PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Burnet..........How likely is an upset?

mattv12
11-23-2003, 02:52 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on this subject?

I think that if Sinton pressures the QB the secondary is likely to give Mcgee fits. We would also have to wait and see if Burnet can pass in rain since that is what is forcasted for Friday. Burnet D was strong but im sure that the coaches from Sinton have a pretty good plan on how to put points on the board.

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 02:56 PM
didnt you just make a topic about burnet vs. sinton???

Ray_BearKat
11-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Come on 3afan2K3, there can never be too many Burnet topics.

turbostud
11-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Good one RayBearkat. :D thought I was the only one who felt that way.

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 03:07 PM
3afan2K3:
didnt you just make a topic about burnet vs. sinton???As if you didn't once have this problem! :p :D

Dink&dunk7
11-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Burnet 45
Sinton 21

bulldogvet85
11-23-2003, 04:56 PM
how likely is an upset? well hold on let me ponder this for a sec ......................uh well sorry not likely. sinton is a talented team but really i think that burnet has got this one. nothing against sinton and all but I think that wharton prolly would have beaten them. We already know that burnet can throw in the rain they have had to do that several times this year already. burnet finds away to make things happen and they should that against wharton that they are a very hard force to stop and mess with.

whtfbplaya
11-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Burnet by 50 if they leave the starters in the whole game.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the confidence in us.

jason
11-23-2003, 10:06 PM
i predict mcghee will have trouble throwing in the 25-30 mph constand Corpus Christi wind...that will result in 3 more interceptions and a close game in which SINTON WINS BY 2

sinton66
11-23-2003, 10:22 PM
From your mouth to God's ears!!! :D :D

jason
11-23-2003, 10:22 PM
sinton66:
From your mouth to God's ears!!! :D :D i thought you might like that...

raider red 2000
11-24-2003, 08:34 AM
i have not seen sinton play..i have seen burnet in several games....i think that burnet is the real deal...they are very talented and seem to play every second of every down....i am not sure what the coaches do to keep the kids focused, but what ever it is works. it seems like in a couple of games that the game is actually a game. while burnet is up by four td's. what i mean is that they find ways of taking advantage of others mistakes....or maybe they cause the others mistakes..who knows. i think that in order for sinton to win they will ne to mix up their defenses and try to pressure on mcgee....wharton got to him some...as for scoring about 6 td's i am nopt sure how sinton will do it. good luck to both teams.

playa 3
11-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Having just watch Burnet play against Wharton, I don't think there is anyone left who can play with them the entire game. I honestly think Wharton was the only team that could have a legitimate chance to pull an upset. The rest of the teams left, SORRY, your seasons are about to be done after Burnet.

29east
11-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Now do you understand Playa???? That was our worst game of the season.

beefy
11-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Let's look at the Sinton game analytically. Sinton has a good group of young players that can play ball. The down side is they are all young. Wharton was a very talented team and gave Burnet a serious challenge throughout the ballgame. I don't believe Sinton has the experience in their playmakers to upset Burnet. They must find a way to disguise coverage and bring pressure. They haven't had to do that all year. So unless they have been working on and not a showing a that kind of defense, they will have to change everything they do to get the job done. When you change everything you have taught throughout the year you are bound to make mistakes. Burnet has seen every kind of pressure defense you can imagine. I see Burnet scoring early and often. Sinton is a good team but they just don't have the horses this year.
To the Wharton Tigers, you guys are awesome. I truly think had you guys won the game you could be sitting in the championship game. You kids are truly talented and they played extremely hard. Great job coaches, players, and community of Wharton.

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 11:10 AM
I don't think the Sinton fans will be upset at all if they beat Burnet. :D :D :D

whrtntig1
11-24-2003, 11:12 AM
On behalf of everyone here in Wharton, thank you! I just wish we had the fan support Burnet has!

JCM
11-24-2003, 11:22 AM
The Burnet team, coaches, and fans are hot about being tooled around by the Sinton admin on the game time and site. It will be take no prisoners by Burnet. Burnet by 40.

44INAROW
11-24-2003, 11:39 AM
JCM:
The Burnet team, coaches, and fans are hot about being tooled around by the Sinton admin on the game time and site. It will be take no prisoners by Burnet. Burnet by 40.What a bunch of hookey. Play where the game is set to be played and be glad you are still in the playoffs.

whrtntig1
11-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Hey Burnet! Just beat Sinton by more than 33 :D :D :D :D :D

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Burnet offense is just too powerful. They keep you guessing on what they will do and have such good recievers. The defense is faster and more experienced than last year. Plus, I know that the Burnet people are ticked on going to Corpus while Sinton has to drive 30 minutes and the stupid Corpus policy of reserving all tickets to get in. Check out what the Burnet admin said that Sinton was trying to make it as "un-accomdating as possible". The only way Burnet losses is if McGee and Shipley got injured. Burnet is going to take out all that frustration on that field Friday.

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Wharton played their heart out, but Burnet was just too good. I bet you anything that Wharton could beat Sinton. Like I said many times before the only way Burnet loses is if they beat themselves. That almost happened in the early second quarter then they got their act together.

xpirate79
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Good question. Perhaps an upset is unlikely, however it is not out of the question. Many favored teams have fallen over the years. Anything can happen on the football field during the 48 minutes of play. I just hope for a good game and honest play. Good luck to both teams. See you at Buc Stadium.

District303aPastPlayer
11-24-2003, 12:29 PM
mwisnews:
The only way Burnet losses is if McGee and Shipley got injured. okay, now read your sig, and read this line of your post...

playa 3
11-24-2003, 12:38 PM
29east,Burnet played the worst game of the season because of the Tigers. The defensive pressure got to Mcgee. Say what you want about how bad the bulldogs may have played, that was caused by a good Wharton team.

PAINTBALL
11-24-2003, 01:38 PM
sinton66:
From your mouth to God's ears!!! :D :D You and Jason can continue with your dreams of beating Burnet. This week is Sinton's turn for their dream to turn into a nightmare. This game is over by half-time. Burnet by 30+

BulldogGrl64
11-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Sorry Sinton, but Burnet will be the team advancing to the next round in the playoffs.

sinton 1316
11-24-2003, 03:38 PM
PAINTBALL:

sinton66:
From your mouth to God's ears!!! :D :D You and Jason can continue with your dreams of beating Burnet. This week is Sinton's turn for their dream to turn into a nightmare. This game is over by half-time. Burnet by 30+this is a PRIME example of why all the posts about burnet lately have been asking are they big headed and subjects similar to that
its one thing to predict your team is going to win by 30+
its another thing to say your dreams are going to turn into a nightmare
theres a lot of good people from Burnet, and I want to thank you for not being jack a$$es
i hope sinton wins if not for any other reason that to shut some people up
i predict sinton winning by 5-10 points with no one scoring over 30 points

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 03:44 PM
jason:
i predict mcghee will have trouble throwing in the 25-30 mph constand Corpus Christi wind...that will result in 3 more interceptions and a close game in which SINTON WINS BY 2If Burnet loses, I'd say it won't have anything to do with the wind. We played in Victoria last weekend, and the wind was terrible!!! Huge gusts- just ask anyone that was there. No doubt though, that is what Sinton is hoping for... and you too, apparently. What wrong- are you afraid of the big bad dogs Jason??? That's okay, I'm a little scared of the jackrabbits! :D

raider red 2000
11-24-2003, 03:57 PM
after seeing burnet in several games i now understand how they contunuously blow teams out. they cover every aspect of the game and their kids know that they are going to win. there offense is not great because of the scheme....it is because of hard work by the staff and the kids...i am sure that the kids and staff in sinton are working hard, but i don think that they willhave much of a chance. i think that sinton must force about 6 bulldog turnovers to be in the game. it seems to me that burnet thrives on momentum. turn overs are momentum changers...at any level...they are very successful at taking the ball away and dont give it up much. sinton must hold on to the ball with both hands in orer to prevent those bulldogs from stripping it away....this is one of the many things that hurt the tigers on saturday. it could be a good game, but it think that burnet is too good.

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 03:58 PM
District303aPastPlayer:

mwisnews:
The only way Burnet losses is if McGee and Shipley got injured. okay, now read your sig, and read this line of your post...That's too funny!!!LMAO :D :D :D

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 03:59 PM
44INAROW:

JCM:
The Burnet team, coaches, and fans are hot about being tooled around by the Sinton admin on the game time and site. It will be take no prisoners by Burnet. Burnet by 40.What a bunch of hookey. Play where the game is set to be played and be glad you are still in the playoffs.Sorry, if I sound like a witch I mean... here goes.

Burnet fans have to drive THROUGH Sinton to get to Corpus, how stupid is that? And if that weren't enough- we got the tickets today at the Administration building... Sinton will not accept our UIL passes, and all seating is RESERVED. So Burnet fans have to purchase tickets BEFORE the game, at the Admin building in Burnet. The city paper comes out Wednesday, but went to press this morning, so we have no way of advertising this... and people are saying that they will not even let them purchase tickets at the game. (I hope this isn't true- it could cause a riot) Kids can't sit with their parents unless they have purchased a reserved seat which is $2.00 more than a student ticket. If you purchase student tickets for your 5 year old, they have to sit in the student section in what I understand is a very ROUGH area of Corpus. So I'm taking 3 kids on a 4 and a half hour road trip to HADES...and then having to sit with a hormonal 12 year old who wants to go and see her "friends."

Waiting in line at the admin office... I saw my brother WAY ahead of me in line, and he graciously bought me 7 tickets- it is crazy!!!~~~

The Sinton coaches would not even TRY to accomodate the Burnet team at all, and are making this as difficult on the fans as possible in hopes of us only bringing a few fans as opposed to the numbers we usually bring. So guess what. I hope we SMASH them into tiny pieces and leave all of our starters in the entire game, and Wharton- don't worry, I think we're gonna run it up over a hundred if we can. If they are gonna make this difficult for us- then we might as well make a killing... oops, I mean a showing.

Now that I am off my soap box, I want to add a little something... good luck to the Sinton football team- just the boys I mean. I am so dissappointed in the coaches and admin there. This is not about the boys on the team, nor about Sinton's fans. I am just so angry about being jerked around. And for someone on the outside who doesn't even know what Sinton's admin is doing to us to post "a bunch of hookey"~~~anyway, it just set me off. But again, good luck to the team- do I think they have a chance? Every team has a chance.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 04:09 PM
playa 3:
Having just watch Burnet play against Wharton, I don't think there is anyone left who can play with them the entire game. I honestly think Wharton was the only team that could have a legitimate chance to pull an upset. The rest of the teams left, SORRY, your seasons are about to be done after Burnet.Yeah you're right! Forney and Gainesville are playing horrible right now!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Buckeye80:

playa 3:
Having just watch Burnet play against Wharton, I don't think there is anyone left who can play with them the entire game. I honestly think Wharton was the only team that could have a legitimate chance to pull an upset. The rest of the teams left, SORRY, your seasons are about to be done after Burnet.Yeah you're right! Forney and Gainesville are playing horrible right now!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Buckeye, you're right. I am a little more than worried about Forney & Gainesville. eek!

LogieJoeBean001
11-24-2003, 04:24 PM
I hope we SMASH them into tiny pieces and leave all of our starters in the entire game, and Wharton- don't worry, I think we're gonna run it up over a hundred if we can. If they are gonna make this difficult for us- then we might as well make a killing... oops, I mean a showing.

Good luck to you guys, Burnet! I believe you guys will be in the State Championship game in the end and will take it all!

This didn't come out like it was supposed to, oops.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Buckeye80:

District303aPastPlayer:

mwisnews:
The only way Burnet losses is if McGee and Shipley got injured. okay, now read your sig, and read this line of your post...That's too funny!!!LMAO :D :D :D LMAO :D :D :D

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-24-2003, 05:11 PM
HotDawg89:

Buckeye80:

playa 3:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Buckeye, you're right. I am a little more than worried about Forney & Gainesville. eek! yeah I think forney and gainsville will be some good games and especially if they are against burnet

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
11-24-2003, 07:07 PM
This post is for Sinton1316. you just need to chill out. Enjoy the game. I am from Wharton but I really enjoyed watching Burnet and Wharton play. Both teams fought hard. Sinton has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the game. So just kick back and enjoy watching Burnet play superior ball. Its also fun to watch a good Sinton player make a great play. See where I am going with this. Have fun. Burnet by 40 is probably just about right. Bye

Sintonz_Wrecken
11-24-2003, 07:14 PM
We aint worried believe that .. WE ARE THE UNDERDOGS we aint got sh*t to lose .. Burnet on the other hand does .. right ..?

sinton66
11-24-2003, 07:51 PM
What in the world is the matter with you people on this ticket thing? I promise you, if I pay for a reserved seat and walk to it only to find your kid sitting beside you in my seat, I'm not gonna like it. Obviously we are expecting a huge crowd that we're going to have to accomodate. If the seating was NOT reserved you Burnet people might have had to get there VERY early to get a seat. Did you THINK about that?? Or are you more interested in bashing Sinton?

bulldogman
11-24-2003, 08:15 PM
I would never be for humiliating a group of high school boys who played hard to get to where Sinton is now. But if not for the players and fans I would be all for bashing a coaching staff that has no class or sportsmanship. These are not professionals they are kids who want to play football with their families and friends present. Many of which will not be able to for a variety of reasons due to the scheduling of this game. I believe Burnet could hang a 100pts on Sinton if they want to. But I hope our coaches show their class and sportsmanship in spite of the Sinton staff.

sinton66
11-24-2003, 08:18 PM
bulldogman:
I would never be for humiliating a group of high school boys who played hard to get to where Sinton is now. But if not for the players and fans I would be all for bashing a coaching staff that has no class or sportsmanship. These are not professionals they are kids who want to play football with their families and friends present. Many of which will not be able to for a variety of reasons due to the scheduling of this game. I believe Burnet could hang a 100pts on Sinton if they want to. But I hope our coaches show their class and sportsmanship in spite of the Sinton staff.Oh yeah, yall have WAYYYYY more class than anybody in Sinton. Yeah, I can see that. Jeez...

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

bulldogman
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Sinton66 I never said we had more class than anyone in Sinton. You are a stand up guy. I met you at the Wharton game. I said your administration showed no class in this. I think even you would agree this is not right. You have great young men and a great fan base. I really don't dislike your coaches. But they should have been better sports about this. For the sake of Burnet players and their own players as well.

sinton 1316
11-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Bestdamsportsshowperiod:
This post is for Sinton1316. you just need to chill out. Enjoy the game. I am from Wharton but I really enjoyed watching Burnet and Wharton play. Both teams fought hard. Sinton has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the game. So just kick back and enjoy watching Burnet play superior ball. Its also fun to watch a good Sinton player make a great play. See where I am going with this. Have fun. Burnet by 40 is probably just about right. Byedont tell me i need to chill out
my post was not half as bad as some of the posts ive been reading
btw, hell is freezing over friday at 3
and i wanted to say spaniard, i hope none of my postings offend you, you are by far the classiest person on the downlow IMHO
good luck to both teams
go pirates!