PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- West Oso

99IHSMustang
10-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Hopefully Ingleside can use this game to work on the pass game on 1st and 2nd down.

cboycansurvive
10-14-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm friends with Coach and he gave me access to his Huddle account. According to Huddle we threw it 16 times- 8 on 1st down, 4 on 2nd and 4 on 3rd. Pretty good balance. It's easy for us Saturday morning coaches to talk about the game but we don't always remember things the way they actually happened. The INT to Terrance was on 1st down after a long kickoff return. The one handed catch by Terrance was on 2nd down.

99IHSMustang
10-14-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm friends with Coach and he gave me access to his Huddle account. According to Huddle we threw it 16 times- 8 on 1st down, 4 on 2nd and 4 on 3rd. Pretty good balance. It's easy for us Saturday morning coaches to talk about the game but we don't always remember things the way they actually happened. The INT to Terrance was on 1st down after a long kickoff return. The one handed catch by Terrance was on 2nd down.

How many of those were quick passes directly to the receiver that was caught barely above the line of scrimmage? How many runs did Ingleside have on 1st and second down? Again, from my viewpoint and several others around me the play calling was predicatable by the 3rd and 4th qtrs.

cboycansurvive
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM
If predictable means run the ball vs prevent coverage then I would say that is what you are suppossed to do against 5 defenders in the box. We just didnt do a good job of running it and we have always been a heavy screen team and will continue to do so. We were 9-16 (60%) for 164 passing. Most people in HS would say that is a good day. On routes down the field 20+ yards we were 2 of 7 with one int due to the 2 deep prevent coverage. what do you expect just keep throwing the ball down the field for incompletions or int's???? All of this is available on Huddle.

cboycansurvive
10-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Here is the complete breakdown 1st down 12 runs, 8 passes; 2nd down 8 runs, 4 passes, 3rd down 2 runs, 4 passes (most were 3rd and long). Total 16 passes and 26 runs. don't see a big trend here.

MUSTANG69
10-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Here is the complete breakdown 1st down 12 runs, 8 passes; 2nd down 8 runs, 4 passes, 3rd down 2 runs, 4 passes (most were 3rd and long). Total 16 passes and 26 runs. don't see a big trend here.

Do you have the breakdown for the 1st and 2nd half? Would be interested in seeing that.

99IHSMustang
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
If predictable means run the ball vs prevent coverage then I would say that is what you are suppossed to do against 5 defenders in the box. We just didnt do a good job of running it and we have always been a heavy screen team and will continue to do so. We were 9-16 (60%) for 164 passing. Most people in HS would say that is a good day. On routes down the field 20+ yards we were 2 of 7 with one int due to the 2 deep prevent coverage. what do you expect just keep throwing the ball down the field for incompletions or int's???? All of this is available on Huddle.

Heck no I don't expect them to just keep airing it down field. When Ingleside has mixed in some quick slant plays they have proven to work. I can recall 1 or two in the last game. Regardless if running against 5 defenders in the box is what your supposed to do, something should change if it is not working.

I will have to check out Huddle. The last time I looked it didn't have highlights of the current games.

cboycansurvive
10-14-2013, 04:24 PM
You guys are tough. I think most people would be happy to do what we do offensively. Look at this years numbers and remember we are not plauying slouches and this is with a quarter and a half missing at the Beeville game. Passing 70-124; 1,072 yds.(8.64 per attempt, 15.3 per completion) Rushing 178-1240 yds (6.96 per carry). Most towns would love to see these type of numbers and its this way year in/year out. We have a WR in top 10 all time and a QB who is headed that is at #30 all time already. We have 2,312 total yards in 6 games (5 3/4) or 385 per game. Didn't have that against sinton but I believe that Sinton running 78 offensive plays had something to do with that (ball control). Huddle has all games and stats there.

MUSTANG69
10-14-2013, 04:47 PM
You guys are tough. I think most people would be happy to do what we do offensively. Look at this years numbers and remember we are not plauying slouches and this is with a quarter and a half missing at the Beeville game. Passing 70-124; 1,072 yds.(8.64 per attempt, 15.3 per completion) Rushing 178-1240 yds (6.96 per carry). Most towns would love to see these type of numbers and its this way year in/year out. We have a WR in top 10 all time and a QB who is headed that is at #30 all time already. We have 2,312 total yards in 6 games (5 3/4) or 385 per game. Didn't have that against sinton but I believe that Sinton running 78 offensive plays had something to do with that (ball control). Huddle has all games and stats there.

I am not complaining. It just seemed to me we just did not mix it up enough in the first half and Sinton caught on pretty quick. That is why I was asking if you had a breakdown of the first half and second half so I could see if I was right or wrong.

99IHSMustang
10-14-2013, 06:18 PM

I think Ingleside has come a long way offensively and defensively. I would like to see Ingleside get to the next level, that's all. I agree that this year's schedule has been tougher and the kids are doing great and playing hard. The coaching change that started 9 years ago has been a big part of this type of progression. I hope that hasn't been lost with my attempt to give some form of constructive criticism.

gobbla4life
10-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Guys , y'all are fine! You just beat your biggest rival by double digits , have played a steller non district and will coast the rest of the way to the playoffs! Y'all are solid on D , and have a very balanced O ! Good luck guys .

GO MEAN GREEN

buff4ever
10-15-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't even know who I think will win this game?

99IHSMustang
10-15-2013, 10:16 AM

Haha. Beware of the howling bear as Phil would say.

cboycansurvive
10-16-2013, 09:43 AM

Better hope Giddings wins their game this week Buff or there may be no playoffs this year.

99IHSMustang
10-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Gameday!!

Snotbubbles
10-18-2013, 08:52 AM

It's HUDL, not Huddle. Amazing the tech they have now days too, compared to the old tape we viewed as players, huh?

99IHSMustang
10-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Final Score: Ingleside 54 WO 7. Ingleside pretty much did anything they wanted to. Running clock was up in the second half and mostly subs played.