even being a homer. I agree Gilmer and Kilgore should be ranked above Carthage in any poll. I said you or anybody else is crazy if you think Gilmer or Kilgore is heads and shoulders above Carthage on Friday nights. Niether Gilmer or Kilgore has played ANYBODY! Period. Your hate for Carthage just blinds you bud. Your post made no sense in response to what I had previously posted.

Aggie98
10-15-2013, 04:49 PM
See this is one of the main problems. I don't know what you are talking about. I have not said anything about Carthage being ranked above Gilmer or Kilgore. If you read my post I am not really even being a homer. I agree Gilmer and Kilgore should be ranked above Carthage in any poll. I said you or anybody else is crazy if you think Gilmer or Kilgore is heads and shoulders above Carthage on Friday nights. Niether Gilmer or Kilgore has played ANYBODY! Period. Your hate for Carthage just blinds you bud. Your post made no sense in response to what I had previously posted.

If Carthage played Kilgore's schedule or Gilmer's schedule, they would still be undefeated and ranked #1.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 05:55 PM

If Carthage played Kilgore's schedule or Gilmer's schedule, they would still be undefeated and ranked #1.

Let me chime in here for a second...

If Gilmer, Kilgore or Carthage played Stephenville's schedule this season, none would be undefeated right now!

Ok, carry on.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 06:12 PM

If Gilmer, Kilgore or Carthage played Stephenville's schedule this season, none would be undefeated right now!

Ok, carry on.

Don't worry Stephenville will have there 2nd loss when they face Kilgore in the Semi-Finals...You heard it here first. Then yes, we will carry on our converstaion out of who is better between Carthage and Kilgore the week leading up to the State Championship. Honestly Stephenville is in the same boat as Carthage. Played top tier 4a team, and got their doors blown off.

Deuce
10-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Don't worry Stephenville will have there 2nd loss when they face Kilgore in the Semi-Finals...You heard it here first. Then yes, we will carry on our converstaion out of who is better between Carthage and Kilgore the week leading up to the State Championship. Honestly Stephenville is in the same boat as Carthage. Played top tier 4a team, and got their doors blown off.

Bahahaha! Love how everyone is making these bold predictions this early in the season. Wonder how many will come back and eat crow if their wrong? My guess... Not many!

orange machine
10-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I can say this there are to many good teams out there to be predicting who gonna beat who. Last Stephenvillle was head and shoulders better than everybody except maybe Navasota but this year it seems there are a number of teams that can go all the way.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Bahahaha! Love how everyone is making these bold predictions this early in the season. Wonder how many will come back and eat crow if their wrong? My guess... Not many!

I thought this was the point of these kind of boards...Come back and eat crow when? When Ville beats Kilgoe in the Semi-Finals. Ok, I'll be here to say I was wrong, and congratulate. I just dont think it will happen personally. But I am no Dave Campbell. Just another homer who likes to have a little fun on boards. I will make another bold statement, Graham won't get it done this year either. Same story as the rest of the state. Beat up on weak teams in your area, and then you have to play a big bad team from the East, and you go home with hurt feelings. Everybody not in East Texas should just jump on the Stephenville bandwagon :). And before Argyle starts crowing, its the same story for them every year too for the most part. They had their chance in 2011...Wimberly stole their thunder.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
You are truly a bonafide homer lol.
:spitlol::spitlol:That cracked me up!

buckeyebob
10-15-2013, 07:18 PM

I have no idea where you got the opinion that I hate Carthage...I think Carthage is a well coached (great respect for Surratt), dedicated players that get the job done, and have a great tradition...I have always enjoyed the times we have played them, even when we loose...no shame in loosing to a good team. I have friends from Carthage & yes, we do banter among ourselves. Rankings mean absolutley nothing other than a large bullseye on your back. Since Carthage moves out of 16-3A, we have not had the opportunity to meet. If you want to have the opinion we have palyed nobody, so be it...opinions are like AHoles...everybody has one...I have never asked for yours nor do I care.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
:spitlol::spitlol:That cracked me up!

I aim to please.

buckeyebob
10-15-2013, 07:19 PM

Ok, carry on.

I knew we could count on your unbiased opinion and astute observations.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 07:42 PM

I agree with you just because Stephenville got absolutely destroyed by Aledo doesn't mean Gilmer, Carthage or Kilgore would. What honestly believe is that Gilmer is faster than Stephenville and although I have know idea who would win I would bet Gilmer would beat Stephenville this year. Gilmer is faster and seems to have more pure athletes than Stephenville this year. Last year Stephenville would have beat up on Gilmer this year seems to be the opposite.

Before I get blasted I base this a video of both teams.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I fully expect Celina to meet up with Gilmer in the playoffs and I can admit right now their speed is gonna bd an issue for Celina. Only way to beat a speedy team is to keep the ball away and play sound football with goid technique. If Celina doesn't do that against Argyle or Gilmer hopefully it will be an ugly game.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 07:48 PM

:thumbsup:

My point being, Aledo has every position covered this season with freaks. There's not a 3A or 4A team that can beat them this year. And include most 5A's. The top 6 or so 5A's could.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 07:56 PM
:thumbsup:

My point being, Aledo has every position covered this season with freaks. There's not a 3A or 4A team that can beat them this year. And include most 5A's. The top 6 or so 5A's could.

Im not gonna say your wrong, but that statment is pure speculation. I think Gilmer would give Aledo a better game than Stephenville did only because Gilmer has more speed and athletes this year.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 07:57 PM
I agree with you just because Stephenville got absolutely destroyed by Aledo doesn't mean Gilmer, Carthage or Kilgore would. What honestly believe is that Gilmer is faster than Stephenville and although I have know idea who would win I would bet Gilmer would beat Stephenville this year. Gilmer is faster and seems to have more pure athletes than Stephenville this year. Last year Stephenville would have beat up on Gilmer this year seems to be the opposite.

Before I get blasted I base this a video of both teams.

:eek:

You're about to get blasted OM!! How dare you say Stephenville would get beat! And how dare you say Carthage, Gilmer or Kilgore would bold deferently against them!! How dare you!

Ok, if you have not seen Aledo with you own eyes, you truly have no idea. Now on to Gilmer, Carthage, and Kilgore comments. Don't EVER say East Texas teams have more speed because you know that is not true. Stephenville's overall team speed is faster this season than last season. And we all know that speed doesn't win football games. La Vega had blazing speed. What happened? You know where it lies OM? In the trenches! You should know that! Stephenville's OL and DL are very good and continue to improve each week. I'm not saying Stephenville would beat any of the 3 teams mentioned, but they have as much of a chance as any of those teams do in beating Stephenville.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 08:00 PM
I have no idea where you got the opinion that I hate Carthage...I think Carthage is a well coached (great respect for Surratt), dedicated players that get the job done, and have a great tradition...I have always enjoyed the times we have played them, even when we loose...no shame in loosing to a good team. I have friends from Carthage & yes, we do banter among ourselves. Rankings mean absolutley nothing other than a large bullseye on your back. Since Carthage moves out of 16-3A, we have not had the opportunity to meet. If you want to have the opinion we have palyed nobody, so be it...opinions are like AHoles...everybody has one...I have never asked for yours nor do I care.

Once again I have no idea what your talking about. This response once agian does not make much sense. I get the opinion that anytime something is said about Carthage, you have a response, and it is mostly taking shots. Whether its Carthage is overrated or some of your other BS. Dude, you have "Damn Carthage" in your signature. Its pretty obvious you have Carthage envy. Which I really can't understand givin Gilmers tradition. I am sure you don't care about my opinions, but you asked me to rank the teams in your previous post. I have already stated that Gilmer should be ranked higher than Carthage, and I prolly believe that Gilmer is a little bit ahead of Carthage at this point in the season. I do not believe that Gilmer is world beaters, as YOU would have us all to believe. For heavens saje you were on here crowing about scrimmages before the season started...LMAO. Beat Kilgore handily, and then we can discuss. You cannot help how good the teams you play are, and Gilmer has blown the doors off everybody that they have faced this season. That is a fact jack :).

hollywood
10-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Im not gonna say your wrong, but that statment is pure speculation. I think Gilmer would give Aledo a better game than Stephenville did only because Gilmer has more speed and athletes this year.

Again, Stephenville has speed brotha. It wasn't a speed issue. It was inexperience on Stephenville's part. IMO, Aledo was in playoff form out of the box! SR heavy. Stephenville has made huge strides since week 1. Huge. Put it this way.. Gilmer, Carthage and Kilgore returned a lot this season. Stephenville did to buy not as many. Those teams were ahead of the curve starting the season. By playoff time... I say Stephenville could beat any team in 3A. Again, I said could. ;)

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Again, Stephenville has speed brotha. It wasn't a speed issue. It was inexperience on Stephenville's part. IMO, Aledo was in playoff form out of the box! SR heavy. Stephenville has made huge strides since week 1. Huge. Put it this way.. Gilmer, Carthage and Kilgore returned a lot this season. Stephenville did to buy not as many. Those teams were ahead of the curve starting the season. By playoff time... I say Stephenville could beat any team in 3A. Again, I said could. ;)

I don't think there is any question that Stephenville could beat any team in the state. They will prolly be the favorites every year until they go back to 4a where they belong. Its hard to beat a disciplined team running that kind of spread offense. I watched the State game last year...Those boys could flat out play. Last year might have been one of the years where the TOP 1 & 2 in 3a would nave made a splash in 4a. Anyway I think everyone that has any sense expects Stephenville to be there in the end.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 08:12 PM
:eek:

You're about to get blasted OM!! How dare you say Stephenville would get beat! And how dare you say Carthage, Gilmer or Kilgore would bold deferently against them!! How dare you!

Ok, if you have not seen Aledo with you own eyes, you truly have no idea. Now on to Gilmer, Carthage, and Kilgore comments. Don't EVER say East Texas teams have more speed because you know that is not true. Stephenville's overall team speed is faster this season than last season. And we all know that speed doesn't win football games. La Vega had blazing speed. What happened? You know where it lies OM? In the trenches! You should know that! Stephenville's OL and DL are very good and continue to improve each week. I'm not saying Stephenville would beat any of the 3 teams mentioned, but they have as much of a chance as any of those teams do in beating Stephenville.

I agree with you to a point, but I can tell you right as a sit here Henderson beat Celina the last two years because of speed pure and simple. Henderson was not that great in the trenches and their linebackers were soft as pudding, but those suckers could run just like their alm everything Monsta Brown. Had Celina had more speed on defense to contain Monsta and their runningback Celina would have won that game.

I've seen both Gilmer and Stephenville on film and Gilmer is faster. That doesn't mean they could necessarily beat Stephenville, but based on what I've seen I would go with Gilmer.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 08:16 PM
I think in D1 the title will be won by Stephenville or Argyle.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 08:18 PM
I agree with you to a point, but I can tell you right as a sit here Henderson beat Celina the last two years because of speed pure and simple. Henderson was not that great in the trenches and their linebackers were soft as pudding, but those suckers could run just like their alm everything Monsta Brown. Had Celina had more speed on defense to contain Monsta and their runningback Celina would have won that game.

I've seen both Gilmer and Stephenville on film and Gilmer is faster. That doesn't mean they could necessarily beat Stephenville, but based on what I've seen I would go with Gilmer.

Fair enough. You know I'm just giving you a hard time! As for speed, it's a must in football. The "East Texas" speed or Everman speed or La Vega speed or Waco High speed or Navasota speed is a key factor. Celina's issue wasn't speed.. It was execution. Agree?

hollywood
10-15-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't think there is any question that Stephenville could beat any team in the state. They will prolly be the favorites every year until they go back to 4a where they belong. Its hard to beat a disciplined team running that kind of spread offense. I watched the State game last year...Those boys could flat out play. Last year might have been one of the years where the TOP 1 & 2 in 3a would nave made a splash in 4a. Anyway I think everyone that has any sense expects Stephenville to be there in the end.

Sorry Dawg, I like saying that by the way.. Stephenville will actually go 4A next year!

And so will Kilgore, Carthage, Navasota, etc.

;)

Deuce
10-15-2013, 08:22 PM
I thought this was the point of these kind of boards...Come back and eat crow when? When Ville beats Kilgoe in the Semi-Finals. Ok, I'll be here to say I was wrong, and congratulate. I just dont think it will happen personally. But I am no Dave Campbell. Just another homer who likes to have a little fun on boards. I will make another bold statement, Graham won't get it done this year either. Same story as the rest of the state. Beat up on weak teams in your area, and then you have to play a big bad team from the East, and you go home with hurt feelings. Everybody not in East Texas should just jump on the Stephenville bandwagon :). And before Argyle starts crowing, its the same story for them every year too for the most part. They had their chance in 2011...Wimberly stole their thunder.

Keep making all your bold predictions. Maybe you will get 1correct.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Fair enough. You know I'm just giving you a hard time! As for speed, it's a must in football. The "East Texas" speed or Everman speed or La Vega speed or Waco High speed or Navasota speed is a key factor. Celina's issue wasn't speed.. It was execution. Agree?

Honestly I didn't want to say this, but what really screwed Celina last year other than speed was coaching. Celina got the ball after halftime and they called the same pass play 3 times in a row which was the runningback running out in the flat and 3 straight incompletions. That was boneheaded and gave Henderson great field position. That game was more on the play calling verse the players execution.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Sorry Dawg, I like saying that by the way.. Stephenville will actually go 4A next year!

And so will Kilgore, Carthage, Navasota, etc.

;)

Haha...Yes you are correct. Looks like we are stuck with yall. Doesn't bother me. To be the best you got to beat the best. And Stephenville has proven to be one of the best programs in the state regardless of classification. They are players year in and year out. Just won't win state this year!:tisk:

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Keep making all your bold predictions. Maybe you will get 1correct.

Thats kind of my technique...I am just bantering a little. Need to spice up this thread a little. Hasn't been enough trash talk on this site this year.

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 09:41 PM

If you truly believe that Dawgs, then bring your boney butt on over anytime and our boyz will be more than happy to set you East Texas toothounds back on level ground. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of East Texas hype that y'all have been blowing for years. Seems to me, our record over there in East Texas is pretty darn good, considering the overall record of Argyle vs East Texas teams. Now I realize you Kilgorites haven't yet tasted a game against the Argyllians yet, but once you have you won't soon forget it. So I'll give you a pass for now....until you've had the chance to savor the flavor that's left knotted in your throat when the scoreboard says y'all came and got conquered. Until then, let's just give the boys from each school the latitude they've worked hard to earn.

BTW>>>it's quite obvious to me you didn't see the Argyle/Wimberley final in 2011 or you wouldn't have made that statement. No reflection of WT, they played a clean game and did what they needed to win. And obviously, you didn't see any of the other games against Gilmer and Carthage leading up to that final either. Yes, Argyle had some bad luck that day and ended up losing. Not the first time that has happened to a very good team. And won't be the last either. But that's football, and in no way can you say Argyle was less of a team than the East Texas teams it beat to get there.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 09:52 PM
:1popcorn:

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 10:07 PM
And while we're on the subject, Dawgs....why don't you pull a few records on Argyle for the last 11 yrs....the totality of time Argyle has been a high school. Let me see, there were 100 wins in 10 seasons in football under Coach Todd Rodgers(I believe that's 2nd only to Carthage in that time span) and 3 Lone Star Cups that includes football as a major contribution just to earn that highest UIL award. If you don't do well in football, you ain't winning a Lone Star Cup, end of story. In fact your school must excel in basketball, volleyball, track, baseball, band, and the UIL meet. But just look up the football record for Argyle since its inception, and its district championships, and its playoffs record...since we're talking football here. Then you would have done your due diligence and not be putting your foot in your mouth on a board like this that everybody in 3A reads, lol. Welcome to 3A football....it's a tight-knit group and the fans know their competition well.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 10:17 PM
And while we're on the subject, Dawgs....why don't you pull a few records on Argyle for the last 11 yrs....the totality of time Argyle has been a high school. Let me see, there were 100 wins in 10 seasons in football under Coach Todd Rodgers(I believe that's 2nd only to Carthage in that time span) and 3 Lone Star Cups that includes football as a major contribution just to earn that highest UIL award. If you don't do well in football, you ain't winning a Lone Star Cup, end of story. In fact your school must excel in basketball, volleyball, track, baseball, band, and the UIL meet. But just look up the football record for Argyle since its inception, and its district championships, and its playoffs record...since we're talking football here. Then you would have done your due diligence and not be putting your foot in your mouth on a board like this that everybody in 3A reads, lol. Welcome to 3A football....it's a tight-knit group and the fans know their competition well.

I am from Carthage where we have won 3 State Championships in 5 years. Might have a chance to make it 4 in 6 this year. Congrats on Lone Star Cups. PS: Carthage has 3 Baseball State Championships too.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 10:21 PM
:1popcorn: how about some more popcorn!!

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 10:23 PM
If you truly believe that Dawgs, then bring your boney butt on over anytime and our boyz will be more than happy to set you East Texas toothounds back on level ground. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of East Texas hype that y'all have been blowing for years. Seems to me, our record over there in East Texas is pretty darn good, considering the overall record of Argyle vs East Texas teams. Now I realize you Kilgorites haven't yet tasted a game against the Argyllians yet, but once you have you won't soon forget it. So I'll give you a pass for now....until you've had the chance to savor the flavor that's left knotted in your throat when the scoreboard says y'all came and got conquered. Until then, let's just give the boys from each school the latitude they've worked hard to earn.

BTW>>>it's quite obvious to me you didn't see the Argyle/Wimberley final in 2011 or you wouldn't have made that statement. No reflection of WT, they played a clean game and did what they needed to win. And obviously, you didn't see any of the other games against Gilmer and Carthage leading up to that final either. Yes, Argyle had some bad luck that day and ended up losing. Not the first time that has happened to a very good team. And won't be the last either. But that's football, and in no way can you say Argyle was less of a team than the East Texas teams it beat to get there.

I was in the stands in 2011 when the best team Argyle has had got taken to the edge, by Carthage's weakest team in the last 6 years. It was actually this same group of kids when they were sophmores...Minus Ed Pope. I was also in the stands in 2010. Argyle always has good teams. They just haven't been able to close out a season.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 10:25 PM
I was in the stands in 2011 when the best team Argyle has had got taken to the edge, by Carthage's weakest team in the last 6 years. It was actually this same group of kids when they were sophmores...Minus Ed Pope. I was also in the stands in 2010. Argyle always has good teams. They just haven't been able to close out a season.

Good response!

Regal your turn.

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 10:30 PM
You're from the most prolific 3A school in Texas in football the last 10 yrs, Dawgs. There's no reason for you or your fellow Carthegenians to denigrate any perennial playoff team in our classification. Sorry I thought you were from Kilgore....y'all are both the Bulldogs, lol. With the subject having Kilgore mentioned as well, I thought you were a Kilgore poster. Nevertheless, Argyle's record speaks for itself, just as does that of Carthage. I'll defend my homeboys like any true fan would.....no offense meant. But your boys are always a welcome challenge for our boys....you know that.

orange machine
10-15-2013, 10:39 PM
You're from the most prolific 3A school in Texas in football the last 10 yrs, Dawgs. There's no reason for you or your fellow Carthegenians to denigrate any perennial playoff team in our classification. Sorry I thought you were from Kilgore....y'all are both the Bulldogs, lol. With the subject having Kilgore mentioned as well, I thought you were a Kilgore poster. Nevertheless, Argyle's record speaks for itself, just as does that of Carthage. I'll defend my homeboys like any true fan would.....no offense meant. But your boys are always a welcome challenge for our boys....you know that.

Well crap that was just getting good lol.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 10:41 PM

I'm not trying to denigrate any team, I was just trying to stir the pot a little sir. I'll go back in my hole now.
:wave:

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Actually, I was quite happy with this little verbal exchange.....it kinda got the blood flowing again. Feels real good to have a little excitement generated on here this season. So far, things have been kind of "ho hum, yawn, what's the score now?" type of season. Don't put the pot up....stir that mixture good. Then look into it and see the future, haha. Or you may just see a pot of chili, lol.

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 09:09 AM

Ok, carry on.I agree 100%. All Would have the same loss to Aledo. Some just might have played them better:D

coach
10-16-2013, 09:14 AM
I agree 100%. All Would have the same loss to Aledo. Some just might have played them better:D

You could say the same for Carthages Schedule. They played 2 tams in the top 25 in 4a and all would have lost to Whitehouse and wouldnt be surprised all would lose to nac. Carthage was very fortunate to excape that one.

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 09:21 AM
You could say the same for Carthages Schedule. They played 2 tams in the top 25 in 4a and all would have lost to Whitehouse and wouldnt be surprised all would lose to nac. Carthage was very fortunate to excape that one.I am not a believer in Whitehouse. And I know it was a scrimmage. But we manhandled there defense. I would have loved to have played them in a regular season game.

hollywood
10-16-2013, 09:56 AM
I agree 100%. All Would have the same loss to Aledo. Some just might have played them better:D

I agree 100% if played the same week in week 1.

Here's my take on it. Gilmer, Carthage, and Kilgore returned more players than the Ville this season. Basically the "house". All 3 teams were "young" last season and all 3 made it to at least the semis and of course Gilmer to the big show. So with this, these 3 teams were ahead of the curve in terms of experience, execution and team chemistry. All of those key factors were already there from the start. Aledo was in the same form coming into the season. Young team last year and returned the house so to speak. And, they gained 2-3 players from the metroplex that can flat out play. Best Aledo team I've ever seen and that's having watched them for years. Stephenville returned 6/6. Key is they lost the QB, RB, 6'4" 325 lb OL, 3 WR's, DE, Defensive MVP in the SC game NG, both CB's, and 2 LB's. So if you really think about it, Stephenville hadn't had time to really get things going by week 1. If they played this week, Stephenville probably wouldn't beat Aledo, but it would be a much better performance. So far, I really like what I see out of this Stephenville team. Preparing to peak at the right time and that's the 3rd season!

lostaussie
10-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Would Aledo be D1 or D2?

hollywood
10-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Would Aledo be D1 or D2?

Aledo will be D2 in 4A Reg 1. They will likely face Whitehouse in the semi's. By by Whitehouse.

waterboy
10-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Aledo will be D2 in 4A Reg 1. They will likely face Whitehouse in the semi's. By by Whitehouse.

Yep..., bye, bye Whitehouse. All a team has to do to beat them is have some good corners and safeties to play a cover 2. They don't have a running game. Aledo will likely smoke them pretty good.