PDA

View Full Version : Pigskin preps top 30 toughest schedules played by 3A teams thru week 6

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2013, 09:37 PM
This list is compiled based their opponent's average power rating.

1 3A - 16 Tyler Chapel Hill (3-3)
2 3A - 16 Henderson (1-4)
3 3A - 16 Gladewater (3-3)
4 3A - 13 Paris (1-4)
5 3A - 16 Gilmer (6-0)
6 3A - 16 Longview Spring Hill (2-4)
7 3A - 8 Brownwood (2-3)
8 3A - 17 Waco La Vega (2-3)
9 3A - 18 Caldwell (1-4)
10 3A - 4 Abilene Wylie (3-2)
11 3A - 24 La Marque (2-3)
12 3A - 16 Kilgore (5-0)
13 3A - 11 Dallas Madison (2-4)
14 3A - 9 Bridgeport (0-6)
15 3A - 11 Dallas Roosevelt (1-5)
16 3A - 19 Mexia (2-4)
17 3A - 10 Celina (6-0)
18 3A - 27 Fischer Canyon Lake (0-5)
19 3A - 26 Smithville (0-5)
20 3A - 13 Atlanta (3-2)
21 3A - 20 Center (0-6)
22 3A - 19 Palestine (4-2)
23 3A - 10 Argyle (6-0)
24 3A - 2 Lubbock Estacado (2-3)
25 3A - 4 Monahans (2-2)
26 3A - 20 Diboll (0-6)
27 3A - 25 Brookshire Royal (0-5)
28 3A - 4 Sweetwater (2-3)
29 3A - 13 Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (2-3)
30 3A - 7 Stephenville (4-1)

orange machine
10-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Hmmm is Celina's schedule really that tough to be at 17???

Melissa 5-1
Crandall 2-3
Liberty Christian 3-2
Liberty Eylau 3-2
Perryton 1-5
Roosevelt 1-5

Really 17th thougest schedule?

Aggie98
10-09-2013, 11:25 PM
So 16-3A has #1,2,3,5,6, and 12?

adoptedbuckeye
10-10-2013, 06:54 AM
So 16-3A has #1,2,3,5,6, and 12?

District of Doom. Making it out healthy is an accomplishment in itself, much less winning it...

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Jeez...the Stephenville crew seems to think they should #1, #2, & #3...what happened to that?...#30...must be several on their list that don't even have a pulse. Oh well, I'll let Carthage, Kilgore, Chapel Hill, & Hennason worry about that...they are all Big Boys.
Based on this, making it out of the District of Doom is like a State Champ game every Friday Night (or in our case, Saturday night this week.
Cream Puffs...

lostaussie
10-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Gonna venture to say............Henderson moves into the #1 spot after this week:D

hollywood
10-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Jeez...the Stephenville crew seems to think they should #1, #2, & #3...what happened to that?...#30...must be several on their list that don't even have a pulse. Oh well, I'll let Carthage, Kilgore, Chapel Hill, & Hennason worry about that...they are all Big Boys.
Based on this, making it out of the District of Doom is like a State Champ game every Friday Night (or in our case, Saturday night this week.
Cream Puffs...

Keep tooting your own horn big boy. This list is subjective as anything else on this site. You've been around long enough to figure that one out, huh? ;)

Last season, Stephenville faced the best East Texas had to offer in 3A. Dominated them. We'll see if they can make it out of the toughest Reg in the state (Reg 1 ;))this season and see who steps up to the plate from East Texas.

adoptedbuckeye
10-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Keep tooting your own horn big boy. This list is subjective as anything else on this site. You've been around long enough to figure that one out, huh? ;)

Last season, Stephenville faced the best East Texas had to offer in 3A. Dominated them. We'll see if they can make it out of the toughest Reg in the state (Reg 1 ;))this season and see who steps up to the plate from East Texas.

I believe Kilgore lost a game before they played Stevenville

hollywood
10-10-2013, 09:16 AM
I believe Kilgore lost a game before they played Stevenville

By 4 pts... game could've gone the other way? If Kilgore played Gilmer again after there first meeting, would Gilmer be guaranteed to beat them again? They were the best East Texas had to offer in D1. Don't get your feelings all hurt ab. That was last year. Let's see who has the best this season. ;)

hollywood
10-10-2013, 09:17 AM
By 4 pts... game could've gone the other way? If Kilgore played Gilmer again after there first meeting, would Gilmer be guaranteed to beat them again? They were the best East Texas had to offer in D1. Don't get your feelings all hurt ab. That was last year. Let's see who has the best this season. ;)

And it's Stephenville not Stevenville. Must be the East Texas coming out in you. :D

jason
10-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Don't worry, Stephenvilles strength of schedule is going to plummet over the next 4 weeks...

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Hmmm is Celina's schedule really that tough to be at 17???

Melissa 5-1
Crandall 2-3
Liberty Christian 3-2
Liberty Eylau 3-2
Perryton 1-5
Roosevelt 1-5

Really 17th thougest schedule?

This list is based on your opponent's power rating not win-loss record. Here is the top ten
based on win-loss, which means nothing because anyone can chalk up wins against weak teams.

1 3A - 10 Aubrey (1-5) opponent's record (42-17)
2 3A - 9 Bridgeport (0-6) opponent's record (40-18)
3 3A - 11 Dallas Roosevelt (1-5) opponent's record (40-17)
4 3A - 31 Lyford (1-5) opponent's record (37-20)
5 3A - 10 Carrollton Ranchview (3-2) opponent's record (36-20)
6 3A - 19 Mexia (2-4) opponent's record (36-20)
7 3A - 12 Anna (1-5) opponent's record (36-23)
8 3A - 12 Bonham (2-4) opponent's record (36-23)
9 3A - 32 Hidalgo (2-4) opponent's record (35-21)
10 3A - 10 Frisco Lone Star (5-1) opponent's record (35-22)

58 3A - 10 Celina (6-0) opponent's record (29-27)

This list is subjective as anything else on this site.

You do realize the list is based on a power rating system and not someone's opinion right? lol

hollywood
10-10-2013, 09:46 AM
This list is based on your opponent's power rating not win-loss record. Here is the top ten
based on win-loss, which means nothing because anyone can chalk up wins against weak teams.

You do realize the list is based on a power rating system and not someone's opinion right? lol

Yes SR... I was just pokin the adopted buckeye a little. ;)

hollywood
10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Don't worry, Stephenvilles strength of schedule is going to plummet over the next 4 weeks...

Big time... Comp in the next 4 games for the Ville will drop.

Oops, did I type that? Avarillo, if you read this, get ready for your butt whoopin' after the Ville takes care of the mighty Glen Rose Tigers. Remember, it will be homecoming night when the mighty Injuns come to the Ville on the 18th. ;)

adoptedbuckeye
10-10-2013, 09:55 AM
And it's Stephenville not Stevenville. Must be the East Texas coming out in you. :D

Damn autocorrect! Yes I do agree that game could have gone either way, and I think this year's game will be huge since Kilgore wants revenge and Gilmer wants to keep that district championship.

GrTigers6
10-10-2013, 09:57 AM
I would be willing to bet there are not many other schedules that match ours last week and this week. Tough two weeks for us #8 then # 5:crazy1:
But that is better than padding stats and getting wins from smaller schools like some do.

Aggie98
10-10-2013, 10:04 AM

Last season, Stephenville faced the best East Texas had to offer in 3A. Dominated them.

Dominated us? Since when does 10 pts = domination? Pretty sure our "old-fashioned" offense put up more yards (500+) than that vaunted S'ville offense did. And if you want to talk about points... we had a 70-yd TD run called back, a dropped pass in the endzone, a FG that hit the upright, and 2 lost fumbles inside our own 20. Dominated. SMDH.

jason
10-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Dominated us? Since when does 10 pts = domination? Pretty sure our "old-fashioned" offense put up more yards (500+) than that vaunted S'ville offense did. And if you want to talk about points... we had a 70-yd TD run called back, a dropped pass in the endzone, a FG that hit the upright, and 2 lost fumbles inside our own 20. Dominated. SMDH.

dominated? no, far from it.
beat? yup.

hollywood
10-10-2013, 10:20 AM

Dude.. I was being sarcastic. ;) lol

But Sville did dominate the first 5 minutes. What was it... 21-0 in the first 5 minutes? lol

It's okay, Stephenville made some mistakes as well and had a few penalties called. AJ Davis made a great INT that would have lead to another scoring drive for the Ville. So the score could have been worse. Again... shoulda coulda woulda.

It's all good now. Would be cool if they met in the semi's again.

Aggie98
10-10-2013, 10:27 AM

But Sville did dominate the first 5 minutes. What was it... 21-0 in the first 5 minutes? lol

It's okay, Stephenville made some mistakes as well and had a few penalties called. AJ Davis made a great INT that would have lead to another scoring drive for the Ville. So the score could have been worse. Again... shoulda coulda woulda.

Oh yeah, I can agree that Sville dominated the first 5 minutes. And honestly, 21-0 didn't seem quite as dire to me as 35-10 did. If they do meet again this year, all I ask for is a better start, lol. The rest will take care of itself.

waterboy
10-10-2013, 10:29 AM

That's what I was about to say. Dominated? No. Beat? Yes. That game could've gone either way, too.

For the record, though, Gilmer beat Kilgore in the last game of the season 20-14. That's actually 6 points, and Gilmer was just starting to get rolling. We were young last year, with mostly juniors and sophomores starting, along with a freshman or two.

And, Stephenville wouldn't have beaten Navasota last year, either, in my opinion. They may have scored more points than Gilmer did, but I think Navasota would've scored more points on Stephenville than they did on Gilmer. Sorry, 'Jacket fans, but that's the truth, in most people's opinion.

refereedoc
10-10-2013, 10:30 AM
How do they know what Mexico and Florida teams strength of schedule are? Just a thought.

waterboy
10-10-2013, 10:32 AM

Be careful what you wish for. I think it "might" happen again this year, and I doubt it'll start out the same. I think Kilgore is better this year than last, and Stephenville is not quite as good as last year. I'll go out on a limb now and say I think Kilgore will win a rematch. I "could" be wrong, but then again I "could" be right.

hollywood
10-10-2013, 10:42 AM
That's what I was about to say. Dominated? No. Beat? Yes. That game could've gone either way, too.

For the record, though, Gilmer beat Kilgore in the last game of the season 20-14. That's actually 6 points, and Gilmer was just starting to get rolling. We were young last year, with mostly juniors and sophomores starting, along with a freshman or two.

And, Stephenville wouldn't have beaten Navasota last year, either, in my opinion. They may have scored more points than Gilmer did, but I think Navasota would've scored more points on Stephenville than they did on Gilmer. Sorry, 'Jacket fans, but that's the truth, in most people's opinion.

I agree on the fact that Gilmer got rolling. But you can't say that Gilmer would have beaten Kilgore again if they played a couple of weeks later. Also, how do you know most people thought Navasota would have beaten Stephenville? Most people from Gilmer probably believe that because they were on the losing end of that match up. I believe Stephenville would have beaten Navasota. Navasota didn't see an offense as explosive as Stephenville's all season. And there are people out there who agree. But to put it honestly, Stephenville had as much of a chance to beat Navasota as Navasota had beating Stephenville. Too bad we never will get to know, huh? Debatable for eternity.

hollywood
10-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Be careful what you wish for. I think it "might" happen again this year, and I doubt it'll start out the same. I think Kilgore is better this year than last, and Stephenville is not quite as good as last year. I'll go out on a limb now and say I think Kilgore will win a rematch. I "could" be wrong, but then again I "could" be right.

Remember how Gilmer got more experience as the season went on and got to be a pretty dang good team? Same for Stephenville this year. Several players with little varsity starting experience who are gaining that experience and getting better each week. Stephenville's history shows their teams start peaking about week 11-12. I haven't seen Kilgore this year or any video either. But will try to make the Gilmer/Kilgore game this year. We'll see if they are for real or not. ;)

waterboy
10-10-2013, 10:52 AM
I agree on the fact that Gilmer got rolling. But you can't say that Gilmer would have beaten Kilgore again if they played a couple of weeks later. Also, how do you know most people thought Navasota would have beaten Stephenville? Most people from Gilmer probably believe that because they were on the losing end of that match up. I believe Stephenville would have beaten Navasota. Navasota didn't see an offense as explosive as Stephenville's all season. And there are people out there who agree. But to put it honestly, Stephenville had as much of a chance to beat Navasota as Navasota had beating Stephenville. Too bad we never will get to know, huh? Debatable for eternity.

Everyone I talked to (many who saw both teams play) said that nobody, including Stephenville, would've beaten Navasota that day in December. Yes, it will be debatable because we will never know for sure. The biggest difference between Stephenville and Navasota was on the defensive side of the ball. Navasota's offense was a lot better than most of the 'Jacket faithful think, too.

As for Kilgore beating Gilmer later, that's debatable, too. The fact of the matter is Gilmer had already beaten Kilgore in their matchup earlier, so that point is moot.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for 'cause I think Kilgore is a better team this year than last, and the results "could" be much different this year.

Ville-D
10-10-2013, 11:00 AM
How do they know what Mexico and Florida teams strength of schedule are? Just a thought.

Their strength of schedule is NA or 0

waterboy
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Remember how Gilmer got more experience as the season went on and got to be a pretty dang good team? Same for Stephenville this year. Several players with little varsity starting experience who are gaining that experience and getting better each week. Stephenville's history shows their teams start peaking about week 11-12. I haven't seen Kilgore this year or any video either. But will try to make the Gilmer/Kilgore game this year. We'll see if they are for real or not. ;)

Kind of like Gilmer last year? We were a year ahead of where we were supposed to me last year, in my opinion. We just got rolling, even with the inexperience, and got all the way to the big dance. As a Buckeye fan, we definitely enjoyed the ride, mainly because it was unexpected with all the players we had lost from the year before. We "could've" played better in the championship game, but our youth and inexperience showed in that game. Stephenville is good, no doubt, but getting to the championship game will be a little more difficult this go 'round, in my opinion. Both Gilmer and Kilgore are better teams this year than last, too.

I hope to meet ya when you come over and watch the Gilmer-Kilgore matchup. That's one game that could definitely go either way.

adoptedbuckeye
10-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Kind of like Gilmer last year? We were a year ahead of where we were supposed to me last year, in my opinion. We just got rolling, even with the inexperience, and got all the way to the big dance. As a Buckeye fan, we definitely enjoyed the ride, mainly because it was unexpected with all the players we had lost from the year before. We "could've" played better in the championship game, but our youth and inexperience showed in that game. Stephenville is good, no doubt, but getting to the championship game will be a little more difficult this go 'round, in my opinion. Both Gilmer and Kilgore are better teams this year than last, too.

I hope to meet ya when you come over and watch the Gilmer-Kilgore matchup. That's one game that could definitely go either way.

I haven't seen Kilgore this year but I'm hoping to go see them play Gladewater next week since Gilmer has that night off.

hollywood
10-10-2013, 11:24 AM

Sounds good waterboy. All I'm saying is that in the grand scheme of things, it's subjective. My view is no different than Matthew328, yours, Smoaky's, buckeyebobs, Duece's or anyother poster. Some see a lot of football. Some see less. It's a wildass guess for the most part when making picks as to who will win that week. Every single poster mentioned above has missed picking games. It's the nature of the game. You win some you lose some. What you believe will happen in a game may be different than what another believes and for different reasons. That's what makes this fun.

waterboy
10-10-2013, 11:31 AM
I haven't seen Kilgore this year but I'm hoping to go see them play Gladewater next week since Gilmer has that night off.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make that game because I have two teenagers that go to a different school down the road where my wife teaches, and I haven't made any of their games this year, including homecoming. I know that's bad, but that's probably going to be the only time other than this Friday night that I'll be able to attend their games. Plus, I doubt I would be able to go anyway seeing as how they are both teenagers and the Yamboree is such a big deal to them. I'm not about to let two teenaged daughters run around that place without my being nearby.

movethechain
10-10-2013, 11:32 AM

I listened to the Kilgore-Mt.Pleasant game. I was impressed with Kilgore puttin a whoopin on the 4A Tigers, until a week or two later, Liberty-Eylau embarrassed Mt.Pleasant.

waterboy
10-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Sounds good waterboy. All I'm saying is that in the grand scheme of things, it's subjective. My view is no different than Matthew328, yours, Smoaky's, buckeyebobs, Duece's or anyother poster. Some see a lot of football. Some see less. It's a wildass guess for the most part when making picks as to who will win that week. Every single poster mentioned above has missed picking games. It's the nature of the game. You win some you lose some. What you believe will happen in a game may be different than what another believes and for different reasons. That's what makes this fun.

This is true. It's all subjective, and opinions, and you know what they say about opinions... Nobody knows for sure what "would've" happened, then, and this year it'll all come out in the wash anyway.

waterboy
10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
I listened to the Kilgore-Mt.Pleasant game. I was impressed with Kilgore puttin a whoopin on the 4A Tigers, until a week or two later, Liberty-Eylau embarrassed Mt.Pleasant.

I think a lot of that has to do with how fragile MP's confidence is, and the injuries they suffered in the Kilgore loss, if memory serves. Mt. Pleasant is new to winning, and Liberty-Eylau is one of their rivals, too, and usually play ALL of their rivals close, including Gilmer.

Aggie98
10-10-2013, 11:57 AM

That was Atlanta, not LE. Mt. Pleasant had a lot of guys go down against us, but even without that they weren't as good as they were last year. The new QB was "chunky", slow, and couldn't throw like James. I don't care that he threw 9 TD's in a half.... he's bad. We sacked him 10 times. Their defense still can't tackle. KD Cannon is the real deal, though.

waterboy
10-10-2013, 12:10 PM
That was Atlanta, not LE. Mt. Pleasant had a lot of guys go down against us, but even without that they weren't as good as they were last year. The new QB was "chunky", slow, and couldn't throw like James. I don't care that he threw 9 TD's in a half.... he's bad. We sacked him 10 times. Their defense still can't tackle. KD Cannon is the real deal, though.

That explains a lot. I couldn't remember them playing L-E, either, and didn't look it up. Atlanta did take it to MP to the tune of 32-14. Atlanta, despite the big loss to Gilmer in the opener is not that bad of a team. I fully expect them to win their district, and wouldn't be surprised to see them again in the second round of the playoffs again.

Deuce
10-10-2013, 01:12 PM

Well, if you look back, I did win the downlow's pickem contest last year for D1 and D2. So if anyone could pick who would have won against Ville and Sota, it would be me! Lol.

hollywood
10-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Well, if you look back, I did win the downlow's pickem contest last year for D1 and D2. So if anyone could pick who would have won against Ville and Sota, it would be me! Lol.

:2thumbsup: But the question is... did you miss any picks? ;) lol

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM

Y'all would qualify as a member of the District of Doom...arrogant, presumptuous, supercilious...and y'all do a fair to meddling job of playing football...just this year, well there is Kilgore & Carthrage that will be heading your way...we will be doing a whole 'nother thing with our 16-3A District Championship trophy in tow. Good luck on handeling the East Texas Speed!

toddg
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Big time... Comp in the next 4 games for the Ville will drop.

Oops, did I type that? Avarillo, if you read this, get ready for your butt whoopin' after the Ville takes care of the mighty Glen Rose Tigers. Remember, it will be homecoming night when the mighty Injuns come to the Ville on the 18th. ;)

we have been defeated, but never whooped in the last several years...you know as well as i do..the Indians will bring the wood..

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 01:41 PM

You tell 'em!

hollywood
10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Y'all would qualify as a member of the District of Doom...arrogant, presumptuous, supercilious...and y'all do a fair to meddling job of playing football...just this year, well there is Kilgore & Carthrage that will be heading your way...we will be doing a whole 'nother thing with our 16-3A District Championship trophy in tow. Good luck on handeling the East Texas Speed!

LOL... yes buckeyebob! It comes with the territory!

East Texas has speed??? :eek: When did that happen? Kilgore looked like a buncha East Texas fightin' roosters with their heads lopped off chasing Stephenville all over the freakin' field last year. When did East Texas get speed?

hollywood
10-10-2013, 01:54 PM
we have been defeated, but never whooped in the last several years...you know as well as i do..the Indians will bring the wood..

Alvarado has wood??? :eek: I thought y'all went to graphite shafts in those spears y'all try to use. Guess that is why y'all look slower this year than the last few seasons. :doh:

:D

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 02:03 PM

Talk about East Texas Speed...we set a school record last week against Chapel Hill...93 snaps...talk about a fast paced game & was not over 'til 10:40PM

hollywood
10-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Talk about East Texas Speed...we set a school record last week against Chapel Hill...93 snaps...talk about a fast paced game & was not over 'til 10:40PM

Dayum! That must happen been an action packed game.

Ville-D
10-10-2013, 02:05 PM

Sorry, I'm getting old, and my memory is failing.... How many SC's did the District of the Doomed win last year? :wave::1popcorn:

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 02:06 PM

There will probabley be more Gilmer Orange & Black than Gladewater Orange & Black there...Yamboree time & we have a BYE

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 02:11 PM

That is pitiful.

buckeyebob
10-10-2013, 02:12 PM

Now that is even pitifuler (is that a good word? If not, should be)

toddg
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Alvarado has wood??? :eek: I thought y'all went to graphite shafts in those spears y'all try to use. Guess that is why y'all look slower this year than the last few seasons. :doh:

:D

we know how to handle flying insectshttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-114.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

hollywood
10-10-2013, 02:38 PM
we know how to handle flying insectshttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-114.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

LOL, now toddg, are you related to garciap77?

toddg
10-10-2013, 03:00 PM
LOL, now toddg, are you related to garciap77?

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/gump1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)