PDA

View Full Version : Is Clowney the most overrated player ever?

Old Tiger
10-06-2013, 08:55 AM
They talked Heisman/#1 overall pick.

Guy looks out of shape, hardly plays but 60% of the time. Constantly complaining about little injuries to get out of practice/games. His DC said that he doesn't go 100% on plays and loafs.

Then you have this from yesterday, his HC.

http://college-football.si.com/2013/10/05/steve-spurrier-jadeveon-clowney-south-carolina/

MJMbrahmas10
10-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Sounds like a diva to me. I thought divas were usually wide receivers

cougartino
10-06-2013, 09:55 AM
No one is ever going to top the Boz. No one!

Emerson1
10-06-2013, 10:10 AM
He is stupid enough to think he will get drafted high based on potential. Which he probably will. He could do this the rest of the season, have a good combine, and someone will take him early.

MJMbrahmas10
10-06-2013, 10:23 AM
But early in the first round and number 1 pick is a big difference. And if he doesn't have a Great second half of the season. He's gonna be passed up with the first pick.

Manso/V8
10-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I read that Clowney has bone spurs and is "playing through the pain" and expects to have surgery after the season.
If that is the case, he likely won't be full speed for the combine, maybe pro day.

Bone spurs and now a bruised rib, that would slow most people down.
Bone spurs are usually the sign of some other underlying problem.
He is a big boy, and that alone can put a stress on a body young or old.

You have to remember that he is still a kid in a grown man's body that has been under the spotlight and a lot of pressure since high school.
Sure, we would all like to think he or we would handle the situation different and be a warrior, but it may not be the case.

Maybe he needs another year in college.

Macarthur
10-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I think he's got legitimate injury issues.

Oh, and yeah, he's going to be a top 3 pick. :-)

Old Tiger
10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't think his injuries are legitimate, I think he's playing not to get hurt. Well now it looks like he is choosing not to play. He may be dinged up but he's being a selfish player about it. He's saying he's bigger than the team.

Jus listen to how Spurrier is talking,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lplx8qmXHY

"If he wants to play we'll welcome him to come play for the team if he wants to."

Manso/V8
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I don't think his injuries are legitimate, I think he's playing not to get hurt. Well now it looks like he is choosing not to play. He may be dinged up but he's being a selfish player about it. He's saying he's bigger than the team.

Jus listen to how Spurrier is talking,

Did you play college football?