PDA

View Full Version : At the Baylor game

Bosqueville
10-05-2013, 09:11 PM
600 yards of offense at half.. They are incredible! 56-14

Deuce
10-05-2013, 10:53 PM
I was there. Their offense looks unstoppable!

Old Tiger
10-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Starting D only gave up 14 points.

Bull Butter
10-06-2013, 01:14 AM
370 yds in the 1st Quarter!

LV_Bearfan
10-06-2013, 02:49 AM
I'll be a believer when they do it against Oklahoma. Until then, mediocre competition at best. Still impressive event at that.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I was skeptical of Baylor due to total lack of competition before... And WVU still isn't good... But they're much better than what Baylor has been playing... I'm officially impressed. I wanna see Baylor do the same thing to everyone else on their schedule...

El Prup Bulldog
10-06-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll be a believer when they do it against Oklahoma. Until then, mediocre competition at best. Still impressive event at that.

I was at the game last night also, and Baylor is the real deal. Oklahoma will not be a good team to gauge them against, since West Virginia held Oklahoma to 16 points, losing 16-7. I know that this will come as a surprise to many across the country, but Baylor will dominate a weak BIG 12 this year. They, however, may be tested once they get into a major bowl game. They have a very good defense (suspect at the corners), and perhaps the best balanced offensive attack in the country. I predict that, as long as they remain healthy, they continue to win until January. Then, and only then, will there be a true test for the Bears--but, come on, if West Virginia was not a challenge, the Sooners will not be either.

El Prup Bulldog
10-06-2013, 04:04 PM
By the way, Baylor took their first-O out with about 10 minutes to go in the third quarter.

Rabid Cougar
10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
I was at the game last night also, and Baylor is the real deal. Oklahoma will not be a good team to gauge them against, since West Virginia held Oklahoma to 16 points, losing 16-7. I know that this will come as a surprise to many across the country, but Baylor will dominate a weak BIG 12 this year. They, however, may be tested once they get into a major bowl game. They have a very good defense (suspect at the corners), and perhaps the best balanced offensive attack in the country. I predict that, as long as they remain healthy, they continue to win until January. Then, and only then, will there be a true test for the Bears--but, come on, if West Virginia was not a challenge, the Sooners will not be either.

Name one team, any team, that will be able to hang with them???? Ohio State, Oregon,Alabama?????? None of them will be able to stop Baylor.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Name one team, any team, that will be able to hang with them???? Ohio State, Oregon,Alabama?????? None of them will be able to stop Baylor.

Lol national champs huh!?

Rabid Cougar
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Lol national champs huh!?

No. I sincerely hope not. I don't think they will considering strength of schedule, if that means anything.

FB-fanatic
10-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Spent a lot of the summer in Baylors indoor facility. Got to witness Bryce Petty working out a lot. His dad would drive down 2 or 3 time a week and catch a hundred balls or so of touch passes. He is the real deal.

El Prup Bulldog
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM

Last time I checked Ohio State, Oregon, and Alabama (I'd even add A&M, LSU, Georgia, Florida State, Clemson) are not in the Big 12. I'm even a little curious to see Tech against Baylor (because of Tech's explosive offense), but not Oklahoma. I think you have named three teams that could challenge them. I added 5 more--I am sure there are others, but not a Big 12 team. Baylor is freakishly fast. Name one other Big 12 team putting an average of 70 points a game up on sub-par talent? Oklahoma put up a whopping 16 on a West Virginia team. Playing in January does not mean playing for a national championship. It does mean playing in a really nice bowl game though. If Baylor runs the Big 12, they'll be in a big bowl game. There strength of schedule, which includes a weak conference, will hurt their chance at going to the big one.

El Prup Bulldog
10-06-2013, 06:40 PM
*Their

Deuce
10-06-2013, 07:01 PM
After watching Baylor in person last night, I would pay big $ to see them play A&M. I have no allegiance to either team, but I think think that it would be one hell of a bowl game!!

Old Tiger
10-06-2013, 08:07 PM
After watching Baylor in person last night, I would pay big $ to see them play A&M. I have no allegiance to either team, but I think think that it would be one hell of a bowl game!!

I'd rather see Baylor/Oregon, both play at least a little defense.

Tin Cup
10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
At the end of last year the hottest 2 teams were Baylor and A&M. I think Baylor would beat A&M this year. I never would have thought the words "Baylor is the best team in Texas" would ever come out of my mouth but I think this is the year.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I'd rather see Baylor/Oregon, both play at least a little defense.

I can't wait to see Baylor/Texas. :)

Texas at least plays a little defense...

Old Tiger
10-06-2013, 08:39 PM
I can't wait to see Baylor/Texas. :)

Texas at least plays a little defense...

A little more than the Ags ;) haha

But that is like saying a broken tibia is better than a broken fibula, they both suck.

FB-fanatic
10-06-2013, 08:58 PM
A little surprised that close up of the Baylor DLineman kicking Trickett in the gonads on the slow-mo replay wasn't a topic that I've seen. Was pretty sure it looked intentional last night.

caleb_mccaig
10-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Good to see people are starting to drink the kool aid and starting to see I wasn't kidding when I listed them as a darkhorse for the national championship. Was also at the game last night and they're bar none the best team in Texas at this point. I'll be looking forward to seeing them hopefully put together an entire season. They usually go out against one or two opponents and flop and play flat. Hope that doesn't happen this year.

Emerson1
10-06-2013, 11:09 PM
The BCS big wigs will protect the big name teams and put Baylor up against UL if both teams happen to make it.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2013, 11:11 PM
The BCS big wigs will protect the big name teams and put Baylor up against UL if both teams happen to make it.

Baylor will come back down to earth. They'll lose a couple conference games because the big 12 is so deep!

El Prup Bulldog
10-07-2013, 12:05 AM
What I find so impressive about this Baylor team is that they have a lot of talent spread all over the field. They are, by far, the most talented Baylor TEAM I can remember.

I believe that teams that can protect their QB and throw deep to a tall fast receiver could cause trouble for Baylor defensively. There were several pass interference calls that could have gone against Baylor's defense (a lot of late contact and jersey grabbing). Other than those plays, however, Baylor's D played remarkably well. The Bears offense though is their best defense. They force teams to press in order to keep up with their point production.

caleb_mccaig
10-07-2013, 09:13 AM
What I find so impressive about this Baylor team is that they have a lot of talent spread all over the field. They are, by far, the most talented Baylor TEAM I can remember.

I believe that teams that can protect their QB and throw deep to a tall fast receiver could cause trouble for Baylor defensively. There were several pass interference calls that could have gone against Baylor's defense (a lot of late contact and jersey grabbing). Other than those plays, however, Baylor's D played remarkably well. The Bears offense though is their best defense. They force teams to press in order to keep up with their point production.

Their defense obviously isn't the best in the country but it sure isn't the worst. I think they have the ability to beat any team in the country but it will depend on if they actually show up to every game this year and play lights out. Hope they can!

Rabid Cougar
10-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Last time I checked Ohio State, Oregon, and Alabama (I'd even add A&M, LSU, Georgia, Florida State, Clemson) are not in the Big 12. I'm even a little curious to see Tech against Baylor (because of Tech's explosive offense), but not Oklahoma. I think you have named three teams that could challenge them. I added 5 more--I am sure there are others, but not a Big 12 team. Baylor is freakishly fast. Name one other Big 12 team putting an average of 70 points a game up on sub-par talent? Oklahoma put up a whopping 16 on a West Virginia team. Playing in January does not mean playing for a national championship. It does mean playing in a really nice bowl game though. If Baylor runs the Big 12, they'll be in a big bowl game. There strength of schedule, which includes a weak conference, will hurt their chance at going to the big one.

Sorry, I was speaking about potential bowl opponents. I do agree that the Bowl big wigs will protect the Old Guard and not let Baylor have at them.

caleb_mccaig
10-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Sorry, I was speaking about potential bowl opponents. I do agree that the Bowl big wigs will protect the Old Guard and not let Baylor have at them.

Got to get there first lol. But yeah I agree, it will be like when Boise and TCU both qualified and they made them play each other.