PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs. Brownwood

Sville
10-07-2013, 05:00 PM
This is a game I will have an eye on, if Lampasas doesn't make the playoffs, then more than likely the loser will be Sville's 1st round opponent.

panfan
10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
This is a game I will have an eye on, if Lampasas doesn't make the playoffs, then more than likely the loser will be Sville's 1st round opponent.

B-wood likely has played the tougher non district schedule. If they come out of that relatively injury free, then B-wood may have the edge, simply because I suspect they have a better defense. Burnet has a high powered offense capable of putting up a lot of points, just like B-wood, but I suspect the Burnet defense may have a few more holes than that of B-wood. Burnet edge may come from Kicking game. Huff can boot it a country mile. Its gonna be close, but I think Burnet pulls this one out by a late field goal as long as their defense doesn't allow B-Wood to get more than 2 TDs up.

Bosqueville
10-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Brownwood's defense is struggling to say the least.

solocam
10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Burnet wins a close one

panfan
10-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Burnet wins a close one

I guess the Burnetians have abandoned the board. Not a single post from them on THEIR upcoming game and two from the neighbors down the way. :dispntd:

Of course, we have heard nothing out of B-wood either. I think both sides are extremely nervous about this game. And since no one gives a damn about Lh vs llano (other than LH and Llano), I can get on this thread and wax philosophical. Are the Burnetians green with envy? Puking Green? In the Green? :stirpot:

Is B-wood, sporting wood? Burning wood, roaring like a lion or coming in like a lamb? :evillol:

Have both teams said beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life here and jumped ship to s-ville?

Pudlugger
10-08-2013, 07:48 AM
I take Burnet by 13 in this game. Burnet has a powerful offense hanging 62 points in their loss to Marble Falls. MF dominated Brownwood in their scrimmage for what its worth. Agree with Panfan about the defense being the key. Isn't defense usually the prime factor?

BwdLion73
10-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Brownwood is just laying in the shady weeds waiting for District play to start so it can have its first meal. :devil:

panfan
10-08-2013, 08:16 AM
I take Burnet by 13 in this game. Burnet has a powerful offense hanging 62 points in their loss to Marble Falls. MF dominated Brownwood in their scrimmage for what its worth. Agree with Panfan about the defense being the key. Isn't defense usually the prime factor?

Thats why defense is number 1 - the ultimate prime factor. I crack my self up. For those who don't get it, let me 'splain..... ahh never mind.:ack!:

So Pud by your logic - and I like ti by they way. MF dominated B-wood in a scrimmage. Burnet lost to MF but racked up some big numbers, thus by default, Burnet beats B-wood and LH beats Burnet and B-wood (since in the scrimmage we outscored La grange). I'm diggin it.

greendawg84
10-08-2013, 08:19 AM
I guess the Burnetians have abandoned the board. Not a single post from them on THEIR upcoming game and two from the neighbors down the way. :dispntd:

Of course, we have heard nothing out of B-wood either. I think both sides are extremely nervous about this game. And since no one gives a damn about Lh vs llano (other than LH and Llano), I can get on this thread and wax philosophical. Are the Burnetians green with envy? Puking Green? In the Green? :stirpot:

Is B-wood, sporting wood? Burning wood, roaring like a lion or coming in like a lamb? :evillol:

Have both teams said beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life here and jumped ship to s-ville?

panfan - SOME of us have to work every now and then. And no there is no intelligent life form here .

This will be a close game but the Dawgs will come out on top . Just getting warmed up for the showdown with the Barney's of The Hill .

I think it will come down to turnovers , one with the least amount wins .

Now get your sorry butt to work panfan.

panfan
10-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Brownwood is just laying in the shady weeds waiting for District play to start so it can have its first meal. :devil:

From the guy who earlier in the year said:

You have no idea what is coming...we will destroy you...we have too many weapons...:)

...sorry it's been a long off season...had to do it...:cheerl:

I see what ya'll are doing - instead of that frontal attack, going in from the backside. Shifty

panfan
10-08-2013, 08:29 AM
panfan - SOME of us have to work every now and then. And no there is no intelligent life form here .

This will be a close game but the Dawgs will come out on top . Just getting warmed up for the showdown with the Barney's of The Hill .

I think it will come down to turnovers , one with the least amount wins .

Now get your sorry butt to work panfan.
I gotta work too - I'm just on mountain time!!!! Good to see you are not part of the undead yet. thought we were going to have to call in the zombie truck on this thread. And you are obviously monitoring this board - so come on - how hard are ya working g-dawg. Huh? Or is it watercooler/coffee break time.

hollywood
10-08-2013, 10:21 AM
The loser of this game will most likely face Stephenville in the first round of the playoffs. Baring that y'all take care of Lampasas. ;)

Whether it's destiny or doom, either team's fate of an early start to basketball season is in order.

:1popcorn:

greendawg84
10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
I gotta work too - I'm just on mountain time!!!! Good to see you are not part of the undead yet. thought we were going to have to call in the zombie truck on this thread. And you are obviously monitoring this board - so come on - how hard are ya working g-dawg. Huh? Or is it watercooler/coffee break time.

I always keep an eye on you . Mountain time , WTH so you start on mountain time and quit on central time . :tisk:

BwdLion73
10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
From the guy who earlier in the year said:

You have no idea what is coming...we will destroy you...we have too many weapons...:)

...sorry it's been a long off season...had to do it...:cheerl:

I see what ya'll are doing - instead of that frontal attack, going in from the backside. Shifty

;):p:D

panfan
10-09-2013, 07:10 AM
No hulabaloo, no smack, no nothin... For a game that is supposedly THE decision game on the 1 and 2 spots in 8-3A according to the prognosticators (talking heads), I find it strangely quiet. Somethings up - and both sides are keeping info close to the vest. Injuries? Grades? :sleeping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA&feature=player_embedded

panfan
10-09-2013, 07:43 AM
This will be a close game but the Dawgs will come out on top. I think it will come down to turnovers , one with the least amount wins.

So this is all we get???? There's gotta be more? Oh the humanity.

refereedoc
10-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Where the heck is Cam to stir up some stuff? The aliens from Erath county (Sville) must have abducted him, but I bet they bring him back!

panfan
10-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Where the heck is Cam to stir up some stuff? The aliens from Erath county (Sville) must have abducted him, but I bet they bring him back!

I heard something about being out of country - but I bet it was off planet. Soon as they realize their mistake, they won't even make a U-turn - the'll just beam him back to earth and keep headin' the other way. G-dawg was standing there during the abduction sucking down a cold one, and in his best dale dribble voice said, "ya'll are making a big mistake". they didn't listen.:ack!:

greendawg84
10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
How did you know that I talk that way ???? You spying on me ....
Both teams fans are waiting to see what the outcome of this game is before they talk too much smack. I am saving all of my smack just for you and factory here in a couple of weeks. :doh:

I will go ahead and say it , THE DAWGS win by 14 . I think our D is better than da woods .

I really have no insight on Bwood , maybe Hollywood can share some with us . Come on Hollywood you can let some of your secrets out , we wont tell anybody.

I dont know where CAM is either , will try to call him later today . Maybe I can stir him up !

panfan
10-11-2013, 08:16 AM
How did you know that I talk that way ???? You spying on me ....
Both teams fans are waiting to see what the outcome of this game is before they talk too much smack. I am saving all of my smack just for you and factory here in a couple of weeks. :doh:

I will go ahead and say it , THE DAWGS win by 14 . I think our D is better than da woods .

I really have no insight on Bwood , maybe Hollywood can share some with us . Come on Hollywood you can let some of your secrets out , we wont tell anybody.

I dont know where CAM is either , will try to call him later today . Maybe I can stir him up !

Well - at least G-dawg you are stepping up and showing you got a pair. Dingleberries maybe, but.... :1omg!:
Disappointing that the decision game for 8-3A is buried back a few pages and nearly no one, except g-dawg comes out and says - hey I believe in my team and we are gonna kick some arse this Friday. I'll be tuning into this one via the update page or the old interweb broadcast while I'm watching the panthers. Figured I would fill some space here instead of just typing "Bump" and it gives me a chance to rag on someone from Burnet!!! :evillol:

greendawg84
10-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks .... I think ...... :vrycnfsd:

I do think this will be a better game than most think. Also a lot riding on it , looser gets Sville first round ( unless something really weird happens ) . If thats not worth playing for I dont know what is . ( Just for hollywood )

hollywood
10-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Awefully quite on hear for being a 8-3A decision game, I agree. What has come of this game? And to make this game even more interesting, Coach Jones is from Brownwood! Good grief.

panfan
10-11-2013, 08:32 AM
What has come us this game?
Hey Holly - use engrish

panfan
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks .... I think ...... :vrycnfsd:

I do think this will be a better game than most think. Also a lot riding on it , looser gets Sville first round ( unless something really weird happens ) . If thats not worth playing for I dont know what is . ( Just for hollywood )

This will be a heck of a game - G-dawg you going? heard cam was taking a spaceship ride to south lands unknown. If you go, will you post updates?

hollywood
10-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Hey Holly - use engrish

Dang auto correct again!

There, it's fixed just for you panny.

greendawg84
10-11-2013, 08:40 AM
This will be a heck of a game - G-dawg you going? heard cam was taking a spaceship ride to south lands unknown. If you go, will you post updates?

Not going but will post updates , I made that trip last night , got home at 12 :30 . Unless I can catch a ride in the ole spaceship with CAM !

BwdLion73
10-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Well I was waiting and Coach Howard has reported that we will be near full strength with only 2 minor injuries. Temps will be in the upper 60's with a 20% chance of showers.

So with that in mind I'm confident that Burnet has "No Idea What Is Coming" "We have too many weapons and will destroy you"!

panfan
10-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Well I was waiting and Coach Howard has reported that we will be near full strength with only 2 minor injuries. Temps will be in the upper 60's with a 20% chance of showers.

So with that in mind I'm confident that Burnet has "No Idea What Is Coming" "We have too many weapons and will destroy you"!

There ya go! Now where is Beast?

D'Highlander
10-11-2013, 09:16 AM
where is cam?

panfan
10-11-2013, 09:20 AM
where is cam?

You didn't know - Cam is Gdawg's split personality when he is off the meds. Notice you rarely see then post at the same time.

hollywood
10-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Where is Looking4number8, 95mustang, trashman?

hollywood
10-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Where's TinCup?

greendawg84
10-11-2013, 09:38 AM

You better be at full strenght , dont want no excusses from ya on Saturday morning.!

greendawg84
10-11-2013, 09:39 AM
You didn't know - Cam is Gdawg's split personality when he is off the meds. Notice you rarely see then post at the same time.

Son , I wish I was that smart !!!!!!

BwdLion73
10-11-2013, 09:51 AM
You better be at full strenght , dont want no excusses from ya on Saturday morning.!

We came over and captured Cam while he was out looking for UFO's. We were going to keep him till after the game but have decided we will spot you 14 points if you will just TAKE him back!

greendawg84
10-11-2013, 10:07 AM
We came over and captured Cam while he was out looking for UFO's. We were going to keep him till after the game but have decided we will spot you 14 points if you will just TAKE him back!

No deal , ifin you got him you gotta keep him !

lv2937
10-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Burnet by 6. Liberty Hill by 18, Lampassa by 8.

footballfine09
10-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Burnet should whip Bwood. Then Bwood will be whipped by sville round 1. Burnet vs sville would be better match up

football crazy
10-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Lampasas wins a couple of district games and Brownwood goes D2 no matter the outcome tonight as long as Brownwood wins 3

BwdLion73
10-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Bwd. 6
Burnet 7

BwdLion73
10-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Bwd. 13
Burnet 07

1st.

BwdLion73
10-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Bwd. 13
Burnet 14

2nd.

BwdLion73
10-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Bwd. 20
Burnet 14

bobcat1
10-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Burnet took the lead with a field goal with 14 seconds left and Brownwood ran back the kickoff 100 yards to take the lead back 36-31

bwdlionfan
10-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Burnet should whip Bwood. Then Bwood will be whipped by sville round 1. Burnet vs sville would be better match up

Looks like Brownwood would whip Fredricksburg to me.

BwdLion73
10-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Looks like Brownwood would whip Fredricksburg to me.

I dont think he likes us...:thinking:

Eagle 1
10-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Burnet took the lead with a field goal with 14 seconds left and Brownwood ran back the kickoff 100 yards to take the lead back 36-31

Unbelievable. One of the greatest come back wins in Lions history.

Bosqueville
10-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I was able to make this game and Wow!!!! What a game. It's been a long time since I've seen the Brownwood side go that bananas!!

LionFan72
10-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Very good game for the young Brownwood Lions, Burnet played a good game, just came up short. Confidence builder, now we gotta work on some defense and things should get a little more interesting in 8-3A.

hollywood
10-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Congrats Wood!!

Sounds like it was a great game. Man, I bet Dallas Huston was going nuts on the air.

Pudlugger
10-12-2013, 12:21 AM
They shoulda' pouch kicked that ball with 14 seconds left rather than to the deep man.

Deuce
10-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Sounds like this was the game of the night. Congrats to Wood!

BwdLion73
10-12-2013, 11:16 AM
They shoulda' pouch kicked that ball with 14 seconds left rather than to the deep man.

Guess they should have. Burnet had a really good kicker though who had been kicking them out of the end zone. This kick actually went 6 or 8 yards deep in the end zone.

BEAST
10-13-2013, 04:14 PM
It went in the books as a 107 yard kickoff return for a TD. What a way to win a great game.

BEAST

hollywood
10-13-2013, 04:35 PM
It went in the books as a 107 yard kickoff return for a TD. What a way to win a great game.

BEAST

Who returned the kick?

BEAST
10-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Conner Howard caught it and handed it to Kaimon Ontiveros on a reverse. He took 107 from there. The handoff took place in the end zone.

BEAST

hollywood
10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Conner Howard caught it and handed it to Kaimon Ontiveros on a reverse. He took 107 from there. The handoff took place in the end zone.

BEAST

Wow... Man I bet that was exciting to watch!

BwdLion73
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Wow... Man I bet that was exciting to watch!

...and at that exact moment we released Cam!...

D'Highlander
10-14-2013, 05:51 AM

BEAST

one of you woodie's need to post it on youtube