PDA

View Full Version : El Campo (5-1, 1-1) at Wharton (7-0. 3-0)

Scoop27
10-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Who wins the at least 100th River Battle?

Pudlugger
10-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Ricebirds pull off the win by 13. I think they've got the bugs out of their program and will play more efficiently with fewer unforced errors at this point in the season.

YTBulldogs
10-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Wharton 30-13

speedbump
10-12-2013, 01:39 PM
If this was a track meet, 7 on 7 or flag football,I'd have to go with Wharton. But, since it's real live honest to goodness tackle football,it will be a win for the Ricebirds. Wharton has put up big numbers against three of the weakest defenses in the state but haven't been able to manage more than three TDs against avg. to above avg. defenses. The Birds defense is well above avg. and they havent been held to less than three TDs since week one.

Ricebirds 27 - 17

maestro
10-12-2013, 03:09 PM
If this was a track meet, 7 on 7 or flag football,I'd have to go with Wharton. But, since it's real live honest to goodness tackle football,it will be a win for the Ricebirds. Wharton has put up big numbers against three of the weakest defenses in the state but haven't been able to manage more than three TDs against avg. to above avg. defenses. The Birds defense is well above avg. and they havent been held to less than three TDs since week one.

Ricebirds 27 - 17

I agree. Wharton must not give EC short field due to turnovers.

If El Campo has the lead late, Coach Gillis a master of ball control.

WhartonTigers
10-13-2013, 02:14 PM
I agree. Wharton must not give EC short field due to turnovers.

If El Campo has the lead late, Coach Gillis a master of ball control.

Homecoming, and the chance to end a ten game losing streak to EC, will have the Tigers ready for war. I haven't heard of nothing else but BJ Flagg from EC, curious to know who are the other difference makers?