PDA

View Full Version : wylie rather unimpressive

vfunk
09-29-2001, 03:34 PM
do the wylie kids still think they are the unbeatable powerhouse they have hyped them up to be? i sure hope not. a 10 point victory over Llano?? doesnt strike me as an awesome and unbeatable team...what do some of you think?

surfspike
09-29-2001, 07:38 PM
I think Wylie better step up to the plate if they think they will beat Everman in D1. (They should have to play each other some time if both win) At the current rate at which they are playing... I would easily bet my money on Sweetwater for district.

Matthew328
09-29-2001, 10:05 PM
I don't think Wylie has been all that impressive either..but they really weren't impressive last year until the playoffs...they are getting wins when they aren't playing well and that is a sign of a good team..

whsfan
09-29-2001, 10:53 PM
Okay, I'm not one of the Wylie kids but I am a Wylie fan so I will answer the post question. The Wylie team is certainly capable of being defeated.

On the other hand, the scoreboard might be a little misleading. Afterall, the scoreboard doesn't show how many touchdown plays were called back. It also doesn't show how the defense didn't give up a single first down in the second half until the very end of the fourth quarter.

Yes, Wylie can be beaten and they need to remember that. But don't look for the defeat to come at the hands of Sweetwater or Ballinger. Especially if the Bulldogs start putting up the points they are capable of. Look for Bulldogs to tune up their game and find a way to make another long run in the playoffs.

victory11
09-30-2001, 01:12 AM
yea there were 2 touchdowns called back against llano, which can hurt. but wylie definately stepped it up in the second half only letting llano get 4 first downs. and you will never see wylie running up the score at all. i think we could have scored another touchdown if we would have kept our starters in. and wylie will definately improve as the season goes on!! they always do and they always will.

Gunn08
09-30-2001, 01:25 PM
Wylie's win over Llano was unimpressive. The score board didnt show the way the game was played though. Wylie had two touchdowns called back, and with a minute left on Llano's 10yd line , downed the ball. Wylie is going to have to pick it up, but things werent as close as the score might have indicated. Wylie will pull it all together in the open week this week and come out on fire for the district opener. In two weeks you will see a very different Wylie team. The Bulldogs will begin a steady climb toward playing ball late in December. Look for Wylie to be impressive in the district opener.

Idiot
10-01-2001, 08:32 AM
Wylie was unimpressive against Llano Friday night i will agree. Wylie players know they are not where they need to be and that there are things that need to be addressed, and them knowing that shows that they are headed in the right direction,I may also add that the Wylie coach's for SOME reason put in subs WAY to much and way to early in games, i think they are more interested in not running the score up then they are about looking good, believe me when i say Wylie will look like a totally diffrent team come District play time.

eye of the tiger
10-01-2001, 09:03 AM
teams that do well in the play-offs are the ones that were able to let subs play alot during the regular season. it can do nothing but help wylie for all the subs to get this experience. if someone gets injured there will be someone to step in and do a good job. and by the same token it helps a team t hold there injuries down. and you have to remember that every other team is shooting to knock off the good programs. its makes some mediocre teams year just to play the good teams well

Originally posted by Idiot:
Wylie was unimpressive against Llano Friday night i will agree. Wylie players know they are not where they need to be and that there are things that need to be addressed, and them knowing that shows that they are headed in the right direction,I may also add that the Wylie coach's for SOME reason put in subs WAY to much and way to early in games, i think they are more interested in not running the score up then they are about looking good, believe me when i say Wylie will look like a totally diffrent team come District play time.

superman
10-02-2001, 06:57 PM
wylie....5-0...doesnt get much more impressive than that. every football game has a winner and a loser. wylie keeps endin up winning and that is all that matters.

p.s. forney is one play away from being a very very average team. for example- blanton breaks his leg.

eye of the tiger
10-02-2001, 07:56 PM
I think Forney without Blanton would go from a great team to a very very good team. they have lots of weapons as im sure Wylie has.

deliriousmaniac
10-02-2001, 09:15 PM
Last year they were 2-3 without him.

Phil A. Sheo
10-02-2001, 09:58 PM
Boy superman, From he's gay...to a broken leg...to who knows what else you will post. Is Blanton in your dugout or what? Does he scare you? Something about a H.S. kid is drawing up some bad feelings. Maybe it's subconscience, and you don't even know it. How sad.

superman
10-03-2001, 02:05 PM
i didnt say anything bad about blanton. what happens to forney if he gets hurt??? that is what i am saying. they are a great team with him and can score a lot of points. but if he gets hurt then forney is in some serious trouble. everman has lots of talent spread out through the entire team, forney will go as far as blanton can take them.

Phil A. Sheo
10-03-2001, 04:41 PM
Well, that's where I would disagree. They would not be in serious trouble. Yeah, they wouldn't be as good. No arguement there. But they would still be a very good team. How far they could go, not sure. He doesn't play defense, so they would still be tough to score on. Remember, they run the wing-t. That's not an overly explosive scheme. Blanton just makes it that way. But I still think they could get yards, just not as many.

victory11
10-03-2001, 06:30 PM
yea not NEAR as many. and the thing about superman down talking blanton?? saying that if he breaks his leg it could kill their team sounds like a pretty good compliment to me.

Phil A. Sheo
10-03-2001, 08:46 PM
Yeah, but he made a previous comment relating to Blanton's sexual orientation that got him ROM'ed. Let's leave the kids out of those type of comments, and substitute posters. You can use me anyday.