PDA

View Full Version : D26: District finally here

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Smithville @ Yoakum
Giddings @ Cuero
LaGrange @ Gonzales

I know GZ and LG are good. But, neither has played anyone yet (GZ has played: East, Bastrop, Lanier, College Station, Sam Hou) to prove it. So, not sure claiming someone has played the tougher schedule (LG has played: MF, Columbus, Royal, Canyon Lake and Needville was cancelled) is right IMO. They are about to play a tough opponent however, this Friday. We all knew coming into this season, these two probably were the favorites to claim the D26 title. Winner for sure has a leg up on that.

Yoakum finely healthy since our scrimmages. Just one out, from 7 injured, and he is now, sadly-- gone for the year. Dogs better shutdown SV QB, and not allow what we been allowing, him getting around the corner. With the return of our starters, I think we'll get our secondary issues in order heading forward. Was nice getting some younger guys some valuable PT during this ND schedule though.

Cuero/Giddings will be entertaining. Great opener for both.

Best wishes to all D26 teams. Stay healthy, and let's get this party started. :wave:

Each Friday should be very exciting. Some have come in under the radar and will surprise a few folks. The games that matter have arrived. Show time!!!! :1popcorn:

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Columbus isn't nobody YT. They beat Yoakum and Bellville. Doesn't that qualify them as somebody?

Old Green
10-06-2013, 12:17 PM
It's been a lonely week. Looking forward for some football in D26.

GU_81
10-06-2013, 12:21 PM
It's been a lonely week. Looking forward for some football in D26.

AMEN! Let's get it on!

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Columbus isn't nobody YT. They beat Yoakum and Bellville. Doesn't that qualify them as somebody?

Pud, come on. Yes, they are somebody. They are not Gonzales, nor are they LaGrange was my point showing ya'lls two ND schedule. Neither of ya'll played the quality you two D26 elite clubs are about too this Friday, was my point. Geesss.:doh:

All I know, don't wanna start out in this district 0-1.

Manso/V8
10-06-2013, 12:37 PM

Columbus has some speed. I think Columbus has better top end speed than any/most teams Bellville has faced in the last two years.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Columbus has some speed. I think Columbus has better top end speed than any/most teams Bellville has faced in the last two years.

Yeah, they're fast.

Blue42
10-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Just from what I have seen the D-25 champion will be the winner of the Wharton/ Columbus game.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Pud, come on. Yes, they are somebody. They are not Gonzales, nor are they LaGrange was my point showing ya'lls two ND schedule. Neither of ya'll played the quality you two D26 elite clubs are about too this Friday, was my point. Geesss.:doh:

All I know, don't wanna start out in this district 0-1.

I understand your point. I agree GZ will be the best team the leps have faced thus far.

As for Yoakum v SV the Bulldogs win by 21+

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Just from what I have seen the D-25 champion will be the winner of the Wharton/ Columbus game.

:iagree:

Manso/V8
10-06-2013, 01:17 PM

A good chance that Bellville beats Wharton.
A good chance that El Campo beats Columbus and/or Wharton.
Sealy could beat Columbus as well.
It is still up all up for grabs.

Remember D26 didn't turn out like all y'all expected last year.

Blue42
10-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Man you know with the UIL realignment and the #’s that this district has in it this may be a long lasting relationship for all of us . We need to send Yoakum some kids so they don’t drop to the new 3A. We can just send some form Gonzo they have the most and we can all stay a happy family.

Blue42
10-06-2013, 01:23 PM
A good chance that Bellville beats Wharton.
A good chance that El Campo beats Columbus and/or Wharton.
Sealy could beat Columbus as well.
It is still up all up for grabs.

Remember D26 didn't turn out like all y'all expected last year.

It turned out how I expected.

Blue42
10-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Hay I’m a letterman now 500 only took 4 years.

Manso/V8
10-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Congrats!

Manso/V8
10-06-2013, 01:34 PM
It turned out how I expected.

Really? I thought everyone had Gonzo in the playoffs......what was the thought on Giddings before district play began?

Blue42
10-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Yes your right after we played Giddings last year I was sure they would win district but they like fell off the cliff .

Blue42
10-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Really? I thought everyone had Gonzo in the playoffs......what was the thought on Giddings before district play began?

I did know Gonzo was suspect last year as their pre District schedule was a walk in the park and I think they had lost too much from the year before when they were loaded. I’m thinking the same this year Friday after the LaGrange game will tell the tail.

speedbump
10-06-2013, 02:18 PM

Columbus had their upset against Bellville. The element of surprise is no longer in their favor. If they beat Sealy they will get in at number four. That's as close as they will get to a district championship.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 02:49 PM

:2thumbsup As them Gob's go this year, I see you bumping up B42. Sure looks like another very special team over there. Wish them well. Not the same not having them make deep runs for sure.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I did know Gonzo was suspect last year as their pre District schedule was a walk in the park and I think they had lost too much from the year before when they were loaded. I’m thinking the same this year Friday after the LaGrange game will tell the tail.

B42. They have the best OL/DL in district. Of course, this is just IMO. For sure, OL is superior to anyones in D26. And, no secret. They'll line up and try to smash opponents. Do it quite well . They are powerful. Key: You must be able to score on them and then try to stop a few Apache drives. Good luck. Not an easy task. LG, GZ and Cuero are loaded. Dog's can't afford to look past anyone the next 5 weeks. One week at a time Bulldogs.

Blue42
10-06-2013, 03:02 PM
:2thumbsup As them Gob's go this year, I see you bumping up B42. Sure looks like another very special team over there. Wish them well. Not the same not having them make deep runs for sure.

This team should do well could use some linemen and some more experience hope to see them progress as the season goes along. Looking at D-26 hope we can all repay the favor D-25 did to us last year looking very good at this point.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:06 PM
This team should do well could use some linemen and some more experience hope to see them progress as the season goes along. Looking at D-26 hope we can all repay the favor D-25 did to us last year looking very good at this point.

I agree. Boy, Wharton looks dern good, huh?

Blue42
10-06-2013, 03:17 PM
I agree. Boy, Wharton looks dern good, huh?

Yes they aren’t bad I know the Gobblers would like to get another chance at them at a neutral site.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Yes they aren’t bad I know the Gobblers would like to get another chance at them at a neutral site.

That would be a great game I bet. Hope you get them, for another chance at them?

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
B42. They have the best OL/DL in district. Of course, this is just IMO. For sure, OL is superior to anyones in D26. And, no secret. They'll line up and try to smash opponents. Do it quite well . They are powerful. Key: You must be able to score on them and then try to stop a few Apache drives. Good luck. Not an easy task. LG, GZ and Cuero are loaded. Dog's can't afford to look past anyone the next 5 weeks. One week at a time Bulldogs.

If you are saying Gonzales has the best OL in D-26 , I would strongly disagree. LG's OL are all two year starters and anchored by one of the Top OL recruits in the State , come Friday night you will see for yourself about Ledwick (OL -Recruit). Also watch when he comes in on D at the NG spot, he will blow up the center on every single play. The center will have his work cut out for him, he better go low every play.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:32 PM
If you are saying Gonzales has the best OL in D-26 , I would strongly disagree. LG's OL are all two year starters and anchored by one of the Top OL recruits in the State , come Friday night you will see for yourself about Ledwick (OL -Recruit). Also watch when he comes in on D at the NG spot, he will blow up the center on every single play. The center will have his work cut out for him, he better go low every play.

I think Clack is GZ center? He'll hold his own. He's a 4 year starter as I recall. Yes, it will be a great battle out the gate and all night long IMO.

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I think Clack is GZ center? He'll hold his own. He's a 4 year starter as I recall. Yes, it will be a great battle out the gate and all night long IMO.

He may hold his own against a normal 3A player but he has never seen a 6'5 280 with 4.8 speed, sit back and be amazed.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
He may hold his own against a normal 3A player but he has never seen a 6'5 280 with 4.8 speed, sit back and be amazed.
Where did he transfer in from H&L?

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 03:45 PM

Texas A&M.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 04:33 PM

He has been a starter at LG since his sophomore year not a transfer. He just grew like a sycamore and got better each year. I do think our O line is the best since 2000 when we won state with the two Schramm boys at tackles, Jayrod Hickle at center, and Mike Virnau and Josh Chovanec at guards. Chovanec was all state and state champion heavy weight power lifter and a real beast. Gonzales has a dominant offensive line with size and experience so we will get treated to a tour de force at the line of scrimmage by both teams. This game is the keystone in both team's seasons. Whoever wants the win the most and puts in the best effort will prevail.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 04:36 PM
He has been a starter at LG since his sophomore year not a transfer. He just grew like a sycamore and got better each year. I do think our O line is the best since 2000 when we won state with the two Schramm boys at tackles, Jayrod Hickle at center, and Mike Virnau and Josh Chovanec at guards. Chovanec was all state and state champion heavy weight power lifter and a real beast. Gonzales has a dominant offensive line with size and experience so we will get treated to a tour de force at the line of scrimmage by both teams. This game is the keystone in both team's seasons. whoever wants the win the most and puts in the best effort will prevail.

:thumbsup: Thanks. I was wondering if he played for ya'll last year or not. He sounds impressive Pud. Wish I could make this one in G-town.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 04:53 PM
#70 Ledwik has committed to Texas A&M. As hook stated all 5 lineman are returning starters with an average weight of a well conditioned and solid 265 lbs. #63 Schindler (6' 2" 260) and #78 Schubert (6' 4" 330) at guards are both very big and very dominant on the leading edge of the Lep running game and providing excellent pass protection for our Qb. As I said we have the best o line since 2000.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
#70 Ledwik has committed to Texas A&M. As hook stated all 5 lineman are returning starters with an average weight of a well conditioned and solid 265 lbs. #63 Schindler (6' 2" 260) and #78 Schubert (6' 4" 330) at guards are both very big and very dominant on the leading edge of the Lep running game and providing excellent pass protection for our Qb. As I said we have the best o line since 2000.

Both D-lines should have their hands full in this one then.

pacdaddy
10-06-2013, 08:42 PM

Hook, you better play the lotto you will win for sure. It seems to me you can see into the future. As far your recruit, he will try and blow up the center on every single play, but will not be able to do it "every single play." Clack is a four year starter with a lot of experience and will for sure not let that happen. You see I can also see the future. :stirpot: Anyway he is going to have to worry about trying to get his hands on Ramirez, which be hard to do.

This is going to be the game to watch. As I said last week, this game will tell a whole lot after it is over. I do hope it is a good game and a friendly game. Hope yall have a safe trip on the way down. Watch those big trucks I hate them. They try and hog the roads. Good luck.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Both D-lines should have their hands full in this one then.

Right. As I said in an earlier post our D line is somewhat small but very fast off the ball. We rotate two big O lineman in to anchor the middle (#70 Ledwik and #63 Schindler) on key 3rd down and short plays and goal line stands. The defense has consistently improved over the pre-district schedule and should be ready for the big O line of Gonzales. It will be up to our defense Friday to get some stops against the power running game of the Apaches.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Hook, you better play the lotto you will win for sure. It seems to me you can see into the future. As far your recruit, he will try and blow up the center on every single play, but will not be able to do it "every single play." Clack is a four year starter with a lot of experience and will for sure not let that happen. You see I can also see the future. :stirpot: Anyway he is going to have to worry about trying to get his hands on Ramirez, which be hard to do.

This is going to be the game to watch. As I said last week, this game will tell a whole lot after it is over. I do hope it is a good game and a friendly game. Hope yall have a safe trip on the way down. Watch those big trucks I hate them. They try and hog the roads. Good luck.

I am sure GZ's center, Clack, will be a formidable opponent for anyone opposite at noseguard Friday. It is going to be a very physical game especially at the line of scrimmage. Good luck to all and let's have a clean injury free game.

pacdaddy
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
I am sure GZ's center, Clack, will be a formidable opponent for anyone opposite at noseguard Friday. It is going to be a very physical game especially at the line of scrimmage. Good luck to all and let's have a clean injury free game.

Yes sir, I am with you on that one. Please be safe on the way down.

Gonzales will have to be very focused on the task at hand, and try to play an error free game. Any mistake can cost big time on our side of the ball. LG is a very powerful team and will take advantage of any mistake that the opposing team does.

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 09:03 PM

With not having a son playing in high school anymore, it is a lot easier to say what you think and feel. I know the Apaches will come to play but I know for sure this years Leps or as good and most likely better then last year. I just do not feel our District is as even as last year, time we tell. If I am wrong , it is really easy to eat grow on the internet.

pacdaddy
10-06-2013, 09:13 PM
With not having a son playing in high school anymore, it is a lot easier to say what you think and feel. I know the Apaches will come to play but I know for sure this years Leps or as good and most likely better then last year. I just do not feel our District is as even as last year, time we tell. If I am wrong , it is really easy to eat grow on the internet.

That is true sir.:wave:

Old Green
10-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Hay I’m a letterman now 500 only took 4 years.:wave::cheerl:

YTBulldogs
10-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Harris D26 rankings:

13. La Grange 231
34. Cuero 219
44. Giddings 216
45. Gonzales 216
50. Yoakum 214
160. Smithville 177

Harris Point Spread this week in D26:

Cuero* (4) vs. Giddings
Gonzales* vs. (11) La Grange
Smithville vs. (37) Yoakum*

YTBulldogs
10-08-2013, 10:40 AM
I see Harris has this district predicted tightly out the gate, based on rankings. Better come each Friday night with your A-game to stay in playoff contention in D26. This gonna be fun to watch unfold. :1popcorn:

GU_81
10-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Hell yeah! Gobblers would play them in Wharton again if they could. I give credit to Wharton for making the plays to win the game. They do have a solid team. Gobblers D basically held them to 7 points. A pick 6 off a tipped ball and a fumble recovery at Cuero's 2 yard line off a jarring special teams hit spotted the Tigers 2 early TDs. Hard to overcome that type of deficit and momentum to a good team on their home turf. Like I said though, Wharton's defense and special teams made those plays happen. However, seeing what they have done to the competition since then, I can't help but play the "should of, would of, could have" game. I guess we could all play that game with our teams in hindsight, but yes, Gobblers would love to play them again!

gobbla4life
10-08-2013, 10:06 PM
If we get another shot at Wharton , I think it would be quite a bit different outcome. JMO , Gobblers look really solid this year. Things are heading in the right direction , good luck D26 teams!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Manso/V8
10-08-2013, 10:54 PM
He has been a starter at LG since his sophomore year not a transfer. He just grew like a sycamore and got better each year. I do think our O line is the best since 2000 when we won state with the two Schramm boys at tackles, Jayrod Hickle at center, and Mike Virnau and Josh Chovanec at guards. Chovanec was all state and state champion heavy weight power lifter and a real beast. Gonzales has a dominant offensive line with size and experience so we will get treated to a tour de force at the line of scrimmage by both teams. This game is the keystone in both team's seasons. Whoever wants the win the most and puts in the best effort will prevail.

Where did the highly touted lineman (Chiles?) end up playing? How does this kid compare?

Pudlugger
10-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Where did the highly touted lineman (Chiles?) end up playing? How does this kid compare?

Childs is playing at TCU he was red shirted last year as a freshman and is on the rooster as a guard at #76 this season. Both were dominant offensive and defensive lineman and hard to compare. Ledwik was probably recruited somewhat higher with offers by ATM and UT. They both started together on the line in 2011. Ledwik grew another 2-3 inches since then and the rest is history.

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Gameday!