PDA

View Full Version : Wimberely vs bandera

bulldog82
10-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Wow, here it is wed., and WT haven't said a word about how easy this weeks game will be for them. What gives WT?

LV_Bearfan
10-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Who do you think will win?

Manso/V8
10-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Hello? Wimberley posters? Did your internet break?

catfish
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
NOTHING is ever easy in district,no smack,respect your opponent,and PLAY!! GO TEXANS!!

Gone Fishing
10-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Last year we had the same record (mostly due to some injuries and some coaches figuring out some positions) but there was never a doubt in my mind that we would win all 5 district games, although Navarro and Boerne had their chance. Against Bandera the QB came back after two games off and threw for 4 TD's and over 300 yds and the code red D came alive again, nobody ever looked back. Except for running into a good Bellville team on a second playoff round bad draw WT's would have made it to the Quarter finals in my opinion. This year I hope the 4 year district win streak doesn't end, (20 and 0 ) but I believe I will have to get a sausage wrap when I walk in the stadium and then flip a coin, because it could go either way. Wimberley probably still has a better team IMO, but they have not shown it for 3 straight games and have some QB, O-line, and secondary problems that have to be better from this point on. Hope we win and should, but I'm still flipping a coin until I see improvement and leadership in some of these areas....Go Texans, always, we need to score some damn points....

panfan
10-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Hello? Wimberley posters? Did your internet break?

This one is as dead as the Burnet v. Brownwood thread - I think there are a few teams that are VERY nervous. Wimberley takes this one. llano barely won against Bandera in week 3, and Wimberely beat Llano by nearly 2-1 in week one. Assuming both teams have improved or at a minimum maintained, then the Texans will take this one by 2 TDs.

Snotbubbles
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
WT is down, not this down though. Streak continues another week,

WT 28
Bandera 7

bulldog82
10-10-2013, 08:36 PM
WT looking tuff in the lower ranks ! BB 7th A& B lost. WT fresh having its way sort of, 0 to 16 off 2 offensive plays. Half now BB 12 vs WT 22

Gone Fishing
10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
WT looking tuff in the lower ranks ! BB 7th A& B lost. WT fresh having its way sort of, 0 to 16 off 2 offensive plays. Half now BB 12 vs WT 22

I'm not sure sure, but I think WT's next "wave" is 8th and 7th grade so watch out in about 3 to 4 years. I am going to say BD we keep the district streak going Friday night. Bandera JV not impressive and WT JV has been struggling all year. So WT's 28 BD's 14.. hope I'm right.

Tejastrue
10-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Actually, yes Manso. Computer crash. Hey GF, was your son the QB last year? lol Texans right the ship starting tonight. Go Texans!!

jackofalltrades
10-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Last year we had the same record (mostly due to some injuries and some coaches figuring out some positions) but there was never a doubt in my mind that we would win all 5 district games, although Navarro and Boerne had their chance. Against Bandera the QB came back after two games off and threw for 4 TD's and over 300 yds and the code red D came alive again, nobody ever looked back. Except for running into a good Bellville team on a second playoff round bad draw WT's would have made it to the Quarter finals in my opinion. This year I hope the 4 year district win streak doesn't end, (20 and 0 ) but I believe I will have to get a sausage wrap when I walk in the stadium and then flip a coin, because it could go either way. Wimberley probably still has a better team IMO, but they have not shown it for 3 straight games and have some QB, O-line, and secondary problems that have to be better from this point on. Hope we win and should, but I'm still flipping a coin until I see improvement and leadership in some of these areas....Go Texans, always, we need to score some damn points....

well said. last night's early games were rough for the Bandera fans (i counted 33) and they were dropping some awesome verbal bombs on the refs. i am sure our coaches have a game plan worked out that best suits the strong points of our offense. as far as the secondary goes that last rainy game appeared to just be a really flat, off night as there is healthy talent there. 28-17 Texans is my guess.

TexDad
10-11-2013, 07:59 PM
14-0 Texans

TexDad
10-11-2013, 08:03 PM
End of 1st 14-0 Txans

jackofalltrades
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Wt 14- bb 7

TexDad
10-11-2013, 08:12 PM
4 plays and 39 seconds later 20-7 PAT no good

jackofalltrades
10-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Wt 20- bb 7

TexDad
10-11-2013, 09:50 PM
33-7 in the 4th

jackofalltrades
10-11-2013, 09:53 PM
40 wt - 7 bb

jackofalltrades
10-11-2013, 10:10 PM
WT 47-7. wow

Snotbubbles
10-12-2013, 02:50 AM
About what I thought here. Bandera don't have nothing.

Tejastrue
10-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Wow people. No criticism? Nice win. What a great effort by the QB. How about the defense in the 2nd half. smh

ogg
10-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow people. No criticism? Nice win. What a great effort by the QB. How about the defense in the 2nd half. smh

I had to work Tejas, sounds like a good game.

Tejastrue
10-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Bandera has some players. They will be back and soon. I just thought it was only fair to question some that are so quick to criticize. Overall we had a decent game. Defense was stout in the 2nd half. Cerday had a great game. imo. Sorry you could not be there.

jackofalltrades
10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Bandera has some players. They will be back and soon. I just thought it was only fair to question some that are so quick to criticize. Overall we had a decent game. Defense was stout in the 2nd half. Cerday had a great game. imo. Sorry you could not be there.

i am pretty sure this is directed at me. for now i will say that the coaches had a good game plan and managed limitations well. one technical pass. Overall a very tough Thursday & Friday for Bandera.

Tejastrue
10-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Lol, and no, not really anybody in particular. Just found it very strange that absolutely no one had anything positive to say.

Gone Fishing
10-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Wimberley played much improved in most all areas. It was great to see a bunch of points on the board regardless of who we were playing. O-line looked way better imo and I heard that Blackburn can play this coming week (moved back to Wimberley) That certainly made it easier on the QB. All running backs looked good. That #44 doesn't get to run much, but when he does he always gets a bunch of yards. Once again McDorman made a couple of nice catches... D played good across the board with only one mis cue on the TD pass that looked like a blown coverage. Just like last year it was a perfect time to get healthy and start playing good. Navarro will be a tough game, but we havent lost a district game in four years (+ 1 more) why start now..... Go Texans.