Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 08:01 PM
First pass of the game...

Roughneck93
10-06-2013, 08:07 PM
That's just crazy.

99IHSMustang
10-06-2013, 08:11 PM
He now has four consecutive games with an interception returned for a TD.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 08:13 PM
He now has four consecutive games with an interception returned for a TD.

I wonder if FF would still take Schaub over Romo?

99IHSMustang
10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I wonder if FF would still take Schaub over Romo?

There are tons of Houston fans that probably feel just like the Cowboys fans right now. haha.

Roughneck93
10-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Almost another one.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Schaub just threw another INT... -_-

Macarthur
10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
There are tons of Houston fans that probably feel just like the Cowboys fans right now. haha.

You think Houston fans would take 5tds and 1 int?

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 08:27 PM

I'd kill to have romo over Schaub

99IHSMustang
10-06-2013, 08:30 PM

I guess it depends if you want the ints at the beginning of the game or at the end when you might not be able to recover. :)

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I guess it depends if you want the ints at the beginning of the game or at the end when you might not be able to recover. :)

Or both, as Schaub has shown that he's versatile. He can get us 21 in the hole or blow a 7 pt lead with 1 minute left... Whichever you prefer

Macarthur
10-06-2013, 08:32 PM

If your defense needs to recover from a 5 to 1 int ratio, they have big problems. Much bigger than one interception.

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Schaub- Romo, neither will ever lead their team to a championship. Two peas in a pod.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Draft Johnny please

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Schaub just threw another pass that should have been a pick6.... Dropped when he had a full head of steam toward the endzone

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Aaaaaand follows that one up with his 3rd pick...

Scoop27
10-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Longhorn Colt McCoy came in the to take the final snaps for the San Franciso

Manso/V8
10-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Or both, as Schaub has shown that he's versatile. He can get us 21 in the hole or blow a 7 pt lead with 1 minute left... Whichever you prefer

LMAO, painfully funny......

Saggy Aggie
10-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Schaub scored more for the 9ers than for the texans :(

More INTs than TDs this year too...

carter08
10-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Thankfully, the Texans have options:

Let Yates play. He's Schaub with better decision making.
Let Keenum play.
Let Schaub play, finish 7-9.

At that point, Houston should try to trade up in the draft. It's a deep QB draft. Hundley & Boyd will go early & are both improvements on Schaub.

Or, don't trade up. Hope Johnny Manziel falls to Houston. This is my least favorite option because A) I don't see Johnny being a great QB & 2) If he will be a great QB, it won't be for Houston or Dallas. He needs out of the state. Otherwise, we'll see his ego get in the way of any future success.

Roughneck93
10-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Start Keenum this week against the horrible Rams.

Farmersfan
10-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I'd kill to have romo over Schaub

So let me get this right. You would kill to have the 114 QB rating Romo (best of career) over the 76.9 QB rating Schaub? (second worse of his career). I guess i would also looking at how each player is playing right now. But at the end of the day when career numbers it really isn't too much of a difference between the two. Schaub has fewer interceptions and fewer fumbles but also has fewer TDs thrown than Romo. And like I said before, Tony Romo has had more multiple interception games in a single season than Schaub has had his entire career...........

caleb_mccaig
10-07-2013, 02:57 PM
So let me get this right. You would kill to have the 114 QB rating Romo (best of career) over the 76.9 QB rating Schaub? (second worse of his career). I guess i would also looking at how each player is playing right now. But at the end of the day when career numbers it really isn't too much of a difference between the two. Schaub has fewer interceptions and fewer fumbles but also has fewer TDs thrown than Romo. And like I said before, Tony Romo has had more multiple interception games in a single season than Schaub has had his entire career...........

Schaub also has had an overall better team at his disposal. Romo has never had a running game or a defense behind him. Schaub has had Andre Johnson the entire time there, and Romo has only had a dominant receiver these past two years in Dez. Personally I think Romo is the better quarterback overall, and if he was on the Texans would have already won a Super Bowl if not multiple. But that's just me.

Saggy Aggie
10-07-2013, 03:22 PM

That's because Schaub is a game manager, which he sucks at.

They turn romo loose. Yes, I'd rather have romo, and it's not even close.

Farmersfan
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Schaub also has had an overall better team at his disposal. Romo has never had a running game or a defense behind him. Schaub has had Andre Johnson the entire time there, and Romo has only had a dominant receiver these past two years in Dez. Personally I think Romo is the better quarterback overall, and if he was on the Texans would have already won a Super Bowl if not multiple. But that's just me.

That's a completely subjective opinion that really could never be correctly proven either way. And this is rehashing a old discussion from several weeks ago. Although it might be true over the past 2 seasons (and this season is still up for grabs) it wasn't even close to being true early on. Romo has never played on a team as bad as the Texans were in the beginning. From 2002 though 2010 the Texans had a record of 55-89. It wasn't until 2011 before the Texans even won more than 9 games in a season and in 10 years they had only 1 season above .500. Schaub joined the team in 2007 and the team has improved every single season except 1. On the other hand Tony Romo took over a team that won 13 games his first full season and put 11 in the Pro Bowl. He had a team that went 22 games overs .500 his first 4 seasons and has lead them to 4 games below .500 in the last 4 (including this season).

Farmersfan
10-07-2013, 03:31 PM
That's because Schaub is a game manager, which he sucks at.

They turn romo loose. Yes, I'd rather have romo, and it's not even close.

Schaub QB rating over the past 3 seasons: 90.7, 96.8 and 92 with fewer interceptions and fewer fumbles than Tony Romo. Romo has his advantages but ask yourself how many of those 12 wins last season and 10 wins in 2011 would have been lost to Romo's 2, 3 or 4 interception meltdowns? I have always said the Romo meltdown would be responsible for at least 2 games every single season. So now the Texans would have 8 wins in 2011 and 10 wins last season. I know it seems like Romo is the better choice right now with Schaub playing so badly but don't throw the baby out with the baby water. I'm not saying Schaub is better overall but I just don't see any evidence that Tony Romo would be better either....

Saggy Aggie
10-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Schaub QB rating over the past 3 seasons: 90.7, 96.8 and 92 with fewer interceptions and fewer fumbles than Tony Romo. Romo has his advantages but ask yourself how many of those 12 wins last season and 10 wins in 2011 would have been lost to Romo's 2, 3 or 4 interception meltdowns? I have always said the Romo meltdown would be responsible for at least 2 games every single season. So now the Texans would have 8 wins in 2011 and 10 wins last season. I know it seems like Romo is the better choice right now with Schaub playing so badly but don't throw the baby out with the baby water. I'm not saying Schaub is better overall but I just don't see any evidence that Tony Romo would be better either....

You act like of the texans losses, Schaub is responsible for none and that Tony's meltdowns would subtract from the texans as is.

They'd lose a game or 2 because of meltdowns but they'd also win more games on Tony's arm.

Schaub doesn't win games. He either manages them or blows it. The upside is very minimal.

Scoop27
10-07-2013, 05:11 PM
The fans and the media have been hammering Schaub and Kubiak on TV and AM 610 call in shows.

Scoop27
10-07-2013, 10:25 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/matt-schaub-is-still-the-texans-starting-qb-but/?cmpid=hpts

Farmersfan
10-08-2013, 09:35 AM
You act like of the texans losses, Schaub is responsible for none and that Tony's meltdowns would subtract from the texans as is.

They'd lose a game or 2 because of meltdowns but they'd also win more games on Tony's arm.

Schaub doesn't win games. He either manages them or blows it. The upside is very minimal.

That's your emotions talking Saggy. Schaub is having a terrible season this year but you can't deny he has been a major reason for the Texan's limited success over the past several years. If you believe that Tony Romo would have helped that 10 win team in 2011 when Schuab had a 96.8 QB rating or that 12 win team last year then you haven't been paying attention. With the caliber of play from these two QBs this season I would not doubt that Romo would help the Texans. But that's only because Schuab is making "Romo like" mistakes and Romo isn't. (well until Sunday he didn't)

Saggy Aggie
10-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Texans offense is too predictable. Schaub offers nothing that romo can't do. In fact, romo is a little bit better at just about everything

Farmersfan
10-08-2013, 10:12 AM

And one more point. Tony's arm hasn't been better than Schuabs. Schuabs has a career completion percentage of 64.3 and Romo has a 65.1. Both QBs have almost identical interception percentages. Schaub is intercepted every 38 pass attempts or 1 interception every 1.5 games. Tony Romo is intercepted every 37 pass attempts or every 1.3 games. You can go deeper into the numbers if you want but there isn't anything to indicate Romo is better than Schaub..............

Roughneck93
10-08-2013, 10:34 PM
This is a bit much...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/report-angry-fans-show-up-at-schaubs-house/?cmpid=hpbn

Manso/V8
10-08-2013, 10:40 PM
This is a bit much...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/report-angry-fans-show-up-at-schaubs-house/?cmpid=hpbn

Sure a bit much, but not unlike treatment some high school coaches have received in small towns across the state.

Roughneck93
10-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Sure a bit much, but not unlike treatment some high school coaches have received in small towns across the state.

Crazy people out there.

cougartino
10-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I wonder will they park a U-Haul in front of his house.