PDA

View Full Version : Giddings @ Cuero

Spursfan
10-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Should be a GREAT game! Gobblers are ready to play back on their new turf!!

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Should be close for awhile.

Cuero 35
Giddings 21

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 08:23 AM
From the record so far I have to go with Cuero by 14+. Giddings has a ways to go to be competitive in D26.

44INAROW
10-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I hope you're right!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GU_81
10-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Gobblers will be hungry - ready to play on new turf again and simply ready to play after having only 1 game in the past three weeks!
Go Mean Green!

Old Green
10-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Gobblers will be hungry - ready to play on new turf again and simply ready to play after having only 1 game in the past three weeks!
Go Mean Green!Welcome to the board GU_81.

GU_81
10-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the board GU_81.

Thanks Old Green! I forgot to add it is Turkeyfest weekend and Brad Goebel will be inducted into Cuero Hall of Fame. Should be an electric atmosphere in Cuero Friday night! Hope the weather stays like it is today. This is football weather!

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks Old Green! I forgot to add it is Turkeyfest weekend and Brad Goebel will be inducted into Cuero Hall of Fame. Should be an electric atmosphere in Cuero Friday night! Hope the weather stays like it is today. This is football weather!

:iagree:

Blue42
10-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Yep good to see some more posters from Cuero told you YTB they would show up and by the playoffs if things go like I think they will the DL will be loaded with them.

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 01:01 PM
With this game being Cuero , I just do not think Giddings will be able to compete with Cuero. Cuero by 3 TD's.

gobbla4life
10-06-2013, 01:03 PM
It's only Sunday , and what wonderful weather we have! We are ready for some football here in Gobbler country ! Let's get in going green , the road to where we wanna go starts this Friday night.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Yep good to see some more posters from Cuero told you YTB they would show up and by the playoffs if things go like I think they will the DL will be loaded with them.

Sad I guess. But, glad to have them back just the same. Kid's need them even when it's a down year B42. Good luck on the rug. Great upgrade over there and very deserving.

1stnurseryman
10-06-2013, 03:22 PM
I disagree with you. Not being on this site r being on it has nothing to do with wether the Gobblers r being supported r not. I think some of the posters r just being conservative after the last 3 years. The fans r there and the stands will be full for the next 5 weeks.

Blue42
10-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Sad I guess. But, glad to have them back just the same. Kid's need them even when it's a down year B42. Good luck on the rug. Great upgrade over there and very deserving.

Well I think the people in Cuero are always supportive of the team just come to a booster club meeting one time lots of support and man those people can eat. When the team was down like 2 years ago we still had as many fans as most of the teams we were playing. And there are a lot of fans that look on the down low but just don’t post if you don’t believe me look at the views on Cuero related posts. I just think more will come out of the woodwork as they all see a lot of talent on the horizon .

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Well I think the people in Cuero are always supportive of the team just come to a booster club meeting one time lots of support and man those people can eat. When the team was down like 2 years ago we still had as many fans as most of the teams we were playing. And there are a lot of fans that look on the down low but just don’t post if you don’t believe me look at the views on Cuero related posts. I just think more will come out of the woodwork as they all see a lot of talent on the horizon .

Yeah, they'll be back on here soon I hope. We had some great chat's. bd, Old Green, 44 and I, get some good conversations going at times.

pacdaddy
10-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Cuero 42
Giddings 7

That just what I think. Anyway, Good luck to both teams. Can't wait to see the new turf field.

Old Green
10-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, they'll be back on here soon I hope. We had some great chat's. bd, Old Green, 44 and I, get some good conversations going at times.:iagree: We'll get it going again YTB. I'm a little out the loop this year, so I'm short of info.

hookandladder
10-08-2013, 07:40 PM

I would be willing to bet you guys are one of the few schools in high school football that have booster club meeting during the football season and from what I hear the coaches attend and talk to the fans, that would never happen in LG and most high schools. Pretty amazing if this is still going on, just what I had heard that goes on in Cuero.

Old Green
10-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I would be willing to bet you guys are one of the few schools in high school football that have booster club meeting during the football season and from what I hear the coaches attend and talk to the fans, that would never happen in LG and most high schools. Pretty amazing if this is still going on, just what I had heard that goes on in Cuero.You heard right Hook.

GobblersUnite
10-08-2013, 08:40 PM
The program in its second year with Reeve has shown evidence of dominance. The JV is 5-0 and has outscored opponents 153-12. The Freshmen team has only lost to Vic West. The JV has had a running clock in the second half of 3 games thus far. A powerhouse for the next 3 years at least. And yes, the booster club members are very active in supporting all Gobbler endeavors.

Success is achieved with an unwavering commitment to personal excellence...

GU_81
10-08-2013, 08:47 PM
According to the Lone Star Football Network Game Simulator (always entertaining to plug in teams), Cuero wins 30-7.

GobblersUnite
10-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Buffs are comin in with a Soph QB. Ebrom has eatin up many a QB over the 4 games we've played...whether he's been ill or not...#beast mode

gobbla4life
10-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Can't wait till Friday night ! We have been a little quiet here on the board , but there is no lack of support for our teams here in Gobbler Country. We are heading in a good direction , so we are very excited. This young team looks really promising , so time will tell.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Blue42
10-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Yep me too got me one of them new parking spots that they were selling can’t wait to use it.
Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GU_81
10-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Yep me too got me one of them new parking spots that they were selling can’t wait to use it.
Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW PARKING SPOTS they were selling???!! :1omg!:

Do tell!

Blue42
10-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Yep right by the gate.

hookandladder
10-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Yep right by the gate.

That's to close to have them cold ones before the game to take the edge off, need to be just far away so you can see the field to keep them juices flowing.

44INAROW
10-09-2013, 09:17 AM
I would be willing to bet you guys are one of the few schools in high school football that have booster club meeting during the football season and from what I hear the coaches attend and talk to the fans, that would never happen in LG and most high schools. Pretty amazing if this is still going on, just what I had heard that goes on in Cuero.

I just assumed other schools did the same. We also meet the 1st Weds of the month Janurary to June. Usually don't meet in July. We don't meet on school property - a local contractor has a nice place out in the country (down the road from the La Grange HC 's in laws place) with kitchen/seating facilities and he's hosted the meetings for the last 30 years or so. A different group is responsible for cooking the meal each meeting. Last week we had BBQ pork steaks with potato casserole, salad, peach cobbler and banana pudding. My brother is coming in to cook Shrimp, chicken, turkey, ham and okra Gumbo for the Oct 30th meeting.. I just ordered 70 pounds of shrimp, 5 smoked turkeys, 3 hams and 6 chickens.. He makes enough for 120 servings and there is never any leftover. The coaches give a brief report of the previous weeks' games, etc - starting from 7th B volleyball on up. It is a casual setting - men and women are included....................

gobbla4life
10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Your right 44 , my uncles and I are BBQing ribs and sausage tonight for booster club. Ready to feed 130 people , see you guys tonight!

hookandladder
10-09-2013, 10:48 AM
I just assumed other schools did the same. We also meet the 1st Weds of the month Janurary to June. Usually don't meet in July. We don't meet on school property - a local contractor has a nice place out in the country (down the road from the La Grange HC 's in laws place) with kitchen/seating facilities and he's hosted the meetings for the last 30 years or so. A different group is responsible for cooking the meal each meeting. Last week we had BBQ pork steaks with potato casserole, salad, peach cobbler and banana pudding. My brother is coming in to cook Shrimp, chicken, turkey, ham and okra Gumbo for the Oct 30th meeting.. I just ordered 70 pounds of shrimp, 5 smoked turkeys, 3 hams and 6 chickens.. He makes enough for 120 servings and there is never any leftover. The coaches give a brief report of the previous weeks' games, etc - starting from 7th B volleyball on up. It is a casual setting - men and women are included....................

That is very special, Congrats on great community support.

Johnny Utah
10-09-2013, 04:07 PM
That is very special, Congrats on great community support.

I may become a booster club member of Gobbler Nation just to attend the meetings and EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool that they do that. Now, I am a homer....soph QB or not the Buffs give the Gobblers a game. Hope it is a great one. Is that dude still around that wears the hard hat and screams...."GO MEAN GREEN!!!" Hope the Gobblers do get back to their old winning ways......Region 4 needs a boost!!

44INAROW
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I may become a booster club member of Gobbler Nation just to attend the meetings and EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool that they do that. Now, I am a homer....soph QB or not the Buffs give the Gobblers a game. Hope it is a great one. Is that dude still around that wears the hard hat and screams...."GO MEAN GREEN!!!" Hope the Gobblers do get back to their old winning ways......Region 4 needs a boost!!

Yes, the "Go Mean Green" guy is still around.. He had some health problems last couple of years and that didn't stop him.. He continued to do his best to keep the crowd motivated. He's lost quite a bit of weight, so you might not recognize him but once you hear him - you'll know it's Herb :)

hookandladder
10-09-2013, 04:16 PM

I do not know if that guy is still around but you definitely still hear Go MEAN GREEN, even at baseball games.

Johnny Utah
10-09-2013, 04:43 PM
I do not know if that guy is still around but you definitely still hear Go MEAN GREEN, even at baseball games.

Glad Herb is doing better. That chant used to RING IN MY EARS!!!!! YIKES!!!

1st and goal
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM

This is an awesome thing. Where's the best place for visitors to park? I might stop at Hillside Cemetery and visit some old family gravesites.

Corn Cob
10-09-2013, 08:57 PM
The program in its second year with Reeve has shown evidence of dominance. The JV is 5-0 and has outscored opponents 153-12. The Freshmen team has only lost to Vic West. The JV has had a running clock in the second half of 3 games thus far. A powerhouse for the next 3 years at least. And yes, the booster club members are very active in supporting all Gobbler endeavors.

Hey GobblersUnite, your are right, but don't forget about the 7th and 8th grade Gobbler teams. I think they are doing pretty well too.

44INAROW
10-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Hey GobblersUnite, your are right, but don't forget about the 7th and 8th grade Gobbler teams. I think they are doing pretty well too.

They sure are..... the future looks bright in Gobblerville!

Where's the best place for visitors to park? I might stop at Hillside Cemetery and visit some old family gravesites.

1st and 10 the East side of the field behind the stadium there is some parking - as well as the main parking lot in front of the ticket booth. If you're serious about going to the cemetary - you could park along side the chain link fence (you'll see it - it's between the stadium and the cemetary) plenty of parking - it's just not close :( Safe Travels...

Spursfan
10-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Ahhhhh! The carnival is in town! Just heard the Gobbler Band outside this morning! The excitement is in the air!! WE ARE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

Go Mean GREEN!!!

panfan
10-11-2013, 08:46 AM
They sure are..... the future looks bright in Gobblerville!

1st and 10 the East side of the field behind the stadium there is some parking - as well as the main parking lot in front of the ticket booth. If you're serious about going to the cemetary - you could park along side the chain link fence (you'll see it - it's between the stadium and the cemetary) plenty of parking - it's just not close :( Safe Travels...

Cuero - by 2 Tds. Giddinigs has some speed, and a lot of athletic talent. They are not disciplined and make a lot of mistakes (now that was from week one, I'm sure they have improved). Yeah they beat us, that just shows that we made a bunch more mistakes than they did. Don't know anything about this year's Cuero squad, just know they always produce tough teams, just like Giddings, but I've already seen Giddings and I'm betting Cuero is better. Good luck to both teams.

hollywood
10-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Wow, this is the most activity I've seen from Cuero posters in a long time. Team must have promise this season. Great to see.

44INAROW, the booster club meetings sound awesome. Great to see that kind of community support.

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I believe Gidding's D will keep them in the game until late. If the O can get syncronized, we could get a tough W.

I'm not going to be able to make the game. Will it be on the net?

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Oh, and hope for a good, clean, injury free game.

44INAROW
10-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I believe Gidding's D will keep them in the game until late. If the O can get syncronized, we could get a tough W.

I'm not going to be able to make the game. Will it be on the net?

go to gobblersports.com - link for radio broadcast - you can listen on Ipad too - via Ustream - follow the directions - it looks harder than it is - my husband figured it out and he is computer illierate oops I mean not computer savvy..

GO MEAN GREEN

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 05:36 PM
go to gobblersports.com - link for radio broadcast - you can listen on Ipad too - via Ustream - follow the directions - it looks harder than it is - my husband figured it out and he is computer illierate oops I mean not computer savvy..

GO MEAN GREEN

LOL :), thanks!

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 08:11 PM
8:43 left in half
Buffs 10, Cuero 7

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 08:23 PM
3:58 left in half Gobbler TD
14-10 Gobblers

underware
10-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Updates Please!

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Buffs fumbled, Gobbler ball
Gobblers missed FG attempt.
1:14 left in half
Buffs ball

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 08:36 PM
These announcers are funny, but talking more about the turkey trot and greeting people coming in the press box than talking about the game.

30 seconds left, Giddings across the 50 yd line.
threw a bomb, Buff missed it thru his hands.

2nd and 10, 8 seconds left, Buffs attempt FG from 31 yd line....
GOOD!

Buffs 13-Gobblers 14

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Gobblers take kickoff, get a few plays and 2 15 yd penalties, and kick a FG.
8:55 left in 3rd, 17-13 Gobblers

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Giddings sustains a long drive and scores a TD, PAT good
Buffs 20, Gobblers 17

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Cuero on a long drive, penalties both ways...D'anthony Hopkins on a long run into the endzone. Sounds like he is the real deal. Almost every play he gets it, the announcers are saying guys are bouncing off of him or holding onto his jersey for dear life and help.
Not sure about PAT, the feed has commercials that interrupt it.
:19 seconds left in the 3rd
24-20 Gobblers

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Gobblers stop giddings after the Buffs drive to Gobbler 30.
Gobbler ball.

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Giddings stops the Gobblers,
Gobblers punt to the 20 yd line.
7:34 left in game
still 24-20 Gobblers

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 10:01 PM
4th and 1, Giddings going for it, attempt to draw Gobblers offsides, no deal.
Giddings lines up to punt, darn another commercial....:( timeout
Giddings lines up again to run the ball, gets the yard to the 32 yard line. 1st down

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 10:07 PM
pass incomplete,
runs for 5,
3rd and 5, 4:38 left
run, 1st down at 42 yd line

pass, overthrown downfield
2nd and 10, gets to the 50
3rd and a yard, 3:33 left
run to the left side, good yardage...1st down

illegal procedure, back it up to 46 yd line, 1st and 15
2nd down, ball is loose, Gobbler ball on their own 40

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 10:13 PM
2:32 on the clock, problems with time keeping
Hopkins run, giddings time out
3rd and 8, run for no gain
1:55 left, timeout

1st and goal
10-11-2013, 10:22 PM
high punt,
1:46
Giddings ball, no time outs left.
pressure on QB, got rid of ball
2nd down, dang commercial arhhhg :(, .........incomplete pass
3rd down, flea flicker, incomplete
4th down, Gobbler timeout..........pass caught OOB.

Gobbler ball....1:12 left
penalty
Game over

Gobblers win 24-20

Good game, hope Ruby Begonia wins the turkey trot tomorrow.

buff4ever
10-11-2013, 10:24 PM
good game cobblers. 24 -20. buffs put the ball on the ground 3 times and lose them all. the last one with the buffs well across mid field and 3minutes to go was the dagger.

good luck with the rest of district cobblers, buffs will bounce back from this. your back is a great one.

44INAROW
10-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys. Whew that game could have gone either way. You're right Buff, that fumble took the wind out of the Buffalo sails. Hang on folks, this district race is going to be a good one!

hookandladder
10-12-2013, 12:13 AM
A little surprised by this score.

44INAROW
10-12-2013, 12:37 AM
We didn't want to show all our cards in the 1st district game. 😋

One observation... I was very surprised at the size (or lack of) of the Giddings crowd. Do they normally have a big following?

Spursfan
10-12-2013, 01:09 AM
I will be posting pictures of the pep rally and game tomorrow via my Flickr Account and I will post a link here. I had some computer glitches tonight!

44INAROW I was wondering the same thing why Giddings travels so poorly???

Tight ball game!! On the reverse flee flicker he had the tall receiver down the sideline WIDE OPEN for a touchdown!!

Giddiings does have a lot of speed!! Way to go GOBBLERS!!!!

gobbla4life
10-12-2013, 02:00 AM
Gobblers looked a little rusty , 1 game played in 4 weeks. This team doesn't always win pretty , they are very young ( but talented )! On the other hand , these guys just find a way to grind it out and get the W's. Way to go Gobblers!l

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

Pudlugger
10-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Sounds like Giddings had a good showing against Cuero. D26 playoff senarios will remain very fluid until the last week with the Giddings Yoakum and LG Cuero games.

Old Green
10-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Sounds like Giddings had a good showing against Cuero. D26 playoff senarios will remain very fluid until the last week with the Giddings Yoakum and LG Cuero games.Giddings has a lot of speed this year compared to last year. Gobblers had a hard time getting large gains per play as in previous games. Overall, it was a hard fought game by both teams.

Old Green
10-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Highlight clip by KAVU - TV Victoria

http://www.crossroadstoday.com/content/sports/local/story/Cuero-vs-Giddings/cB2IlZWsD0SQ8-x_kufoAw.cspx

YTBulldogs
10-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Congrats to the Gob's. Great D26 opening win. Yes, Giddings is pretty fast overall I see. They'll be in it at the end IMO.

Spursfan
10-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Here are some pictures from the GAME!

Once again GREAT job Gobblers!!
Good job Buffs!! You made the Gobblers really work for it!!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjKCYAAJ

Blue42
10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Noticed when the Giddings kids were leaving the field they were very small in size not a lot of big players but they played hard and their line was still bigger than Cuero's If any team was rusty the Gobblers were lots of off sides and miss Q's
D Anthony is a beast he stiff armed a kid and took him out it was something to watch if you were not that kid he will not want to see that one on film

Old Green
10-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Noticed when the Giddings kids were leaving the field they were very small in size not a lot of big players but they played hard and their line was still bigger than Cuero's If any team was rusty the Gobblers were lots of off sides and miss Q's
D Anthony is a beast he stiff armed a kid and took him out it was something to watch if you were not that kid he will not want to see that one on filmI noticed that too Blue42:iagree: