PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN SCRIMMAGE VS EVERMAN AND HUTCH

MARLINFAN
08-27-2003, 01:16 AM
A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT MARLIN CAN NOT HOLD UP WITH EVERMAN WHAT DO U THINK

JMEN84
08-27-2003, 08:20 AM
Look for Marlin to have a better game than you think against a complacent Everman team. This years "DOGS" will have to be given a wake up call to be able to follow or fill "BIG SHOES" from years past. They have the talent, but are trying to rely on tradition rather than heart.

sphinx1906
08-27-2003, 08:27 AM
Hats off to Everman for their tradition and past record but I wouldn't count Marlin out ever. They have great athletes and a good coach. I gotta respect anyone who has put Newton out of the playoffs, and they didn't lose many from last year. This would be one that I would like to watch.

rholl
08-27-2003, 08:52 AM
As an Everman fan..I will be surprised if Marlin doesn't roll in this one. As Jmen says....wake up call may be on the way. But my hat is off to both sets of coaches....great scrimmage to show each team where they need to be!!
JMEN...you going to the game??????????

<small>[ August 27, 2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: rholl ]</small>

Matthew328
08-27-2003, 09:02 AM
If Everman plays like they did the first 2 scrimmages Marlin will roll...which in a way may be a good thing...this team is not playing near to their talent level..maybe they need a reminder that tradition alone doesn't win games...I have a funny suspicion that you'll see a much better Everman team tomarrow..at least I hope..LOL

Chief Woodman
08-27-2003, 11:16 AM
What? You mean that relying on tradition will not put any points on the board? That this years team cannot depend on past success to get them a victory?....Don't tell that the J2K, you will break his heart.

Matthew328
08-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Tradition does count for something....believe me...but tradition alone doesn't win ball games..

everman_guy
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Look for different Everman team this week. The complacent attitude has disappeared, the Dawgs appear to be excited about scrimmage one of the challengers. Hopefully they will learn how to play with emotion this week, as they are as talented as any team in the state.

rholl
08-27-2003, 12:51 PM
EG...in a way I hope you are right..in a way I hope you are wrong. Everman rolls and many many people will see the demise of Everman has been greatly exaggerated. On the other hand if marlin rolls....eyes will be opened for Everman players

JMEN84
08-27-2003, 02:09 PM
rholl, I'm planning on being there. As far as which Everman Team show's, time will only tell. What I get from a couple of the coaches on the last couple of scrimmages is, they better get ready to play or they can get ready to go home. But the way I have percieved their comments, to me it sounds like complacency.

everman_guy
08-27-2003, 03:38 PM
JMEN you are exactly right, they have been complacent. The attitude has been addressed, but only time will tell if it has been fixed.

cunbed10
08-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Everman is still the champs until someone knocks them off, same as Bandera, these team will have to endure everyone best game against their teams.

footballguy 22
08-28-2003, 12:47 PM
I GUESS WILMER-HUTCHINS IS A SORRY TEAM TO EVERYBODY???