PDA

View Full Version : Regional Rankings (Week 6)

SHSBulldog00
10-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Region 1

1. Stephenville
2. Graham
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Shallowater
5. Burnet
6. Monahans
7. Brownwood
8. Big Spring
9. Liberty Hill
10. Perryton

Region 2

1. Gilmer
2. Argyle
3. Kilgore
4. Celina
5. Gainesville
6. Chapel Hill
7. Athens
8. Melissa
9. Decatur
10. Princeton

Region 3

1. Carthage
2. Fairfield
3. Navasota
4. Coldspring
5. West Orange Stark
6. Silsbee
7. Lorena
8. Robinson
9. La Marque
10. Palestine

Region 4

1. La Grange
2. Port Isabel
3. Wharton
4. Columbus
5. Geronimo Navarro
6. Bellville
7. El Campo
8. Ingleside
9. Orange Grove
10. Cuero

lostaussie
10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Strange to see El Campo at 7th in their region. Not saying its not correct......just strange.

DalhartAlumni
10-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Hrmm, strange Perryton at number 10 in Region 1 at 1-5, Lost to Bushland by 14 who Dalhart whipped, and lost to Dumas who Dalhart also beat, Dalhart's only loss was to Shallowater 48-7, who Dalhart recovered the next week by beating Littlefield 27-19 who lost to Shallowater by 9.

hollywood
10-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Hrmm, strange Perryton at number 10 in Region 1 at 1-5, Lost to Bushland by 14 who Dalhart whipped, and lost to Dumas who Dalhart also beat, Dalhart's only loss was to Shallowater 48-7, who Dalhart recovered the next week by beating Littlefield 27-19 who lost to Shallowater by 9.

Through me for a loop too

DalhartAlumni
10-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Region 1 for me would look like this
1. Stephenville
2. Graham
3. Shallowater
4. Abilene Wylie
5. Burnet
6. Monahans
7. Liberty Hill
8.Big Spring
9.Dalhart
10.Vernon

SHSBulldog00
10-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Strange to see El Campo at 7th in their region. Not saying its not correct......just strange.

As far as El Campo they recently lost to Bellville who lost to Columbus so the highest EC could be would be 6 but Navarro gets the nod at 5 this week.

Perryton at #10 was my fault as I was lost at filling in a spot and Perryton came to mind. To me Vernon should be there instead. It will get corrected.

maestro
10-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Ask Columbia, being in region 4 instead of 3 is a huge deal.

El campo, wharton, Bellville, Columbus will normally have better speed than most region four teams can deal with.

But PI and Navarro have fared well running the " South Texas " offense.

So go figure????

Same for hoops. Columbia, Stafford, Royal seem to have success in region 4 vs region 3.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2013, 07:44 PM

El campo, wharton, Bellville, Columbus will normally have better speed than most region four teams can deal with.

So go figure????

Same for hoops. Columbia, Stafford, Royal seem to have success in region 4 vs region 3.Royal won it last season, who won them before, West Oso or CC Miller in basketball. Sinton does have a state basketball title in 95 to go with their 3 state titles in baseball. State Final appearance I do believe Bellville was one of the opponents on the way to the title game in football.

Pudlugger
10-10-2013, 07:51 PM

So go figure????

Same for hoops. Columbia, Stafford, Royal seem to have success in region 4 vs region 3.

La Grange, Giddings, Columbus, Sealy and Smithville alternate between R3 and R4 every realignment. The hill Country schools like LH, Burnet and Wimberley alternate between R4 and R1 as well so as for overall strength of the two regions this tends to even things out.

LV_Bearfan
10-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Is Columbia a fair example. Even they know they were actually better the last few years when they were in R4. They are just not as good. It's not the competition in this case.