PDA

View Full Version : Will Gainesville be able to run on Wylie?

Chris Hart
12-01-2003, 09:15 PM
I don't know much about these teams, but I do know Wylie knocked off Everman and that made me take notice of them. Gainesville has rolled all year. I noticed that Wylie only gave up 60 yds rushing on 30+ attempts to Snyder this past weekend, and after knocking off the Everman rushing juggernaut, does anyone think Gainesville will have a problem running on Wylie? Most think this game will be all Gainesville, but that Wylie run defense has caught my eye. eek!

Adidas410s
12-01-2003, 09:30 PM
The only team to have a lot of success running the ball has been Graham. Wylie held Aledo to 104 yds on 36 carries, Ballinger to 60 yds on 26 carries, Everman to 195 yds on 43 carries, and Snyder to 72 yards on 32 carries. I cant find the stats from the Graham playoff game but I know that they didnt run for as many yards in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. They ran for 250+ in the regular season but it was considerably less in the playoffs. Wylie's run defense has been really tough these last few weeks and if it stays that way on Friday then they definitely have a chance! I am pumped cuz I get to a playoff game FINALLY!!! GO DAWGS!

1DAWG
12-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey adidas, glad to here you are making the game. Graham had 143 yards on 50 carries in the Bi-district game. Wylie defense has been playing great! Even with the few big games during the season, the Wylie defense is only allowing 4 yds per carry. Gainesville has a high powered offense but Wylie does too.
FYI-there are charter buses for the fans if you are interested!

bubba_chuck_34
12-01-2003, 10:17 PM
Yea Graham ran all over Wylie in the playoffs too. 55 attempts for 242. Im not going to say anything about the game b/c it just pi$$es me off. Good job Wylie for getting this far. Farther than we have been in a long time, but G'ville will be able to run against yall. Their O-line is dominant and they got Purvey at RB Once he breaks the D-line Wylies secondary won't be able to catch him. Wylie has been playing good ball and been able to play mistake free and take advantage of other teams. Has the possibility of a good game. If G'ville plays like they did against Forney.

Adidas410s
12-01-2003, 10:20 PM
1DAWG:
Hey adidas, glad to here you are making the game. Graham had 143 yards on 50 carries in the Bi-district game. Wylie defense has been playing great! Even with the few big games during the season, the Wylie defense is only allowing 4 yds per carry. Gainesville has a high powered offense but Wylie does too.
FYI-there are charter buses for the fans if you are interested!What is the cost on the charter and time they are leaving? I was planning on just riding with two other guys up there but if its cheap enough I might look into doing that instead! Thanks!

1DAWG
12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Charter is $20 and leaving about 1:30 from Wylie High School.

bulldogwrx
12-01-2003, 11:49 PM
hey yall, im from wylie...it will be a tough game for us...and if we win(which is gunna happen)burnet and jasper are also very good teams...but like sandifer says "theres four teams left everyones good" sooo it will be a hard fought battle friday night at birdville....and we will be on top..

BH

jason
12-02-2003, 12:22 AM
1DAWG:
FYI-there are charter buses for the fans if you are interested!gainesville doesnt have a high powerd offense..there offense is based on whether or not purvey can break for a long run...

Adidas410s
12-02-2003, 01:01 AM
1DAWG:
Charter is $20 and leaving about 1:30 from Wylie High School.I bet at 20 I would definitely be the youngest person on there not riding with their parents! :p

Keith7
12-02-2003, 01:15 AM
jason:

1DAWG:
FYI-there are charter buses for the fans if you are interested!gainesville doesnt have a high powerd offense..there offense is based on whether or not purvey can break for a long run...That must mean that Forney didnt havea high powered offense either.. look at these stats for some individual players on each team of the 2 key offensive posistions..

Running backs: Terrius Purvey ( Gainesville )- 188-1685-29tds; Baylen Laury (Forney)- 222-2229-36tds.. Laury has 2 games worth of carries more then Terrius, seems like Forney might depend on Laury alittle bit more...

Quarterbacks: Chris Brown (Gainesville)- Passing: 79-154-2 1325 yards 14tds. Rushing: 75-530-6tds; Caleb Hanie ( Forney)- Passing: 79-132-3 1464yards 22tds. Rushing: 59-254-3tds.. More Passing and rushing attempts plus more rushing yards for Chris Brown of Gainesville, seems like forney is still leaning on Laury..

Those are just some random stats that show if Jason truly believes that Gainesville is so 1 dementional, that maybe he should think the same about his own team since they depend on laury more then Gainesville depends on Terrius..

The fact that Forney couldnt do much of anything after the second half when the Gainesville defense held laury in check should be enough, and the fact that Forney held Terrius to his lowest rushing total during the playoffs but Chris Brown was able to get a passing game going and Gainesville still came out on top should have been enough though..

I hope this helps you understand that Gainesville may not be as 1 dementional as Jason says

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Keith7
12-02-2003, 01:18 AM
1DAWG:
FYI-there are charter buses for the fans if you are interested!Will the Charter buses swing by Gainesville on the way?

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

jason
12-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Keith7:

jason:

1DAWG:
FYI-there are charter buses for the fans if you are interested!gainesville doesnt have a high powerd offense..there offense is based on whether or not purvey can break for a long run...That must mean that Forney didnt havea high powered offense either.. look at these stats for some individual players on each team of the 2 key offensive posistions..

Running backs: Terrius Purvey ( Gainesville )- 188-1685-29tds; Baylen Laury (Forney)- 222-2229-36tds.. Laury has 2 games worth of carries more then Terrius, seems like Forney might depend on Laury alittle bit more...

Quarterbacks: Chris Brown (Gainesville)- Passing: 79-154-2 1325 yards 14tds. Rushing: 75-530-6tds; Caleb Hanie ( Forney)- Passing: 79-132-3 1464yards 22tds. Rushing: 59-254-3tds.. More Passing and rushing attempts plus more rushing yards for Chris Brown of Gainesville, seems like forney is still leaning on Laury..

Those are just some random stats that show if Jason truly believes that Gainesville is so 1 dementional, that maybe he should think the same about his own team since they depend on laury more then Gainesville depends on Terrius..

The fact that Forney couldnt do much of anything after the second half when the Gainesville defense held laury in check should be enough, and the fact that Forney held Terrius to his lowest rushing total during the playoffs but Chris Brown was able to get a passing game going and Gainesville still came out on top should have been enough though..

I hope this helps you understand that Gainesville may not be as 1 dementional as Jason saysthey didnt 'get the passing game going'...they got lucky on 2 bombs...

westcoast54
12-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Jason, will you give it a rest! Gville beat you, deal with it. You don't have a clue. You said they were lucky to win, and that they only won because of big plays. I see it differently. Take away the long TD pass on the first play of the game and the long TD run in the first quarter and Forney loses 24-7. Those two plays were also over half of your total yards. Also, take away the third quarter fumble that led to your other score and you get shut out!!! Gville had over 150 yards rushing and over 150 yards passing. They are not one dimensional.

Leopards,class of 75
12-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Well said west coast. Gainesville has many weapons, they can run and pass. I have seen them play several games this year and they don't always feature Purvey. Gainesville will have their hands full this Friday, but I do think they will win.

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 11:34 PM
gainseville rolls

Keith7
12-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Leopards,class of 75:
Well said west coast. Gainesville has many weapons, they can run and pass. I have seen them play several games this year and they don't always feature Purvey. Gainesville will have their hands full this Friday, but I do think they will win.In the whitesboro game Purvey didnt even play but we still put up 44 points..

i've been to every game but 1 and i know that any player on the offense is capable of making big plays (except maybe the right tackle)

Leopards,class of 75
12-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Leopards reciever #4 Amous Ber. is one of the best recievers in the state and for sure one of the fastest! Purvey's back-up(#20) is really fast too, can score quickly.

jason
12-02-2003, 11:42 PM
westcoast54:
Jason, will you give it a rest! Gville beat you, deal with it. You don't have a clue. You said they were lucky to win, and that they only won because of big plays. I see it differently. Take away the long TD pass on the first play of the game and the long TD run in the first quarter and Forney loses 24-7. Those two plays were also over half of your total yards. Also, take away the third quarter fumble that led to your other score and you get shut out!!! Gville had over 150 yards rushing and over 150 yards passing. They are not one dimensional.i dont have a clue? ROTFLMAO

Keith7
12-02-2003, 11:44 PM
jason:

westcoast54:
Jason, will you give it a rest! Gville beat you, deal with it. You don't have a clue. You said they were lucky to win, and that they only won because of big plays. I see it differently. Take away the long TD pass on the first play of the game and the long TD run in the first quarter and Forney loses 24-7. Those two plays were also over half of your total yards. Also, take away the third quarter fumble that led to your other score and you get shut out!!! Gville had over 150 yards rushing and over 150 yards passing. They are not one dimensional.i dont have a clue? ROTFLMAOYou make fun of it because u have no response to being proven wrong

J-RABBITS
12-03-2003, 01:39 AM
westcoast, then take away our fumble inside the 20 and that takes 7 points off your score...i admit g-ville beat us and ive gotten past that...but they are not a high powered offense...at least that night they weren't...and neither was forney...getting a passing game going means being consistent all throughout the game...not a few bombs here and there...no team had any passing game at all...

and the fact is, you can't take those plays off the board...big plays is all about high school football...and you guys gave up those plays so why would you want to take them off??...i just hate people who say well take away that long play and this long play...why??...the defense gave it up...

but i think gainesville will take this game if they capitalize on their oppurtunities like last friday night...

Leopards,class of 75
12-03-2003, 07:23 AM
I agree with you Rabbit. Gainesville was not a high powered offence, I give that credit to Forney's defense. I hope everyone has a great day!

jason
12-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Keith7:

jason:

westcoast54:
Jason, will you give it a rest! Gville beat you, deal with it. You don't have a clue. You said they were lucky to win, and that they only won because of big plays. I see it differently. Take away the long TD pass on the first play of the game and the long TD run in the first quarter and Forney loses 24-7. Those two plays were also over half of your total yards. Also, take away the third quarter fumble that led to your other score and you get shut out!!! Gville had over 150 yards rushing and over 150 yards passing. They are not one dimensional.i dont have a clue? ROTFLMAOYou make fun of it because u have no response to being proven wrongwell it was the same thing for gainesvilles offense...take away the two lucky bombs, thats -1 field goal (first half) and -1 touckdown (2nd half), take away forneys fumble on the 35 yd line, thats -1 touchdown, forneys bad punt snap, thats -2 points...the only drive yall had was for the TD to start the second half when yall missed the 2 pt conversion...see, i do have a clue, and y'all need to quit sayin im hatin on gainesville, ive already said they won, forney had the mistakes and lost it...i dont know why people cant read that in other posts...

Mad Dawg 20/20
12-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Chris Hart:
I don't know much about these teams, but I do know Wylie knocked off Everman and that made me take notice of them. Gainesville has rolled all year. I noticed that Wylie only gave up 60 yds rushing on 30+ attempts to Snyder this past weekend, and after knocking off the Everman rushing juggernaut, does anyone think Gainesville will have a problem running on Wylie? Most think this game will be all Gainesville, but that Wylie run defense has caught my eye. eek! The only thing that "knocked off Everman, was Everman. As far as Wylie & G'ville goes, its a toss up.

J-RABBITS
12-03-2003, 05:30 PM
yea i agree jason...g-ville didnt put any type of drive together that game...but neither did forney...we had 2 long scores and a score that started inside the redzone...both defenses were shutting down the offenses and it was hard to get a drive together...so those type of games come down to mistakes and turnovers and forney had 2 that cost them the game...but both teams capitalized for points on every turnover...forney just had 1 more than g-ville and that cost them big time...

BigW
12-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Jason-those did not look like lucky bombs, they did not get tipped or bobbled or bounce off a helmet, it looked like poor defense by the corner and the safety.

Titans
12-04-2003, 01:27 PM
What was failed to mention here, y'all, is that Everman was a good football team...NOT GREAT and certainly not a top 10 team THIS year. Their talent level has dropped just ever so slightly. In all, Wylie beat a good team.

What they will face this weekend in Gainesville, is a team that has a fantastic shot at the state championship. They, in comparison the Everman, is a GREAT team. Forney, who made mistakes, is also a GREAT team. Unfortunately, 1 had to go.

Can Wylie beat Gainesville? I'm sure they can.

Will they? In my opinion, NO! I'm not sure too many teams can. We'll see!