PDA

View Full Version : TOC Mid-Season Playoff Projections

Matthew328
10-10-2013, 09:56 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1560023

I'll update weekly and it will be seperated out by class

GrTigers6
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
That would make GR play Brownwood 3 years in a row in the playoffs and before that 0.:crazy:

jason
10-10-2013, 10:03 AM
you think copperas cove will miss the playoffs?

SHSBulldog00
10-10-2013, 10:20 AM
A rematch in Round 2 Coldspring/La Marque. I know the Coogs would like another crack at the Trojans.

Matthew328
10-10-2013, 10:25 AM
you think copperas cove will miss the playoffs?

Cove's already lost to Killeen who I have projected fourth...they probably won't beat Midway or Temple....if they can beat Belton maybe they can force some sort of tiebreaker but that loss to Killeen really hurts

Ville-D
10-10-2013, 11:37 AM
DIVISION I

Region I
Stephenville

Region II
Kilgore

Region III
Navasota

Region IV
Gonzales

hollywood
10-10-2013, 12:01 PM
DIVISION I

Region I
Stephenville

Region II
Kilgore

Region III
Carthage

Region IV
El Campo

hollywood
10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
DIVISION II

Region I
Graham

Region II
Gilmer

Region III
Fairfield

Region IV
Port Isabel

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 02:19 PM
DIVISION II

Region I
Graham

Region II
Gilmer

Region III
Fairfield

Region IV
Port Isabel

Van is so tired of playing the Buckeyes...we just wear 'em out...hope they change this next year...move us to another area.

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 02:21 PM
DIVISION II

Region I
Graham

Region II
Gilmer

Region III
Fairfield

Region IV
Port Isabel

Are you sure about PI...don't know much about them...far, far away

hollywood
10-10-2013, 02:36 PM

Nope... it's always a wild donkey guess for me in R4. Just going off the PI team being senior loaded from a Reg finalist appearance last year. Who knows, it could be Columbus, Cuero, Wharton, Sinton, Wimberley. Someone from down in those mequites may have a lot better understanding. ;)

Matthew328
10-10-2013, 02:45 PM
PI round 3 vs. LaGrange would be fun....

1stnurseryman
10-10-2013, 06:11 PM
PI round 3 vs. LaGrange would be fun....

May be wrong but I pretty sure they'll be different Div

Matthew328
10-10-2013, 11:14 PM
If Giddings and Gonzales get in LaGrange goes D2

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Someone was asking about knowledge for Region IV? Well, I'm (sort of) your man. You may also want to ask the Sinton folks about some R4 things. But here's what I know about each division.

Bellville vs. Giddings

Boerne vs. Pleasanton

Hondo vs. Robstown

Kingsville vs. Hidalgo

El Campo vs. Gonzales

Fredericksburg vs. Somerset

Carrizo Springs vs. Ingleside

Rio Grande City Grulla vs. LaFeria

Top half of the bracket is all Bellville. I don't see anyone challenging them except for their 1st round opponent (Giddings). Bottom half of the bracket is El Campo's to lose but Somerset may give them a stiff challenge in Round 2. My "Game of the Week" in round 1 would be Grulla vs. La Feria. These teams have played each other before, Grulla won a close one 24-21. I still give Grulla the edge though, as their only loss is to Port Isabel. That Grulla vs. Ingleside matchup in Round 2 looks like it would be a pretty good game too. Don't underestimate the Gators, they're a pretty salty bunch that gave Port Isabel all they wanted. But for now, I'm seeing an El Campo vs. Ingleside 3rd round matchup with a very likely El Campo vs. Bellville rematch in the State Quarters.

Now for D2....

Columbus vs. Cuero

Geronimo Navarro vs. San Antonio Sam Houston

Devine vs. Sinton

Raymondville vs. Rio Hondo

Wharton vs. LaGrange

Wimberley vs. LaVernia

Lytle vs. Orange Grove

Zapata vs. Port Isabel

When it comes to the Devine/Lytle/SA Sam Houston/La Vernia district, I don't know a whole lot unfortunately. But here's what I CAN tell you. My "Game of the Week" in Round 1 is definitely Wharton/La Grange. Now, Round 2 has a lot of really fun possible matchups. I'm going to assume Columbus gets by Cuero (sorry Cuero folks) and say Columbus vs. Navarro in Round 2. Good matchup! Another really good possible Round 2 game is Raymondville vs. Sinton. Raymondville has already beaten Sinton earlier this year. The winner of Wharton/La Grange will probably be playing La Vernia (hearing they're good) in Round 2. And PI vs. Orange Grove....another great matchup there! Because there's so many good matchups in the D2 bracket, I can't really make a pick as to who will be playing in the 3rd round and State Quarters. It's that wide open.

HOWEVER, Matt, I know you don't know a whole lot about District 32, but I wanted to give you a small heads up. Hidalgo is HORRIBLE!!! There is a pretty good chance Progreso (yes, the Mighty Red Ants) can beat Hidalgo this year. If that happens, that all but guarantees Progreso a spot in the playoffs. They are the smallest school and will go D2 and Rio Hondo gets bumped up to D1 by the slimmest of margins. 5 kids. RH has 622 kids, PI has 617.

Old Tiger
10-11-2013, 02:35 AM

Tallest player is 5'2 all run in the 4.3-4.4 range.

1stnurseryman
10-11-2013, 03:50 AM
IMHO I believe Yoakum will make instead of Giddings

hookandladder
10-11-2013, 06:31 AM
Someone was asking about knowledge for Region IV? Well, I'm (sort of) your man. You may also want to ask the Sinton folks about some R4 things. But here's what I know about each division.

Bellville vs. Giddings

Boerne vs. Pleasanton

Hondo vs. Robstown

Kingsville vs. Hidalgo

El Campo vs. Gonzales

Top half of the bracket is all Bellville. I don't see anyone challenging them except for their 1st round opponent (Giddings). Bottom half of the bracket is El Campo's to lose but Somerset may give them a stiff challenge in Round 2. My "Game of the Week" in round 1 would be Grulla vs. La Feria. These teams have played each other before, Grulla won a close one 24-21. I still give Grulla the edge though, as their only loss is to Port Isabel. That Grulla vs. Ingleside matchup in Round 2 looks like it would be a pretty good game too. Don't underestimate the Gators, they're a pretty salty bunch that gave Port Isabel all they wanted. But for now, I'm seeing an El Campo vs. Ingleside 3rd round matchup with a very likely El Campo vs. Bellville rematch in the State Quarters.

Now for D2....

Columbus vs. Cuero

Devine vs. Sinton

Wharton vs. LaGrange

Wimberley vs. LaVernia

Lytle vs. Orange Grove

Zapata vs. Port Isabel

When it comes to the Devine/Lytle/SA Sam Houston/La Vernia district, I don't know a whole lot unfortunately. But here's what I CAN tell you. My "Game of the Week" in Round 1 is definitely Wharton/La Grange. Now, Round 2 has a lot of really fun possible matchups. I'm going to assume Columbus gets by Cuero (sorry Cuero folks) and say Columbus vs. Navarro in Round 2. Good matchup! Another really good possible Round 2 game is Raymondville vs. Sinton. Raymondville has already beaten Sinton earlier this year. The winner of Wharton/La Grange will probably be playing La Vernia (hearing they're good) in Round 2. And PI vs. Orange Grove....another great matchup there! Because there's so many good matchups in the D2 bracket, I can't really make a pick as to who will be playing in the 3rd round and State Quarters. It's that wide open.

HOWEVER, Matt, I know you don't know a whole lot about District 32, but I wanted to give you a small heads up. Hidalgo is HORRIBLE!!! There is a pretty good chance Progreso (yes, the Mighty Red Ants) can beat Hidalgo this year. If that happens, that all but guarantees Progreso a spot in the playoffs. They are the smallest school and will go D2 and Rio Hondo gets bumped up to D1 by the slimmest of margins. 5 kids. RH has 622 kids, PI has 617.

You do know Bellville has already lost one game in District and you say you do not see anyone really challenging them, also Giddings will struggle to even make the playoffs. With these kind of comments and prediction , I find it hard to beleive that you are Sort Of the man to know about Region 4. We all will know a lot more after tonight.

speedbump
10-11-2013, 06:39 AM
You do know Bellville has already lost one game in District and you say you do not see anyone really challenging them, also Giddings will struggle to even make the playoffs. With these kind of comments and prediction , I find it hard to beleive that you are Sort Of the man to know about Region 4. We all will know a lot more after tonight.

Bellville lost a district game early last year too.

lostaussie
10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
The old coach has Gladewater in over Henderson? I hope you are right......but right now I don't see it.

waterboy
10-11-2013, 09:11 AM
The old coach has Gladewater in over Henderson? I hope you are right......but right now I don't see it.

We'll get a better gauge on Henderson tomorrow night. Right now, I would have to say Gladewater gets the 4th spot, just like I predicted before the season started.

1. Gilmer / Kilgore
2. Kilgore / Gilmer
3. Chapel Hill
4. Gladewater / Henderson

I put my picks first in the order I "think" they will finish.

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2013, 09:21 AM

He was referring to the top half of the bracket for Bellville, correct?

Aggie98
10-11-2013, 09:32 AM
We'll get a better gauge on Henderson tomorrow night. Right now, I would have to say Gladewater gets the 4th spot, just like I predicted before the season started.

1. Gilmer / Kilgore
2. Kilgore / Gilmer
3. Chapel Hill
4. Gladewater / Henderson

I put my picks first in the order I "think" they will finish.

What's bad is that whoever gets the 4th spot will go into the playoffs with a 4-6 record. What's really bad is that they will probably win their 1st round playoff game.

hollywood
10-11-2013, 09:34 AM
What's bad is that whoever gets the 4th spot will go into the playoffs with a 4-6 record. What's really bad is that they will probably win their 1st round playoff game.

We'll just see how tough the district of doom is then. ;)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-11-2013, 09:34 AM
He was referring to the top half of the bracket for Bellville, correct?

Yes sir I was referring to the top half of that bracket. And I know Bellville lost, I was at that game. And I know full well Bellville should not have lost that game too.

Now....I did say that my knowledge of D26 thru D28 was lacking. If someone would fill in the blanks that would be just dandy. But I'm somewhat familiar with D25 (I live close enough) and D29 thru D32 I'm very familiar with.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Yoakum lost to Columbus by 5 points with how mnay fumbles by Yoakum 8?10? don't remember how many and Yoakum still almost won. Yoakum is I think a lot more healthy than earlier this season and their qb is about as fast as you'll get at that position. I like Yoakum chance of getting a playoff spot. Yoakum had no turnovers against Sinton the following week and kept the game close as they kept Sinton out of the end zone 4 times inside the 20 and only lost by 7.

District 30, the 4th spot is up in the air between Robstown,Rockport and West Oso. West Oso gets in and Sinton goes D1, Robstown or Rockport gets in then Sinton goes D2 that is the only thing that will change. Orange Grove will go D2 and Ingleside D1.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Bellville vs. Giddings

Boerne vs. Pleasanton

Hondo vs. Robstown

Kingsville vs. Hidalgo

El Campo vs. Gonzales

Now for D2....

Columbus vs. Cuero

Devine vs. Sinton

Wharton vs. LaGrange

Wimberley vs. LaVernia

Lytle vs. Orange Grove

Zapata vs. Port Isabel

HOWEVER, Matt, I know you don't know a whole lot about District 32, but I wanted to give you a small heads up. Hidalgo is HORRIBLE!!! There is a pretty good chance Progreso (yes, the Mighty Red Ants) can beat Hidalgo this year. If that happens, that all but guarantees Progreso a spot in the playoffs. They are the smallest school and will go D2 and Rio Hondo gets bumped up to D1 by the slimmest of margins. 5 kids. RH has 622 kids, PI has 617.Good win by Raymondville against us, Sinton could of been up 14-0 after two series but one td was called back and and they had minus yardage after 1 qtr of football , also had a fumble at Raymodville 4 yd line on a snap exchange. Raymondville has shown they don't always get off to a good start even against PI but have the team to rebound from a slow start.

Also give Progreso a good shot of winning the last playoff spot but if there is a game Hidalgo might win in district it could be that game with Progreso. When is that matchup?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Good win by Raymondville against us, Sinton could of been up 14-0 after two series but one td was called back and and they had minus yardage after 1 qtr of football , also had a fumble at Raymodville 4 yd line on a snap exchange. Raymondville has shown they don't always get off to a good start even against PI but have the team to rebound from a slow start.

Also give Progreso a good shot of winning the last playoff spot but if there is a game Hidalgo might win in district it could be that game with Progreso. When is that matchup?

I think it's week 8 they play. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-11-2013, 12:36 PM
I confirmed Progresso plays Hidalgo week 9. By that point we should know who will be making it into the playoffs out of D32, but this game should determine the 4th playoff spot as well as Rio Hondo's Division placement.

I don't see Progreso beating PI, La Feria or Rio Hondo. But they do have a chance vs. Hidalgo.

Ville-D
10-15-2013, 10:17 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1560023

I'll update weekly and it will be seperated out by class

Hope to see an update later in the week... Thanks Matt!

hollywood
10-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I just don't see Lampasas making the playoffs this season in Dist 8.

My picks from the get go...

D1
Burnet W
Brownwood R

D2
Liberty Hill W
Gatesville R

Lets see what happens

Manso/V8
10-15-2013, 11:10 AM

The Tarpons are taller than that, and none of them are 4.4 unless they got a lot faster since last year.

They are a good team with a lot of experience and I think they have that special chemistry for a good playoff run.