PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Argyle is headex for D1

orange machine
10-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Aubrey beat Lonestar tonight! Argyle shoukd go d1 now.

movethechain
10-12-2013, 12:42 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Will not be right without a Argyle vs Gilmer slobber-knocker.

vtskneb
10-12-2013, 12:45 AM
That maybe what Kilgore is saying too. I would love to see an Argyle/Stephenville game.

hollywood
10-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Oh boy.. Could it be true?? Still some football to be played! But would love love love a shot at Argyle. Hey... never say never.

regaleagle, what do you think about all of this?

:clap:

orange machine
10-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Im completely shocked that Aubrey knocked off Lonestar. More than likely Argyle and Ranchview will be D1 with Celina and Aubrey D2.

orange machine
10-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Argyles road just got a lot harder it looks.

Aggie98
10-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Argyles road just got a lot harder it looks.

We play Gilmer in week 10. We then need 3 playoff wins to get to Argyle in the quarterfinals. We beat them, we get Sville in the semi's. We beat them, we get the winner of Carthage/Navasota in the finals.

BRING IT ON!!!

orange machine
10-12-2013, 02:10 AM
We play Gilmer in week 10. We then need 3 playoff wins to get to Argyle in the quarterfinals. We beat them, we get Sville in the semi's. We beat them, we get the winner of Carthage/Navasota in the finals.

BRING IT ON!!!
I wish y'all luck!!!

Aggie98
10-12-2013, 02:13 AM
I wish y'all luck!!!

Thank you. We're probably going to need a lot of it.

regaleagle
10-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Yippie!!! This should get the Argyle coaches something to sink their teeth into. The playoff road will be different...unless something happens weird from here on out. Sorry Gilmer, but you guys will have to make other plans now. This gives Argyle a chance to play some teams they've never met before on the Gridiron of Glory. It should be a very interesting road for all the Argyle faithful. If Lone Star beats Ranchview and Ranchview beats Aubrey, then what? Folks, I don't think this business in District 10 is settled yet. Matt....where are you??? We need some "what if" answers.

Aesculus gilmus
10-12-2013, 06:02 AM
It is still very, very unlikely, but with the sudden emergence of Bullard as a possible playoff contender (21-14 win over Gladewater), it is not impossible that Gilmer will go D1. Next to impossible, but not totally impossible. I think Chapel Hill still destroys Bullard at home next week and takes that other D1 spot, but stranger things have happened.

It just got much harder. Oh boy

Celina8
10-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Was very surprised that Aubrey beat Lone Star and yes this shook up Dist 10. Can Aubrey beat Ranchview I guess is the real question. If so then there are no questions Argyle goes D1. This could also change the path of who Celina meets in the first couple of rounds of the playoff and allow for a deeper run before they meet one of those East Texas teams that give us fits. We will see, and for those Stephenville fans that would love to play Argyle...be careful of what you wish!

Aesculus gilmus
10-12-2013, 09:38 AM
If Aubrey, Ranchview and Lone Star all end up 1-3, how does your district decide which two of the three teams make the playoffs?

orange machine
10-12-2013, 09:39 AM
D1 is an absolute gauntlet this year. I sure wish Gilmer could find their way into that gauntlet lol.

poisoned10
10-12-2013, 09:46 AM
D1 is an absolute gauntlet this year. I sure wish Gilmer could find their way into that gauntlet lol.

We're just fine in D2 thank you!

hollywood
10-12-2013, 09:52 AM
If Argyle does go D1, I don't see anyone stopping Gilmer and Graham for a rematch in the D2 semis. It's only fitting IMO. To see which team has improved the most. :clap:

hollywood
10-12-2013, 09:57 AM
It just got much harder. Oh boy

For who? If Argyle goes D1, they'll likely have to face Kilgore in the semis. If they go D2, they'll likely have to face Gilmer in the semis. Both are pretty solid again this season.

buckeyebob
10-12-2013, 09:57 AM
WOW!! Well, I was looking forward to Argyle...instaed, I may have to make the Kilgore game...Celina??...I wll have to put the pencil to it tomorrow afternoon...1s things 1st...Henderson, Lobo Stadium tonight @ 7PM...let's get it on.

hollywood
10-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Was very surprised that Aubrey beat Lone Star and yes this shook up Dist 10. Can Aubrey beat Ranchview I guess is the real question. If so then there are no questions Argyle goes D1. This could also change the path of who Celina meets in the first couple of rounds of the playoff and allow for a deeper run before they meet one of those East Texas teams that give us fits. We will see, and for those Stephenville fans that would love to play Argyle...be careful of what you wish!

It's not an overconfident wish to have the chance to play Argyle, it's the chance to play another solid team who Stephenville hasn't ever played to my knowledge. Stephenville has always liked playing the best there is to offer. It's what they do. Bring on the best. It should be the other way around. Argyle better hope they don't go D1! Lol Honestly IMO, either route is tough this season.

adoptedbuckeye
10-12-2013, 10:16 AM
We're just fine in D2 thank you!

Yes we are!

waterboy
10-12-2013, 01:14 PM
It doesn't matter to me which division we play in. D1 looks to have a couple of more stiffer challenges this year, but I think the Buckeyes would be fine in either one. This Buckeye team doesn't care where they're playing, or who, they are hungry and will win. The road does look a bit easier in D2, but there's still challenges out there. Fairfield comes to mind, along with a couple of others.

hollywood
10-12-2013, 03:11 PM
It doesn't matter to me which division we play in. D1 looks to have a couple of more stiffer challenges this year, but I think the Buckeyes would be fine in either one. This Buckeye team doesn't care where they're playing, or who, they are hungry and will win. The road does look a bit easier in D2, but there's still challenges out there. Fairfield comes to mind, along with a couple of others.

I like the arrogance!

regaleagle
10-12-2013, 08:12 PM
If Aubrey, Ranchview and Lone Star all end up 1-3, how does your district decide which two of the three teams make the playoffs?

I reckon there's some kind of tiebreaker already agreed upon for just such a situation as may occur this season between these 3 teams. On a head-up basis between just two teams, that would be a no-brainer.

The other scenario is that Lone Star could upset either Celina or Argyle, and the other two teams lose to both schools. That would throw another wrench into the works. Not a likely scenario, but anything can happen in these games.

orange machine
10-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Ranchview should beat Aubrey and Lonestar based on what I saw last night. Ranchview has a ton of athletes a massive oline and even bigger Dline. By the way Rocket Ismael's son Rocket Jr. plays for Ranchview and he is explosive.

regaleagle
10-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Ranchview should beat Aubrey and Lonestar based on what I saw last night. Ranchview has a ton of athletes a massive oline and even bigger Dline. By the way Rocket Ismael's son Rocket Jr. plays for Ranchview and he is explosive.

If that happens, then that puts Aubrey ahead of Lone Star and Argyle goes DI(which from what I know about Coach Rodgers and this year's team may be just the ticket for all concerned). We all kinda figured the whole deal would revolve around this Ranchview/Aubrey game....we just didn't foresee Lone Star losing to Aubrey. Now Lone Star is on the outside looking in, instead of Aubrey. Don't discount Lone Star rebounding to beat Ranchview, though. That game now has become the one to watch first. If Ranchview wins, Aubrey can still lose to Ranchview and get the 4th spot. So now it's suddenly the Lone Star/Ranchview game that makes all the difference first, then the Ranchview/Aubrey result only if Lone Star defeats Ranchview. Or if Lone Star can upset Argyle or Celina. They need a win against Ranchview, Argyle or Celina....don't matter which one.

orange machine
10-12-2013, 10:43 PM
If that happens, then that puts Aubrey ahead of Lone Star and Argyle goes DI(which from what I know about Coach Rodgers and this year's team may be just the ticket for all concerned). We all kinda figured the whole deal would revolve around this Ranchview/Aubrey game....we just didn't foresee Lone Star losing to Aubrey. Now Lone Star is on the outside looking in, instead of Aubrey. Don't discount Lone Star rebounding to beat Ranchview, though. That game now has become the one to watch first. If Ranchview wins, Aubrey can still lose to Ranchview and get the 4th spot. So now it's suddenly the Lone Star/Ranchview game that makes all the difference first, then the Ranchview/Aubrey result only if Lone Star defeats Ranchview. Or if Lone Star can upset Argyle or Celina. They need a win against Ranchview, Argyle or Celina....don't matter which one.

I think Ranchview is gonna be way to fast for both Lone Star and Aubrey. Ranchviews qb and 3 receivers are absolute burners. As for Celina it doesn't much matter just win another game.

regaleagle
10-12-2013, 10:51 PM
I think Ranchview is gonna be way to fast for both Lone Star and Aubrey. Ranchviews qb and 3 receivers are absolute burners. As for Celina it doesn't much matter just win another game.

It's almost a given that Celina and Argyle are gonna win 2 district games and get a playoff spot, no doubt. Celina already blasted Ranchview, so that's why I'm not so certain Ranchview is a shoe-in versus Lone Star. I think Aubrey just caught Lone Star on a bad night, and that can happen. Methinks Lone Star vs Ranchview will be very close. Remember, Lone Star has 1300+ enrollment now, and has some beef and athletes too. I don't know what happened against Aubrey, but maybe they just haven't gelled together as a team yet.

waterboy
10-12-2013, 11:09 PM
I like the arrogance!

Didn't mean to come across that way. I'm confident that it doesn't matter. Is that better?

Smitty
10-13-2013, 09:44 AM
I just love this kinda stuff!!!.....Gotta love High School Football!

buckeyebob
10-14-2013, 01:01 PM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2013/08/09/lsg-2013-class-3a-pre-season-championship-picks/

Well, well...lonestargridiron.com has made a change here...looks as if the Carhage Bulldogs are not as love as they were.

Congatulations to the Eagles

hollywood
10-14-2013, 01:50 PM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2013/08/09/lsg-2013-class-3a-pre-season-championship-picks/

Well, well...lonestargridiron.com has made a change here...looks as if the Carhage Bulldogs are not as love as they were.

LOL... that's old stuff buckeyebob.

Now if you look at their rankings for this week... a little off.

Dawgs
10-14-2013, 07:11 PM

You love this don't you Bob...Gilmer 2013 reminds me of Brownwood 2010. Fans are acting the exact same way. Good luck to the Bucks the rest of the season, cause there will be just as much crying and hurt feelings if the Bucks some how dont win a Ship.

lostaussie
10-14-2013, 07:49 PM
You love this don't you Bob...Gilmer 2013 reminds me of Brownwood 2010. Fans are acting the exact same way. Good luck to the Bucks the rest of the season, cause there will be just as much crying and hurt feelings if the Bucks some how dont win a Ship.No, and I will agree, some are a little over the top. But we ain't even close to 2010 Brownwood!!!!

orange machine
10-14-2013, 07:57 PM
No, and I will agree, some are a little over the top. But we ain't even close to 2010 Brownwood!!!!

That 2010 Brownwood team was awesome.

Dawgs
10-14-2013, 08:28 PM
No, and I will agree, some are a little over the top. But we ain't even close to 2010 Brownwood!!!!

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little. And you guys on The Downlow are ok, but if you go to the other site...Wow. Don't worry Carthage has them too, but the Gilmerites are out in full force this year. I am ready to see Gilmer vs Kilgore. Not taking anything away from either team, but I think it will be the first real test for both this season. If Gilmer goes out, and blows the K-Dawgs out then I will be a believer that this is the best 3a team of all time :), as some would have you to believe. And, don’t worry I already know that Carthage has only played one quality opponent and got beat 60 something to 39. Although Nacogdoches has turned out to be a pretty good win for Carthage giving how their season is going. And please don't start crowing about beating the breaks off of Chapel Hill or Henderson. It’s great that we have 2 programs in East Texas both not 25 miles from Longview that get so touchy when you say one is better than the other. I cannot believe we are not playing each other every year. Think if we got to see these 2 programs year in and year out. It should be a crime not to give the fans this game. That would be as big as winning the State Championship!! Don't tell me you would rather beat up on poor Ol' Henderson or play Kilgore every year, then have a chance of playing your only true peer. (Although Kilgore is going to be a force in 3A).

Ville will win it all this year so don't worry about it to much.

Dawgs
10-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Ville will win it all this year so don't worry about it to much.

Yall wont be tested in the weakest region in the state. I believe you guys get brought down to Earth this year in the Semi-Finals. Not that the Semi-Finals is not a heck of a run. Kilgore is better than last year, and Ville is not as good...Period.

hollywood
10-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Yall wont be tested in the weakest region in the state. I believe you guys get brought down to Earth this year in the Semi-Finals. Not that the Semi-Finals is not a heck of a run. Kilgore is better than last year, and Ville is not as good...Period.

You have as bout a much of a clue as the next guy! Lol Period!

How do you know that Kilgore is better than last year? Or Stephenville isn't as good as last year?

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 01:03 AM
I got a better question....how do either of you know that Kilgore and Stephenville will even meet this season, huh??? Y'all seem to both be assuming a whole lot mighty early before the playoffs. Who knows.....maybe Princeton or Gainesville or Shallowater, or Wylie will have something to say about it. OR....maybe even little 'ol 665 enrollment Argyle, shucks....yuck, yuck.

buckeyebob
10-15-2013, 05:52 AM
You love this don't you Bob...Gilmer 2013 reminds me of Brownwood 2010. Fans are acting the exact same way. Good luck to the Bucks the rest of the season, cause there will be just as much crying and hurt feelings if the Bucks some how dont win a Ship.

Brownwood could not be beat & Carthage did it, & very well. This year, we have no dog in that race...my comments were directed toward Div 1 with Argyle moving into it. Lone Star Gridiron had the Dawgs picked in the SC at the first...now, their pick is Argyle...juts saying that the Dawgs no longer have the love...now if that is the Brownwood attitude, so be it...now we could go Div 1 just like Argyle...if taht happens,the you can whine like a baby girl.

lostaussie
10-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little. And you guys on The Downlow are ok, but if you go to the other site...Wow. Don't worry Carthage has them too, but the Gilmerites are out in full force this year. I am ready to see Gilmer vs Kilgore. Not taking anything away from either team, but I think it will be the first real test for both this season. If Gilmer goes out, and blows the K-Dawgs out then I will be a believer that this is the best 3a team of all time :), as some would have you to believe. And, don’t worry I already know that Carthage has only played one quality opponent and got beat 60 something to 39. Although Nacogdoches has turned out to be a pretty good win for Carthage giving how their season is going. And please don't start crowing about beating the breaks off of Chapel Hill or Henderson. It’s great that we have 2 programs in East Texas both not 25 miles from Longview that get so touchy when you say one is better than the other. I cannot believe we are not playing each other every year. Think if we got to see these 2 programs year in and year out. It should be a crime not to give the fans this game. That would be as big as winning the State Championship!! Don't tell me you would rather beat up on poor Ol' Henderson or play Kilgore every year, then have a chance of playing your only true peer. (Although Kilgore is going to be a force in 3A).The "other" site. Oh yes the other site............I can't even hardly go read what some of those guys say:doh: Now to your comments about who we beat. Chapel hill and Henderson in my opinion were just taking care of buisness. The Prestonwood game was the real deal. We scored 66 and should have scored 80. With Argyle supposedly moving to D1 I really don't think we will have another decent game after Kilgore until at least the 3rd or 4th round. I have drank the kool-aid this year. Certainly not saying we are greatest 3A team of all time by any means...........but this is a VERY talented group and its gonna take a dang fine team to knock them out.

lostaussie
10-15-2013, 07:30 AM
And Argyle is a player.........whether its D1 or D2

hollywood
10-15-2013, 07:40 AM
The "other" site. Oh yes the other site............I can't even hardly go read what some of those guys say:doh: Now to your comments about who we beat. Chapel hill and Henderson in my opinion were just taking care of buisness. The Prestonwood game was the real deal. We scored 66 and should have scored 80. With Argyle supposedly moving to D1 I really don't think we will have another decent game after Kilgore until at least the 3rd or 4th round. I have drank the kool-aid this year. Certainly not saying we are greatest 3A team of all time by any means...........but this is a VERY talented group and its gonna take a dang fine team to knock them out.

I agree lostaussie. Now, I haven't seen the Buckeyes in person, well in pads. I did see them during the 7 on 7 ST and they looked athletic. But, you know as well as I do, there are several 3A teams this season that could beat Gilmer. Key word is could not would you notice. It's a year where there isn't just the 1 or 2 teams that are just flat out better than everyone else. Of these teams, Carthage, Stephenville, Argyle, Kilgore and maybe Graham IMO, all could give Gilmer more than they wanted. The keys to these teams unlike other 3A is the OL's and DL's. Take that key factor and the fact that they all have several very good skill players with speed... yes, even the 3 teams out west have speed. ;) It would be fun. Wish we could have a round robin of these 6 teams. That would be fun! A who's who.

waterboy
10-15-2013, 07:51 AM
And Argyle is a player.........whether its D1 or D2

I can definitely agree with this. Argyle will definitely be a player in either.

waterboy
10-15-2013, 07:56 AM
I agree lostaussie. Now, I haven't seen the Buckeyes in person, well in pads. I did see them during the 7 on 7 ST and they looked athletic. But, you know as well as I do, there are several 3A teams this season that could beat Gilmer. Key word is could not would you notice. It's a year where there isn't just the 1 or 2 teams that are just flat out better than everyone else. Of these teams, Carthage, Stephenville, Argyle, Kilgore and maybe Graham IMO, all could give Gilmer more than they wanted. The keys to these teams unlike other 3A is the OL's and DL's. Take that key factor and the fact that they all have several very good skill players with speed... yes, even the 3 teams out west have speed. ;) It would be fun. Wish we could have a round robin of these 6 teams. That would be fun! A who's who.

This is almost always the case. There's usually not ONE team that is head and shoulders above the rest of 3A. It's all speculative until the semis, when regional champs meet, and then the finals, when the winners of the semis meet. Who REALLY knows which region has the best teams when they rarely play teams outside their region? The levels of competition could be totally opposite.

lostaussie
10-15-2013, 08:09 AM
I said it jokingly yesterday......but I really believe region 2 to be very weak this year. I mean other than Kilgore, Argyle, Gilmer and maybe a Celina or Gainesville, who else is there. And of all the top dogs most are D1. Its kind of a crazy year. The teams I really am curios about are Celina, Navasota Fairfield and Graham. And I saw what we did to Graham last year. I'm not drinking their kool-aid yet. Its gonna be fun. I hope we don't pull a 2007 because it can happen.

Deuce
10-15-2013, 09:53 AM
I said it jokingly yesterday......but I really believe region 2 to be very weak this year. I mean other than Kilgore, Argyle, Gilmer and maybe a Celina or Gainesville, who else is there. And of all the top dogs most are D1. Its kind of a crazy year. The teams I really am curios about are Celina, Navasota Fairfield and Graham. And I saw what we did to Graham last year. I'm not drinking their kool-aid yet. Its gonna be fun. I hope we don't pull a 2007 because it can happen.

Yeah, Graham is not very good. I wouldn't get to worried about them.

MajorApplehorn
10-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Brownwood could not be beat & Carthage did it, & very well. This year, we have no dog in that race...my comments were directed toward Div 1 with Argyle moving into it. Lone Star Gridiron had the Dawgs picked in the SC at the first...now, their pick is Argyle...juts saying that the Dawgs no longer have the love...now if that is the Brownwood attitude, so be it...now we could go Div 1 just like Argyle...if taht happens,the you can whine like a baby girl.

Actually, LS Gridiron had Argyle beating Carthage in DI before the season started. They had Gilmer winning DII.

MajorApplehorn
10-15-2013, 10:00 AM
The "other" site. Oh yes the other site............I can't even hardly go read what some of those guys say:doh: Now to your comments about who we beat. Chapel hill and Henderson in my opinion were just taking care of buisness. The Prestonwood game was the real deal. We scored 66 and should have scored 80. With Argyle supposedly moving to D1 I really don't think we will have another decent game after Kilgore until at least the 3rd or 4th round. I have drank the kool-aid this year. Certainly not saying we are greatest 3A team of all time by any means...........but this is a VERY talented group and its gonna take a dang fine team to knock them out.

I will go ahead and say Gilmer strolls to the SC if Argyle goes DI. Graham can't play with them. It won't be close, if Graham can get there. The only team that will give Gilmer a game will be Navasota/Fairfield in the Title Game. I have said the whole year the winner of Gilmer/Argyle is DII champ.

lostaussie
10-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, Graham is not very good. I wouldn't get to worried about them.don't go putting words in my mouth. I havent seen y'all since we sent you home with your tail between your legs. I have no doubt that the Steers are improved, but I can promise the Buckeyes are. Y'all may whip the crap out of us, but until I see it I won't believe it. Dont let that 7on7 trophy make you have blinders!

Deuce
10-15-2013, 10:47 AM
don't go putting words in my mouth. I havent seen y'all since we sent you home with your tail between your legs. I have no doubt that the Steers are improved, but I can promise the Buckeyes are. Y'all may whip the crap out of us, but until I see it I won't believe it. Dont let that 7on7 trophy make you have blinders!

Pretty sure that no one around here is putting much stock in a 7 on 7 trophy! What's funny about all this is that we won't even know if Graham will be D1 or D2 until week 9.

lostaussie
10-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Pretty sure that no one around here is putting much stock in a 7 on 7 trophy! What's funny about all this is that we won't even know if Graham will be D1 or D2 until week 9.what are the scenarios. I thought y'all were for sure DII

Deuce
10-15-2013, 10:55 AM
what are the scenarios. I thought y'all were for sure DII

IMO it will come down to who wins Burkburnett/Iowa Park game. They look to be the 2 weakest in the district. Graham, Vernon, and Hirschi should all get in. If Burk wins that game, Graham will go D2. If IP wins, Graham will go D1.

MajorApplehorn
10-15-2013, 11:50 AM
I will go ahead and say Gilmer strolls to the SC if Argyle goes DI. Graham can't play with them. It won't be close, if Graham can get there. The only team that will give Gilmer a game will be Navasota/Fairfield in the Title Game. I have said the whole year the winner of Gilmer/Argyle is DII champ.

Scratch that Sota possibility. They are for sure DI. Didn't realize that.

regaleagle
10-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Even if Argyle went DII, the prognosticators would still have Gilmer as being the favorite. I would be one of those prognosticators, but I really, really, really enjoy it when our boys are able to beat a top-notch team, esp. Gilmer. And that's with much respect, folks.

waterboy
10-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Even if Argyle went DII, the prognosticators would still have Gilmer as being the favorite. I would be one of those prognosticators, but I really, really, really enjoy it when our boys are able to beat a top-notch team, esp. Gilmer. And that's with much respect, folks.

I agree. It's always one of those matchups that you KNOW will be a slobberknocker between two fine programs. If Argyle does indeed go D1, we will miss our annual slugfest. I know Argyle will be a definite player in either division, and wouldn't be surprised at all to see them win it all in D1.

buckeyebob
10-16-2013, 08:23 AM
and it was our turn to win

waterboy
10-16-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be Argyle against Kilgore in the Regional Finals in D1. We'll see how good Kilgore is November the 8th. We'll probably have a better gauge then.

hollywood
10-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm pretty sure it'll be Argyle against Kilgore in the Regional Finals in D1. We'll see how good Kilgore is November the 8th. We'll probably have a better gauge then.

Yep... and I'm planning to make this match up! Just gotta find 2-3 others slower than me. ;) Don't wanna get stuck out in the sticks in those neck of the woods, know what I mean? Banjo dualing deliverance kinda stuff happens out there. :eek:

buckeyebob
10-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Yep... and I'm planning to make this match up! Just gotta find 2-3 others slower than me. ;) Don't wanna get stuck out in the sticks in those neck of the woods, know what I mean? Banjo dualing deliverance kinda stuff happens out there. :eek:

Noew we are back to the squealing pig thing.

hollywood
10-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Noew we are back to the squealing pig thing.

Hey, listen here jack! When you're used to WIDE open spaces, the woods kinda give a man the wide eyes look. Know what I mean? Deer in the head lights kinda look. :eek: