View Full Version : Cowboys vs Broncos

Pages : 1 [2]

Macarthur
10-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Dude, he threw the ball right into triple coverage and a referee in the way. LOL....
If that's not brain dead then I don't know what is.
Why not check it down to a wide open Murray?

EDIT: Looking at the play, Romo only needed to step up in the pocket and give himself more options. So that argument that he was being pressured does not apply to this play. LOL...

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/romo-interception-against-broncos.gif

He couldn't step up. He had a DL and OLin his face. Thats why the pass ddidn't have much zip on it.

Eagle 1
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
He couldn't step up. He had a DL and OLin his face. Thats why the pass ddidn't have much zip on it. Are you blind? If he side steps the lineman he has a wide open field. Instead he was trying to force the ball in a bad spot. He clearly paniced. Your reaching now.

Macarthur
10-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Are you blind? If he side steps the lineman he has a wide open field. Instead he was trying to force the ball in a bad spot. He clearly paniced. Your reaching now.

You are insane.

He did force it but his LT was so close he actually tripped Romo and his center, guard and the DL were right in his face.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever played QB in an actual game?

Emerson1
10-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Says the boy that was in the band in high school and never played high school football. Lol
Like I said if Romo steps up in the pocket on that play he would then have more options.

I played golf and I did play football for a year ;)

Says the guy who threatens to come to bars and fight people lololol. Typical though. You start losing an argument and resort to personal attacks. TXB has seen 100 times the football you will ever see in your life. So I think he is a good source to listen to if you don't trust me.

But ya let's cut Romo and start Orton so we finish 2-14. Then draft JFF.

Emerson1
10-07-2013, 01:39 PM
@SI_PeterKing: RT @PriscoCBS: If you rip Romo, you are an idiot ... Amen.

What do experts know? The people wishing they could go back to the 70's during their HS glory years know better than those goofs.

panfan
10-07-2013, 01:44 PM
I honestly didn't expect the boys to win, cause the broncos are just that good right now. But as the game wore on, I'd say they gave as good as they got from a very good team. D ware was in and out due to injury, so him being a factor on defense seemed to be a mute point. Linebackers needed to play better on stopping the short route passes, but Manning delivered the ball so fast, it may have been hard to stop that unless they were right on top of the receiver. Boys had their chances a few times before that fatal interception to move ahead by more than one TD and they didn't capitalize. for example, did the boys go for 2 at one point and not make it? THey made it the second time. Assume they made it both times, then the score is such that even if broncos kick a field goal in the end, after the INT, its still a tie ball game, and to win, they had to score a TD (hoping my memory serves me correctly). None the less, while Romo tends to choke in the waining minutes of a game due to poor decisions, this loss doesn't seem to me to sit squarely on his shoulders. Some bad coaching decisions, poor defensive performance, and yes Romo all had a hand in the loss, but damn it was good game.

Eagle 1
10-07-2013, 01:48 PM
You are insane.

He did force it but his LT was so close he actually tripped Romo and his center, guard and the DL were right in his face.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever played QB in an actual game?
I played linebacker on defense, but even Helen Keller can see if steps up the field is wide open. He was trying to force the ball in a bad spot, and that's the bottom line. If you took off those Romosexual glasses you could see it too.

Farmersfan
10-07-2013, 02:29 PM
I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable games that i have watched from Dallas is quite some time. I'm really not that upset about how it turned out. I did not expect the Cowboys to be even within shot of the win so everything up until Romo's intereception was gravy for me. And say what you want about any of this but I am only a very, very small part of the massive number of people who looked at each other at the end of that game and said something to the extent of "Ok, now it's time for Romo to blow it" or "Watch Romo throw this interception now"! The fact that so many people just knew Romo would do what he ended up doing speaks volumes for Romo's career and his legacy. Whether it's right or wrong is irrelevent! How does Jerry Jones hope to build a winner out of team that has a guy as their leader who has convinced the majority of people he is a choker? There may not be a viable replacement for Romo right now but there is 1 thing that is certain: If you aren't looking, you will not find!!!!

Macarthur
10-07-2013, 02:34 PM
I played linebacker on defense, but even Helen Keller can see if steps up the field is wide open. He was trying to force the ball in a bad spot, and that's the bottom line. If you took off those Romosexual glasses you could see it too.

Do you not see that he has a DL and two OL right in his lap. He actually bumps into his own lineman. You are not rational.

Eagle 1
10-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Do you not see that he has a DL and two OL right in his lap. He actually bumps into his own lineman. You are not rational.
Did you not see how mobile Romo was earlier in the game? A highly payed qb in the nfl should be mobile enough to side step that. However, he has decided that was his target and he tried to force the pass. I'm just being reasonable. Your the one being obtuse.

Mojo84
10-07-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iec7FYwd0Rg

Macarthur
10-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Did you not see how mobile Romo was earlier in the game? A highly payed qb in the nfl should be mobile enough to side step that. However, he has decided that was his target and he tried to force the pass. I'm just being reasonable. Your the one being obtuse.

Yes, he is good at avoiding rush. In this case, though, he had someone behind him and three guys right in his lap.

Its so easy to say you are being reasonable to just well he should have stepped to the side.

We'll, hell, all ware had to do was just make a sack. All Dez had to do was make that catch on the sidelines against KC. All clairborn had to do was just run that interception back. You are not looking at the situation in a reasonable manner and you're using hindsight, and flawed hindsight at that.

Macarthur
10-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Macarthur
10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I think this is here I'm at now....

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/74592/do-yourself-a-favor-learn-how-to-stop-talking-about-tony-romo

Mojo84
10-07-2013, 03:32 PM
No time to throw the ball away?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1NQ1YQ34iE

Mojo84
10-07-2013, 03:36 PM

Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them an "idiot" or indicate they know nothing of the game. Resorting to name calling and personal attacks reveals more about the person doing such than it does the target.

Farmersfan
10-07-2013, 03:42 PM

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/74592/do-yourself-a-favor-learn-how-to-stop-talking-about-tony-romo

Don't disagree with this Mac! I'll quit talking about Romo if you will simply admit I am right and always have been....... :-)

Roughneck93
10-07-2013, 03:42 PM

Somebody will end up drawing you offsides Mac...:D

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2786685/offside-encroachment.gif

Farmersfan
10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Yes, he is good at avoiding rush. In this case, though, he had someone behind him and three guys right in his lap.

Its so easy to say you are being reasonable to just well he should have stepped to the side.

We'll, hell, all ware had to do was just make a sack. All Dez had to do was make that catch on the sidelines against KC. All clairborn had to do was just run that interception back. You are not looking at the situation in a reasonable manner and you're using hindsight, and flawed hindsight at that.

Isn't it just as silly saying what Romo couldn't have done as it is saying what he didn't do? The only thing that matters is WHAT HE DID DO. And the point of contention on here is that he did throw an interception at a point in the game when the entire world knew that a interception was the worse thing he could do! The decision on this throw was a bad one! And the execution was also a bad one! I don't really care why............................

Mojo84
10-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Interesting analysis.

http://instantreplay1.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/nfl-career-passer-rating-comparison/

bobcat1
10-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Didn't the Broncos give up just as many points as Dallas up to the point of the interception? Does that mean Romo did great or that the Denver defense sucked as bad as the Dallas defense?

Bottom line is, Romo made a bad decision and threw a pick in a critical time of the game when he had a wide open receiver that would have gained just as much yardage as the guy that was surrounded by three defenders. Also, Romo has a history of making such mistakes in the past at critical times.

He's a good qb but not a great one. Nor is he a championship qb. He just doesn't have if. Warren Moon was similar in the he just didn't have what it took to be great.

Also, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them an "idiot" or indicate they know nothing of the game. Resorting to name calling and personal attacks reveals more about the person doing such than it does the target.

Amen!

You know I said this yesterday, but it bears repeating. Manning didn't give the ball back when he got it, now did he? He did what was necessary to win the game. Tony..... not so much.

Macarthur
10-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Don't disagree with this Mac! I'll quit talking about Romo if you will simply admit I am right and always have been....... :-)

Deal! :-D

Txbroadcaster
10-07-2013, 05:42 PM
You know I said this yesterday, but it bears repeating. Manning didn't give the ball back when he got it, now did he? He did what was necessary to win the game. Tony..... not so much.

but Manning threw a crucial int that allowed Dallas to tie it.

bobcat1
10-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Didn't the Broncos give up just as many points as Dallas up to the point of the interception? Does that mean Romo did great or that the Denver defense sucked as bad as the Dallas defense?

Bottom line is, Romo made a bad decision and threw a pick in a critical time of the game when he had a wide open receiver that would have gained just as much yardage as the guy that was surrounded by three defenders. Also, Romo has a history of making such mistakes in the past at critical times.

He's a good qb but not a great one. Nor is he a championship qb. He just doesn't have if. Warren Moon was similar in the he just didn't have what it took to be great.

Also, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them an "idiot" or indicate they know nothing of the game. Resorting to name calling and personal attacks reveals more about the person doing such than it does the target.

but Manning threw a crucial int that allowed Dallas to tie it. But not in the last 2 minutes of the game. He closed the deal. Romo is like a great starting pitcher but in big games he can't seem to close a swinging door.

Mojo84
10-07-2013, 06:04 PM

I trust you didn't direct that at me. I say Romo blew it and Manning didn't.

Old Tiger
10-07-2013, 06:12 PM
How does a guy like ware escape criticism?

I'm a ware fan but what exactly did he do? Did he even get a pressure? Against a 2nd string LT?I said they needed to trade him two years ago for 1st round and a 3rd round. Dude has been on down hill slope since 2010 and his health is a big issue.

bobcat1
10-07-2013, 06:48 PM
I trust you didn't direct that at me. I say Romo blew it and Manning didn't.

You are correct. I don't know how that included you in the quotes.

Eagle 1
10-07-2013, 06:52 PM

REGULAR MAIL
Grantland
1101 S. Figueroa St.
Bldg. A
Los Angeles, CA 90015

'nuff said. LOL.....

TheDOCTORdre
10-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I was privileged enough to be at the game yesterday. Let's be honest, up until the 4th quarter, no one aside from Cowboy fans gave Dallas a chance of beating the Broncos, and at that, most fans were realistic enough to know that Manning and Co. would have their way with Dallas. I left the game and my mom called me to rub it in that the Cowboys lost, and I told her I could live with watching them lose that way again, because I knew deep down that I was expecting a 48-24 type loss and was pleasantly surprised by the game I got to watch. The D was bad, hell they gave up 5 straight TD scoring drives, but they did tighten up a little bit at the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th to slow down Manning enough and only give up a couple of field goals, which allowed Dallas and Romo to be able to put themselves in position to win the game. So the defense was bad, but who isn't bad against Denver. Then you have Romo, the guy played lights out, but believe me, there wasn't a single person around me who wasn't waiting for the signature Romo INT, and then we got it. You can blame Romo, you can blame the D, or you can just be realistic and realize that a lot of things had to go right for Dallas to be in a game at the end that no one thought they had business being in. 9 times out of 10, the Broncos beat the Cowboys, the sad thing is that yesterday should have been that 1 out of 10 that Dallas wins

Farmersfan
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I heard an interview today with long time NFL linebacker Ted Johnson who lives in Houston. First off let me say that he did say he loves Tony Romo and was sure most people in Houston would trade Schaub for Romo RIGHT NOW! He said the Dallas fans should really be happy with Tony Romo because the guy is amazing when things are clicking. But now for the rest of the story. Ted Johnson said that there are a handful of QBs in the NFL that are known as "throw you one" QBs. He named Cutler and Josh Freeman to name a couple. He said no matter how great Tony Romo is at times he is a "throw you one" kind of QB. He said defensive players would actually tell each other during the week when preparing for QBs like Tony Romo that when things are most desparate he will "throw you one" and you better be ready to catch it. He said Tony Romo had it in his DNA to fail like he does.... Never heard of Romo being called a "throw you one" QB but it fits perfectly. I remember Rivas with the Jets saying before a game 2 years ago that they were looking forward to playing Romo because Romo will always throw them the ball!

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 04:23 PM
News flash! Romo throws interceptions!

I think things like this are low hanging fruit and grandstanding. Romo has a fantastic TD to int ratio for his career. So all these big bad defensivenplayers that love to pile on Romo, have had their ass burned by him almost 3 to 1 for his career.

And I'll take your Ted Johnson and raise you babe laufenberg. Romo actually throws an interception2.6% of the time in the fourth quarter. Want some pperspective on that? Brady s career number is around 4.5%

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this whole Romo is a choker thing has taken on a life of its own. Does he make some mistakes? Yep. Some have been back breakers. But the reality is that he fails no more than any other QB. And in fact, he is actually really good when you look at the totalityof his numbers.

You can poo poo this all you want but the stats are not on your side.

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 04:35 PM
BTW, babe was on with norm today. I'm sure it will be on the pod cast. Good listen.

Babe made the point that if a QB puts 48 points on the board, he should be on the sidelines with a ball cap laughing. Orton should be finishing the game.

Saggy Aggie
10-08-2013, 04:58 PM

I think things like this are low hanging fruit and grandstanding. Romo has a fantastic TD to int ratio for his career. So all these big bad defensivenplayers that love to pile on Romo, have had their ass burned by him almost 3 to 1 for his career.

And I'll take your Ted Johnson and raise you babe laufenberg. Romo actually throws an interception2.6% of the time in the fourth quarter. Want some pperspective on that? Brady s career number is around 4.5%

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this whole Romo is a choker thing has taken on a life of its own. Does he make some mistakes? Yep. Some have been back breakers. But the reality is that he fails no more than any other QB. And in fact, he is actually really good when you look at the totalityof his numbers.

:eek::eek::1popcorn:

Bullaholic
10-08-2013, 04:58 PM
This might be considered elitist, but the Dallas Cowboys....and their QB, Romo or anyone else, are held to a higher accountable standard than just about any other franchise in the NFL. This is due to that star on the helmet being the numero uno franchise brand in sports, their venue being the no. 1 large event venue in the world, an owner who puts P.T. Barnum to shame. and the high standards for football from pewee thru college in the Lone Star State. When you go 16 seasons without major success in this environment, the spotlight scorches hotter as well as shines brighter on anyone who can be blamed for this embarrassment of this storied franchise. You just better not put a sub-standard performing team on the field for very long when you were once known as "America's Team".

Deuce
10-08-2013, 05:56 PM
BTW, babe was on with norm today. I'm sure it will be on the pod cast. Good listen.

Babe made the point that if a QB puts 48 points on the board, he should be on the sidelines with a ball cap laughing. Orton should be finishing the game.

Every guest that I have heard on the Ticket and other shows lays the blame on the Defense.

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Every guest that I have heard on the Ticket and other shows lays the blame on the Defense.

Well, then you don't listen enough.

And please let me know where you think the defenses responsibility lie for this last week?

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 07:49 PM
And if we're using former players as talking points, which I think is foolish because most of them are idiots, Keyshawn actually blamed Escobar. And key could never be mistaken as being soft on romo.

Old Tiger
10-08-2013, 08:04 PM

So would you want Romo or Brady with 2 minutes left and 80 yards to go?

Roughneck93
10-08-2013, 08:13 PM

Brady.

Romo's QB rating drops to 44 in the final three minutes...

Old Tiger
10-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Brady.

Romo's QB rating drops to 44 in the final three minutes...

Dude never use QBR rating, that is just made up propaganda ESPN uses to make their analyst sound smart.

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 09:01 PM

Of course, Brady. You're attempting a straw man because no one has ever argued that Romo is better than Brady. Simply that the Romo is a choker monicre does not match with reality.

Old Tiger
10-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Of course, Brady. You're attempting a straw man because no one has ever argued that Romo is better than Brady. Simply that the Romo is a choker monicre does not match with reality.

How does it not? Guy has had games to make playoffs, win playoff games, and etc where he blew the game in the final minutes.

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 09:46 PM
How does it not? Guy has had games to make playoffs, win playoff games, and etc where he blew the game in the final minutes.

Of course, you totally ignore the 3 games in a row he won in 2009 to end the season with a division championship and a playoff victory.
Which also included a victory over the undefeated saints. But as we all know, those were not big games. They're only big games when he loses them.

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Of course, you totally ignore the 3 games in a row he won in 2009 to end the season with a division championship and a playoff victory.
Which also included a victory over the undefeated saints. But as we all know, those were not big games. They're only big games when he loses them.

that is one of the issues...yes Romo had had those moments..but take last year..he basically won 5 games with comeback or game winning drives in 4th Q but the non romo fans point to the one time he made a mistake and say this is why he cannot win..does not matter to them that they only reason Dallas was playing for a chance to make the play offs was because he carried the team

just like sunday..yes he threw an int..but he was the reason Dallas was even in the game to that point but they detractors say that does not matter

Macarthur
10-08-2013, 10:47 PM
This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Players sometimes are the worst analysts. Sturm absolutely ownes steve beuerlin.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/387758714993664000/photo/1

What a tool.

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2013, 10:59 PM
INTs in last 3 min of 1-score games since '06: Eli 15 (220 att.), Brees 13 (234), Roethlisberger 13 (249), Flacco 7 (136), Romo 7 (272)

I will say it again Eli loses mre games than he wins with his arm..but because they have won two SB people act like his is such a winner

GrTigers6
10-09-2013, 06:41 AM
What these Romo haters don't understand is that Romo carries this team on his shoulders. their success and failures are due to his performances. It was obvious last week when he played lights out and put up 48 points but was expected to put up more to win the game.
A little defense each week and we will see wins. Its that simple

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2013, 08:21 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20131008-moore-roger-staubach-on-criticism-of-cowboys-tony-romo---i-can-t-believe-it-i-know-this-guy-is-playing-great-football.ece

He played one of the most sensational games I’ve ever seen,” Staubach said. “It makes no sense. Those people who blame him, I don’t know, they ought to take a look at their lives.

Bullaholic
10-09-2013, 09:59 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20131008-moore-roger-staubach-on-criticism-of-cowboys-tony-romo---i-can-t-believe-it-i-know-this-guy-is-playing-great-football.ece

He played one of the most sensational games I’ve ever seen,” Staubach said. “It makes no sense. Those people who blame him, I don’t know, they ought to take a look at their lives.

Hooey---What does Staubach know about winning games and success at QB? :D

Deuce
10-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Well, then you don't listen enough.

And please let me know where you think the defenses responsibility lie for this last week?

Actually, I listen to it everyday from 8:00-5. I think you must have missed my point. I am agreeing with you that this loss should not be on Romo

Macarthur
10-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Actually, I listen to it everyday from 8:00-5. I think you must have missed my point. I am agreeing with you that this loss should not be on Romo

Oh, my bad.

Slick50
10-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Cowboys = Inconsistent = 8-8, maybe

Eagle 1
10-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Round and round we go, but the only stat that matters is in the win column. Romo is responsible for more loses than wins.

GrTigers6
10-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Round and round we go, but the only stat that matters is in the win column. Romo is responsible for more loses than wins.

Uh defense has given up more games than Romo has "lost"

Macarthur
10-09-2013, 11:48 AM

Are you kidding me?

Emerson1
10-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Romo is responsible for more loses than wins.

Except every stat disproves that.

If Romo plays the rest of the season what record do they finish with?

If Orton plays the rest of the season do they win a single game?

The affects of concussions are very present in this thread.

Farmersfan
10-09-2013, 12:07 PM
What these Romo haters don't understand is that Romo carries this team on his shoulders. their success and failures are due to his performances. It was obvious last week when he played lights out and put up 48 points but was expected to put up more to win the game.
A little defense each week and we will see wins. Its that simple

What exactly would you consider "defense" Mac? NFL average right now is about 23 points a game. Are you expecting average? Better than average? In the past 4 seasons 69% of the time the defense has held the opponents below that point total. That is BELOW THE NFL AVERAGE 7 out of every 10 games! That is 44 games in the past 4 seasons that the defense was better than average. Of course the Dallas offense has exceeded that NFL AVERAGE of 23 points a game only 32 times over that same time frame. (And 8 times they only scored 1 point more for 24 points) This is why the team record is 34-30 instead of 44-20 like it should be. BTW: A 44-20 record makes this one of the best teams in the NFL over that time frame. A less than average offensive performance is generally the main cause of this team losing. Of course there is the anomoly like Sunday's game. But the defense has been the most consistent of the 2 sides of the ball......

Farmersfan
10-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Except every stat disproves that.

If Romo plays the rest of the season what record do they finish with?

If Orton plays the rest of the season do they win a single game?

The affects of concussions are very present in this thread.

Relevant QB's available to be drafted by Dallas by year:

2012: Tannehill, Weeden, Osweiler, R. Wilson, Nick Foles
2011: Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, Kapernick, Mallett, T.J. Yates
2010: Teabow, Clausen, McCoy
2009: McGee
2008: Henne

Not too many better options based on the Cowboys present or actually draft positions. But how much better off would this franchise be right now if they didn't have Romo and had some better draft picks? I have heard a lot of people say that 8-8 seasons are franchise killers because they don't give you good draft picks and don't force a wholesale house cleaning. So the question is should the team take a house cleaning appraoch and go try to get a Andrew Luck type in the draft? I for one am not happy with .500 football from this team. How about ya'll?

GrTigers6
10-09-2013, 12:36 PM
What exactly would you consider "defense" Mac? NFL average right now is about 23 points a game. Are you expecting average? Better than average? In the past 4 seasons 69% of the time the defense has held the opponents below that point total. That is BELOW THE NFL AVERAGE 7 out of every 10 games! That is 44 games in the past 4 seasons that the defense was better than average. Of course the Dallas offense has exceeded that NFL AVERAGE of 23 points a game only 32 times over that same time frame. (And 8 times they only scored 1 point more for 24 points) This is why the team record is 34-30 instead of 44-20 like it should be. BTW: A 44-20 record makes this one of the best teams in the NFL over that time frame. A less than average offensive performance is generally the main cause of this team losing. Of course there is the anomoly like Sunday's game. But the defense has been the most consistent of the 2 sides of the ball......That is the entire problem Farmersfan. You look at averages and I look at game reality. If your team has a lead in the 4th qtr the defense had better hold or they fail. Its that simple. Yes the offense has been up and down but if they are up enough to take a lead then the D needs to hold it. You on the other hand praise the defense if they hold the opponents to "their average". even though they gave up 17 points in the 4th qtr to get to that average

buff4ever
10-09-2013, 01:59 PM
That is the entire problem Farmersfan. You look at averages and I look at game reality. If your team has a lead in the 4th qtr the defense had better hold or they fail. Its that simple. Yes the offense has been up and down but if they are up enough to take a lead then the D needs to hold it. You on the other hand praise the defense if they hold the opponents to "their average". even though they gave up 17 points in the 4th qtr to get to that average

This 2nd post on this thread is one more than I said to myself I would allow. But GrTigers and his lack of football intelligence has struck again. There is some validity in some of your post here, but then there is not some, then there is some total BS. And what FF has said time and time again is simply that our defense is playing better than NFL average and our offense is playing less than NFL average. There is a time here and there that the defense has had an untimely let down average or not. But it is less often than when the offense has had their let downs.

ROMO was not the reason for this loss, he played a great game, had an untimely int which he has a lot, but technically the Broncos are just better than the cowboys and they slightly prevailed in this game. I was not surprised at romo's untimely INT, but I was not mad at him. That will likely come later in the year.

I just hope they bounce back with a win this weekend.

Macarthur
10-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Relevant QB's available to be drafted by Dallas by year:

2012: Tannehill, Weeden, Osweiler, R. Wilson, Nick Foles
2011: Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, Kapernick, Mallett, T.J. Yates
2010: Teabow, Clausen, McCoy
2009: McGee
2008: Henne

Not too many better options based on the Cowboys present or actually draft positions. But how much better off would this franchise be right now if they didn't have Romo and had some better draft picks? I have heard a lot of people say that 8-8 seasons are franchise killers because they don't give you good draft picks and don't force a wholesale house cleaning. So the question is should the team take a house cleaning appraoch and go try to get a Andrew Luck type in the draft? I for one am not happy with .500 football from this team. How about ya'll?

I hate it, but the Diff in you and I is that I think when you have a QB that has a career QB rating that ranks him top 10 all time and you are perpetually. 500, the issue lies in the organization and what they've put around that QB.

GrTigers6
10-09-2013, 02:40 PM
This 2nd post on this thread is one more than I said to myself I would allow. But GrTigers and his lack of football intelligence has struck again. There is some validity in some of your post here, but then there is not some, then there is some total BS. And what FF has said time and time again is simply that our defense is playing better than NFL average and our offense is playing less than NFL average. There is a time here and there that the defense has had an untimely let down average or not. But it is less often than when the offense has had their let downs.

ROMO was not the reason for this loss, he played a great game, had an untimely int which he has a lot, but technically the Broncos are just better than the cowboys and they slightly prevailed in this game. I was not surprised at romo's untimely INT, but I was not mad at him. That will likely come later in the year.

I just hope they bounce back with a win this weekend.That statement made a lot of sense!:vrycnfsd:
The point I am trying to make is that if the D Keeps them in the game only to give it up at the end then what have they accomplished? Nothing. Just like an offense who sputters and only scores 10 points. If an offense manages to score in the final qtr to take a lead then the D needs to hold it. If you cant understand that then there is no need to continue posting on it.

Farmersfan
10-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I hate it, but the Diff in you and I is that I think when you have a QB that has a career QB rating that ranks him top 10 all time and you are perpetually. 500, the issue lies in the organization and what they've put around that QB.

No doubt he is a fantasy football GIANT! Unfortunately that only matters in fantasy football. At the end of the day suffice it to say that Romo haters have had their perspective tainted by all the Romosexuals and all the Romosexuals have been overzealous in defended him because of all the haters..... There must be a happy median between the two perspectives.

Farmersfan
10-09-2013, 03:17 PM
That statement made a lot of sense!:vrycnfsd:
The point I am trying to make is that if the D Keeps them in the game only to give it up at the end then what have they accomplished? Nothing. Just like an offense who sputters and only scores 10 points. If an offense manages to score in the final qtr to take a lead then the D needs to hold it. If you cant understand that then there is no need to continue posting on it.

You don't seem to understand that holding a offense to only 10 points is a major success by the defense and scoring 10 points is a major flop by a offense in the NFL. When those points are scored has no bearing on that..............

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2013, 03:19 PM
You don't seem to understand that holding a offense to only 10 points is a major success by the defense and scoring 10 points is a major flop by a offense in the NFL. When those points are scored has no bearing on that..............

Then when a QB throws a int has no bearing

Farmersfan
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Then when a QB throws a int has no bearing

I had pet mud fence when I was a small child TXB. He was easier to talk to than you guys are! :foul:

Do you understand the difference between a GOOD THING and a BAD THING? BAD THINGS happening late in a game is never a good thing. On the other hand, GOOD THINGS happening late in a game is actually a good thing. And it can never be considered a bad thing for your defense to hold the opponent to 10 or 14 points. Ever! But it will ALWAYS be a bad thing for the offense to only score 10 or 14 points! ALWAYS! Easy Squeezy! Mud Fence logic 101..............:vrycnfsd:

GrTigers6
10-09-2013, 03:44 PM
I had pet mud fence when I was a small child TXB. He was easier to talk to than you guys are! :foul:

Do you understand the difference between a GOOD THING and a BAD THING? BAD THINGS happening late in a game is never a good thing. On the other hand, GOOD THINGS happening late in a game is actually a good thing. And it can never be considered a bad thing for your defense to hold the opponent to 10 or 14 points. Ever! But it will ALWAYS be a bad thing for the offense to only score 10 or 14 points! ALWAYS! Easy Squeezy! Mud Fence logic 101..............:vrycnfsd:Its a bad thing if your offense just took the lead and then your defense gave it back by giving up a TD to go back behind after your offense has struggled. That's the entire point. Its no different than giving up a late INT

Bullaholic
10-09-2013, 03:48 PM

Do you understand the difference between a GOOD THING and a BAD THING? BAD THINGS happening late in a game is never a good thing. On the other hand, GOOD THINGS happening late in a game is actually a good thing. And it can never be considered a bad thing for your defense to hold the opponent to 10 or 14 points. Ever! But it will ALWAYS be a bad thing for the offense to only score 10 or 14 points! ALWAYS! Easy Squeezy! Mud Fence logic 101..............:vrycnfsd:

Then sometimes a bad thing can be considered a good thing if the good thing is really considered bad when it really is a good thing that is bad only sometimes because good things happen sometimes when things are really bad but can be good if bad things happen at the right time? :D

GrTigers6
10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Then sometimes a bad thing can be considered a good thing if the good thing is really considered bad when it really is a good thing that is bad only sometimes because good things happen sometimes when things are really bad but can be good if bad things happen at the right time? :D:vrycnfsd::thinking::vrycnfsd::D

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2013, 03:55 PM
basically FF believes this

If the D has held an opponent to a low score but gives up a late score that decides the game it is not their fault

but if the offense scores a high number of points but has a turnover late then the loss is on them

Eagle 1
10-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Old news, but still a relevant video.
Proves a stat maker is not a better qb.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a6313e/article/do-dallas-cowboys-fans-like-tony-romo-or-eli-manning

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2013, 04:08 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a6313e/article/do-dallas-cowboys-fans-like-tony-romo-or-eli-manning

and yet as the article says
These are franchise-wide issues for the Cowboys, eternally pinned on the quarterback. Romo's not the problem,

Macarthur
10-09-2013, 04:11 PM

The problem with something like this is that it's never a mutually exclusive thing. Its not like I have to choose between one or the other.

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2013, 04:32 PM

also I love how all the anti Romo fans did not respond or comment to this

INTs in last 3 min of 1-score games since '06: Eli 15 (220 att.), Brees 13 (234), Roethlisberger 13 (249), Flacco 7 (136), Romo 7 (272)

so he has the least amount in the most throws than 4 guys who have won SB

Eagle 1
10-09-2013, 05:01 PM

I'll still take the ring over that stat.
Incidentally I referenced the video, nothing else.

Deuce
10-09-2013, 05:06 PM

If the D has held an opponent to a low score but gives up a late score that decides the game it is not their fault

but if the offense scores a high number of points but has a turnover late then the loss is on them

Funny how everyone also forgets that the Cowboys were getting beat 38-33 to start the 4th. Romo leads them to 2 TD's and a 2 point conversion but still gets the blame!

Saggy Aggie
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I said during the game I'd laugh if ff can on here to blame romo for that game, and he did... And I laughed.

bobcat1
10-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Funny how everyone also forgets that the Cowboys were getting beat 38-33 to start the 4th. Romo leads them to 2 TD's and a 2 point conversion but still gets the blame!

Well yeah..... It doesn't matter if you got close.... They don't right close in the record books. They only track wins and losses. Romo threw an ill-advised pass on 2nd down and it ultimately decided the game. It don't matter if the defense allowed 1 or 100 points. They slowed down Denver enough to let Romo and the offense have a chance and he blew it.

Macarthur
10-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Oh and the cowboys defense is on pace to give up the most passing yards ever. Ever!

But yeah, romo's the problem.

Eagle 1
10-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Oh and the cowboys defense is on pace to give up the most passing yards ever. Ever!

My money says that wont happen and that Romo will lose at least one more close game this year.

bobcat1
10-09-2013, 07:58 PM

But yeah, romo's the problem.Why yes.... Yes he is when he gives away the offenses chance to win the game. It was 2nd friggin down. 2 more downs to get 16 yards. A thinking QB would have checked down to Murray and lived to fight another day. Who knows, murray might have picked up the first down..... but we will never know now will we. Never!

Deuce
10-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Well yeah..... It doesn't matter if you got close.... They don't right close in the record books. They only track wins and losses. Romo threw an ill-advised pass on 2nd down and it ultimately decided the game. It don't matter if the defense allowed 1 or 100 points. They slowed down Denver enough to let Romo and the offense have a chance and he blew it.

Really sharp logic here! You should still win even if u give up a 100. Lmao

bobcat1
10-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Really sharp logic here! You should still win even if u give up a 100. Lmao

You do if you score 101.:taunt: Sure the defensive scheme and execution sucked but as bad as it was Romo and the offense had a chance and blew it, right or wrong?

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2013, 08:17 PM
You do if you score 101.:taunt: Sure the defensive scheme and execution sucked but as bad as it was Romo and the offense had a chance and blew it, right or wrong?

and the D blew it by not getting broncos off the field asap after the int...Not like Broncos got the ball with 30 seconds left..if the D holds them to a quicker FG attempt then Dallas still has a shot

Macarthur
10-09-2013, 08:47 PM
You guys are comical.

Deuce
10-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Wrong! Defense blew it!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-09-2013, 09:41 PM
So am I the only one that has a bigger problem with Romo taking a sack on 1st down than the actual INT he threw on 2nd? I think if he throws the ball away and doesn't get sacked, then the INT never happens

bobcat1
10-09-2013, 10:34 PM
and the D blew it by not getting broncos off the field asap after the int...Not like Broncos got the ball with 30 seconds left..if the D holds them to a quicker FG attempt then Dallas still has a shot

Romo would have just thrown another pick. LOL

bobcat1
10-09-2013, 10:36 PM
So am I the only one that has a bigger problem with Romo taking a sack on 1st down than the actual INT he threw on 2nd? I think if he throws the ball away and doesn't get sacked, then the INT never happensAnother valid point of a disengaged brain on a QB. Of course it wasn't his fault though, the defense gave up 51. They were out there blocking for him and were on the headset telling him to throw it on 2nd down and to hold it on 1st down.

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2013, 11:03 PM
So am I the only one that has a bigger problem with Romo taking a sack on 1st down than the actual INT he threw on 2nd? I think if he throws the ball away and doesn't get sacked, then the INT never happens

I cant remember was he in the tackle box?

Roughneck93
10-09-2013, 11:45 PM
That was the sack that could have been called a horse collar.

Officials didn't call it because they felt he was still in the tackle box.

That play started on the left hashmark and Tony was sacked outside the right hashmark.

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2013, 12:00 AM

That play started on the left hashmark and Tony was sacked outside the right hashmark.

oh yea...see that is a problem..then risk the penalty and your in same spot

Roughneck93
10-10-2013, 12:21 AM
oh yea...see that is a problem..then risk the penalty and your in same spot

Yeah, true.

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Most TD passes in last 3 min of 1-score games since '06: Drew Brees 18, Tony Romo 14, Eli Manning 13, Matthew Stafford 12.

D'Highlander
10-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Can someone more familiar with the Tampa 2 tell me why Payton had wide open guys underneath all day?

Old Tiger
10-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Can someone more familiar with the Tampa 2 tell me why Payton had wide open guys underneath all day?

My guess would be they were playing soft and didn't want to give up the deep ball plus guys like Welker and Decker are excellent at settling in the zones. Plus Dallas hasn't covered the tight end all year.

bobcat1
10-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Can someone more familiar with the Tampa 2 tell me why Payton had wide open guys underneath all day? Because our Linebackers and Safeties couldn't cover their own arse with a blanket that day.

D'Highlander
10-10-2013, 07:26 AM
My guess would be they were playing soft and didn't want to give up the deep ball plus guys like Welker and Decker are excellent at settling in the zones. Plus Dallas hasn't covered the tight end all year.

It just seems like if the TE or RB shows block for split second, the defense forgets about them.

Macarthur
10-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Yeah, and remember on those last two plays, Denver only rushed 3 and was dropping 8 into coverage. You shouldn't give up a sack and a pressure in back to back plays in that situation when the defense is only rushing 3.

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 09:14 AM

You paraphrase me in such a way as to emphasize your own opinion TXB. So let me enhance what you just said to make it correct.

If the D has held an opponent to a low enough score that a average performance by the offense would beat them then a loss cannot be blamed on the defense.
but if the offense scores a high number of points but A INDIVIDUAL PLAYER has a giveaway that costs the team the game then the loss is on that individual player. I have never blamed the OFFENSE for the loss to the Broncos.

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Then sometimes a bad thing can be considered a good thing if the good thing is really considered bad when it really is a good thing that is bad only sometimes because good things happen sometimes when things are really bad but can be good if bad things happen at the right time? :D

There you go! Mud Fence logic 101

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 09:19 AM

Maybe you answered your own question TXB. Eli, Brees, Roethlisberger and Flacco has overcome those mistakes. Each one of those guys have managed to put together performances at the right times to propel their teams to the top. Has Romo?

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 09:21 AM
I said during the game I'd laugh if ff can on here to blame romo for that game, and he did... And I laughed.

What I laughed about was that you stated you would laugh if I came on here and blamed Romo when it was actually you who blamed Romo first and most. You were spouting anti-romo comments while the game was in progress. I at least waited a day for things to settle down.

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 09:26 AM

Remember the GOOD THING/BAD THING lesson? Romo is paid very handsomely for the "Good things" he does on a football field. His only accountability for the "Bad things" is what some of us Monday morning QBs can debate on forums like this................ Perhaps the Cowboys should give Tony a contract where he is paid for the Good and deducted for the bad! Then everyone would understand when Tony Romo is making minimum wage as the Cowboys QB! :wave:

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Most TD passes in last 3 min of 1-score games since '06: Drew Brees 18, Tony Romo 14, Eli Manning 13, Matthew Stafford 12.

How many 1 score games with 3 minutes left have each of these QBs been in over that time period TXB? The number of successes doesn't tell us the number of opportunites.

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 09:48 AM

You are always the first one to yell "Strawman" Mac and then you post this crap. In the first place the Cowboys can't be on a pace to give up the most passing yards ever because they aren't even the worse in the league right now. the 5-0 Denver Broncos have given up more. So best case scenerio would be that the Cowboys are on pace to give up the second most passing yards ever! But here is the reality of this thing. The Cowboys have played the #1, #4 and #7 top passing offenses in the league. I'm thinking that will make the pass defense stats look a bit excessive. This defense gave up 199 passing yards and 203 passing yards to the 2 average offenses they have played. Rams #14 and Chiefs #18.

Macarthur
10-10-2013, 10:28 AM
You are always the first one to yell "Strawman" Mac and then you post this crap. In the first place the Cowboys can't be on a pace to give up the most passing yards ever because they aren't even the worse in the league right now. the 5-0 Denver Broncos have given up more. So best case scenerio would be that the Cowboys are on pace to give up the second most passing yards ever! But here is the reality of this thing. The Cowboys have played the #1, #4 and #7 top passing offenses in the league. I'm thinking that will make the pass defense stats look a bit excessive. This defense gave up 199 passing yards and 203 passing yards to the 2 average offenses they have played. Rams #14 and Chiefs #18.

Come on, FF. You're one of the first to poke a stick and agitate. I'm just having a little fun.

The defense has looked, at times, like it has a chance to be decent. I could forgive the Denver game if they had not looked so poor against SD. The same SD offense that got pushed around by the Raiders the next week.

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2013, 10:51 AM
What I laughed about was that you stated you would laugh if I came on here and blamed Romo when it was actually you who blamed Romo first and most. You were spouting anti-romo comments while the game was in progress. I at least waited a day for things to settle down.

What?

I say anti-romo things all the time because I hate the cowpies.

Romo was not to blame for that game no matter how hard you try and make it be his fault. Dude played out of his mind. T

Now, I did predict the INT but hw never should have had to even be in that position. Your defense was god awful. The loss is on the D. You cannot ask a quarterback to do more than what romo did that game.

Eagle 1
10-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Come on, FF. You're one of the first to poke a stick and agitate. I'm just having a little fun.

The defense has looked, at times, like it has a chance to be decent. I could forgive the Denver game if they had not looked so poor against SD. The same SD offense that got pushed around by the Raiders the next week.

Calling people an idiot because they don't agree with brand of logic is fun to you?

If I'm not mistaken Rivers always has a big game against Dallas.

Eagle 1
10-10-2013, 12:33 PM
How many 1 score games with 3 minutes left have each of these QBs been in over that time period TXB? The number of successes doesn't tell us the number of opportunites. Exactly.

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I posted earlier the amount of passes each one had thrown in those situations

Macarthur
10-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Calling people an idiot because they don't agree with brand of logic is fun to you?

If I'm not mistaken Rivers always has a big game against Dallas.

I didn't call you an idiot. Peter king and Peter prisco did.

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 02:20 PM

And stick poking and agitating is exactly what I was doing again Mac.... I have way too much stress in my life to let you guys get me too riled up on here. This is fun and carefree banter to me.Although it would be nice on occasion if some of you guys could actually make a valid point every once in a while but still fun! ;)

Macarthur
10-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm working on it. :-)

GrTigers6
10-10-2013, 02:33 PM
And stick poking and agitating is exactly what I was doing again Mac.... I have way too much stress in my life to let you guys get me too riled up on here. This is fun and carefree banter to me.Although it would be nice on occasion if some of you guys could actually make a valid point every once in a while but still fun! ;)

Macarthur made a valid point when he quoted "@SI_PeterKing: RT @PriscoCBS: If you rip Romo, you are an idiot ... Amen.":D
Oh and just because you don't understand them doesn't mean they aren't valid:evilgrin:

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Macarthur made a valid point when he quoted "@SI_PeterKing: RT @PriscoCBS: If you rip Romo, you are an idiot ... Amen.":D
Oh and just because you don't understand them doesn't mean they aren't valid:evilgrin:

Validity is in the eyes of the beholder GrTigers6!

Farmersfan
10-10-2013, 03:03 PM
I didn't call you an idiot. Peter king and Peter prisco did.

My 2 year old granddaughter put a hand print on my new big screen TV and when I asked her why she said she didn't do it! Aren't you denying your hand print here Mac?

GrTigers6
10-10-2013, 03:34 PM
validity is in the eyes of the beholder grtigers6!;):d

Macarthur
10-10-2013, 03:54 PM
My 2 year old granddaughter put a hand print on my new big screen TV and when I asked her why she said she didn't do it! Aren't you denying your hand print here Mac?

Yep. :)

Roughneck93
10-10-2013, 10:45 PM

Add another one to Eli...:D

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/192tytvegn83ngif/original.gif

Txbroadcaster
10-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Eli Manning has 8 interceptions in the 4th quarter this season.

Roughneck93
10-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah, and remember on those last two plays, Denver only rushed 3 and was dropping 8 into coverage. You shouldn't give up a sack and a pressure in back to back plays in that situation when the defense is only rushing 3.

And Garrett thinks this O-line is improved??

13 sacks through 5 games.

No running game. On pace for lowest rushing attempts in team history. :ack!:

Roughneck93
10-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Eli Manning has 8 interceptions in the 4th quarter this season.

Hahaha...

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1385835_606640132716012_943942246_n.jpg

Farmersfan
10-11-2013, 09:07 AM
And Garrett thinks this O-line is improved??

13 sacks through 5 games.

No running game. On pace for lowest rushing attempts in team history. :ack!:

I think some perspective is needed in this. Dallas is actually ranked #10 in the NFL with a per rushing attempt average of 4.5. But they are ranked #28 in the NFL in number of attempts. Why would that be? Perhaps it's because they have played the #1, #4 and #7 ranked offenses in the league in yards and points and were forced to throw in order to keep pace. The cowboys are #13 in pass attempts in the NFL. Kansas City is #14, Chargers #12, Broncos #7, Rams #3 and Giants #1 in pass attempts per game. The Cowboy had to throw the ball a lot in order to keep pace.... This also the reason the Cowboy's defense looks so bad against the pass. All 5 of their opponents are pretty much top 15 passing teams.

I have also watched every single game played by Dallas and about half of those sacks were coverage sacks that happened 4, 5 or 6 seconds after the snap. Any QB that holds on to the ball more than 3 or 4 seconds should expect a sack. But that isn't on the O-line. There are all kinds of O-line evaluation processes out there but this one lists the Cowboys O-line as the #6 run blocking line in the NfL and the #18 pass blocking O-line in the NFL. But again, the sacks given up count big time against a O-line regardless of time frame the sack took place.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

buff4ever
10-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I think some perspective is needed in this. Dallas is actually ranked #10 in the NFL with a per rushing attempt average of 4.5. But they are ranked #28 in the NFL in number of attempts. Why would that be? Perhaps it's because they have played the #1, #4 and #7 ranked offenses in the league in yards and points and were forced to throw in order to keep pace. The cowboys are #13 in pass attempts in the NFL. Kansas City is #14, Chargers #12, Broncos #7, Rams #3 and Giants #1 in pass attempts per game. The Cowboy had to throw the ball a lot in order to keep pace.... This also the reason the Cowboy's defense looks so bad against the pass. All 5 of their opponents are pretty much top 15 passing teams.

I have also watched every single game played by Dallas and about half of those sacks were coverage sacks that happened 4, 5 or 6 seconds after the snap. Any QB that holds on to the ball more than 3 or 4 seconds should expect a sack. But that isn't on the O-line. There are all kinds of O-line evaluation processes out there but this one lists the Cowboys O-line as the #6 run blocking line in the NfL and the #18 pass blocking O-line in the NFL. But again, the sacks given up count big time against a O-line regardless of time frame the sack took place.

Thanks FF, that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering if these guys have been watching the games or not. Romo has had plenty of time to throw the ball this year, especially compared to past few years. It is good for romo and he was able to use that this past week finally. The line is better than average in the NFL in my opinion, and is much better than in recent years.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2013, 09:34 AM

Dallas has had two good ground games...one against St Louis and other against SD when they for whatever reason stopped running..the other 3 have been terrible

hollywood
10-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Still going at it huh?

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Still going at it huh?

called killing time with fun debate LOL

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2013, 09:46 AM
This right here is one of the issues IMO..Why keep going back to someone like Austin..and I do not mean stop using him all together..but why not keep Williams ahead of him?

And while the Cowboys liked what they got from rookie Terence Williams and slot receiver Cole Beasley in his place last Sunday against the Broncos, coach Jason Garrett said Austin will return to being one of the featured receivers in the offense if he is healthy and ready to go against the Redskins Sunday.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/10/garrett-miles-austin-running-well-will-be-one-of-the-teams-featured-receivers-if-hes-ready-to-go.html#storylink=cpy

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2013, 10:00 AM
The Cowboys have given up scores on 13 of their last 16 possessions on defense and as many points (68) as they did the first 3 1/2 games combined.

D'Highlander
10-11-2013, 10:02 AM
This right here is one of the issues IMO..Why keep going back to someone like Austin..and I do not mean stop using him all together..but why not keep Williams ahead of him?

And while the Cowboys liked what they got from rookie Terence Williams and slot receiver Cole Beasley in his place last Sunday against the Broncos, coach Jason Garrett said Austin will return to being one of the featured receivers in the offense if he is healthy and ready to go against the Redskins Sunday.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/10/garrett-miles-austin-running-well-will-be-one-of-the-teams-featured-receivers-if-hes-ready-to-go.html#storylink=cpy

:iagree: Romo had his best day ever without Miles Nohammies Austin

GrTigers6
10-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks FF, that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering if these guys have been watching the games or not. Romo has had plenty of time to throw the ball this year, especially compared to past few years. It is good for romo and he was able to use that this past week finally. The line is better than average in the NFL in my opinion, and is much better than in recent years.

You can have all the time in the world to throw but you have to have someone to throw to. These receivers are not the best at getting open

buff4ever
10-11-2013, 11:09 AM
The Cowboys have given up scores on 13 of their last 16 possessions on defense and as many points (68) as they did the first 3 1/2 games combined.

Not that it is a good credit by any means, but to the defenses' credit, how many of those drives where points were allowed were against the broncos?

After the game with the broncos, as bad as this stat looks, it doesn't reflect on the defense as a whole thus far in the season.

Macarthur
10-11-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013/10/the-truth-about-tony-romo.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

Farmersfan
10-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Dallas has had two good ground games...one against St Louis and other against SD when they for whatever reason stopped running..the other 3 have been terrible

Still ranked #10 though 5 games TXB. So if the 3 games were "terrible" then the other two must have been truly awesome.....

Eagle 1
10-11-2013, 02:35 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1385646_606569789389713_1256399191_n.jpg

Farmersfan
10-11-2013, 02:37 PM

And the Broncos have scored on like 25 of the last 30 possessions! Not sure what your point is TXB. Nobody has stopped Denver yet and nobody expected Dallas to do so! Other than that game Dallas has given up scores on about 30% of possessions in the previous 4 games. That's 16 scores in 48 total possessions............... I'm positive that is far better than the average in the NFL.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Cowpies suck

But at least y'all don't have Schaub :(

Farmersfan
10-11-2013, 02:53 PM
You can have all the time in the world to throw but you have to have someone to throw to. These receivers are not the best at getting open

According to who? Isn't Romo ranked like in the top 5 in completion percentage? He isn't getting those completions to the cheerleaders? What I find kind of disturbing is how from game to game the receivers for this team SEEM to disappear. For some reason a group of receivers that All Pro D-backs can't cover one week are suddenly being blanket covered by backups and replacements. Weird huh? Do you think instead of the receivers being covered it might just be that the QB isn't seeing them or making the right reads or tight throws? yea, I'm thinking that is probably a more viable answer...... IN the NFL all receivers are open for brief windows of time. QBs like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and even Tony Romo on last Sunday are masters at finding that window and getting the ball there at the right time. Just because the QB can't do that on other nights doesn't mean the receivers aren't open.

Farmersfan
10-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Cowpies suck

But at least y'all don't have Schaub :(

Or Eli this season! :doh:

coach
10-11-2013, 02:56 PM
According to who? Isn't Romo ranked like in the top 5 in completion percentage? He isn't getting those completions to the cheerleaders? What I find kind of disturbing is how from game to game the receivers for this team SEEM to disappear. For some reason a group of receivers that All Pro D-backs can't cover one week are suddenly being blanket covered by backups and replacements. Weird huh? Do you think instead of the receivers being covered it might just be that the QB isn't seeing them or making the right reads or tight throws? yea, I'm thinking that is probably a more viable answer...... IN the NFL all receivers are open for brief windows of time. QBs like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and even Tony Romo on last Sunday are masters at finding that window and getting the ball there at the right time. Just because the QB can't do that on other nights doesn't mean the receivers aren't open.

you aRE RIGHT, cOLE bEASLEY, hARRIS, Miles Austin, and the reciever that went to jacksonville all made romo look good. Look how many recievers romo has made....

Emerson1
10-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Or Eli this season! :doh:

or any season.

Farmersfan
10-11-2013, 03:05 PM
you aRE RIGHT, cOLE bEASLEY, hARRIS, Miles Austin, and the reciever that went to jacksonville all made romo look good. Look how many recievers romo has made....

?????? Sorry Coach! I don't understand Vulcan! Are you referring to Laurent Robinson? He left the sorry Rams to spend 1 season in Dallas and had a good year. Then went to the horrible Jags and did basically nothing. Ok.... I admit it! Romo is a better QB than Chad Henne and Sam Bradford.

hollywood
10-11-2013, 03:24 PM
called killing time with fun debate LOL

Exactly! Lol

Eagle 1
10-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Brady just lead his team down the field with just 1:13 left and no timeouts to score the game winning TD with under 10 seconds left. Wished we had a qb like that. Did I mention Anandola (sp?) was out of the game?