PDA

View Full Version : Redskins at Cowboys

D'Highlander
10-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Can Romo keep the Offense going or does RG3 wake up this game?

bobcat1
10-08-2013, 06:48 AM
I fear Dallas will get beat like a rented mule this week since they are supposed to win.

Roughneck93
10-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I say Dallas rebounds and comes away with a win.

I hope so anyway...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/306.gif

Farmersfan
10-08-2013, 09:00 AM
If Dallas doesn't beat the Redskins pretty convincingly I'm thinking several people need to lose their jobs.......................

coach
10-08-2013, 09:09 AM
If Dallas doesn't beat the Redskins pretty convincingly I'm thinking several people need to lose their jobs.......................

I dont think so. If we win it will be HUGE/ 2-0 in the divisionis always great but even better whn your division stinks. I have never seen someone lose their job over a win. Just ask Mack Brown.

GrTigers6
10-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Problem is when RG3 is on they are pretty good offensively and our defense is pretty bad. Hopefully they will fix some things and keep up they high octane offense against their pretty weak defense. But I will definitely be looking for heads to role if we give up another 400 yard passing game.

Slick50
10-08-2013, 10:36 AM
I wonder if Jerry has gotten rid of the flip phone yet?

Roughneck93
10-08-2013, 11:04 AM
I wonder if Jerry has gotten rid of the flip phone yet?

Lol... C'mon Man!

Trashman
10-08-2013, 11:13 AM
RG3 plays his best game of the year andDallas gets hammered.......but I'm hoping it goes just the opposite.

caleb_mccaig
10-08-2013, 11:21 AM
RG3 plays his best game of the year andDallas gets hammered.......but I'm hoping it goes just the opposite.

RG3 is an average quarterback now, he'll never be what he was before the second ACL injury and that's coming from a Baylor fan. With that said, if Murray doesn't touch the ball 15+ times then Dallas loses. At least attempt to stay balanced. Whenever he gets the rock 18 or more times a game they're 11-0. Sucks for me since I have Morris and Murray in fantasy. I hope it's a run heavy game haha.

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2013, 11:21 AM

this is the nfl..win by one and it is good eenough

D'Highlander
10-08-2013, 11:30 AM
RG3 is an average quarterback now, he'll never be what he was before the second ACL injury and that's coming from a Baylor fan. With that said, if Murray doesn't touch the ball 15+ times then Dallas loses. At least attempt to stay balanced. Whenever he gets the rock 18 or more times a game they're 11-0. Sucks for me since I have Morris and Murray in fantasy. I hope it's a run heavy game haha.

running the ball vs wins stats have always been flawed... if you have the lead in the nfl, you tend to run the ball to hurry the game up. if you are losing then you pass. If the Cowboys tried to run Murray 20 times against Payton, they wouldn't have been able to score enough to keep up.

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 12:09 PM
this is the nfl..win by one and it is good eenough

Yep.

Eagle 1
10-08-2013, 12:25 PM
I fear Dallas will get beat like a rented mule this week since they are supposed to win. I'm with you, but I hope we are wrong.

D'Highlander
10-10-2013, 06:21 AM
I would like to see them play with more confidence and swagger. Maybe they don't have the guys for that.

Bullaholic
10-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Well, the Cattle Handlers (PC) vs. the Native Americans (PC) just ain't what it used to be...

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 10:10 AM
I dont think so. If we win it will be HUGE/ 2-0 in the divisionis always great but even better whn your division stinks. I have never seen someone lose their job over a win. Just ask Mack Brown.

Well although I agree a win is a win it doesn't breed much enthusiasm for the future if we can't beat this 1-3 Redskins team by a big margin. The Skins' do play the Cowboys very tough but after what this offense did on Sunday I'm thinking we better see some impressive offense against the Redskins. If we see the ineffective dink and dunk crap again I would fire the whole bunch. Jacksonville isn't the only team that can push for the #1 draft pick..... And winning this division this years should not be our goal. It's looking like a .500 record could win the division and that certainly isn't impressive at all.

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Well although I agree a win is a win it doesn't breed much enthusiasm for the future if we can't beat this 1-3 Redskins team by a big margin. The Skins' do play the Cowboys very tough but after what this offense did on Sunday I'm thinking we better see some impressive offense against the Redskins. If we see the ineffective dink and dunk crap again I would fire the whole bunch. Jacksonville isn't the only team that can push for the #1 draft pick..... And winning this division this years should not be our goal. It's looking like a .500 record could win the division and that certainly isn't impressive at all.

how the heck can you say winning the division should not be the goal? get in the play offs..record means nothing get in

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 03:09 PM
how the heck can you say winning the division should not be the goal? get in the play offs..record means nothing get in

You know what I meant TXB. Winning the division should not be our ONLY goal. If winning this division is the BEST this team can do then they should start the rebuild process.....And beating this Redskins team by only 1 point is a pretty good indicator that this team isn't going to have any success outside of the division in the playoffs. Remember that 8-8 season's are franchise killers. I strongly believe that.

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2013, 03:15 PM
You know what I meant TXB. Winning the division should not be our ONLY goal. If winning this division is the BEST this team can do then they should start the rebuild process.....And beating this Redskins team by only 1 point is a pretty good indicator that this team isn't going to have any success outside of the division in the playoffs. Remember that 8-8 season's are franchise killers. I strongly believe that.

i agree about 8-8 seasons...but to say a one point win against the Skins proves anything outside of it being a win is wrong...to much changes week to week in the NFL

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 03:50 PM
i agree about 8-8 seasons...but to say a one point win against the Skins proves anything outside of it being a win is wrong...to much changes week to week in the NFL

Yea but it does matter how you win. If Dallas goes out on Sunday and beats the Skins' by a good margin and actually looks like they have come around they will be favored by several scores against the Eagles the next week. If they stumble around and manage a 1 point win against the Redskins then I suspect the Eagles will probably be favored in the next week's matchup. Performances on the field dictates power rankings and establishes expectations. It also creates an environment within the lockerroom of expecting to perform well.... Qualtity football promotes winning! Poor and ineffective football promotes questions and self doubt-even in a victory!

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Yea but it does matter how you win. If Dallas goes out on Sunday and beats the Skins' by a good margin and actually looks like they have come around they will be favored by several scores against the Eagles the next week. If they stumble around and manage a 1 point win against the Redskins then I suspect the Eagles will probably be favored in the next week's matchup. Performances on the field dictates power rankings and establishes expectations. It also creates an environment within the lockerroom of expecting to perform well.... Qualtity football promotes winning! Poor and ineffective football promotes questions and self doubt-even in a victory!

again who cares about power rankings in the NFL..they just need to win the division...Giants win at 9-7 no one looks down on them

Eagle 1
10-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I heard the Cowboys are going to suit up a safety and cornerback on offense this week to help increase our odds in case Romo throws a pick at the end of the game.

Farmersfan
10-11-2013, 03:11 PM
again who cares about power rankings in the NFL..they just need to win the division...Giants win at 9-7 no one looks down on them

You cry anytime someone compares Romo to Brady, Brees or any other great QB to make a point so you can't compare this to the only NFL team to win a superbowl after going 9-7 in the regular season. If you don't win at least 10 games in the regular season in the NFL your odds of winning a superbowl are pretty much non-existent. That's why I said a 8-8 season and winning this weak ass division serves Dallas fans in no way except screws them out of any opportunity to improve next season. Jerry Jones has repeatedly shown he isn't willing to rock the boat very much after 8-8 seasons where he can pick 2 or 3 games and say "AND, IF, OR BuTS". The problem is this team is becoming a perpetual .500 football team.

hollywood
10-13-2013, 06:22 PM
About an hour from kickoff!!!

RG3 sucks!

:D

Roughneck93
10-13-2013, 06:43 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/cowboysskinstoilet-400x600.jpg

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Lol, collinsworth just called that INT

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Lol, collinsworth just called that INT

He sure did! Just when you see a spark of hope, Romo comes through the way he knows best

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2013, 08:15 PM
He sure did! Just when you see a spark of hope, Romo comes through the way he knows best

Lol, give him a break. That was the right read and accurate pass. Was more about luck for Washington than a bad throw or decision from romo

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Lol, give him a break. That was the right read and accurate pass. Was more about luck for Washington than a bad throw or decision from romo

True, I'm just not the biggest Tony Romo fan until he can prove me wrong

Macarthur
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Prove you wrong on what? That he would never throw an interception? Dumb.

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Prove you wrong on what? That he would never throw an interception? Dumb.

That he can finish a game. Nobody is above throwing an int...

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
86 yard punt return, nobody was gonna catch him!

Roughneck93
10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes! Harris!

Macarthur
10-13-2013, 08:37 PM
That he can finish a game. Nobody is above throwing an int...

Yeah, cause he's never done that.

Roughneck93
10-13-2013, 08:42 PM
He was down.

ogg
10-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Bend don't brake defense? Well, at least with some teams.

Farmersfan
10-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh now I see the Cowboys defensive plans!!!! Leave the middle of the field wide frickin' open for the running QB....... Why can't Dallas get a decent damn coach?

Macarthur
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh now I see the Cowboys defensive plans!!!! Leave the middle of the field wide frickin' open for the running QB....... Why can't Dallas get a decent damn coach?

I don't understand a couple of their defensive calls.

Roughneck93
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Harris again...

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Harris again...

I thought he was going to break it loose!

Roughneck93
10-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow. Awesome!

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Perfect throw on the run

Farmersfan
10-13-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't understand a couple of their defensive calls.

They better get somebody shadowing RGIII. Remember in the 1st quarter in the Red zone they vacated the entire middle of the field except for Lee and thank goodness Lee made the tackle on RGIII

defense51
10-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Cowboys D-line looks good considering the injuries!

Macarthur
10-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Defense playing pretty well considering the thin DL.

Incredible throw by Romo.

11TARPON
10-13-2013, 09:31 PM
The Cowboy defense need to hit the weight room more. The redskin running backs always get additional yards after contact.

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 09:40 PM
I think we have demonstrated the ability of the refs to throw their flags tonight.

11TARPON
10-13-2013, 09:41 PM
# 42 Church is worthless IMO

regaleagle
10-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Looks like the Cowboys have lost their momentum

defense51
10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
I think we have demonstrated the ability of the refs to throw their flags tonight.

:flaming:

Farmersfan
10-13-2013, 09:52 PM
We absolutely MUST have a drive for points here!

cougartino
10-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Gotta bad feeling about this game.

regaleagle
10-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Never count out Romo in a tither....he can be very dangerous.

regaleagle
10-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Cowboys need Murray bad here late in the game. Too much passing and the Skins are teeing off on the Oline with blitz after blitz.

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Cowboys need Murray bad here late in the game. Too much passing and the Skins are teeing off on the Oline with blitz after blitz.

Yeah, Murray is badly missed here. Romo is having to carry the team right now

regaleagle
10-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Romo waited a second too long on that one to Austin, or its a TD.

Roughneck93
10-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Nice!!!

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Defense saves the day!

hollywood
10-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm liking the rookie Randell! Runs hard!

Roughneck93
10-13-2013, 10:20 PM
That should do it.

adoptedbuckeye
Thank you RG3!!!

regaleagle
I guess RGIII thought he was throwing it away, huh?

adoptedbuckeye
10-13-2013, 10:21 PM
I guess RGIII thought he was throwing it away, huh?
Mission accomplished!

regaleagle
10-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Okay, Moss fell down is what happened.

cougartino
10-13-2013, 11:00 PM
La Marque victory - CHECK
Longhorns victory - CHECK
Cowboys victory - CHECK
What a great football weekend!

hollywood
10-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Brownwood victory - CHECK
Stephenville victory - CHECK
Cowboys victory - CHECK

:clap:

cougartino
10-13-2013, 11:19 PM
brownwood victory - check
stephenville victory - check
longhorns victory - check
cowboys victory - check
what a great football weekend!

lol!!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2013, 12:26 AM
These are the wins you need every season..1-2 games where nothing seems to work, guys get injured but you still win going away..now lets see if they can finally take that next step and win two in a row

Old Tiger
10-14-2013, 01:29 AM
RG3 needs to quit trying to be the perfect passer and take off if anything isn't there just be sure to slide. He is holding onto the ball entirely too long.

1971Coogs
10-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Brownwood victory - CHECK
Stephenville victory - CHECK
Cowboys victory - CHECK

And a La Marque win.....double check

Farmersfan
10-14-2013, 08:37 AM
These are the wins you need every season..1-2 games where nothing seems to work, guys get injured but you still win going away..now lets see if they can finally take that next step and win two in a row

I don't think this can be counted as "one of those games" TXB. The Cowboys were supposed to win this game. The games they need to pull out before this team can move on to the next level are the KC, Chargers or Broncos type games where they are in it in the end but can't get over the hump. This was a horrible Redskins team and our offense managed really only 10 points against them. The special teams and defense accounted for 21 of the points. Our QB had a 78 QB rating playing against defenders that didn't suddenly overnight become the greatest cover corners in the NFL. I said the offense could not come out with this kind of lame ass execution and they did exactly that. This is exactly why this team is consistently a .500 team. The great thing is that they did get the win in a horrible game so maybe next week it will be their week to actually play well.... But who really knows?

hollywood
10-14-2013, 09:00 AM
lol!!!!

:2thumbsup:

hollywood
10-14-2013, 09:09 AM
It's easy to break down the negatives each game. A win is a win is a win is a win. A team effort. Where one part struggles, the other picks up the slack. This was a team win. Besides that, the DL for the Cowboys were just about all backup backups! lol

Thank you Dwayne Harris!!

coach
10-14-2013, 09:16 AM
i don't think this can be counted as "one of those games" txb. The cowboys were supposed to win this game. The games they need to pull out before this team can move on to the next level are the kc, chargers or broncos type games where they are in it in the end but can't get over the hump. This was a horrible redskins team and our offense managed really only 10 points against them. The special teams and defense accounted for 21 of the points. Our qb had a 78 qb rating playing against defenders that didn't suddenly overnight become the greatest cover corners in the nfl. I said the offense could not come out with this kind of lame ass execution and they did exactly that. This is exactly why this team is consistently a .500 team. The great thing is that they did get the win in a horrible game so maybe next week it will be their week to actually play well.... But who really knows?

wow!

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2013, 09:21 AM
I don't think this can be counted as "one of those games" TXB. The Cowboys were supposed to win this game. The games they need to pull out before this team can move on to the next level are the KC, Chargers or Broncos type games where they are in it in the end but can't get over the hump. This was a horrible Redskins team and our offense managed really only 10 points against them. The special teams and defense accounted for 21 of the points. Our QB had a 78 QB rating playing against defenders that didn't suddenly overnight become the greatest cover corners in the NFL. I said the offense could not come out with this kind of lame ass execution and they did exactly that. This is exactly why this team is consistently a .500 team. The great thing is that they did get the win in a horrible game so maybe next week it will be their week to actually play well.... But who really knows?

no these are EXACTLY the games I am talking about..2-3 games a year a team that is supposed to win they struggle yet find away to win..these are the games Dallas has not been able to win at key moments of the season and yet last night did...no different than Broncos letting the Jags hang around but found away to not only win but win in double digits.

Macarthur
10-14-2013, 09:22 AM
The offense wasn't Great but they also didn't have the ball much. When you don't have the ball much, it's hard to find a rhythm.

Sure, the wash defense hasn't been good but you have to play the game that's on the field that night. And the offense did cash in on TDs after those turnovers. Thats huge that they didn't settle for fgs. I thin you're being a bit excessive on your critique of the offense, FF. Its hard to do a whole lot when the TOP is so out of whack.

Macarthur
10-14-2013, 09:34 AM
I think lots of folks get caught up in style points. Based on how some team has played then this team shoukd do this or that. The nfl is just not like that. Just win.

The Denver Jacksonville game is a perfect example. No way jax should have been that close. Pitt shouldn't be just now winning their first game of the season. Its the nfl and it just doesn'thold form like you would think. This is a week to week league.

Farmersfan
10-14-2013, 02:21 PM
The offense wasn't Great but they also didn't have the ball much. When you don't have the ball much, it's hard to find a rhythm.

Sure, the wash defense hasn't been good but you have to play the game that's on the field that night. And the offense did cash in on TDs after those turnovers. Thats huge that they didn't settle for fgs. I thin you're being a bit excessive on your critique of the offense, FF. Its hard to do a whole lot when the TOP is so out of whack.

You got to be frickin' kidding me! The Cowboys offense had 5 punts and a interception and you are excusing them from it with this crap? Of course they can't keep possession if they don't drive the football. Here are the Cowboys offenses scoring drives.
#1 -80 yards TD.,
#2- 15 yards TD,
#3- 49 yards FG,
#4- 3 yards TD.
That's 24 points, 214 total yards. A 78 QB rating. And that's also 21 points scored by the offense by driving a total of 18 yards.....

The defense wasn't stellar by any stretch of the imagination but they did limit a offense that scores 28 points a game to only 16 points as well as serve up 24 points to the offense on a silver platter.

Farmersfan
10-14-2013, 02:30 PM
I think lots of folks get caught up in style points. Based on how some team has played then this team shoukd do this or that. The nfl is just not like that. Just win.

The Denver Jacksonville game is a perfect example. No way jax should have been that close. Pitt shouldn't be just now winning their first game of the season. Its the nfl and it just doesn'thold form like you would think. This is a week to week league.

And the top of the list stays at the top of the list. The best teams in the league stay the best teams in the league and the Cowboys continue to float around the middle of the league like the other 15 teams just like them. You know the difference in the Patriots, Ravens, Niners, Seahawks and a lot of the other teams that are consistently in the hunt? The difference between those teams and ours is those teams don't believe "IT'S A WEEK TO WEEK LEAGUE"! You and TXB can take moral victories by winning games like this one or almost winning games like last week but when it's all said and done the Cowboys will once again be .500 and all their fans will be talking about all these NON-STYLISH games that didn't quite go our way! We will spend another offseason talking about moves we could have made, plays we could have run and games we should have won! In the end the only thing that wins is consistent play and very, very high expectations..

Farmersfan
10-14-2013, 02:33 PM

You have just written a recipe for ******* The Oakland Raiders!***********

Eagle 1
10-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Ware is out for 3-4 weeks, so the defensive line better pick up the slack and get a pass rush going or the secondary is going to get picked apart the next few weeks.

Farmersfan
10-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Ware is out for 3-4 weeks, so the defensive line better pick up the slack and get a pass rush going or the secondary is going to get picked apart the next few weeks.

Even though Ware really wasn't having much of an impact on the game I hate to hear this. He is a big part of the defense who are already decimated.

hookandladder
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
On Romo's TD pass to Williams in the right corner of the endzone does anyone think he was just throwing the ball up for grabs, sure look like he was throwing that ball to Witten. Even on the sideline after the catch , they showed Romo talking to Williams and from the look on Romo's face he was telling him that and laughing about it. Sure look that way to me.

Eagle 1
10-14-2013, 03:51 PM
On Romo's TD pass to Williams in the right corner of the endzone does anyone think he was just throwing the ball up for grabs, sure look like he was throwing that ball to Witten. Even on the sideline after the catch , they showed Romo talking to Williams and from the look on Romo's face he was telling him that and laughing about it. Sure look that way to me.

I thought he was just throwing it away when it happened live.
Williams is turning out to be a good player, just don't sign a big contract with him like Smiles, or he may quit playing.

hookandladder
10-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I thought he was just throwing it away when it happened live.
Williams is turning out to be a good player, just don't sign a big contract with him like Smiles, or he may quit playing.

I would have to agree , it looked like one or the other but if he was not trying to throw it away I think he was throwing it to Witten.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2013, 04:35 PM
I wonder if ff will ever say anything good about romo?

I bet if the cowboys won the Super Bowl with romo as the game MVP he'd still figure out how to be unhappy with romo

Emerson1
10-14-2013, 04:51 PM

I bet if the cowboys won the Super Bowl with romo as the game MVP he'd still figure out how to be unhappy with romo

We established long ago he would rather the Cowboys lose with anyone that isn't Romo over Romo winning a super bowl for a Dallas. He wants Romo to fail because he wore his hat backwards.

regaleagle
10-15-2013, 01:33 AM
You mean to say that not everybody agrees with FF that the only reason the Cowboys haven't made it back to the Superbowl in the past 10 years is because it's all Tony Romo's fault??? What in Sam Hill is the matter with us, LOL. Romo must have everybody hornschwaggled.

Hornschwaggled>>>when one horn goes one direction, and the other goes another direction that is not opposite...just abnormal.

Old Tiger
10-15-2013, 03:09 AM

It's not like Ware was doing much this season anyway. Dude has may 1-2 years left.

bobcat1
10-15-2013, 07:08 AM
It's not like Ware was doing much this season anyway. Dude has may 1-2 years left.I agree with that. I actually think the D-Line did better with him out.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2013, 07:15 AM
He has 4 sacks in 5 1/2 games...is he a 20 sack guy anymore..no but he can still get 10-12..and I was at the Rams game and he was in the backfield all day...and he really was sunday as well but Griffin being mobile was able to step up..again Ware is not the true force but he still is a factor

Farmersfan
10-15-2013, 07:53 AM

You set your sights too high Aggie! Perhaps Romo should just play consistently in the regular season and win a playoff game or two before you actually set your sights on a Superbowl!!!

Farmersfan
10-15-2013, 07:54 AM
We established long ago he would rather the Cowboys lose with anyone that isn't Romo over Romo winning a super bowl for a Dallas. He wants Romo to fail because he wore his hat backwards.

You "Established" nothing! What you meant was you THOUGHT! But we all know you aren't capable of that........

buff4ever
10-15-2013, 10:05 AM
The cowboy defense has played better in more games in my opinion than the cowboy offense. Just an opinion, but it is what it is. Comparitively speaking in averages amongst the league, the defense is our high point so far. The offense has shown signs here and there, mainly in the Broncos game, so hopefully they can put something together from here on. If so the cowboys will atleast have a shot at winning a playoff game or two.

Roughneck93
10-15-2013, 04:51 PM

Big loss for sure.

I'm more concerned with the amount of time Murray will miss. I hope it's just this week.

Pass blocking with Joseph Randle will have me worried vs the Eagles.

Hopefully we don't get a repeat of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FNVkntALA&sns=e