PDA

View Full Version : Liberty HIll (5-1) vs. Brownwood (3-3)

panfan
10-14-2013, 07:50 AM
LH travels to the Wood. Tough place to play and win, but this year's squad aint last year's squad - its better. The lions scraped out a last second win over the dawgs last week, so they got some moxy. With the win over Burnet, this game might decide who wins district in 8-3a. LH by 3 (i'm telling ya - that field goald for the win is coming from the panthers). Maybe now the that lions got their confidence back they will come out and play this week on the board. After last week, was beginning to think they got their mane's shaved and were neutered!:1omg!:

panfan
10-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Come one LH and Brownwood folks - vote on the Region 1 GOTW. Do we really want to hear another week about stephenville this and stephenville that? VOTE- its your civic football duty!

vtskneb
10-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Come one LH and Brownwood folks - vote on the Region 1 GOTW. Do we really want to hear another week about stephenville this and stephenville that? VOTE- its your civic football duty!

Brownwood loves talking about Stephenville. They have to aspire to something these days.

panfan
10-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Brownwood loves talking about Stephenville. They have to aspire to something these days.

I don't care who ya are, that right there is funny!:spitlol:

hollywood
10-14-2013, 08:56 AM
LH travels to the Wood. Tough place to play and win, but this year's squad aint last year's squad - its better. The lions scraped out a last second win over the dawgs last week, so they got some moxy. With the win over Burnet, this game might decide who wins district in 8-3a. LH by 3 (i'm telling ya - that field goald for the win is coming from the panthers). Maybe now the that lions got their confidence back they will come out and play this week on the board. After last week, was beginning to think they got their mane's shaved and were neutered!:1omg!:

Brownwood has more than moxy panfan. They have their starters back and some serious weapons. It's not just a confidence factor... although it does come with it. ;) Brownwood will likely be able to hold that potent slot-t or whatever it's called offense in check. :clap:

Well, now that Brownwood is creating their own destiny, I think the motivating factor in their win last Friday was to give them their best opportunity in the playoffs. If they lost that game.. it would have been 1 and done. :D Now, if they take care of business, their most likely match up is going to be with Alvarado... unless Lamp gets in or Burn-ett some how misses the playoffs. Now that would set Cam into orbit!! :vrycnfsd:

panfan
10-14-2013, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1770676] Brownwood will likely be able to hold that potent slot-t or whatever it's called offense in check./QUOTE]

Make fun all you like Holly - it works and has been working not only this season, but in many seasons past. We have no preconceived notions about going into brownwood and simply taking a "W". They will be tough. But in the end, I think we will walk out of there with the W. The only think relevant about last year's game, is they came into our house and won - pissed a lot of players off that are seniors this year. They are looking fro some revenge - plain and simple.
Oh and we have run a few kickoffs and punts back for TDs as well. :stirpot:

hollywood
10-14-2013, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1770676] Brownwood will likely be able to hold that potent slot-t or whatever it's called offense in check./QUOTE]

Make fun all you like Holly - it works and has been working not only this season, but in many seasons past. We have no preconceived notions about going into brownwood and simply taking a "W". They will be tough. But in the end, I think we will walk out of there with the W. The only think relevant about last year's game, is they came into our house and won - pissed a lot of players off that are seniors this year. They are looking fro some revenge - plain and simple.
Oh and we have run a few kickoffs and punts back for TDs as well. :stirpot:

Easy panny! Don't get them in such a wad. lol

This should be a great Friday night lights atmosphere. With the Wood coming off of a "come from behind" last second 107 yard KO return for the W, Gordon Wood stadium will be electric. Good luck! ;)

panfan
10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=panfan;1770681]

Easy panny! Don't get them in such a wad. lol

This should be a great Friday night lights atmosphere. With the Wood coming off of a "come from behind" last second 107 yard KO return for the W, Gordon Wood stadium will be electric. Good luck! ;)

No waddage here - just the facts jack!!!

hollywood
10-14-2013, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1770685]

No waddage here - just the facts jack!!!

Hey hey... we hear ya. Don't get caught with them purple t-backs creapin' up panny. You may want to wear some overalls like all you other cedar choppers down there in that part of the world. LOL

BwdLion73
10-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Well you got 5 days to post and have fun, just dont be like Burnet when you lose.

Last post I had from Burnet was around 11am last Friday.

;):p

panfan
10-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Well you got 5 days to post and have fun, just dont be like Burnet when you lose.

Last post I had from Burnet was around 11am last Friday.

;):p

IF Lion, IF we lose. I'll cackle loud til game time, and IF we lose, I'll eat the crow feathers and all. Got no problem with that. But I'm suspecting things to be a bit different this year.

greendawg84
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Let me have the Barney's by a field goal . This game will be the first real test of the season for the Panthers . And no Wimperly is not up to their usual standards , so dont be trying to tell me about that win panfan !

Turin
10-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Based on the stats of Burnet vs. Brownwood with the total yards, three turnovers and two kickoff returns for TDs what are the thoughts from both sides. Does Burnet think they were the better team except for some turnover and kick coverage mistakes? Does Brownwood feel they got away with one? Or just ignore the stats and these are closely matched teams?

Bosqueville
10-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure if LH has seen a passing attack that BWD will bring. That seemed to be our advantage last year.

BwdLion73
10-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Based on the stats of Burnet vs. Brownwood with the total yards, three turnovers and two kickoff returns for TDs what are the thoughts from both sides. Does Burnet think they were the better team except for some turnover and kick coverage mistakes? Does Brownwood feel they got away with one? Or just ignore the stats and these are closely matched teams?

Brownwood was leading 27-14 at the half. Burnet came out and did a great job of adjusting. They held Brownwood scoreless on their first 4 possessions while taking the lead. It was a good back and forth game. It was our turn to score and Burnet just ran out of time. Burnet will not quit because of this and I would not want to be the team playing them this week.

Now it's time to shift gears and prepare for a totally different challange.

hollywood
10-14-2013, 04:25 PM
The key is going to be how is LH's passing D? DB's pretty solid or used to going up against run oriented teams?

panfan
10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
The key is going to be how is LH's passing D? DB's pretty solid or used to going up against run oriented teams?

Every team we have played has either presented as a balanced pass and run team or pass heavy team. We have several interceptions to show for it!

Turin
10-14-2013, 05:06 PM

Except for Hondo, every game has been against a spread. Defense has been much better against the pass this year than last with practically 9 returning starters. We were also 100% healthy in the secondary two deep last week for the first time all year. Not that stats mean anything but we held Llano to half the yards we did last year.

hollywood
10-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Every team we have played has either presented as a balanced pass and run team or pass heavy team. We have several interceptions to show for it!

Has LH played solid competition yet?

Giddings (2-3) -- Decent
Hondo (3-3) -- Nope
Smithville (0-6) -- Nope
Rockdale(4-3) -- Nope
Wimberley (3-3) -- Decent
Llano (2-4) -- Nope

Turin
10-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Giddings (2-3) -- Decent
Hondo (3-3) -- Nope
Smithville (0-6) -- Nope
Rockdale(4-3) -- Nope
Llano (2-4) -- Nope

Which category would you put Brownwood in? Nope, decent, or other.

Turin
10-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Big question this week: Does Burnet root for LH this week so they can attempt to get in a three way race for the district championship or is their disgust for purple too much to overcome? ;)

panfan
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM

Giddings (2-3) -- Decent
Hondo (3-3) -- Nope
Smithville (0-6) -- Nope
Rockdale(4-3) -- Nope
Llano (2-4) -- Nope

Rockdale was is tougher than people give then credit for. Lots of speed, several D1 commits on the line and in the backfield. QB could chunk it and they had some speed at the receiving end. Just had trouble hooking up. So count Rockdale as decent to solid. Llano had some talent as well, again QB could chunk it and did so often, as well as run it. Hondo was giving us a game until the QB left with an injury. Have we played the likes of the predistrict schedule that the wood has? Short answer is no. Brownwood will be our biggest test to date, but don't think we haven't been tested. Holly has a bit of that Stephenville cocky going on. Bwood aint stephenville.

panfan
10-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Let me have the Barney's by a field goal . This game will be the first real test of the season for the Panthers . And no Wimperly is not up to their usual standards , so dont be trying to tell me about that win panfan !

Aint's gonna try too!

panfan
10-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Big question this week: Does Burnet root for LH this week so they can attempt to get in a three way race for the district championship or is their disgust for purple too much to overcome? ;)
Well they should put their purple people hater away and hope like hell we defeat B-wood and that a few other teams do the same, otherwise, Burnet will be the likely Runner up in Division 1 and face Stephenville in all likelihood and we know what happened last year. But then again, Burnet is better than they were last year.

hollywood
10-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Rockdale was is tougher than people give then credit for. Lots of speed, several D1 commits on the line and in the backfield. QB could chunk it and they had some speed at the receiving end. Just had trouble hooking up. So count Rockdale as decent to solid. Llano had some talent as well, again QB could chunk it and did so often, as well as run it. Hondo was giving us a game until the QB left with an injury. Have we played the likes of the predistrict schedule that the wood has? Short answer is no. Brownwood will be our biggest test to date, but don't think we haven't been tested. Holly has a bit of that Stephenville cocky going on. Bwood aint stephenville.

Lol... I hear ya man. I just wanted to get the record straight that Brownwood had a rough start not only due to strength of schedule, but they were without several key players. Different ball game now. Brownwood can pass the ball. The freshman receiver is real good. Should be a great game.

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2013, 07:25 PM

Giddings (2-3) -- Decent
Hondo (3-3) -- Nope
Smithville (0-6) -- Nope
Rockdale(4-3) -- Nope
Llano (2-4) -- Nope

I'd say that our competition is at least comparable to Brownwood. At least we didn't have to play a private school. ;)

hollywood
10-14-2013, 07:56 PM
I'd say that our competition is at least comparable to Brownwood. At least we didn't have to play a private school. ;)

Brownwood's opponents
All Saints Jr College (7-0) -- Juggernaut
Graham (7-0) -- AP #4 very good 3A
Snyder (2-4) -- Decent
A. Wylie (4-2) -- Solid
Sweetwater (2-4) -- Meh
Burnet (4-2) -- Solid

Liberty Hills comparable to that? I don't think so Jack! Lol

Bosqueville
10-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Brownwood's opponents
Snyder (2-4) -- Decent
A. Wylie (4-2) -- Solid
Sweetwater (2-4) -- Meh
Burnet (4-2) -- Solid

I concur!

panfan
10-15-2013, 06:55 AM
:stirpot:
Brownwood's opponents
Snyder (2-4) -- Decent
A. Wylie (4-2) -- Solid
Sweetwater (2-4) -- Meh
Burnet (4-2) -- Solid

I can see why you like to use Hollywood as your nickname - got a flair for the overly dramatic:D.
Jr college my arse, just another private school that recruits like all the rest of them do. Clearly some "student athletes" can't afford to go - but get "scholarships". The rest of us poor schlubs get the public school treatment - makes us more well rounded individuals.:nerd:

None the less - I said it early on - Bwood plays a tough predistrict schedule. This will be a close game anyway you look at it. Bwood is not as good as they were last year and we are better than we were last year. So put that in your peace pipe and smoke it Jack - or in this case Holly:evillol:

panfan
10-15-2013, 06:57 AM
I concur!

Go play in another sandbox! :D. JK bosky, jk.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 07:02 AM

I can see why you like to use Hollywood as your nickname - got a flair for the overly dramatic:D.
Jr college my arse, just another private school that recruits like all the rest of them do. Clearly some "student athletes" can't afford to go - but get "scholarships". The rest of us poor schlubs get the public school treatment - makes us more well rounded individuals.:nerd:

None the less - I said it early on - Bwood plays a tough predistrict schedule. This will be a close game anyway you look at it. Bwood is not as good as they were last year and we are better than we were last year. So put that in your peace pipe and smoke it Jack - or in this case Holly:evillol:

Haha, you liked that huh? Well you know as well as I do that todays All Saints is not the same calibar of All Saints 3 years ago. Like you said, they recruit now and recruit well. They got a few kids to transfer from Aledo. Imagine what Aledo would be if they had those kids! :eek: They too are a juggernaut this season. I don't see anyone beating them this season. Period.

Bottom line is Brownwood's schedule has been tough, whether that translates into preparing them enough to beat the Hill, or more importantly to win the district championship, is to be determined. :stirpot:

:wave:

panfan
10-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Haha, you liked that huh? Well you know as well as I do that todays All Saints is not the same calibar of All Saints 3 years ago. Like you said, they recruit now and recruit well. They got a few kids to transfer from Aledo. Imagine what Aledo would be if they had those kids! :eek: They too are a juggernaut this season. I don't see anyone beating them this season. Period.

Bottom line is Brownwood's schedule has been tough, whether that translates into preparing them enough to beat the Hill, or more importantly to win the district championship, is to be determined. :stirpot:

:wave:
The real bottom line is - two teams will meet friday night, play a tough game, one will go home the victor and one the loser. The outcome dependent on how those two teams, during the defined timed period called "the game" line up, execute offensive and defensive plays, manage clock, and take advantage of their opponents weaknesses.
AND...... Since you and me are the only two cussing and discussin this game, I guess I'm committed to not letting you have the last word!:D

panfan
10-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Bwood folks pulling another duck and cover manuever like last week. Shows me a lack of confidence in their team's abilities! Yup - I'm stirring the pot and don't need no little smiley face thing to show it - saying (technically typing) it in BLACK and WHITE (well black letters on a white page, i digress) .... ok now I'll use the smiley face thingy:tongue::stirpot:
Must be the coffee this morning is extra strong and my liquid courage is high.

greendawg84
10-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Hell yes we do , go Barney's ! Put everyting on the line so you will be wore out for next weeks game ! :evilgrin:

panfan
10-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Hell yes we do , go Barney's ! Put everyting on the line so you will be wore out for next weeks game ! :evilgrin:

We'll take any and all support - despite the underlying motivation. We won't be wore out, but a W for us against the team ya'll lost too - would be a bit demoralzing to the bull dawg troops.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 08:20 AM
We'll take any and all support - despite the underlying motivation. We won't be wore out, but a W for us against the team ya'll lost too - would be a bit demoralzing to the bull dawg troops.

They just don't want to face Stephenville in the first round! I'd be pulling for LH too if I were them. :wave:

panfan
10-15-2013, 08:26 AM
They just don't want to face Stephenville in the first round! I'd be pulling for LH too if I were them. :wave:

yea we understand where g-dawg is coming from, that's OK.

BwdLion73
10-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Bwood folks pulling another duck and cover manuever like last week. Shows me a lack of confidence in their team's abilities! Yup - I'm stirring the pot and don't need no little smiley face thing to show it - saying (technically typing) it in BLACK and WHITE (well black letters on a white page, i digress) .... ok now I'll use the smiley face thingy:tongue::stirpot:
Must be the coffee this morning is extra strong and my liquid courage is high.

:hand::tisk:

panfan
10-15-2013, 09:37 AM
:hand::tisk:

not falling for it eh? Damn.....

buff4ever
10-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Liberty Hill wins this game, they keep it moving in the same direction.

greendawg84
10-15-2013, 01:29 PM

Ding , Ding , Ding , We have a winner ! I didnt know you were a mind reader also Holly. Dang , the things that you find out about a fella in time.

Tin Cup
10-15-2013, 07:49 PM
The Rocket Theory proved true about Liberty Hill...

Yup I said it

panfan
10-15-2013, 08:01 PM
The Rocket Theory proved true about Liberty Hill...

Yup I said it

I'm familiar with Rocket, but his theory? Theory of relativity. Theory of I think therefor I am? Please do tell.

panfan
10-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Shenanigans going on in the Hill. All the players football signs stolen from the school. G-dawg, we know you got em, best put em back before we come hunt you down. Seriously, they weren't cheap, and its likely a local kid prank, but each of the parents shelled out some money for the signs, so would be nice if they were just returned. That is all.

Tin Cup
10-15-2013, 08:07 PM
His theory that LH had a couple good classes in a row and would be average at best after. Was that LH or every other team not named Brownwood?!? Gotta miss ol Rocket

panfan
10-15-2013, 08:11 PM
His theory that LH had a couple good classes in a row and would be average at best after. Was that LH or every other team not named Brownwood?!? Gotta miss ol Rocket

Ahhh, the theory of BWood is good, and no one else is. Yes I recall his spouting off on something of the sort, up until that fateful day, then he was never heard from again. Kinda sounds like a fairy tale.

Ok Tincup - down to bidness - how come the wood isn't posting any of its info to Maxpreps or Press box services. What is the downlow, the skinny, the whos who on the Bwood team. Inquiring minds want to know!

Tin Cup
10-15-2013, 08:23 PM
I live in Houston and I'm not even close to in the know and I haven't seen us in person this year. We are young and rapidly improving and will be really good the next few years. This year we will be one of those playoff teams I wouldn't want to face in the first round because we will be better than our record might suggest. By that time I think our kids will have it figured out. We have struggled on D and it's mostly been blown assignments/tackles and not lack of talent/effort. We have a freshman that I can't wait to watch in person and a few other really good players.

I think LH will be a tough matchup for us and wish we could have about 3 more games before this one just to get a little more experience.

Brownwood 28
Liberty Hill 27

BEAST
10-15-2013, 09:55 PM

Wrong! The Wood is better than last year, the boys are just now starting to get it together. The Barneys slop t offense hasnt notched a victory against us since 2008. Since then Coach Howard has been here and we have shut down yalls O fairly easily.

BEAST

panfan
10-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Wrong! The Wood is better than last year, the boys are just now starting to get it together. The Barneys slop t offense hasnt notched a victory against us since 2008. Since then Coach Howard has been here and we have shut down yalls O fairly easily.
BEAST

Beast - you've surfaced! Damn, that's more verbiage than I think I ever seen out of you. Tell us how you really feel. We haven't played every year since 2008 so not sure how relevant that is, and you know those kinds of trends never last. :taunt: Could just be that this is the year for the Barney slop T to lay the wood to the wood in the wood. :evillol:

panfan
10-16-2013, 06:54 AM
I live in Houston and I'm not even close to in the know and I haven't seen us in person this year. We are young and rapidly improving and will be really good the next few years. This year we will be one of those playoff teams I wouldn't want to face in the first round because we will be better than our record might suggest. By that time I think our kids will have it figured out. We have struggled on D and it's mostly been blown assignments/tackles and not lack of talent/effort. We have a freshman that I can't wait to watch in person and a few other really good players.

I think LH will be a tough matchup for us and wish we could have about 3 more games before this one just to get a little more experience.

Brownwood 28
Liberty Hill 27

Agree - it will be a tough matchup and a close game - but you have a typo there at the end:

Wood - 27
Hill - 28

You can thank me later for the correction.

greendawg84
10-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Shenanigans going on in the Hill. All the players football signs stolen from the school. G-dawg, we know you got em, best put em back before we come hunt you down. Seriously, they weren't cheap, and its likely a local kid prank, but each of the parents shelled out some money for the signs, so would be nice if they were just returned. That is all.

Not me dude , first I have heard of it and my Boss has 3 kids that go there . Must have been CAM ??? I sure as hell dont want no Barney purple in my garage !

LHPfactory
10-16-2013, 08:47 AM

BEAST

Beast, how are the Bwood 7th Maroon and Freshmen looking this year?

greendawg84
10-16-2013, 09:12 AM

Dont know about the 7th but did watch the 8th grade play last Thursday . They are good , beat our 8 th like 27 - 6 . DB's better be on their A game or they will eat you up .

panfan
10-16-2013, 09:32 AM

More importantly factory, how are the LH fish looking this year????

panfan
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Not me dude , first I have heard of it and my Boss has 3 kids that go there . Must have been CAM ??? I sure as hell dont want no Barney purple in my garage !

Gdawg - come on now - you know this is just a front you put up - hatin' on the Purple and gold, and deep down you want that Purple, you need that purple, and yes you got a secret purple sweater you pull out in the winter that you can throw on the big ol' green camo coat over and no one is the wiser.

BEAST
10-16-2013, 09:40 AM

7th Maroon is really getting it together now. Beat Burnet something like 40-14. They can run it or throw it. So far the D has been pretty dang good against either the run or the throw. The 9th grade A team lost the first game they ever lost (since 7th graders) last week at Burnet. Of course, Conner Howard the freshman WR of varsity would help this bunch big time. Also, last week I know they had 2 or 3 other really good playmakers on the sideline nursing some injuries. I dont know if they'll be back this week or not.

BEAST

LHPfactory
10-16-2013, 09:44 AM
More importantly factory, how are the LH fish looking this year????

LH Fish are dang good, they are 5-1 loosing only a close one to Killeen early on.

greendawg84
10-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Gdawg - come on now - you know this is just a front you put up - hatin' on the Purple and gold, and deep down you want that Purple, you need that purple, and yes you got a secret purple sweater you pull out in the winter that you can throw on the big ol' green camo coat over and no one is the wiser.

I must confess : I do have a Barney in the house , 5th grader . ( He has Dyslexia and LH has a much better program for him ) But lets not let that get outta hand , still have a Soph playing for the Dawgs JV , and thats where my heart will always be . Youngest does not play right now thank goodness . Not sure how I would handle sitting on the Barney side . :tisk:

LHPfactory
10-16-2013, 11:46 AM
I must confess : I do have a Barney in the house , 5th grader . ( He has Dyslexia and LH has a much better program for him ) But lets not let that get outta hand , still have a Soph playing for the Dawgs JV , and thats where my heart will always be . Youngest does not play right now thank goodness . Not sure how I would handle sitting on the Barney side . :tisk:

LH has a better program in everything Green, you coulda just said LH is better......

PurpleDawg. :)

BullDawgDad
10-16-2013, 12:21 PM

Personally I believe if not for the 2 KO's returned for TD's and Burnet's mid-play of a pooch kick it would have been a totally different ball game. 21 points right there alone. Burnet held Brownwood to a grand total of 200 yards offense. Burnet had close to 400 yards offense.

hollywood
10-16-2013, 12:33 PM
LH has a better program in everything Green, you coulda just said LH is better......

Liberty Hills new High School... WOW! A very close friend of mine is responsible for the architectural work of magnificence.

http://lhisd.huckabee-inc.com/resources/July%202013%20web.pdf

BEAST
10-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Personally I believe if not for the 2 KO's returned for TD's and Burnet's mid-play of a pooch kick it would have been a totally different ball game. 21 points right there alone. Burnet held Brownwood to a grand total of 200 yards offense. Burnet had close to 400 yards offense.

I understand what you are saying but that is why there are 3 phases to the game. If teams are somewhat equal, that 3rd phase becomes huge.

BEAST

BwdLion73
10-16-2013, 01:47 PM

Ya think? :spitlol:

greendawg84
10-16-2013, 01:52 PM

When the hell did you come out from under your rock Factory ?? All them boyz keeping you busy ?

No way dude , PurpleDawg 84 just dont have the right sound to it .

greendawg84
10-16-2013, 01:53 PM
I understand what you are saying but that is why there are 3 phases to the game. If teams are somewhat equal, that 3rd phase becomes huge.

BEAST

Exactly , should , could , would , The wood has the W and the Dawgs get the L .

Deuce
10-16-2013, 01:57 PM

BEAST

And if you don't believe Beast, ask Jason Garrett. He will tell you about 3 phases over and over and over again!

LHPfactory
10-16-2013, 02:01 PM
When the hell did you come out from under your rock Factory ?? All them boyz keeping you busy ?

No way dude , PurpleDawg 84 just dont have the right sound to it .

Really busy. I don't get much time to post lately. Work , 2 in school ball, 2 in youth and running Youth league is keeping me real busy.

greendawg84
10-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Really busy. I don't get much time to post lately. Work , 2 in school ball, 2 in youth and running Youth league is keeping me real busy.

And trips to the HEB !

panfan
10-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Since then Coach Howard has been here and we have shut down yalls O fairly easily. BEAST

The beauty of Hudl. Went back and watched last year's game. You don't recall that going into the fourth quarter it was 19-18 do you? Just prior to the end of the 3rd quarter a bonehead snapped it over the punters head for a safety (I can say that cause he's my bonehead!). The wood gets credit in the 4th quarter for a momentum swing, not a shut down. Anyway, in the end all that matters is the Lions walked away with a victory and panthers a loss. I expect ths year's game to be equally close and likely being decided by who has the ball last. Now that we got some cooler weather finally here, who's ready for some Football???

panfan
10-17-2013, 06:56 AM
And trips to the HEB !

I know ours is a couple hundred a week - factory must have a line of credit with HEB to feed that herd. My teenage boy eats what both girls do, so essentially feeding four kids!!

panfan
10-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Just another year or so and he will be playing and all that green will go to waste. By then, mine will be done - and hopefully off playing college ball somewhere. I'll borrow you my purple stuff - and save you the pain of having to buy it all. Its all 2XL hope it fits!!!:doh:

panfan
10-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Hey LH panther Mom - went down to SA this weekend to hunt. Nephew Quinton was there. Been a while since I have seen him. Boy has thickened up and is LARGE. He said your boy was one tough hombre!!!! He has to go against him all the time during practice. Hope the cardinals are doing well. My sister said those Lousianna teams are tough to play. Where do ya'll play this coming week?

greendawg84
10-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Just another year or so and he will be playing and all that green will go to waste. By then, mine will be done - and hopefully off playing college ball somewhere. I'll borrow you my purple stuff - and save you the pain of having to buy it all. Its all 2XL hope it fits!!!:doh:

Just my size ! As long as I can store it at your place and just use it on game nights it a deal . Cant stand the thought of having purple in my closet ! Maybe you boy will end up at North Texas , then we can swap .

panfan
10-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Just my size ! As long as I can store it at your place and just use it on game nights it a deal . Cant stand the thought of having purple in my closet ! Maybe you boy will end up at North Texas , then we can swap .

My second alma mata. Go Mean Green (NTSU) or as it is now called UNT. Good school, when I was there, not so good football. Is or has it gotten better??

hollywood
10-17-2013, 09:12 AM
The beauty of Hudl. Went back and watched last year's game. You don't recall that going into the fourth quarter it was 19-18 do you? Just prior to the end of the 3rd quarter a bonehead snapped it over the punters head for a safety (I can say that cause he's my bonehead!). The wood gets credit in the 4th quarter for a momentum swing, not a shut down. Anyway, in the end all that matters is the Lions walked away with a victory and panthers a loss. I expect ths year's game to be equally close and likely being decided by who has the ball last. Now that we got some cooler weather finally here, who's ready for some Football???

panfan, this weather is amazing! Liberty Hill has nothing to lose. Y'all will draw Glen Rose or Venus first round. Being nice, both a struggling. They just aren't that good.

BEAST
10-17-2013, 09:56 AM

I think you helped me make my point. Yall only had 18 at the end of 3. Typically yalls O will have many more points than that correct? See my point?

BEAST

Turin
10-17-2013, 10:00 AM
I think you helped me make my point. Yall only had 18 at the end of 3. Typically yalls O will have many more points than that correct? See my point?

BEAST

Your defense was one of the best (if not the best) we faced last year. How would you compare this year's defense?

panfan
10-17-2013, 10:00 AM
BEAST
I see where you are going - but I will only concede to slow down, not shut down. To me, it showed how evenly matched the teams were. Well, at least until the wheels fell off in the 4th quarter. LOL

BwdLion73
10-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Your defense was one of the best (if not the best) we faced last year. How would you compare this year's defense?

Thats kind of hard to answer. Last years defense had not played with that intensity until the Liberty Hill game. People were wondering where they came from. I still cant believe they held that intensity for 4 quarters. I think most Brownwood fans attended that game expecting to see a juggernaut running attack.

This years defense has some similaritys. To me they have shown an improvement each game however every once in a while they seem to get that "oh look a puppy" and let something go. I like um'.

Friday night ... mid to upper 40's with a 40% chance of showers. Light wind 5 to 10 out of the southeast. Come on over.:)

Turin
10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Thats kind of hard to answer. Last years defense had not played with that intensity until the Liberty Hill game. People were wondering where they came from. I still cant believe they held that intensity for 4 quarters. I think most Brownwood fans attended that game expecting to see a juggernaut running attack.

This years defense has some similaritys. To me they have shown an improvement each game however every once in a while they seem to get that "oh look a puppy" and let something go. I like um'.

Friday night ... mid to upper 40's with a 40% chance of showers. Light wind 5 to 10 out of the southeast. Come on over.:)

Looking forward to the trip and a little real football weather. Now I just need to decide where to eat on the way up.

hollywood
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Looking forward to the trip and a little real football weather. Now I just need to decide where to eat on the way up.

There's a place in Lampasas a block of of 281 downtown that is real good. Home cooking southern food. Can't remember the name. It's in an old building downtown. We stumbled upon it one weekend passing through.

Bosqueville
10-17-2013, 03:31 PM

If you get to Bwd early enough, I would tell you to eat at The Runaway Train Cafe. It's maybe a mile away from the stadium. It's actually in an old Amtrack train car. Great food at great prices! http://www.runawaytraincafe.com/

BEAST
10-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey tell the 7th grade Barney's to take it easy on us please. Haha. My son is #2 on the A team. I'm not there. Good luck to both clubs.

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Hey LH panther Mom - went down to SA this weekend to hunt. Nephew Quinton was there. Been a while since I have seen him. Boy has thickened up and is LARGE. He said your boy was one tough hombre!!!! He has to go against him all the time during practice. Hope the cardinals are doing well. My sister said those Lousianna teams are tough to play. Where do ya'll play this coming week?
Poor Quinton lol! ;) We're headed to Abilene to play ACU @ Shotwell. Louisiana team was tough - even worse was their goofball student section. :doh: I don't know if we'll win but I know we've played as tough of competition 3 of the 6 games as we ever got in the LSC, so we're ready.

LHPfactory
10-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Hey tell the 7th grade Barney's to take it easy on us please. Haha. My son is #2 on the A team. I'm not there. Good luck to both clubs.

BEAST

We got ya beast, hell of a game, barn burner and was likely for the DC.... LH 34-24, Bwood has a great bunch of 7th graders, played hard and good sports, from the playbyplay I got.

Im not there either, work took me out of town, I was on phone entire time, It killed me to not watch, Ive been at everyone of these boys games since Kindergarten.

Way to roll LH 7th A team, 5-0.....

LH 9th was up 22-0 over Bwood, per last update.... Mine is #12....

panfan
10-17-2013, 08:10 PM
We got ya beast, hell of a game, barn burner and was likely for the DC.... LH 34-24, Bwood has a great bunch of 7th graders, played hard and good sports, from the playbyplay I got.

Im not there either, work took me out of town, I was on phone entire time, It killed me to not watch, Ive been at everyone of these boys games since Kindergarten.

Cool!

LHPfactory
10-17-2013, 08:55 PM
LH Frosh 38-8 over Brownwood... 6-1, time for a good one next week over in Dawgville.

BEAST
10-17-2013, 08:56 PM

Killed me not to be there as well. I have coached this bunch since they were 4 in both soccer and football. My son had a big game with 2 long TD runs, and a Kickoff return for a TD. I understand he caught a TD pass that got called back. Either way it must've been a good one. I heard yall had one man of a running back. I quite sure that game decided the DC. Congrats and good luck.

BEAST

BEAST
10-17-2013, 08:57 PM
LH Frosh 38-8 over Brownwood... 6-1, time for a good one next week over in Dawgville.

Only the 2nd game that group has ever lost. Of course missing the freshman Howard to the varsity is a big set back but I know last week and this week we were missing some key players. This 9th grade group will be just fine. Our 8th grade bunch won 22-0.

BEAST

Rocket
10-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Brownwood 38
Liberty Hill 21

LH squeaks out 21 points in the last 2 minutes of the game because the Brownwood coaches and players head to the locker room with 3 minutes left on the clock.

panfan
10-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Brownwood 38
Liberty Hill 21

LH squeaks out 21 points in the last 2 minutes of the game because the Brownwood coaches and players head to the locker room with 3 minutes left on the clock.

Look what the cat dragged in!:doh: Whose ready for some football???

panfan
10-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Only the 2nd game that group has ever lost. Of course missing the freshman Howard to the varsity is a big set back but I know last week and this week we were missing some key players. This 9th grade group will be just fine. Our 8th grade bunch won 22-0.BEAST
Congrats to BWood 8th on the win!

panfan
10-18-2013, 07:46 AM

Congrats to LH JV, fish, and 7thA&B, and 8thB on wins or ties!

panfan
10-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Two lions were sitting outside a clinic. One of them was crying like hell. So the other asked, “Why are you crying?” The first one replied, “I came here for a blood test” Second one asked, “So, are you afraid?” First one replied, “No, not that. During the blood test they cut my finger.” Hearing this, the second lion started crying. The first one was astonished and asked the other, “Why are you crying?” The other replied, “I have come for my urine test.”

hollywood
10-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Two lions were sitting outside a clinic. One of them was crying like hell. So the other asked, “Why are you crying?” The first one replied, “I came here for a blood test” Second one asked, “So, are you afraid?” First one replied, “No, not that. During the blood test they cut my finger.” Hearing this, the second lion started crying. The first one was astonished and asked the other, “Why are you crying?” The other replied, “I have come for my urine test.”

That was weak! Pull your panties up panfan!! Good grief.

hollywood
10-18-2013, 08:33 AM
If that's all LH will bring to tonight, it's going to be another long night for the Pant-hers.

:D

panfan
10-18-2013, 08:49 AM
If that's all LH will bring to tonight, it's going to be another long night for the Pant-hers. :D
You know how hard it is to find Lion jokes on the internet?

What about that cat dragged in thing for Rocket? Huh Huh? Gotta admit that was good. :D

Anyway - Don't need no smack - confidence is high in LH.

hollywood
10-18-2013, 09:32 AM

What about that cat dragged in thing for Rocket? Huh Huh? Gotta admit that was good. :D

Who is Rocket? :vrycnfsd:

LHPfactory
10-18-2013, 09:34 AM

I got one:

LH is going to leave Brownwood beat down and LION on the turf........ :)

BwdLion73
10-18-2013, 09:52 AM
I got one:

LH is going to leave Brownwood beat down and LION on the turf........ :)

Good Grief...:ack!: Just remember LHP and panfan are working for tips and tips only...can we have a hell yeah?
/

panfan
10-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Good Grief...:ack!: Just remember LHP and panfan are working for tips and tips only...can we have a hell yeah?
/

Thank you - we'll be here all day.

greendawg84
10-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Thank you - we'll be here all day.

Thanks for the warning !

BwdLion73
10-18-2013, 06:22 PM
For any of our Liberty Hill posters who have friends or family coming to the game...the Cold front that was supposed to come in around 11 or 12 midnight is ahead of schedule. Looks like a wind shift to the North during the game. Winds at Bwd. near 0. Abilene is reporting showers and gust to 30!

Wish I was selling umbrelles. :D

bobcat1
10-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Who is Rocket? :vrycnfsd:

Junior High Head Coach?

BwdLion73
10-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Congrats Liberty Hill ...good game and win...dang it...

hollywood
10-18-2013, 11:52 PM
What happened in this one?

panfan
10-19-2013, 01:07 AM
Congrats Liberty Hill ...good game and win...dang it...

Tough hard hitting game all the way around. Solid win for the panthers,against a solid Lions team.

LHexPlayer
10-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Damn, I missed a good one. Thread and game. Great job Panthers! Now take care of Burnet.

Turin
10-19-2013, 10:06 PM

You finally got the field goal you have been calling for, just not for the win. :)