PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GoEl Campo (4-1, 1-1) at Wharton (7-0, 3-0) -Wharton County Colorado Battle

Scoop27
10-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Who wins the 100th plus River Battle?

YTBulldogs
10-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Wharton 30-13.

hookandladder
10-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Yep , this game is step up or shut up . At Wharton , so I have to go with the Tigers. 28-14

speedbump
10-12-2013, 01:51 PM
If this was a track meet, 7 on 7 or flag football,I'd have to go with Wharton. But, since it's real live honest to goodness tackle football,it will be a win for the Ricebirds. Wharton has put up big numbers against three of the weakest defenses in the state but haven't been able to manage more than three TDs against avg. to above avg. defenses. The Birds defense is well above avg. and they havent been held to less than three TDs since week one.

Ricebirds 27 - 17

Snotbubbles
10-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Fried Rice. Wharton too fast and at home, 34-14. Lot's of paybacks on the Tigers mind this entire week. I think they played a alot tougher schedule than EC too.

WhartonTigers
10-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Fried Rice. Wharton too fast and at home, 34-14. Lot's of paybacks on the Tigers mind this entire week. I think they played a alot tougher schedule than EC too.

Fried rice? lol I agree with you snot bubbles, if the rice birds don't rap up and hold on this will be a track meet all over again.....

speedbump
10-13-2013, 08:35 PM

A "lot tougher"? LOL

Manso/V8
10-13-2013, 09:05 PM

Playing at home is a distraction/disadvantage for Wharton.

Scoop27
10-13-2013, 10:23 PM
I have to agree Manso
Wharton has never played great at home with seems with distractions.
They are a better road team

hollywood
10-13-2013, 10:26 PM
El Campo

WhartonTigers
10-14-2013, 08:22 AM
TBH i dont remember the last time Wharton has lost on Homecoming night.. Do you Scoop?

Scoop27
10-14-2013, 08:43 AM
I covered serveral Wharton homecoming games but I can't remember any of them against El Campo.
Like the other poster said it could be a disadvantage for the Tigers tp play at home. But on the other hand, coach Tim Fin will have these guys prepared mentally and physically,
Here is the series between the two teams but there are some games missing., 2001-2003, 2005, 1913, 1915-1920. 1931

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1783&B=967&REC=21-63-4&S=

WhartonTigers
10-14-2013, 09:05 AM
This is definately the Region 4 week 7 GOTW

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM
This is definately the Region 4 week 7 GOTW

It is currently in the lead and likely GOTW. I can't believe Wharton put EC as HC week game :1omg!:

Snotbubbles
10-14-2013, 10:14 AM
I can't believe Wharton put EC as HC week game :1omg!:

Why? You usually pick a "sure-winner" weaker opponent for it don't ya? Guess you could of picked WC .

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Why? You usually pick a "sure-winner" weaker opponent for it don't ya? Guess you could of picked WC .

It is going to be emotional anyway. I just have a feeling EC will come in with a chip on their shoulder knowing they got picked/insulted for HC. I had the same feeling when Sealy did it to us when I played.

Snotbubbles
10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
It is going to be emotional anyway. I just have a feeling EC will come in with a chip on their shoulder knowing they got picked/insulted for HC. I had the same feeling when Sealy did it to us when I played.

I understand Bulldog00. Only problem, I don't think EC can do anything about it on the field against this deep, talented, fast Tiger team. EC picked on opponents for years, now---tables turned. Curious, was Wharton ever EC homecoming victim in the past?

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2013, 10:41 AM
I understand Bulldog00. Only problem, I don't think EC can do anything about it on the field against this deep, talented, fast Tiger team. EC picked on opponents for years, now---tables turned. Curious, was Wharton ever EC homecoming victim in the past?

Not sure but they may have been.

The Bull #40
10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
TBH i dont remember the last time Wharton has lost on Homecoming night.. Do you Scoop?

Who did Wharton play for HC in 2009? Just curious.

Weebe
10-14-2013, 01:00 PM

In what way is EC being "picked on"?

Somehow, I doubt they feel they are going to get rolled this week.

Even if they somehow are, I guess we can chalk it up to every team having a good year(or off year depending on your perspective) every 10-12 years.

WhartonTigers
10-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Who did Wharton play for HC in 2009? Just curious.

IDK i had jus graduated and was on the road with UMHB playing ball so i didnt keep up with it.

cards4me
10-14-2013, 01:38 PM
I am sure EC will play their normal type of game. I think they have gotten their bad game out of the way. Wharton did not play very well in the first 5 games . They have improved the last 2. Wharton will need to continue that trend this week. If they do I see Wharton winning this in a close one.

WhartonTigers
10-14-2013, 02:05 PM
I am sure EC will play their normal type of game. I think they have gotten their bad game out of the way. Wharton did not play very well in the first 5 games . They have improved the last 2. Wharton will need to continue that trend this week. If they do I see Wharton winning this in a close one.

It will only be close if Wharton lets up like against Columbus Friday night. I honestly don't think the Ricebirds have enough speed on their defense to keep up with the 3 headed monster in the back field for Wharton.

jason
10-14-2013, 02:07 PM
el campo 49
wharton 10

WhartonTigers
10-14-2013, 02:12 PM
el campo 49
wharton 10

WOW dont see this happening at all, only team in this district they will beat like that is Royal and Needville.

speedbump
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
It will only be close if Wharton lets up like against Columbus Friday night. I honestly don't think the Ricebirds have enough speed on their defense to keep up with the 3 headed monster in the back field for Wharton.

El Campo won 15 games last year and most of the teams they beat had more speed than they did including Wharton. And pleeeease, don't try that "let up " BS.

Scoop27
10-14-2013, 04:34 PM
This game may have the biggest crowd Especially for Wharton in a long time. I'm sure that there will be standing room only. Better get their early to get a seat

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Region IV GOTW

Beat out some good competition for this week.

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2013, 06:18 PM

maestro
10-14-2013, 07:32 PM

A pretty good assessment for post # 1.

maestro
10-14-2013, 07:36 PM

We did not make it past Monday without another " quality " post from WhartonTiger.

I'm going to shock you Tiger, I am pulling for the Tigers, but

Lighten up on the posts that indicate Wharton cannot be stopped.

Scroll up and read Cards4Me posting.

WhartonTigers
10-15-2013, 08:18 AM
El Campo won 15 games last year and most of the teams they beat had more speed than they did including Wharton. And pleeeease, don't try that "let up " BS.

That was last year, you dont have not one RB QB or Receiver back this year, so save that BS on you winning 15 games last year. because you have already been dealt a loss this year. DONT DWELL ON THE PAST, your state championship run is over. and TBH Grissom (#2 QB) played the game with a broken FIBULA last year or he wouldve beat you like stephenville did hands down. you scored 17 points last year, lets see if you can beat that against a bigger better defense this year.I hope your RB's hold on to the football dont give us 5 turnovers.

Weebe
10-15-2013, 09:17 AM
That was last year, you dont have not one RB QB or Receiver back this year, so save that BS on you winning 15 games last year. because you have already been dealt a loss this year. DONT DWELL ON THE PAST, your state championship run is over. and TBH Grissom (#2 QB) played the game with a broken FIBULA last year or he wouldve beat you like stephenville did hands down. you scored 17 points last year, lets see if you can beat that against a bigger better defense this year.I hope your RB's hold on to the football dont give us 5 turnovers.

You sound like an idiot. You better hope Wharton wins this one with all the **** you are talking.

Regardless, just remember 66-22-4 and 11 in a row.

Manso/V8
10-15-2013, 09:31 AM
I keep reading about this kid Grissom who plays with a broken FIBULA. Is Grissom still the QB or is this guy dwelling on last year? Is there another kid named TBH Grissom? I thought the kid with the broken FIBULA graduated and is playing D1 football but isn't on any roster. Did he skip college and go directly in to the pros, like Arena League or something? Do losses not count in Wharton if one of the players in the game is playing with an injury? How come no one ever talks about the players on the 2013 roster?

SHSBulldog00
10-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Can a Mod Sticky this as Reg 4 GOTW?

whitelightning5
10-15-2013, 01:12 PM
So WhartonTigers....if Columbus (with all that speed) can't keep up with your team, does any team in this district stand a chance? You do have some pretty tough games coming up in the next 2 weeks.

WhartonTigers
10-15-2013, 01:25 PM
I keep reading about this kid Grissom who plays with a broken FIBULA. Is Grissom still the QB or is this guy dwelling on last year? Is there another kid named TBH Grissom? I thought the kid with the broken FIBULA graduated and is playing D1 football but isn't on any roster. Did he skip college and go directly in to the pros, like Arena League or something? Do losses not count in Wharton if one of the players in the game is playing with an injury? How come no one ever talks about the players on the 2013 roster?
These guys from EC keeps talking about last year. ITS OVER yeah you made it but you got blew out in the state championship. this year is all that counts and so far this year WE ARE UNDEFEATED 7-0 CHUMP. so until we lose this year respect us... and Manso/V8 we will worry about your team next week. This week is all EC. Grissom graduated and is at Navarro this year. but you will meet the new roster this Friday night...#4 Toney Rogers Jr., #2 Dontre Elliot Soph. and #5 Leeshod Oneil... WHo does EC have except for BJ FLAGG????????

WhartonTigers
10-15-2013, 01:28 PM
So WhartonTigers....if Columbus (with all that speed) can't keep up with your team, does any team in this district stand a chance? You do have some pretty tough games coming up in the next 2 weeks.

IMO no we score to fast and our defense is cranking up at the right time...if they(EC, BELLVILLE) keep the ball out of our hands then it will be a close game. I pray no one gets injured on either team though. Havent seen a game yet where someone didnt get hurt yet...

maestro
10-15-2013, 01:35 PM

GOOD LORD DON'T encourage him!!!

Like I posted this summer and in August....

Whs has a senior class that is small but are showing great leadership. Above ave talent but biggest difference is their senior leadership.

Whs junior class is talented, hard working, MADE themselves better by working hard and believing.

Whs soph class is just crazy talented but still needs to mature.

And whs Frosh class, some made varsity, is extremely thin on numbers but with some direction, have really excelled.

Coach Finn has surrounded himself with a good offensive and defensive staff that has followed his game plans.

And....

Coach Gillis will not be out coached at El Campo.

Add this up and it will be the contest of the week.

So...please don't encourage WhartonTiger to post over emotional info.

Now, if Tiger can add some players names to my post as far as CURRENT roster, I welcome that....but the qb he referred to has graduated.

1stnurseryman
10-15-2013, 01:41 PM
IMO no we score to fast and our defense is cranking up at the right time...if they(EC, BELLVILLE) keep the ball out of our hands then it will be a close game. I pray no one gets injured on either team though. Havent seen a game yet where someone didnt get hurt yet...

How is the young man from Wharton doing? Hope all is going well for him..

WhartonTigers
10-15-2013, 01:47 PM
GOOD LORD DON'T encourage him!!!

Like I posted this summer and in August....

Whs has a senior class that is small but are showing great leadership. Above ave talent but biggest difference is their senior leadership.

Whs junior class is talented, hard working, MADE themselves better by working hard and believing.

Whs soph class is just crazy talented but still needs to mature.

And whs Frosh class, some made varsity, is extremely thin on numbers but with some direction, have really excelled.

Coach Finn has surrounded himself with a good offensive and defensive staff that has followed his game plans.

And....

Coach Gillis will not be out coached at El Campo.

Add this up and it will be the contest of the week.

So...please don't encourage WhartonTiger to post over emotional info.

Now, if Tiger can add some players names to my post as far as CURRENT roster, I welcome that....but the qb he referred to has graduated.

#4 Toney Rogers Jr., #2 Dontre Elliot,#34 Keemon Jones, #5 Leeshod Oneil, #24 Dontay Bell, #21 Ashton Branch, #73 Jaylon Haynes, #7 Devonte Durgan, #22 Taylor Skinner, #15 Keshawn Johnson, do i need to give more???? Just go look on youtube for yourself....

whitelightning5
10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Calm Down maestro!!! Sorry I didn't read your post from over the Summer....lol. I'm just trying to get a feel for how he thinks his team stacks up.

WhartonTigers
10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
How is the young man from Wharton doing? Hope all is going well for him..

He is back,soph. #2 Dontre Elliot, i believe he wore number 10 against you guys. leading district with rushing yards and hasnt been caught from behind yet. Is your RB still banged up or has he healed?

whitelightning5
10-15-2013, 01:50 PM
#4 Toney Rogers Jr., #2 Dontre Elliot,#34 Keemon Jones, #5 Leeshod Oneil, #24 Dontay Bell, #21 Ashton Branch, #73 Jaylon Haynes, #7 Devonte Durgan, #22 Taylor Skinner, #15 Keshawn Johnson, do i need to give more???? Just go look on youtube for yourself....

What positions do any of these guys play? I don't have time to watch highlight reels on Youtube.

WhartonTigers
10-15-2013, 01:54 PM
What positions do any of these guys play? I don't have time to watch highlight reels on Youtube.

RB for the first two guys, OLB- #34, #15, WR-#21,#5, #24, DT-#73, and Saftey #7, #22.. and not to mention ILB #44 Anthony Ray Jr.

1stnurseryman
10-15-2013, 01:57 PM
He is back,soph. #2 Dontre Elliot, i believe he wore number 10 against you guys. leading district with rushing yards and hasnt been caught from behind yet. Is your RB still banged up or has he healed?

Far as I know everyone is pretty healthy just a little banged up maybe.. that just goes with the territory this time of year..Good luck Friday nite think it aught to be a good game.

1stnurseryman
10-15-2013, 01:58 PM

This is quote I meant to respond to

WhartonTigers
10-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Far as I know everyone is pretty healthy just a little banged up maybe.. that just goes with the territory this time of year..Good luck Friday nite think it aught to be a good game.

Same to you guys...i hear you havent lost since this missed field goal in week 1.

speedbump
10-15-2013, 03:00 PM

My point was,speed doesn't guarantee a win the way you think it does. (If anything you do can be called thinking)

Weebe
10-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Wharton had more speed than everyone they played last year too. Didn't stop them from losing several games.

Scoop27
10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Wonder if both school bands will play on track to allow more fans in the stands?
I think they do this for the EC and Bay City game in past.

Manso/V8
10-15-2013, 09:23 PM
I watched some youtube highlights and saw several plays where Wharton players were caught from behind.

Manso/V8
10-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Grissom graduated and is at Navarro this year.

Is he playing football?
I didn't see his name on the roster.

New Taiton
10-16-2013, 08:59 AM
WHo does EC have except for BJ FLAGG????????

Actually, there are quite a few more players on EC's team not named BJ Flagg.

WhartonTigers
10-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Is he playing football?
I didn't see his name on the roster.

Not until next semester he was suppose to go to Nebraska but at the last minute decided to stay in Texas.

WhartonTigers
10-16-2013, 09:50 AM
I watched some youtube highlights and saw several plays where Wharton players were caught from behind.

Gotta be the WC game they had one cat that could run like a rabbit. the rest are probably good angles, but i know #7 from WC was lightning fast..

WhartonTigers
10-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Wonder if both school bands will play on track to allow more fans in the stands?
I think they do this for the EC and Bay City game in past.

It has been talked about i asked the band director yesterday would he consider it, now the hard part will be getting the TIGER STARS to sit on the track. I dont think Mrs. Taylor will go for that.

Saggy Aggie
10-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Gotta be the WC game they had one cat that could run like a rabbit. the rest are probably good angles, but i know #7 from WC was lightning fast..

#9 lamarquis fields is WCs fastest player. #5 is the big ricky seals jones looking WR we have that caught a long bomb for a TD over the middle. 7 is the qb, and he's mobile, but not who I think you're referring to

WhartonTigers
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM
#9 lamarquis fields is WCs fastest player. #5 is the big ricky seals jones looking WR we have that caught a long bomb for a TD over the middle. 7 is the qb, and he's mobile, but not who I think you're referring to

#9 plays Db right?

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Should be a good game... I may have to listen in on this one..

Scoop27
10-16-2013, 10:52 AM
El Campo Leader-News Preview Game story
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?123514-El-Campo-Wharton-preview-game-story

Roughneck93
10-16-2013, 10:55 AM
#9 plays Db right?

Yeah it was LaMarquis Fields. I believe it was O'Neil that he caught from behind??

Weebe
10-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Not until next semester he was suppose to go to Nebraska but at the last minute decided to stay in Texas.

right

WhartonTigers
10-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah it was LaMarquis Fields. I believe it was O'Neil that he caught from behind??

yeah but oneil gave him a move and he slid to the track. that touchdown was called back and he caught #21 Ashton branch at the very same spot on the next play. He has tremendous speed, our fans were talking about him catching Oneil and doing it rather quickly with a bad pursuit angle.

Roughneck93
10-16-2013, 02:00 PM
yeah but oneil gave him a move and he slid to the track. that touchdown was called back and he caught #21 Ashton branch at the very same spot on the next play. He has tremendous speed, our fans were talking about him catching Oneil and doing it rather quickly with a bad pursuit angle.

That's right, I remember that now.

Scoop27
10-16-2013, 02:41 PM
El Campo Radio Station KULP reports this game already (even yesterday) as sold out and standing room only
It homecoming and those activities start at 6:30
I'm sure Wharton fans will start getting to the stadium around 5:30.
At least the fire department has guys to help parking cars. This may be the biggest crowd Wharton has had for a home game in several years.

Weebe
10-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Sounds like Wharton fans are treating this like a Halley's Comet type of event.

"Come out and see Wharton have a chance to beat El Campo for the first time in 15 years..."

Manso/V8
10-16-2013, 03:16 PM
That's awesome! Playing college ball at any level is a great experience.
Keep us updated, it is fun to follow the kids from this area.

Manso/V8
10-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Should be a good game... I may have to listen in on this one..

This should be a good one, is there an internet feed?

The post-game police and fire scanner should be entertaining as well.

Wharton County is wound up about this one.

I passed through Wharton last week, and they were already polishing the convertibles.

LonestarFB
10-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Sounds like Wharton fans are treating this like a Halley's Comet type of event.

"Come out and see Wharton have a chance to beat El Campo for the first time in 15 years..."

If the game is sold out, common sense would seen to suggest that there are plenty of El Campo fans that have also bought tickets and will be at the game, right? And actually since we're splitting hairs, its been 12 years (2001), not 15 since Wharton beat El Campo back when Matt McIntyre was QB for Wharton. And yes, Wharton is ready and hungry for a win. I think any high school football team's fan base would be rallying around their team when they are having as good and exciting season as the Tigers...as I know any of you would be doing the same for your own hometown team. I'm a firm believer in letting the play on the field tell the tale...after all, that's all that really matters anyway.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 03:36 PM
http://www.kulpradio.com/ Mike Perry will keep you informed. The other guy (play by play)gets lost on almost every play.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm a firm believer in letting the play on the field tell the tale...after all, that's all that really matters anyway.

You need to explain that to "wharton tiger fan" that's been posting on here. He needs to understand that more than any poster/fan from any team in 3A.

Spanish Camp
10-16-2013, 08:23 PM
If the game is sold out, common sense would seen to suggest that there are plenty of El Campo fans that have also bought tickets and will be at the game, right? And actually since we're splitting hairs, its been 12 years (2001), not 15 since Wharton beat El Campo back when Matt McIntyre was QB for Wharton. And yes, Wharton is ready and hungry for a win. I think any high school football team's fan base would be rallying around their team when they are having as good and exciting season as the Tigers...as I know any of you would be doing the same for your own hometown team. I'm a firm believer in letting the play on the field tell the tale...after all, that's all that really matters anyway.

El Campo travels enough each week to fill up Wharton's Stadium. Not like Wharton in most years--stadium scattered with only a couple of fans who leave once the tigers start falling behind.

Spanish Camp
10-16-2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.kulpradio.com/ Mike Perry will keep you informed. The other guy (play by play)gets lost on almost every play.

I thought you used to work for KULP?

Spanish Camp
10-16-2013, 08:32 PM
That's awesome! Playing college ball at any level is a great experience.
Keep us updated, it is fun to follow the kids from this area.

I'm no genius, but I think that there must be more to the "decided to stay in Texas" part of this post. Me on the other hand--I had an academic scholarship to Harvard, but decided I would hit WCJC instead.

speedbump
10-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I thought you used to work for KULP?

No, but I ran around town selling the Leader and Citizen back in the mid fifties. Guess you could say I was a newspaperman like scoop. (sort of);)

Weebe
10-16-2013, 09:42 PM

El Campo fans support their team every year. We are coming off a state championship appearance. We travel well no matter who we play.

This is the biggest game of the year for wharton. It's just another game for El Campo.

Weebe
10-16-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm no genius, but I think that there must be more to the "decided to stay in Texas" part of this post. Me on the other hand--I had an academic scholarship to Harvard, but decided I would hit WCJC instead.

Kids pass up Nebraska scholarships to enroll at Navarro all the time.

Imagine the Navarro coaches telling a Nebraska commit that he showed up too late to play on their team.

Scoop27
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Bob Gillis said on KULP Radio that this is not just another game
He said its more important with playoff ramifications unlike with Wharton was in 3A
He also said the Bay City game isn't important as it used to be since they are not in the same district.

Weebe
10-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Bob Gillis said on KULP Radio that this is not just another game
He said its more important with playoff ramifications unlike with Wharton was in 3A
He also said the Bay City game isn't important as it used to be since they are not in the same district.

It is a big game this year for El Campo due to playoff ramifications. Same as Bellville and Columbus games.

It's not a rivalry for El Campo. Similar to a Rice vs Texas type matchup.

Weebe
10-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Bay City/El Campo has lost lost some luster for the same reason as El Campo/Wharton.

It's become a one sided matchup.

If Bay City was at the level they were in the 80's and 90's it would be off the charts huge.

Manso/V8
10-16-2013, 11:37 PM

D1 scholarships are hard to come by. There are an awful lot of skinny, undersized fast kids out there.
Getting letters and calls from coaches is one thing and a thrill, but actually getting invited for an official visit and then an offer is another.

It doesn't matter that he is at Navarro rather than Nebraska.
A good junior college program is not a bad place to start off for a good, athletic football player that might have a chance of being re-recruited in a year or two.
It is still a good experience and will teach a kid more about life than hanging around home talking about his high school glory days.
Plus, kids playing college ball have a lot more going on, and it gives them a way to make some quality friends who are all about goals and what it takes to achieve them.
One thing kids learn real quick, is there a bunch of kids just as good as him, and you have to work hard to stand out.

Manso/V8
10-16-2013, 11:41 PM
No, but I ran around town selling the Leader and Citizen back in the mid fifties. Guess you could say I was a newspaperman like scoop. (sort of);)

I had you pegged as a Grit newsboy. Maybe Scoop sold Grit back in the day.

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 06:28 AM
D1 scholarships are hard to come by. There are an awful lot of skinny, undersized fast kids out there.
Getting letters and calls from coaches is one thing and a thrill, but actually getting invited for an official visit and then an offer is another.

A good junior college program is not a bad place to start off for a good, athletic football player that might have a chance of being re-recruited in a year or two.
It is still a good experience and will teach a kid more about life than hanging around home talking about his high school glory days.
Plus, kids playing college ball have a lot more going on, and it gives them a way to make some quality friends who are all about goals and what it takes to achieve them.
One thing kids learn real quick, is there a bunch of kids just as good as him, and you have to work hard to stand out.

So true however Weebe does not agree with you, he has a different opinion of JUCO's schools.

Weebe
10-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Junior colleges are fine for kids who don't have D1 offers who want to keep playing.

Academically, they leave a lot to be desired.

OLE'BULL
10-17-2013, 08:01 AM
El Campo fans support their team every year. We are coming off a state championship appearance. We travel well no matter who we play.

This is the biggest game of the year for wharton. It's just another game for El Campo.

Just another game? Damn I wish I could be as nonchalant as you Weebe. Here in Bellville we are still under the understanding that our playoff hopes could be snatched from us. Highly unlikely, but they could. I would hope El Campo is thinking the same thing. Do I think EC can beat Wharton, yep. But I sure hope they are up for a dogfight and this isn't "just another game" for the Ricebirds...

Weebe
10-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Every game that El Campo plays in district affects the playoff race. Wharton game is no different.

WhartonTigers
10-17-2013, 08:18 AM

Clearly you're no genius dont try to tell me there is more to my own little brother's recruiting process, he had a scholarship to Concordia Nebraska, but turned it down. Anywhere he goes he has a scholarship because he was awarded the Athleadership Grant by the NFLPA.

WhartonTigers
10-17-2013, 08:20 AM
You need to explain that to "wharton tiger fan" that's been posting on here. He needs to understand that more than any poster/fan from any team in 3A.

I understand very well. you will understand tomorrow the reason im so confident

WhartonTigers
10-17-2013, 08:22 AM

It should be more than another game this is district, every game is big. Its really big for us because we will make history with a win. since 1974. 8-0 best record

WhartonTigers
10-17-2013, 08:28 AM

Perfectly put Manso, most kids have the talent and gpa but cant make a high enough score on the SAT or ACT to get in certain schools. So a junior college is just a stepping stone.

Weebe
10-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Clearly you're no genius dont try to tell me there is more to my own little brother's recruiting process, he had a scholarship to Concordia Nebraska, but turned it down. Anywhere he goes he has a scholarship because he was awarded the Athleadership Grant by the NFLPA.

Concordia Nebrska has quite a different meaning than "he was suppose[sic] to go to Nebraska."

WhartonTigers
10-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Concordia Nebrska has quite a different meaning than "he was suppose[sic] to go to Nebraska."

The meaning does not matter at all as long as his EDUCATION is paid for at WHATEVER school he goes to. Heck he couldve went to my Alma-Mater (UMHB) and still have a legit shot at going to the pros, but it was about more than just football.

Cruboi12
10-17-2013, 08:52 AM
The meaning does not matter at all as long as his EDUCATION is paid for at WHATEVER school he goes to. Heck he couldve went to my Alma-Mater (UMHB) and still have a legit shot at going to the pros, but it was about more than just football.

A fellow Crusader myself!

WhartonTigers
10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
A fellow Crusader myself!

Yes sir....

WhartonTigers
10-17-2013, 08:58 AM
By KEITH MAGEE kmagee@journal-spectator.com | 0 comments
The game that everyone has been wanting to talk about is here.
Wharton County rivals Wharton and El Campo tee it up on Friday at Tiger Stadium as the Tigers try to break a 1974 school record for best start at 7-0.

El Campo at Wharton
With all the reasons why this week’s game against the El Campo Ricebirds is important, the game will definitely have an impact on the District 25-3A race.
A capacity crowd is expected at Tiger Stadium as Wharton hopes to have a victorious Homecoming.
A win would also stop El Campo’s 11-game streak and also break a Wharton school record for best start in a season.
“We’ll have to play a really good complete game to have a chance,” Wharton Coach Tim Finn said. “We’re capable of doing that.”
The game will pit the top two defenses in the district, but Finn says that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be a defensive battle.
El Campo has the top defense, while Wharton is second. Wharton’s offense is fourth in the district.
“It’s all about who makes the plays,” Finn said. “That’s how high school football goes.”
During the annual Wharton County Football Coaches Luncheon in August, El Campo Coach Bob Gillis talked about not having a lot of returning players back from last year’s senior-oriented state finalist team.
Despite that, they enter the game with only one loss at 5-1 (1-1 in district).
“That shows you what kind of program they have,” Finn said. “It’s a credit to their program.”
Finn said El Campo has a great defense and strong running game, as well as a big offensive line.
Last week, the Tigers defeated Columbus, 25-17, to take sole possession of the district lead at 3-0. They are 7-0 overall.
“The defense had a good night,” Finn said. “We did a really good job controlling their running game. It was a big test and we passed the test for three quarters and eight minutes.”
The Tigers got off to a good start, scoring on their first three possessions.
“It gives your defense a lot of confidence to have a lead,” Finn said.

Scoop27
10-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Preview Game Show on KULP 7:30 a.m. Friday and 12:30 p.m. Friday
KULP Crystal Ball Show at 4 p.m. Friday
Coaches Show 4:30 p.m. Friday
Pre-Game show 7 p.m. Friday
www.kulpradio.com

Wharton webcast 7:15 p.m. Friday
http://www.961kiox.com/

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Junior colleges are fine for kids who don't have D1 offers who want to keep playing.

Academically, they leave a lot to be desired.

Weebe , you really do not have a clue. In the last 5 years Blinn along has put over 90 players in D 1 schools, also many kids go to Blinn to get their basic classes out of the way. Not all families have the money to send their kids to a 4 year school right away and some have to work to pay for their college fees, your opinion of JUCO schools is not shared by many people.

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 12:18 PM

Alot of details are overlooked or left out when people discuss recruiting and offers.

LonestarFB
10-17-2013, 01:15 PM
El Campo travels enough each week to fill up Wharton's Stadium. Not like Wharton in most years--stadium scattered with only a couple of fans who leave once the tigers start falling behind.

I'm sure...and yes, I've seen El Campo travel to other places besides Wharton, and yes, I know El Campo has a large fan base that could probably fill up most any 3a school's stadium, and yes, fan support has been less than desirable for Wharton in years past. I'm sure if Wharton's program, or any other school for that matter, had been as successful as El Campo's for as many years as they have, any one of them would have the same huge fan following as El Campo. El Campo does not have a monopoly on a fan base following by any stretch of the imagination. So perhaps its the beginnings of one for Wharton. All traditions along with huge fan followings start at some point in time...as I'm sure El Campo did not always have the huge following that they do now but because of continued successful seasons it developed over a period of time. With that being said, and as I said, perhaps this is the year the Tigers begin their own tradition of winning seasons year after year and a loyal, stadium-filling fan following...just never know!:evilgrin:

LonestarFB
10-17-2013, 01:29 PM

Ya'll were in a state championship playoff game last year? Really? *rolls eyes* I was really, really trying my hardest to stay on as even a keel as possible here but I see some just won't let it be so. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, El Campo has had the whole town attend their football games...can anyone give me a hallelujah!!! Wharton's has been somewhat dismal at times but as I have stated, everybody has to start from somewhere and perhaps the tide is turning for Wharton, they'll continue for many years to come having successful seasons, and will build as loyal a fan following and maintain that for many, many more years to come...all in time. You would have to know that anything like El Campo has today took many years of successes to become what it is today. Oh, and by the way...how did that championship game work out for ya last year?

Scoop27
10-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Each school no matter what classification draws a good football fan base, at home or on the road. It starts at the top in administration and trickles down to the principal and AD-football coach.
El Campo has always drawn big fan support while Wharton comes when the team is winning. East Bernard also draws a lot of fans , at home and on the road. Boling's only turns out when the Bulldogs are winning as well as Louise.
I've covered high school football in Wharton County for almost 30 years.
Friday's game will be one of the biggest in the area and Tiger Stadium will be packed. The way the stadium is configured. there is not much space for standing room.There is one area on one side of the corner outside the stadium where some fans will watch from outside the fence. I know some fans will not be happy when they come to the stadium and to buy tickets and they will be turned away.
Im sure the players will give the fans more than their money's worth

LonestarFB
10-17-2013, 02:30 PM
It is currently in the lead and likely GOTW. I can't believe Wharton put EC as HC week game :1omg!:

Nor could i!:crazy1:

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 03:11 PM
I am looking forward to listening to the post-game police and fire scanner activity.

speedbump
10-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I had you pegged as a Grit newsboy. Maybe Scoop sold Grit back in the day.

I'm old but come on man!! Scoop is just a pup compared to me, by the way.

New Taiton
10-17-2013, 03:27 PM

I think you'll excuse Weebe in this instance as any knowledgeable football fan would take your first sentence to mean your brother was going to play for the corn. Reading above, nobody would have guessed you meant some small, private school located in the state of Nebraska.

Not all families have the money to send their kids to a 4 year school right away and some have to work to pay for their college fees, your opinion of JUCO schools is not shared by many people.

Anybody can find money to go to whichever school they've been accepted. Don't make finanical issues a cornerstone of your junior college stance.

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 03:54 PM
I think you'll excuse Weebe in this instance as any knowledgeable football fan would take your first sentence to mean your brother was going to play for the corn. Reading above, nobody would have guessed you meant some small, private school located in the state of Nebraska.

Anybody can find money to go to whichever school they've been accepted. Don't make finanical issues a cornerstone of your junior college stance.

If you think money does not play a factor in so many kids going JUCO, then you are just ignorant. Yes there is money out there for kids if you want to have a school loan for most of your life after graduating , just ask my neice about her 100K loan after graduating from Baylor and that was only for 2 1/2 years. I guess that is chump money for you.

New Taiton
10-17-2013, 04:09 PM
If you think money does not play a factor in so many kids going JUCO, then you are just ignorant. Yes there is money out there for kids if you want to have a school loan for most of your life after graduating , just ask my neice about her 100K loan after graduating from Baylor and that was only for 2 1/2 years. I guess that is chump money for you.

Of course money is an issue but there is not fault in student loans. The experience alone of college is worth the loan. You can use your neice for an example, but she chose to go to a private university. Had she picked A&M or Texas, two schools that are considered much better acadmeically than Baylor, her loan balance would probably be 40% of that $100k.

My wife paid for and financed her entire undergrad at A&M and came out with $10k in debt. She then went on and got a professional degree that she financed 100% to the tune of $140k.

But here's what shortsighted people like yourself don't understand...by spending over $200k in her education, she will earn 10 to 15 times more over her career than if she would've been content with an undergrad. You only have student loan payments for your whole life if you get a journalism degree at Baylor for $100k and come out making sub $40k.

It takes money to make money.

And....as our grandparents have always said: You get what you pay for.

speedbump
10-17-2013, 04:22 PM
I am looking forward to listening to the post-game police and fire scanner activity.

Looks like it might rain. If that happens,you'll need seven scanners just to keep up with all the wreckers pulling out all the cars stuck in the parking lot. (No pavement)

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Of course money is an issue but there is not fault in student loans. The experience alone of college is worth the loan. You can use your neice for an example, but she chose to go to a private university. Had she picked A&M or Texas, two schools that are considered much better acadmeically than Baylor, her loan balance would probably be 40% of that $100k.

My wife paid for and financed her entire undergrad at A&M and came out with $10k in debt. She then went on and got a professional degree that she financed 100% to the tune of $140k.

But here's what shortsighted people like yourself don't understand...by spending over $200k in her education, she will earn 10 to 15 times more over her career than if she would've been content with an undergrad. You only have student loan payments for your whole life if you get a journalism degree at Baylor for $100k and come out making sub $40k.

If you go to Texas or A&M you are looking right at 25K a year , so that is already 100K in just 4 years. If you get a teaching degree or so even a business degree , what will your starting pay be maybe 40 to 50K a year. Just how long do you think it would be to pay off your student loan, remember there are far less students that will come out of college and start making good money.

Weebe
10-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Oh, and by the way...how did that championship game work out for ya last year?

Interesting that you make fun of El Campo's state championship performance when Wharton's program has been a dumpster fire for 25 years.

speedbump
10-17-2013, 04:35 PM
If you play good enough a D1 school will pay you. (No matter how stupid) End of story.

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Good thing your wife got a degree, Wow

1stnurseryman
10-17-2013, 05:22 PM

I spent 0 on my education and I do ok so I think I got a better return on my money. College not for everyone and some of us seem to squeak by.. Just saying

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 06:13 PM
I spent 0 on my education and I do ok so I think I got a better return on my money. College not for everyone and some of us seem to squeak by.. Just saying

NT lives in a different world then you and I .

1stnurseryman
10-17-2013, 07:47 PM
NT lives in a different world then you and I .

Yep kinda sounds like at to** oops nevemind!!

speedbump
10-17-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't care if it's D-1, JUCO or Jr. High, I just wish somebody would teach you people the difference between "then" and "than"

1stnurseryman
10-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Ju gotta remember my eduvucation know tooo gudd

1stnurseryman
10-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey SB how it feel going from Cinderella team to a dark horse in ur own district?

New Taiton
10-17-2013, 08:19 PM
remember there are far less students that will come out of college and start making good money.

That's the fault of the students. There are plenty of degrees that pay very good out of a school and continue to pay well long into a career.

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 08:36 PM
That's the fault of the students. There are plenty of degrees that pay very good out of a school and continue to pay well long into a career.

Yes all students that go to college have the opportunity to come out and make big bucks, what world do you live in. Amazing.

hookandladder
10-17-2013, 08:42 PM
If you play good enough a D1 school will pay you. (No matter how stupid) End of story.

That's the way you talk about kids, great job speed. Wow and who is the stupid one, are you call the kids or maybe it is just your post.

sock
10-17-2013, 09:00 PM
El Campo by 14.

speedbump
10-17-2013, 09:42 PM
That's the way you talk about kids, great job speed. Wow and who is the stupid one, are you call the kids or maybe it is just your post.

Oh, for crying out loud. Get off that high horse you travel from thread to thread on before you fall off and hurt yourself.

Scoop27
10-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Lets turn the talk to Xs and O's
Wharton has the speed advantage and EC may have a size advantage.
Both teams have played with some disciplined throughout the season but have shown some inconsistency.
Penalties have hurt the Tigers some. Execution with some bad center snaps to QB Krenek have also hurt the Tigers.
El Campo had the turnover bug in the Bellville game but re grouped against Royal.
I don't think the Ricebirds win streak will be in either team's head after the kickoff.
There will be a lot of intensity by both teams. Just hope it's a cleanly played game and let the best team win.

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Lets turn the talk to Xs and O's
Wharton has the speed advantage and EC may have a size advantage.
Both teams have played with some disciplined throughout the season but have shown some inconsistency.
Penalties have hurt the Tigers some. Execution with some bad center snaps to QB Krenek have also hurt the Tigers.
El Campo had the turnover bug in the Bellville game but re grouped against Royal.
I don't think the Ricebirds win streak will be in either team's head after the kickoff.
There will be a lot of intensity by both teams. Just hope it's a cleanly played game and let the best team win.

Looks like rain, and that is to the Ricebirds (Mudhens?) advantage.
Wharton speed not a factor in gumbo mud.
Put the convertible tops up.
EC by 7!

speedbump
10-17-2013, 10:21 PM
A friend of mine who has seen many if not most of the Birds practices, over the last several years told me the Thursday practice was the most intense he's ever seen. One of the coaches said hello and said " have you noticed the O line is finally starting to get it together? (or something along those lines) The Tigers better bring their A game and if they have something better than an A game they better bring that too. The Ricebirds are ready.

Pudlugger
10-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Good luck to El Campo. Birds by 14.

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm old but come on man!! Scoop is just a pup compared to me, by the way.

If you get the Grit newsboy reference, you are old enough to have been one.
Scoop may be a tad younger, but he has that old time style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKkZTX4AzWc

Manso/V8
10-17-2013, 10:39 PM

You must be young and inexperienced, $150K in student loan debt is a lot of money, no matter what kind of salary your wife makes.
One thing you will find out, having a good education, and being intelligent may give you a leg up on opportunities.....but it is no guarantee of financial success.
What matters more in this world is what you do and how well you do it.

speedbump
10-17-2013, 10:41 PM
If you get the Grit newsboy reference, you are old enough to have been one.
Scoop may be a tad younger, but he has that old time style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKkZTX4AzWc

I'm a City slicker computer nerd now. I looked it up.

Manso/V8
10-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Of course money is an issue but there is not fault in student loans. The experience alone of college is worth the loan.

But here's what shortsighted people like yourself don't understand...by spending over $200k in her education, she will earn 10 to 15 times more over her career than if she would've been content with an undergrad.

I am simply amazed that you are on here bragging about your wife's student loan debt.
It seems so mushy.
Did she go to med school and become a doctorette?
What if you want to have kids and she has a change of heart and wants to stay home for a while?
Are you going to be a stay-at-home dad, look after the young ones, and do the best you can on the allowance she gives you?
Best of luck to you!

Weebe
10-18-2013, 12:07 AM
If I had to pick, I'd pick Wharton by about a TD. But anything can happen and El Campo is slowly improving.

Weebe
10-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Hey SB how it feel going from Cinderella team to a dark horse in ur own district?

If anyone could tell us, it would be someone from Cuero.

speedbump
10-18-2013, 06:32 AM

I wouldn't know. DCF, Pigskin Prep, FNF and every other so called expert had EC picked to win region 4 last year. No Cinderella there. Just a very good team doing what it was suppose to. This season most had Bellville pegged as DC and the ones that didn't were taking the Birds. Any dark horse would have to come from the rest. Now that I've cleared that up for ya,maybe you can help me out. How does it feel to play in the district of Snow White and the five dwarfs and not be Snow White?

WhartonTigers
10-18-2013, 08:36 AM

Thats where you are wrong my friend.

WhartonTigers
10-18-2013, 08:37 AM
I don't care if it's D-1, JUCO or Jr. High, I just wish somebody would teach you people the difference between "then" and "than"

lol good one

New Taiton
10-18-2013, 08:44 AM
I am simply amazed that you are on here bragging about your wife's student loan debt.
It seems so mushy.
Did she go to med school and become a doctorette?
What if you want to have kids and she has a change of heart and wants to stay home for a while?
Are you going to be a stay-at-home dad, look after the young ones, and do the best you can on the allowance she gives you?
Best of luck to you!

Bragging is not my intention, but rather to show that having student loan debt is ok. It's not frivilous debt, it's necessary debt.

My point is that a person should never settle on a school or career because of money reasons. There is money available for kids to do exactly what they want to do.

maestro
10-18-2013, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't know. DCF, Pigskin Prep, FNF and every other so called expert had EC picked to win region 4 last year. No Cinderella there. Just a very good team doing what it was suppose to. This season most had Bellville pegged as DC and the ones that didn't were taking the Birds. Any dark horse would have to come from the rest. Now that I've cleared that up for ya,maybe you can help me out. How does it feel to play in the district of Snow White and the five dwarfs and not be Snow White?

That's a funny one, I don't care who you are

Haha. Good post speedbump

maestro
10-18-2013, 08:52 AM
A friend of mine who has seen many if not most of the Birds practices, over the last several years told me the Thursday practice was the most intense he's ever seen. One of the coaches said hello and said " have you noticed the O line is finally starting to get it together? (or something along those lines) The Tigers better bring their A game and if they have something better than an A game they better bring that too. The Ricebirds are ready.

Ain't high school rivalries grand!!!???

Snotbubbles
10-18-2013, 09:03 AM

Nothing more disappointing than having a eager, very intense player, ready to lay the wood on somebody, but can't---cause that opponent just blew him away via his speed. Wharton too fast, and runs away here 38-14. Wharton turns the tables and gives EC some of their own medicine. Lot of payback here.

WhartonTigers
10-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Nothing more disappointing than having a eager, very intense player, ready to lay the wood on somebody, but can't---cause that opponent just blew him away via his speed. Wharton too fast, and runs away here 38-14. Wharton turns the tables and gives EC some of their own medicine. Lot of payback here.

Cant wait until the first kick off....

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Bragging is not my intention, but rather to show that having student loan debt is ok. It's not frivilous debt, it's necessary debt.

My point is that a person should never settle on a school or career because of money reasons. There is money available for kids to do exactly what they want to do.

Just to make sure you understand what JUCO means, it is a 2 year school only . After finishing at a JUCO you can finish your degree at just about any school you prefer, you sound like you do not know the difference. So just wanted to clear that up, OK back to the game. I still have Wharton winning this game at home, just do not know much about either team this season however Wharton seems to have more returning experienced players. Wharton by a TD.

1stnurseryman
10-18-2013, 11:40 AM

Tell me what exactly have y'all won state in?
Have y'all ever been to the state game b4 dropping down to 3a? Y'all were a one and done team it's over for y'all. I can hear the panic in y'all's texts..

Scoop27
10-18-2013, 12:15 PM
We've had some light rain showers in Wharton over the past two hours but nothing heavy. But there is some green patches of rain on the radar. Houston weather stations are predicting more rain as the day progresses

Bull's-eye
10-18-2013, 12:21 PM
After watching a very athletic team defeat Columbus, I'm picking Wharton by a TD.

WhartonTigers
10-18-2013, 01:30 PM
The atmosphere down here is starting to turn up.....Everybody is ready for tonight's showdown.

Manso/V8
10-18-2013, 01:39 PM
The atmosphere down here is starting to turn up.....Everybody is ready for tonight's showdown.

Y'all got the convertibles shined up to ride around the square if you win?

WhartonTigers
10-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Y'all got the convertibles shined up to ride around the square if you win?

You guys might have celebrated,but not at all down here we have film meetings on you guys in the morning. Start working towards next week. BTW this game isnt important because we lost 11 years straight. It's important because 1. it will be the best start in Wharton history... and also IF WE WIN WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS NO MATTER WHAT.. and not to mention a bigger lead as District Champions.. 7-0!!!

Weebe
10-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Have y'all ever been to the state game b4 dropping down to 3a? Y'all were a one and done team it's over for y'all. I can hear the panic in y'all's texts..

It's the weakest senior class in EC in the past 10 years. Still expect they will make the playoffs and possibly go a couple rounds deep if they don't match up La Grange in the first round.

EC will win Region IV again next year. Mark it down.

WhartonTigers
10-18-2013, 02:32 PM
It's the weakest senior class in EC in the past 10 years. Still expect they will make the playoffs and possibly go a couple rounds deep if they don't match up La Grange in the first round.

EC will win Region IV again next year. Mark it down.

Not at all Wharton is only losing two or three starters on both sides... Most of the guys are sophmores or freshman...

maestro
10-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Just checked voter poll

19-19

Did someone plan that?

Again,got to love Texas High School rivalries

D'Highlander
10-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Do any of y'all know a good twitter guy to follow for updates on this game?

speedbump
10-18-2013, 04:04 PM

One and done? LOL Don't know squat about EC do you. I can help you with that too. El Campo is 4-0-1 against Cuero. You might want to improve on that before you start talking 4A.

Scoop27
10-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Enrollment with more players to choose from always helps-Even if in the same classification.

1stnurseryman
10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
One and done? LOL Don't know squat about EC do you. I can help you with that too. El Campo is 4-0-1 against Cuero. You might want to improve on that before you start talking 4A.

U still not answer my question SB. By the way I still hear the fear.. Lol

speedbump
10-18-2013, 04:18 PM
U still not answer my question SB. By the way I still hear the fear.. Lol

We've won three or four state titles in baseball. Also won titles in track, and tennis.

BB BULLS
10-18-2013, 04:43 PM
You guys might have celebrated,but not at all down here we have film meetings on you guys in the morning. Start working towards next week. BTW this game isnt important because we lost 11 years straight. It's important because 1. it will be the best start in Wharton history... and also IF WE WIN WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS NO MATTER WHAT.. and not to mention a bigger lead as District Champions.. 7-0!!!

i think manso was just joking around with you, and you come back with smart answer. do you think you guys are the only one that does film on
saturday? win or lose against El Campo you are still Wharton a 4A school that moved to 3A and has done nothing. good luck anyway i would love for you guys to come here on top makes it all sweeter.

1stnurseryman
10-18-2013, 04:48 PM
For the record I think EC wins tonite. Don't think Wharton can take their drive the ball down ur throat game.. I may be wrong we'll see.

Weebe
10-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Not at all Wharton is only losing two or three starters on both sides... Most of the guys are sophmores or freshman...

That does nothing to change my opinion.

sk1
10-18-2013, 08:29 PM
El Campo 10
Wharton 0
Halftime

whitelightning5
10-18-2013, 09:18 PM
El Campo 10
Wharton 0
Halftime

Update?

Scoop27
10-18-2013, 09:19 PM
13-0 EC mid third qtr

speedbump
10-18-2013, 09:40 PM
EC up 20-0 - 4:55 left in the game.

Weebe
10-18-2013, 09:51 PM

El Campo made Wharton's offense look like a junior high offense. They never made it inside the EC 35.

So much for Wharton's best team in 25 years.

But, EC will have to learn to hold onto the ball if they want to beat teams that are actually good.

Scoop27
10-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Tigers will still make the playoffs -even with a loss to Bellville next week

Weebe
10-18-2013, 10:02 PM
The 3 headed monster and the rest of the Wharton offense had 65 yards total offense.

maestro
10-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Yes, this game was a total M and M ' er

Mismatch city. Well, whs defense did put up a fight first half cause EC had field position all night.

speedbump
10-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes, this game was a total M and M ' er

Mismatch city. Well, whs defense did put up a fight first half cause EC had field position all night.

Yup - The Tigers D is pretty good. Taylor Skinner is a heck of a player.

hookandladder
10-18-2013, 10:50 PM
El Campo made Wharton's offense look like a junior high offense. They never made it inside the EC 35.

So much for Wharton's best team in 25 years.

But, EC will have to learn to hold onto the ball if they want to beat teams that are actually good.

This game helps explain the Wharton - Cuero game with Cuero getting thumped by Yoakum, interesting to say the least.

1stnurseryman
10-18-2013, 10:56 PM
This game helps explain the Wharton - Cuero game with Cuero getting thumped by Yoakum, interesting to say the least.
Your wrong Hook we didn't get thumped by Yoakum we got our ass handed to us just that simple. Cuero to me hasn't looked as good the last 3 games as they did the 1st 3 maybe it's the competition only time will tell.

Weebe
10-18-2013, 11:16 PM
El Campo isn't where they need to be, but this was by far their best performance of the year.

I should have known not to underestimate Gillis, Condra and the rest of the coaching staff.

speedbump
10-18-2013, 11:25 PM
El Campo isn't where they need to be, but this was by far their best performance of the year.

I should have known not to underestimate Gillis, Condra and the rest of the coaching staff.

And they have enough time to get in a lot more coaching before the playoffs.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Congrats EC. Give me the crow. I admit, I was wrong here.

hollywood
10-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Congrats EC. Give me the crow. I admit, I was wrong here.

El Campo will be playing in the Reg finals

regaleagle
10-19-2013, 01:21 AM
El Campo will be playing in the Reg finals

And what is that....maybe 6 more weeks of football to get your team ready. Heck, looks like the season is just starting for El Campo.

Manso/V8
10-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Where is WhartonTiger?

speedbump
10-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Where is WhartonTiger?

He's trying to get that cheap duct tape to stick to his tailpipe.

Weebe
10-19-2013, 06:04 AM
Where is WhartonTiger?

That's my question. Talk **** about a blowout, and El Campo in general, all week and don't have the balls toake an appearance after Wharton lays an egg.

BB BULLS
10-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Where is WhartonTiger?

I know where he is Manso, he is trying to put the top back on his car. hahaha

maestro
10-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Tigers will still make the playoffs -even with a loss to Bellville next week

Way to talk excellence there Scoop

maestro
10-19-2013, 08:32 AM
I have posted a few times on the excellence of Coach Gillis in meaningful games
And

I have posted that Coach Finn and his OC seem to be doing a good job

But...

Last nights offensive game plan LOOKED junior high ish

I say looked because el campo had everything to do with it

Maybe now the wharton coaches can put in something resembling a counter???? Misdirection????

The RB ran like jh guys making everything sweep left and sweep right.

Bellville punched el campo in the mouth and now el campo speaks of growth of their team

Well, I look forward to seeing how the Tigers respond. Those senior leaders tht I bragged about will have to be on top of their motivational games this week in practice.

On a side note....Yoakum is also getting it together.

The Bull #40
10-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Where is WhartonTiger?

Idk, but I wouldn't expect him on the board next friday night or saturday either haha. So much for the "best" team in the district.

Weebe
10-19-2013, 10:43 AM
These guys from EC keeps talking about last year. ITS OVER yeah you made it but you got blew out in the state championship. this year is all that counts and so far this year WE ARE UNDEFEATED 7-0 CHUMP. so until we lose this year respect us... and Manso/V8 we will worry about your team next week. This week is all EC. Grissom graduated and is at Navarro this year. but you will meet the new roster this Friday night...#4 Toney Rogers Jr., #2 Dontre Elliot Soph. and #5 Leeshod Oneil... WHo does EC have except for BJ FLAGG????????

This is a quality post.

Manso/V8
10-19-2013, 11:27 AM
This is a quality post.
I hope he is ok.......was it wet in Wharton?
Maybe he is still stuck in the parking lot.

Scoop27
10-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Coach Finn is still a good coach, proved it last year. One loss doesn't make a season. It's all about making the playoffs. He put this loss behind him last night and already preparing for Bellville. You can't take away Wharton's seven wins no matter who they were against

Weebe
10-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I agree Finn is a good coach. I'll be interested to see how long he hangs around Wharton.

Dog_e_styl
10-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Where is WhartonTiger?

I seen him working out via weights with several teenagers. :doh: The old Jesse Crow Sandwich WT.

maestro
10-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I agree Finn is a good coach. I'll be interested to see how long he hangs around Wharton.

Wharton is lucky and fortunate to have Coach Finn.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Congrats to EC! I guess the Ricebirds have the Tiger's number.

Manso/V8
10-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Who won the 4x100 relay?

speedbump
10-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Who won the 4x100 relay?

BJ Flagg - Whartons sprint team only ran the 60 yard dash. Guess they were confused. Flagg lapped em 3 times with 182 yards.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2013, 12:35 AM
BJ Flagg - Whartons sprint team only ran the 60 yard dash. Guess they were confused. Flagg lapped em 3 times with 182 yards.

speedbump, I was amazed of the dominance when I seen the game stats. 65 freaking total yards? Great job.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=183543&TeamID=217&SearchType=Teams