PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales (0-1) @ Giddings (0-1)

pacdaddy
10-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Let's post what we think about this game folks. Every game is now going to be very important.

Go Apaches!

pacdaddy
10-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Buff, where are you with your predictions on this one? I got to know.:thinking:

Pudlugger
10-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Gonzales will bounce back from their loss to Lg with a solid performance and win in Giddings. The Apache offense has some good speed and athletes and should dominate the line of scrimmage. Barring turnovers they should put up good points and their stout defense will get enough stops to seal the deal. Apaches by 14.

Blue42
10-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Just as I quoted in the LG game Gonzo is suspect and will lose by more than most think and all will be surprised the same will happen in this game.

buff4ever
10-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Giddings has been playing some pretty solid defense, and the offense is figuring out how to take care of business. Sounding a little Pudlike, as long as the Giddings boys keep at it like they have so far, they will win this game. It is district 26 and anything can happen any week, but I think that on our turf, this game will go our way.

Pudlugger
10-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Giddings has been playing some pretty solid defense, and the offense is figuring out how to take care of business. Sounding a little Pudlike, as long as the Giddings boys keep at it like they have so far, they will win this game. It is district 26 and anything can happen any week, but I think that on our turf, this game will go our way.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic and positive about your team buff. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.:D

buff4ever
10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Nothing wrong with being optimistic and positive about your team buff. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.:D

Funny, real funny. I like you more and more as I get use to you Pud. You are just a little softer than I.

Blue42
10-14-2013, 10:28 AM
I would not be surprised if the Buffs win by 3 TD'S

pacdaddy
10-14-2013, 04:09 PM

Blue42, Do you think just because yall be Giddings by 4 pts. That we are going to loss by 3tds? Man you really got it in for us don't you? That is ok, because we are going to show you and the rest of D26 what the apaches are made of.:flaming: Cuero got there way with us last year, but it is a different year. And by no means don't think yall will even compare to LG, because yall don't. They will do the same to yall like they did to us. They will be unstoppable in D26.

As a matter of fact what makes you think yall are even going to get past Yoakum, and if yall do good but yall wont against us we are going to make sure of that. Payback is a you know what.:evilgrin: If I am wrong I will eat some crow, but It does not matter especially what I say to you, because it seems to me that you have in for us. And that is cool it is your little opinion.

pacdaddy
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Waiting a response to my bold statement!!:flaming:

Blue42
10-14-2013, 04:59 PM
I love giving Gonzo a hard time someone has to keep this rivalry going nothing personnel but Go Mean Green will haunt you .
I think it has already.

pacdaddy
10-14-2013, 05:08 PM
I love giving Gonzo a hard time someone has to keep this rivalry going nothing personnel but Go Mean Green will haunt you .
I think it has already.

Don't never take me serious. It is all in fun

Blue42
10-14-2013, 05:15 PM
This is going to be a fun year.

pacdaddy
10-14-2013, 05:18 PM

Yes sir it is.

Pudlugger
10-14-2013, 05:55 PM

Yes, it's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out. :D

Blue42
10-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Pud didn't take you for a poker

hookandladder
10-14-2013, 07:37 PM

I would be very surprised if this happens, Gonzales running game will be very hard for Giddings to stop.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Pud didn't take you for a poker

Just sayin' it happens.:)

speedbump
10-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Giddings by 10 or more.

hookandladder
10-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Giddings by 10 or more.

So you are that unimpressed with Gonzales and that impressed with Giddings, what has Giddings done this year that makes you feel they are that good. Is it because they played Bellville close, just curious.

Blue42
10-15-2013, 09:00 AM
They did give the Hill its only loss and play some good teams close. They are small in size but they played hard, you may be speaking a different tune if the take down the mighty Leps.

Blue42
10-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Hay Doesn’t Giddings fire a cannon or something when the score a TD.
So will Gonzo Come And Take It.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Giddings by 10 or more.

I've seen EC play and Gonzales and right now Gonzales is the better team. If Giddings beats Gonzales by 10 then the Buffs would put up 21 or more on the Ricebirds.

gobbla4life
10-15-2013, 09:45 AM
I think this will be a good matchup , Gonzales has a good running attack and Goddings D looks really salty. Should be a good one , good luck to both , see ya in a couple weeks Gonzales!

gobbla4life
10-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Sorry meant Giddings D!!! Lol

buff4ever
10-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Poor hook.

gtownfan
10-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Hay Doesn’t Giddings fire a cannon or something when the score a TD.
So will Gonzo Come And Take It.

Now that rain has come, relieving the drought a little and seeing green grass, the fire works are back. That might be what your thinking of.

hookandladder
10-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Poor hook.

You darn right, where you been hiding.

speedbump
10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
So you are that unimpressed with Gonzales and that impressed with Giddings, what has Giddings done this year that makes you feel they are that good. Is it because they played Bellville close, just curious.

For the two years I've been following 3A region 4, Gonzales has been one of the most overrated both years. Don't know much at all about Giddings except they are playing Gonzales.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Two years isn't much to establish a trend. I don't think the Apaches are overrated this year. If anything the Leps are underrated. They played an extraordinary game Friday and if they continue more folks will get on the bandwagon. If Giddings doesn't make it in the cut you will in all likelihood get to see how good they are in round 1 D1.

speedbump
10-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes, it's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out. :D

Teams that are as good as Gonzales was suppose to be,don't miss the playoffs one year and lose 48-19 in their first real test the next. They remind me of the 3A version of Port Lavaca. If the buses go south or west when they leave town they struggle in their wins or get beat. Usually the latter.

hookandladder
10-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Teams that are as good as Gonzales was suppose to be,don't miss the playoffs one year and lose 48-19 in their first real test the next. They remind me of the 3A version of Port Lavaca. If the buses go south or west when they leave town they struggle in their wins or get beat. Usually the latter.

So what about Bellville losing to a Columbus team that did not make the playoffs last year and is supposed to be a highly ranked team this year, what is your point .Not making much since there Speed and do not give me that crap about overlooking a team, That is a losers excuse.

pacdaddy
10-15-2013, 07:51 PM

You sure must envy us, or scared your team is going to have to face us, cause you sure have been on us pretty good. Which one is it?

Every team that is supposed to be good sometimes misses the playoffs. Things happen sometimes and cant be helped. You should know that or have you not been around football long enough?:tongue:

speedbump
10-15-2013, 08:53 PM
So what about Bellville losing to a Columbus team that did not make the playoffs last year and is supposed to be a highly ranked team this year, what is your point .Not making much since there Speed and do not give me that crap about overlooking a team, That is a losers excuse.

Talk about crap -What in that post has one single thing thing to do with Gonzales being overrated or not? .

speedbump
10-15-2013, 09:06 PM
You sure must envy us, or scared your team is going to have to face us, cause you sure have been on us pretty good. Which one is it?

Every team that is supposed to be good sometimes misses the playoffs. Things happen sometimes and cant be helped. You should know that or have you not been around football long enough?:tongue:

I'll let you try to give me a reason why I'd envy you. Scared to face you ?? Shoot we'll even get there early. Been around football since the 50s. That's probably long enough to know when a team has been overrated.

hookandladder
10-16-2013, 06:14 AM
I'll let you try to give me a reason why I'd envy you. Scared to face you ?? Shoot we'll even get there early. Been around football since the 50s. That's probably long enough to know when a team has been overrated.

I think we all know who has been overrated this year, you know.

Pudlugger
10-16-2013, 06:28 AM
:spitlol:

Thwap! That gonna leave a mark hook.:spitlol:

speedbump
10-16-2013, 07:07 AM

Of course you are referring to El Campo and yes they have been overrated. See how easy that was. I'm a Ricebird fan and can admit that. Strange how you can't,even though Gonzales is an opponent. But then again - yea, I do know why.

hookandladder
10-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Of course you are referring to El Campo and yes they have been overrated. See how easy that was. I'm a Ricebird fan and can admit that. Strange how you can't,even though Gonzales is an opponent. But then again - yea, I do know why.

So who are you saying is overrated, just to be clear.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 07:17 AM
So who are you saying is overrated, just to be clear.

What??????

hookandladder
10-16-2013, 07:31 AM

Read your comment and explain to me what you are saying, You admitt to be a to being a Ricebird fan and that they are overated this year , then you comment strange how you can't. Are you saying LG is overated , just trying to make some sense out of your comment. Also the comment about Gonzales is even more confusing, I guess I am missing something. Please fill me in.

buff4ever
10-16-2013, 03:21 PM
What he said is that giddings is going to win.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Read your comment and explain to me what you are saying, You admitt to be a to being a Ricebird fan and that they are overated this year , then you comment strange how you can't. Are you saying LG is overated , just trying to make some sense out of your comment. Also the comment about Gonzales is even more confusing, I guess I am missing something. Please fill me in.

I said " I'm a Ricebird fan and can admit that. Strange how you can't,even though Gonzales is an opponent." If you are bogging down on that you might want to work on your reading comprehension. When I said Gonzales was overrated it looked like this -Gonzales is overrated. If I said LG was overrated it would look like this - LG is overrated.

1stnurseryman
10-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Damn this fun.... come on Friday get here

hookandladder
10-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I said " I'm a Ricebird fan and can admit that. Strange how you can't,even though Gonzales is an opponent." If you are bogging down on that you might want to work on your reading comprehension. When I said Gonzales was overrated it looked like this -Gonzales is overrated. If I said LG was overrated it would look like this - LG is overrated.

So your saying Gonzales and EC are overated, you could have make it a little easier on us less knowledgeable old folks and just come out and say that the first time. You big city folks are just to damn smart for us country folks, very confusing but now we know. I must have missed when you said Gonzales is overrated, you pulled a fast one.

hookandladder
10-16-2013, 04:23 PM
For the two years I've been following 3A region 4, Gonzales has been one of the most overrated both years. Don't know much at all about Giddings except they are playing Gonzales.

Wow 2 years , that is impressive. Your EC team comes down to 3A and has a run and the next year you say they are overrated , do you see a pattern here. You guys were on the high horse last year and District is barely underway and you feel you are overrated already this year, an ex. 4A school cannot win District in back to back years. I would have thought you guys just reload, guess you guys belong in 3A competition.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 04:27 PM
So your saying Gonzales and EC are overated, you could have make it a little easier on us less knowledgeable old folks and just come out and say that the first time. You big city folks are just to damn smart for us country folks, very confusing but now we know. I must have missed when you said Gonzales is overrated, you pulled a fast one.

And you could have said El Campo in the first place instead Jr. high game of "we all know who is overrated". I can see I do need to make it easier for you (even though I'm from the country) I'll try to do better from now on. You haven't said whether or not you think Gonz. is overrated or not. Somehow you want to talk about everybody else. LOL

speedbump
10-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Wow 2 years , that is impressive. Your EC team comes down to 3A and has a run and the next year you say they are overrated , do you see a pattern here. You guys were on the high horse last year and District is barely underway and you feel you are overrated already this year, an ex. 4A school cannot win District in back to back years. I would have thought you guys just reload, guess you guys belong in 3A competition.

El Campo was overrated. Some of the so called experts had them as high as #8. They were overrating them , not me. And most Ricebird fans have said all along it would be a down year this year but I don't remember any saying we had no chance to win district. Where do you come up with this stuff?. Keep trying. Sooner or later you will get something right.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 05:05 PM
What he said is that giddings is going to win.

So what are my chances of being right?

hookandladder
10-16-2013, 06:28 PM
And you could have said El Campo in the first place instead Jr. high game of "we all know who is overrated". I can see I do need to make it easier for you (even though I'm from the country) I'll try to do better from now on. You haven't said whether or not you think Gonz. is overrated or not. Somehow you want to talk about everybody else. LOL

I never said Gonzales was overrated or underrated , so why the hell would I answer that question. Polls do not mean **** , it's not how you arrive , it's how you finish . There are a number of teams that are overrated but who really gives a rats ass , does not mean squatt. Just my Jr High opinion , which is worth about the same as yours.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 06:50 PM
I never said Gonzales was overrated or underrated , so why the hell would I answer that question..

That's why I'm asking,you've never said one way or the other. You peed in your pants when I said they were overrated and now you try to act as if you don't have an opinion. If you don't have an opinion don't concern yourself with mine.

Pudlugger
10-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Gonzales is not overrated. They are somewhere within the top 40- 50 3a teams. They have never been listed in the top 25 in any poll that I've seen. They are a playoff caliber team in most 3a districts and a district champion caliber team in some of the weaker 3a districts. They should beat Giddings unless they make too many turnovers and penalties. If they play up to their skill level they will win. Gonzales by 11. Of course this is just my opinion fwiw.

hookandladder
10-16-2013, 08:29 PM
That's why I'm asking,you've never said one way or the other. You peed in your pants when I said they were overrated and now you try to act as if you don't have an opinion. If you don't have an opinion don't concern yourself with mine.

Peed in your pants , that is old school for sure. I guess you are really that old, did not think people that age get's in pissing fists on message boards. I do not have an opinion if Gonzales is overrated or not, they have not been ranked very high as far as I know unlike your EC team. All I will say is Gonzales will compete well with most teams, overrated or not. If you really have been watching high school football since the 50's , I guess then you know what you are talking about so Gonzales must be overrated.

buff4ever
10-17-2013, 08:29 AM
So what are my chances of being right?

In my own humble opinion, I give you 70% odds of being right. In this district I think anything can happen though. In Giddings, our guys show up and play without the turnovers we experienced last week, you got good odds.

pacdaddy
10-17-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't think it matters at all who is overrated or underrated, all that matters is tomorrow is Friday and who ever show's up wanting to win the game will win. My opinion will be that if Gonzales comes out ready to go and not flat footed, we should be able to pull of the win. Now, I know Giddings has watched film all week and worked on plays, while aligning there defense to what we have to through at them, and I am sure we have done the same. So with that being said, it is just going to come down to who wants it the most. I know as a fan, I would like to see Gonzales do what they do and just play smash mouth football; running the ball down the opponents throat and seeing if the opponent can stop the run. If that works for us and Giddings cannot stop the run in this game, it will be a long night for Giddings. We will just have to see. Good luck to both teams on this most needed win.

Go Apaches!!!!

Pudlugger
10-18-2013, 06:48 AM
Good luck to the Apaches. I think Gonzales bounces back to get the win by 11.

1st and goal
10-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Good luck to the Apaches. I think Gonzales bounces back to get the win by 11.

Pud+Giddings = me + longharns

Just want to see them lose. I understand Pud, it was a long, long reign and now the Leps are on the topside of things....It will turn back around soon.

:)

YTBulldogs
10-18-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't think it matters at all who is overrated or underrated, all that matters is tomorrow is Friday and who ever show's up wanting to win the game will win. My opinion will be that if Gonzales comes out ready to go and not flat footed, we should be able to pull of the win. Now, I know Giddings has watched film all week and worked on plays, while aligning there defense to what we have to through at them, and I am sure we have done the same. So with that being said, it is just going to come down to who wants it the most. I know as a fan, I would like to see Gonzales do what they do and just play smash mouth football; running the ball down the opponents throat and seeing if the opponent can stop the run. If that works for us and Giddings cannot stop the run in this game, it will be a long night for Giddings. We will just have to see. Good luck to both teams on this most needed win.

Go Apaches!!!!

Concur, play smash mouth GZ. It's what you do best. Don't wanna be 0-2 in this district.

Pudlugger
10-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Pud+Giddings = me + longharns

Just want to see them lose. I understand Pud, it was a long, long reign and now the Leps are on the topside of things....It will turn back around soon.

:)

Yes you are correct it was a long stretch with Giddings on top of LG from 2003-2011. I just think Gonzales has a few more horses than the Buffs nothing personal. Next week when we meet up it will be like always, very intense and competitive.:)

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 09:18 AM
I see the first couple of offensive series determining this outcome, think most will know which team has the upper hand. I think the QB for Gonzales will have a huge game tonight , just do not see Giddings defense being able to contain him with that big OL leading the way. This is definitely a big game for Giddings , a loss tonight would put them in a huge hole as far as making the playoffs. Feel this will be a close game and could go either way, Gonzales by 10.

buff4ever
10-18-2013, 09:57 AM
I see the first couple of offensive series determining this outcome, think most will know which team has the upper hand. I think the QB for Gonzales will have a huge game tonight , just do not see Giddings defense being able to contain him with that big OL leading the way. This is definitely a big game for Giddings , a loss tonight would put them in a huge hole as far as making the playoffs. Feel this will be a close game and could go either way, Gonzales by 10.

Does a loss to Gonzales not put them in the same hole.

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Does a loss to Gonzales not put them in the same hole.

That depends on how you look at it, if Giddings loses tonight that to me puts them in a bigger hole. With you guys already losing to Cuero and a loss tonight that would mean you would need to win one at LG or Yoakum, no easy task and yes if Gonzales loses they are in a hole maybe just not as deep with their loss coming from LG but no worries like you said you guys will win tonight.

buff4ever
10-18-2013, 01:28 PM
you are so discredited on here when you make up words from other posters hook. where did I say we will win. I think I have said more than once I think we should. and follow that usually with anything can happen in this district.

my question I goes was if Gonzales lost they will be forced to win 2 of 3 as well with two of those opponents belong the same as the situation you wish to see Giddings in, and the other being a team that has already beat Giddings who would have beat yoakum in my wishful situation.

either way, it is obvious that both teams want and need to win tonight. it ist a have to win situation for either, however.

Pudlugger
10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
you are so discredited on here when you make up words from other posters hook. where did I say we will win. I think I have said more than once I think we should. and follow that usually with anything can happen in this district.

my question I goes was if Gonzales lost they will be forced to win 2 of 3 as well with two of those opponents belong the same as the situation you wish to see Giddings in, and the other being a team that has already beat Giddings who would have beat yoakum in my wishful situation.

either way, it is obvious that both teams want and need to win tonight. it ist a have to win situation for either, however.

Buff you should try to be more Pud-like that way hook wouldn't pick on you so much.:D

buff4ever
10-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Your right pud, but I think Pudlike or not, it has something to do with the fact I am from Giddings.

Sorry for all the errors in my post earlier. Posting from my phone without proof reading can be interesting. The auto correct and guessing is seldom on the same page as I am when I type on that phone.

Still appreciate the pudlike comment. That phrase has stuck for a couple years now, and I like it. It means something, if only to the two of us.

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 02:52 PM

I would say your comment of winning is about 70% is pretty close to saying you guys will win, I guess you meant say you are pretty sure you will win. Hey I hope you guys do win and Gonzales also get's in , that is just better for us. Buff , you got to learn to be able to take a little ribbing , lord knows you dished out plenty over the years. It goes with the territory, eating crow is good for everyone a time or two.

1st and goal
10-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Buff , you got to learn to be able to take a little ribbing , lord knows you dished out plenty over the years. It goes with the territory, eating crow is good for everyone a time or two.

Pot calling kettle black to the nth degree.

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 07:43 PM

Really

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 07:56 PM

How is the game going , score

fire_it_up
10-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Apaches win 12-7. Came down to the last few seconds. Apache defense got an interception in the end zone for the stop.

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 11:00 PM
A little surprise however playing at Giddings you have to ready to play, Congrats Apaches on solid win.

Pudlugger
10-19-2013, 12:06 AM
Congratulations to the Apaches. What's up with the PATs? Yall need a kicker LOL:D

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 01:19 AM
A little surprise however playing at Giddings you have to ready to play, Congrats Apaches on solid win.

Man Hook, I tell you the refs no mercy in Giddings. Had some big plays due to some what they thought was holding:doh: We run it down there throats for a big play and there goes the ref, holding call. Man we did not get any breaks there. I have to say Giddings defense played real solid tonight, and they have some pretty nice people in those parts. Thank you for the hospitality.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Congratulations to the Apaches. What's up with the PATs? Yall need a kicker LOL:D

To tell you the truth, I do not have a clue on what is going on with the kicking team. Man, I tell you we are going to really need them against Yoakum and Cuero that is for sure.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Nice bounce back win pacdaddy to your Apaches. 0-2 would be a nightmare situation in this district. Lot's of ball remaining though, and I assure you we are fully focused already for a trip up Hwy 183. Coach Lock seems to have our number, and game plans us very well. Dog's better be ready for a pounding up front for a full 48 minutes.

pacdaddy
10-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Nice bounce back win pacdaddy to your Apaches. 0-2 would be a nightmare situation in this district. Lot's of ball remaining though, and I assure you we are fully focused already for a trip up Hwy 183. Coach Lock seems to have our number, and game plans us very well. Dog's better be ready for a pounding up front for a full 48 minutes.

YT, It seems we have not had much to show for wining at the reservation this season. I believe we have only won one home game, but hopefully that changes this Friday. We too, are going to have to be very mentally prepared for this game. This game will be a big game for us to come back to life in our home town.